Fever Ch. 06

Story Info
Chapter 6.
6.2k words
4.29
5.4k
3

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers

Cadaceus

"You're not going to get her. She won't come," Falomi stated, trying hard to thwart my plans. I smiled at him. "You and I both know that's a lie. She'll come because she loves you. She'll do what ever it takes to prove to you her loyalty and to set you free." I'd listened in amusement as Falomi attempted waivering my thoughts on the situation.

He and I both new that his daughter at any moment would be here, however, he continued to pretend otherwise.

I knew it was hard for him to accept the fact that there was no bartering here. I'd waited more than two hundred years for Ayanna, my little flower and there was nothing he could do to change my mind regarding her. She was who I wanted and she was who I would get.

Flickering my eyes toward the front door, a smile captured my features. "She's here." There was so much I wanted to do with Ayanna, that I litterally couldn't wait to sink my teeth into her. Cruel wouldn't begin to describe the words she'd vociferously blast off.

"Let go of my father." She commanded.

"Please..." I stated, turning my features to her as she walked toward her father. She ignored my correction and turned to him, "Father, are you alright?"

He gave a small smile at her, not speaking. She turned to me. "What'd you do to him?"

I shook my head, "You didn't think I would make it that easy for you to just waltz in here did you?"

"I'm not going to leave."

"I've taken careful procedures to ensure that you don't."

"Obviously." My expression turning disdainful, the first thing I'd do was make sure she knew and understood when to speak and when not to speak, however, for now, I'd let her say her good byes.

Ayanna:

"Goodbye father." I whispered, tears in my eyes.

He glanced up at Cadecaus and I knew instantly what he was thinking. Grasping his shoulder, " No, Abbi."

My father stilled where he was, glancing down upon me. "Ayanna."

"Go." I stated, my tone surprisingly strong. He didn't seem to be able to move.

"Go." I stated again, this time tears rolling down my cheeks. "I love you father, I always will." I spoke in our native tongue.

As my father swiped the tears, he held me tightly, until he could no longer delay the inevitable. I watched as he disappeared, sure that I'd never see him again. As soon as he was gone, I felt a shift in the atmosphere and I heard Caduceus command, "Dinner will be ready at five, do not be late." Turning away, he called in a woman named Mayra and spoke quietly, yet loud enough for me to hear, "Please escort Ayanna to her room, I have some business to attend to.

"Make sure that what ever she need is provided for. I will later send in a maiden to help dress you properly." As I stood there, my heart pounding in my chest, anxiety cloaked throughout my entire body, I felt the final traces of my old life, memories with my father disipate.

When Mayra showed herself, I looked upon the face of a woman who seemed serious in every sense of the word. She was the type of woman who's lips pursed when she wasn't speaking and every word that she did say was clipped. I observed sky blue eyes and thin yet brown hair that was twisted up into a bun.

Her skin was extremely pale and the way she dressed spoke of her occupation; a knit blue sweater with a Cotton knee length skirt and sandal flats. What was most intriguing was that she was human.

This I could tell by her scent, which filled my nostrils. A salty yet sweet smell. Her eyes were glossed as if she was in a trance. That's when my gaze lowered to her kneck, where I noticed the puncture wounds there.

As she walked past me and instructed that I follow her, we walked out of the living room and I noticed a hallway in which several rooms were closed off from the rest of the house. I knew instinctively not to inquire beyond where I was.

Flickering my gaze away from the hall, I continued to walk straight through to the kitchen, which was modernized with pots and pans hanging from every angle of the ceiling. A steel stove top oven was in the middle of the room with counter tops equal to that in color.

Everything in the room was stainless steel. I noticed no table was anywhere inside. I knew that there must have been a dining area. From the kitchen, we went through another door, where a long table was sitting and beyond that a door. As Mayra went toward the door, I stopped and questioned, "My room is in the basement?"

Mayra nodded, "Yes, Ms. Ayanna, it is." She stated.

"I'm already treated like a slave." I stated to no one in particular. Mayra flickered a light on as we walked down the stairs. I was baffled into silence as the light flickered on and continued down a long hallway, of several doors.

As we came upon them, I noticed there were no windows to allow you to look into any of these rooms. The doors allowed no light to filter into beyond them as the bottoms were insulated to most likely keep out sound and light.

I felt goose bumps cross my arms as we stopped at one on the right, fourth door down from the hall. Mayra pulled a key out, opened it and I went inside.

Surprisingly enough, light flooded the small space immediately. Sensors. Glancing around, I noticed the area was big enough to fit a cot and dresser inside.

I glanced around at the cement wall and for a second thought of ripping out Mayra's juggler and just disappearing, but knew I couldn't. It would only cause a retaliation, one that would most likely lead to the death of my father.

As I sat down on the bed, I listened at the sound of the door closing behind me.

~~

I knew that although he hadn't called me up yet, he would soon enough and what ever I would be required to do, there would be no talking back, no questioning, no denying him of anything he sought for himself. What Caduceus wanted, was what he got.

I hadn't thought about what he'd want to do with me. I knew he definitely wanted me to service him, but for what and how I wasn't sure. I'd learned from my mother before her death that he had been in love with her mother.

She'd suspected that her mother had been in love with him, but what I couldn't understand is where did I fit into that picture.

My grandmother and I were as different as night and day, including our size. She had been tall and slender. I was a little over five six with a bigger build.

She was the mellow one who found joy in serving others and compliments of a tender heart. Me, on the other hand, I hate serving others. I'm only kind to my father and those who deserve it, but most of all, I hate Caduceus with a passion.

I hated him to the very depths of my soul. Especially since he'd taken my mother from me. My father and I had to burn everything from our old life the morning we left, including my mother.

We couldn't even give her a proper burial for fear that it would be dug up. We wanted no trace of us to exist, that way if Caduceus had shown up, he wouldn't be able to find us.

We left our homeland for Egypt, where we were able to find all literature that we could on vampires. We spent a good seven years there before leaving Egypt for South East Africa.

We ended up in Ghana where we stayed until war became so horrible, that we couldn't bare to stay there any longer.

From there, we'd headed to America. We'd landed on Liberty Island. Looking up at the statue, I for some reason was expecting the place to be free, to be equal. However, once we'd been welcomed into the states, it was shocking to find out that the black people here were not treated any better than they had been in our homeland.

For years, my father and I watched many, many of our kind perish in this nation. It became so brutal that we were tempted to leave the U.S. But then my father suggested that we move to the midwest, that it would be better here for us.

There would be work, more of our kind sustaining jobs and getting better opportunities. We left and ended up in Chicago. Because it was a place I'd come to love over the years, it was difficult to leave.

There had been so many negro start up businesses during our arrival; some that even we had been able to entrepreneur on our own. I decided to go to school for theatre arts, but that proved to be an awful venture.

I couldn't concentrate long enough to keep my head in my studies. All I could think about was the revenge I'd wanted to exact on Caduceus, so dad suggested I drop out until I was able to execute my revenge.

The problem with that is the one chance I should have had never came and instead I found myself traded for my father. As I continued to deliberate what would happen to me, I felt the thumping in my heart turn from panic to dread as I heard the door open from the top of the cellar stairs and Mayra's footsteps ascend.

~~

Three days later

Caduceus:

"Go and retrieve Ayanna for me, Mayra." I stated to my house maid.

"Yes, sir."

"If you have any trouble with her, please send for me at once."

"Yes, sir." She stated, going toward the door that led to the cellar. I had left Ayanna to herself for three days, ensuring that she'd have enough time to adjust to her life here.

I also didn't want to risk her trying to leave when I wasn't around after I had left town for a business meeting with a client of mine in Indonisia.

I owned several shipping companies across international boarders and my clientale often had specific ideas on the type of orders they wanted, and in order for these orders to be filled I often met with them on my own, since I was the only one I trusted to set up new transactions.

Once all of the arrangements were made, employees would manage the orders and their size. Going to my room, I went to one of two dressers and opened its bottom drawer. Grabbing out a night gown, I pushed the drawer in and grabbed a pair of women's cotton underwear.

A malicious smile appeared on my face, as I thought of the many plans I had for Ayanna. When I heard Mayra's footsteps on the stair entrance I turned around and made my way to Ayanna, giving my first command, I stated. " First things first, a shower is in order." She glanced over at me, her eyes cold, "I can't believe you left me in that cellar for three days." I allowed my eyes to find hers, "I had my reasons."

"I'm sure you had a perfectly sound explanation for treating me like a prisoner."

I narrowed my eyes, "Do not speak to me in that tone of voice."

"You're a cold, heartless bastard, you know."

Reaching out, I landed a slap across her face, "Second, you will not adress me unless I speak to you first."

As I expected, Ayanna reached out to grab me and swiftly, I switched positions, standing behind her and grasping her by her neck. "Third, any order given to you, you will execute without question. Is that clear?" I listened as she attempted to breath while clawing at my hand. "Are we clear?" She clawed harder as more pressure was applied to her throat, "I said are we clear?" She nodded. I immediately released her and threw her to the floor.

I watched as she grasped her neck and sucked in as much air as she could. Upon releasing her, I dropped the night gown and underwear next to her on the floor. "First a bath and then dinner."

I could imagine the many thoughts going through her mind as I gave out this order before leaving.

~~

Tavis:

I sat in my room sullen, not really enjoying my party, especially since I couldn't get a hold of Ayanna and there fore hadn't had the chance to introduce her to my parents and my friends. I hadn't heard from or spoken to her since the day she'd called out to me from her home and this had me a little antsy.

I couldn't explain it but something inside of me longed to hear her voice, see her face, communicate with her. Even though she and I hadn't known each other that long, we had a bond, a connection that had felt strong, real.

A connection that I knew meant something.

Flickering my gaze up to the ceiling I groaned and turned over on my stomach, burying my head into my pillow. I must have stayed that way for a good ten minutes before a knock came to my door and without waiting for a reply, Stefan came into the room.

"Hey, what are you doing up here when your party's down stairs?"

"I just want to be alone right now." I stated, my tone dead even to my own ears.

"That's not typical. You seem like you're going through something serious. Want to talk about it?"

My shoulders shrugged showing despondence.How did he always manage to get to the nitty gritty of things?

"I've known you since you were two years old Tavis, that's how."

I sighed and turned to glance over at him. "Can you please not do that, it's a little disturbing."

"What, the little vampire boy is afraid of my being able to read his thoughts?"

I laughed at this and shrugged, "I'm not a vampire."

"Yet anyway, your mother said you can be turned once you hit eighteen."

I tried to imagine myself at eighteen.

This was hard to do. Again, an image of Ayanna flashed in my mind. When I tried to imagine my future I would see her face. It was as if she was my future.

"But I can tell that this isn't about your future. It's about something more,"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"What's bothering you son?"

"Nothing." I sighed and turned over, facing the ceiling now.

"Are you sure? I have pretty good listening ears."

"I know."

"Ok, I'll be here when you are ready." I listened as he left the room.

I closed my eyes and thought what an awful party. I knew that if I wasn't downstairs in five minutes mom would come after me, especially since I'd been incognito for twenty minutes now.

~~

"Your dad lives in Bolivia."

"Oh yeah?"

Denver nodded, his eyes locked on mine. We were in an office with all type of Tech equipment. He'd gotten on one of three computers and typed in my dad's name. Oden Cooper had retired to Bolvia after contracting work with a company named WINDEX. "I would like to see him." I told Denver.

Denver glanced over at me. "That's not possible."

"Why not?"

"First off, I don't know any information regarding where he's living. Second, he doesn't even know that you've found your way here."

I narrowed my brows irritated, "I know and it's about time he did. I have questions that he needs to answer, so I'm going to give you a time to contact him and if that doesn't happen, I'll find him myself. My mom's husband has contacts all over the world and if needed be, I'll ask them."

"Olivia, I may be nice, but not that nice for you to try and force your hand regarding the matter. I believe that if your father was interested in your life and what was going on, he wouldn't have went away all of that time."

I scowled at him, "I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that. Two days and that's it, if not I'll do it myself." Turning away from him, I made my way out of the small room and back toward the main hallways where I'd eventually take my exit at the front door.

~~

"She's quite sassy." Denver stated to his boss.

Oden Cooper nodded, a smile on his face. "Just like her mother. Odilia has a ferociousness about her that's admirable."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, so if you're thinking of my daughter in romantic terms just know that she's not going to be simple at best." Denver didn't realize his body language was that readable.

Denver sighed, "I've dealt with worse, besides, she's probably not as interested in me as you think."

Oden sighed, putting a hand on Denver's shoulder, "Perhaps it's you who is mistaken."

Denver glanced up at Oden. Most fathers would do what ever it took to keep their little girl away from the opposite sex at her age, however, he was practically handing her to him.

"One thing about Olivia, the harder things get, the more she fights."

"I suppose she gets that from her mother." Denver stated.

Oden shook his head, "Yeah, switch to the outside camera." As he did, they watched Olivia move from the stairwell. "Send the boys in now."

Denver grabbed the walkie talkie at his hip, "Chip, Aden, you're up."

Oden watched as Olivia continued to walk down the path away from the building, toward the grounds. He watched the two guys come from the lair underground and walk up toward the path leading toward the property, "I almost feel bad for them." Denver stated.

"Is she really able to fight?" Oden inquired.

"Watch and see."

~ ~

I was mad, with a capital M. Of all things Denver could have done, to deny me access to my very own father was the worst. I couldn't believe he suggested that my own dad didn't care about me. How was I supposed to know about this Hunter thing if he didn't tell me?

As if this day could get any worse. Putting my hand up to my forehead, I let out a frustrated sigh. I wasn't ready to reveal to mom or the bloodsucker what I was up to yet.

I doubt that mom would want to let me participate. Everything I asked her lead to a no. I couldn't even tie my own shoe without her approval, so I knew that as I left the grounds, I could most likely forget about being a hunter. It wasn't going to happen.

"Well isn't she cute, Chip."

"She's a tall cup of cuteness."

"Think we can take her?"

"Piece of cake."

I rolled my eyes, "Guys before you decide you want to go there with me, I just want to say that I'm not having a good day nor am I in a good mood." My gaze went up to focus on two guys a little older than me. Both tall, muscular and hard looking.

One had a cut above his eye brow. A round face with high cheekbones. He slanted eyes spoke of Japanese heritage. The other guy was a little darker than I with straight hair. He looked like a story book adaptation of an Indian from India.

"What do you have in that bag?"

I grasped my bag closer to me. It had a few weapons native to the tribe that my mom belonged to. As a matter of fact, the daggers I had in here were hers and well, I didn't plan on loosing them.

"What's in here has nothing concerning you. I'm going home. Go find someone else to pick on."

"You can leave after we get a look at what's in the bag."

I sighed, "Ok, I see you want to do this the hard way." Pulling my bag straps over my shoulder, I took a Karate stance. One guy came at me first, throwing a right hook at my face. I moved aside, connecting my knee with his chest. As it did, I felt a pull of my hair from behind me, pulling me down to the ground. "Maybe the bag's not the only thing I want." The guy who'd grabbed my hair spoke.

He was about to stomp into my stomach with his boot, but I rolled to the left, away from his foot. As his foot hit the ground, I jumped up, and rammed my left fist into his back. He stumbled forward and I knocked him to the ground with a kick to the back.

As I turned the other guy came at me. I caught his arms into my hand and kicked him hard in the stomach, knocking him down to the ground. As I did the other guy who'd gotten up, came at me, and tried to hit me in the face. I pulled my body away from him, taking my foot and connecting it with his right thigh. I heard the hardness of the kick as he grabbed his thigh. Making a fist, I watched as it connected with his nose, breaking it, sure to break the nasal bone.

I felt a kick to the back of my knee, forcing me to the ground. "Damnit," I swore, feeling my knee hit the ground and pain sear through it. As it did however, I turned over off that knee and onto my back. As I did the second guy came toward me to grab my shoulders.

I took my hands and knocked his arms away from me. I felt it as his chest connected with my knees. He gasped. Quickly my hand went to the side of his head and hit hard, knocking him unconscious.

I rolled him off me and exhaled sharply. Glancing down at my watch, I thought for sure I'd be in trouble if my mom knew I'd left. The only reason I'd gotten away with it for today was the fact that she was busy working with Tavis and his guest, so I doubt that she'd notice I was gone for the hour I had been. Glancing back, I yelled, "You idiots." At that I took off and ran toward home.

Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers
12