Finally Mine 03

Story Info
A blast from the past darkens Emma's life.
4.2k words
4.69
10.7k
6

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 08/14/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you all so very much for your kind reception of chapter two. I'm hoping things get posted a bit more frequently now ;)

Congratulations to the ruggedly handsome Dino, the first one to correctly guess what happened at the end of John's section. He's a pretty stellar editor, and I'm very grateful to have had his help. Another big congrats to NorthernDancer, who also guessed correctly, and is a total gem.

Thanks so very much to Pheobecharmed and anon for their guesses. While not quite right, they were really great to read, and it's lovely seeing people become interested in the stories and the directions their minds take.

Again, anything that deals with medical things may be incorrect, or may not be the experience everyone has. Things are written a certain way for the progression of the story, and are not necessarily correct. If I mess something up, feel free to rant about it in the comments. I apologize in advance for anything that anyone feels in incorrect.

Enjoy Ch 03 of Finally Mine!

~shysubmissivegirl~

*

~John~

I gently closed the door behind me, doing my best to ensure that I didn't wake or disturb Emma. She'd had a god awful day, and Lord knows she needed all the sleep she could get.

Alex was perched right outside, his anxious eyes bright with worry. I nodded at him, "She's okay. She's exhausted, obviously, and I expect she'll be quite a bit embarrassed by how she reacted. Most people are after something like this. Go easy on her the next couple of days, and no matter what you do, no sex unless she asks for it. Understood?"

Alex furrowed his brow and nodded slowly. I could tell he was a bit upset by the news, but nonetheless, he was willing to deal with it because it was what would be best for Emma. I could see the worry settle on him as he now realized that Emma wasn't going to return to her bouncy, cheerful self right away. She needed time to cope with things, and she needed to feel safe most of all.

"Come on, let's go sit down. You need a drink," I told him, guiding him into his living room with a practiced manner. Thank God I had experience in the field of counseling, or otherwise, I'd have never been able to handle it. I was honestly shocked that Alex had done as well as he had until I'd gotten here.

A big part of that, I knew, came from his dominant personality. Alex was very good at controlling himself and remaining calm, even in high-stress situations. Still, this was beyond what most people could handle. When a loved one had a massive anxiety attack, it was always hard to deal with.

I sat Alex down, momentarily breaking free from my thoughts. "What do you want?" I asked him, beginning to rummage through his fridge.

"Just get me a beer," Alex replied, his voice strangely numb.

I hesitated, instead plucking two bottles of water from the fridge. I didn't think Alex really needed any more beer right now. He needed a clear head, so that he could comprehend everything that had happened.

I headed back into the living room, and passed Alex the bottle of water. He took it, a funny look coming over his face, then proceeded to twist off the cap and take a sip. "I thought I said I wanted a beer," he commented, taking another sip.

"I know," I replied, sitting on the couch next to him.

It was so odd watching things, looking at the room and knowing what had just happened in here. My mind raced back, reliving the events.

*

I got the text from Alex, and it had shocked me to the core. It wasn't a message really, just a picture, and I'd had to zoom in on my phone to see it clearly. What it showed had me racing from my office, and to Alex's house.

It was a picture from the news. On it was a face I didn't recognize at all, one I was certain I'd never seen. But the name below it was more than enough to guarantee who it was.

Jordan White.

I'd heard the name from Emma over and over while she and Alex tried to figure out their relationship. She constantly told me of her nightmares regarding him, how thoughts of him coming back to hurt her plagued her on a daily basis. Once Alex and Emma had gotten together, I made her tell him everything she'd told me. Alex wanted to force her to go to a counselor, and only realizing that she pretty much already had, by seeming me, stopped him from dragging her to one himself.

Jordan White was Emma's former "Master." I use the word Master hesitantly, because I don't see what he did as being anything like a Master. Jordan was, to simply put it, a bastard through and through. A Master is not someone who puts others down and destroys them. Killing someone emotionally is not the way to establish dominance. Destroying trust didn't qualify either.

It's people like him that end up killing their submissives. People like him that cause others to misunderstand the level of trust and love expressed in this lifestyle. Only those who live in real relationships centered on dominance and submission understand the whole-hearted depth of emotions and trust needed for it to be successful.

Thinking about it made my stomach roll, and I couldn't even imagine how Emma was doing. As a counselor, I could surely diagnose her with PTSD, although she was easily able to overcome it with the help of myself and Alex. With things being brought back up, I'd bet my hat that she was experiencing severe flashbacks and emotional distress.

I needed to get there fast. While Alex was good with Emma, and while I knew he loved her with all of his heart, I also knew that he wasn't exactly trained to handle situations like this the way I was. And especially with victims of sexual abuse, many people handled things the wrong way. Alex would feel the need to protect her, and hold her, and many times, that could worsen the situation a great deal.

I finally got to Emma and Alex's place. I hurried up to the door, and then stopped to compose myself. Often people going through anxiety attacks needed someone calm around them to help them ground themselves. It wouldn't help anyone, and if anything, it would make the attack go on longer or get worse.

Once I was sufficiently calmed, I eased the door to their home open, and softly crossed the threshold. I could hear soft whimpers coming from the living room, and so once I had closed the door behind me, I made my way there.

My eyes took in the room as I paused in the entrance. The couch was turned sideways, facing the wall, and Alex was sitting on it. His head was in his hands, and he was massaging his temples in frustration. Emma was huddled into the corner, her arms wrapped around her legs, rocking back and forth, whimpering.

"Please, Emma," Alex whispered, lifting his head out of his hands. Emma flinched at the sound of his voice, drawing inside herself more, curling her legs closer to her body and rocking faster. Alex's face dropped, and it worried me to see how drawn and exhausted he looked.

I stepped into the room slowly and quietly, being sure not to alert Emma to my presence, and gently rested my hand on Alex's shoulder. He jerked, and turned to look at me, relaxing when he realized who it was.

I placed my finger over my lips, indicating that he should be quiet, and nodded my head towards the door I'd just come through. He looked back at Emma, worried about leaving her, but at my insistence, followed me.

We passed through the door, and made our way outside. After ensuring that the door was closed so we wouldn't disturb Emma, I turned to Alex and said in a quiet voice, "Okay. I know you're freaked out and stressed, but I really need you to let me handle this. Emma's going through hell right now, and she needs someone who knows how to make it better. Just stay in the corner, and stay quiet, and watch so you can do it next time. Okay?"

He nodded back at me, a bit caught off guard by how straightforward I was being. I smiled, trying to convey that I was sorry, and turned to go back inside.

Once I entered the house, I was in the zone. I was completely focused on Emma, and ensuring her well-being. I made my way into the corner where she was huddled, and sat on the ground in front of her.

"Emma?" I said softly, pressing forward even when she flinched. "It's John. It's me, your friend John. I promise, you're okay. I know you're scared, and you have every right to be scared right now. I just want you to know that you're not alone, and that Alex and I are here, and that we love you and care for you, and we're here to keep you safe."

I paused, gauging her reaction. She seemed to be doing okay, so I decided to continue. "Do you want to be touched right now, or would you rather not?" I asked gently.

I waited for a bit, and when she didn't respond, I was unsure of how to continue. Finally, unsure of whether this was the correct decision, I said in a stern voice, "Emma, you know I need a response. Do you want to be touched, yes or no?"

Surprised by the tone of my voice, Emma's head lifted, and her eyes peeked out at me. Cautiously, she nodded. I smiled at her, very pleased by her reaction. "Thank you, Emma," I told her, gently patting her leg.

We sat like this for a long while, my hand on her leg, her rocking back and forth. Every now and then a tremor would flicker it's way through her body, and the whimpering would start up again as she rocked back and forth. Every time, I would gently squeeze her leg, and whisper to her that Alex and I were here, and that she was safe and loved.

The tremors grew further and further apart, and as they did, the rocking began to slow, finally coming to a stop. I kept my hand on her leg, comforting her, waiting for her to pop her head up from the nest she'd made with her legs.

Finally, her eyes peeked up at me like they'd done before. I smiled at her gently, and gave her leg another squeeze. I was rewarded with a small smile, and then rapid blinking. It would have almost been comical to watch the exhaustion sweep over her face if I hadn't been this close to her.

"Emma?" I asked gently, "Would you like me to take you up to your bed, so you can sleep?"

She blinked at me twice, and I waited patiently. She knew already that I needed a yes or no answer, and that anything else wasn't going to be acceptable.

Finally, after what seemed like an interminable wait, she gave me a tiny nod. I smiled down at her, and gently scooped her into my arms. She rested her head on my chest, allowing me to carry her wherever I pleased.

I carried her up the stairs, which I knew led to her and Alex's room. Alex's footsteps followed along behind me, and I didn't turn to stop him. I simply carried Emma through the door, laid her on the bed, then turned back around to close it. I didn't want Alex to come in here.

"Emma, do you want to get into pajamas?" I asked her, watching for a reaction.

She responded more quickly this time, although there was still a significant delay before her nod came.

"Are you okay if I help you change? I know you're still unsteady on your feet, and I don't want you falling," I explained at her hesitant look. "I promise to be a perfect gentleman, and if you ever want me to stop, I swear on my life I will."

Emma eyed me for a few more minutes, before nodding slowly.

"Where are your pajamas?" I asked her.

She pointed at the closet, and I opened the door, quickly finding a pair of lime green fuzzy pajama pants and a teal tank top. I held them up for her inspection, "These okay?"

She nodded, and sat up on the bed a bit. I went over to her, and carefully helped her stand up. "Alright Emma, shirt off."

Emma stood there, still for a second. "Remember, any time you want me to stop, I will. I'm just here to help you change into pajamas, nothing else."

That seemed to encourage and calm her, and she carefully tugged on the hem of her shirt, pulling it up and over her head in a quick movement. I took it from her, and helped her slip on the bright orange tank top.

We repeated the process with the lime green pajama pants, except she put them on primarily by herself, using me just for balance. It was good to see her starting to recover, as proven by her ability to accomplish the new tasks that I gave her

Once she'd finished putting on the pajama pants, I helped her back to the bed. She lay on one side, and immediately pulled one of the pillows to her and took a deep breath, smelling it. She then lay her head on it and cuddled into it. I pulled the blankets up around her, and quickly piled the rest of the pillows around her, basically creating a nest for her.

She cuddled in, a small smile ghosting across her face.

"I'm going to go back out of the room now, Emma. I want you to sleep now. Alex and I are going to be just downstairs, so if you need anything at all, just come and ask. Or you can just shout down to us, and we'll come up to you," I told her.

She nodded at me, blinking her eyes, sleep already creeping up on her.

I opened the door, and closed it behind me softly, doing my best to ensure that I didn't wake or disturb Emma. Alex was perched right outside, his anxious eyes bright with worry. I nodded at him, "She's okay."

*

And now we were here. Emma was still upstairs, sleeping.

Right now, I wasn't too worried about her. She would sleep off the anxiety attack, and come down ready to face the world. She'd probably have nightmares for a while, especially until this whole thing with Jordan popping back up was resolved. But I knew that she would pull through and return to normal.

Alex was another story.

Sometimes I think it's almost harder on the loved ones of those who suffer PTSD and anxiety. They have to cope with the guilt, the terror they bring those they care for. I knew Alex loved Emma deeply, and not being able to help her would hurt him a great deal.

"Alex?" I said, capturing his attention. "I hope tonight was a good lesson for you. I'm sorry I was so abrupt with you earlier, but it needed to be done, for Emma's sake. I won't always be here in the future, and this may happen to Emma occasionally. But I know that you can help her through these episodes. It's just important to let her know how much you love her and care for her. I know it seems like a lot to wrap your head around, but you'll get better at it with time. Most people that suffer from PTSD that I've treated just need a sense of stability, and to be reminded that they're in the present with someone who loves them. You can do that far better than I can. For someone like Emma, be very sure to approach anything even bordering on sexual very cautiously. And always pay attention to her when she's having an attack. You'll learn what things can trigger it, and how best to bring them out. Emma responds incredibly well to direct questions, which you may or may not have noticed. Making her pay attention to something specific in a direct way helps to bring her around far quicker than just asking a question and leaving it. Never force her to do anything, but constantly remind her that you've asked her a question, and that you want an answer. Other than that, just be yourself," I told him, trying to explain the diagnosis in a way he would understand and could use to help both him and Emma in the future.

Alex nodded slowly, his face still drawn. I could tell something was still bothering him, and I had a feeling I knew exactly what it was.

"You know there's nothing you could have done to prevent this, right?" I asked. When I saw his face twinge, I knew I'd guessed correctly.

"Like Hell I couldn't. I should have killed the mother fucker the second I saw him with my Emma. I should have killed him when I saw what he did to her. I should have hunted him down and made sure he would never ever be able to touch my girl again. I should have... I should have protected her from this." His voice cracked, and tears began to race down his cheeks. "God why didn't I protect her?"

He fell against the couch, sobs now racking his body. I wasn't quite sure what to do. This was my best friend, my confidant, strong, sure best friend who never doubted himself. I knew he loved Emma, but it was times like these that made me realize just how much he did.

"What makes you say you didn't protect her? Alex, you did far more than anyone else could have ever done. You gave her the best protection anyone could ever give a girl. You gave her your love, so that she would always know that you would take care of her, through anything. That's all she needs to be able to get through this. Just keep on loving her, and everything else will work itself out," I told him honestly.

His sobs eventually ran out, and he turned to look at me. "Thank you, John. I- It means so much that you're willing to be here for me and Emma. I'm sorry I kind of... broke down there." He seemed really embarrassed, and a faint blush rose to his cheeks.

"Hey, we wouldn't be friends if we weren't allowed to break down about the girls we love, right? I fully expect you to allow me to do so without throwing a fit," I told him, grinning.

That seemed to break him out of his mood. "Oh, you've got a girl you love, do you?" he asked, waggling his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Not yet..." I told him, longing filling my voice.

An uncomfortable silence followed. "Sorry," I finally said. "I'll wallow in self pity later. For now, can you please tell me what the hell is going on? All I know is Emma saw something about Jordan on the news, and it freaked her out. Completely understandable, but what was it?"

"Well, why don't you see for yourself. I recorded it before turning off the TV. Maybe that makes me a terrible person, but a part of me wanted to watch it later and just scream at him for what he did to my kitten."

The aggressive Alex was back, and I smirked at him. "Well, let's just watch it the first time, so we can figure out what's going on. Then I'll happily leave you to scream at the TV screen, as long as Emma is still asleep. Just make sure you delete the show from your recordings before Emma wakes up. I wouldn't want her watching this anytime soon," I warned him.

He nodded, and pressed a button on the remote to turn on the TV. A few clicks later, and his finger was hovering over the play button. He took a deep, shuddering breath, and finally pressed play.

A news anchor was already part of the way through a report, her normally lovely face seeming anxious and worried, "...announced on Friday that the woman is doing fine, and wishes to retain her anonymity. Federal agents are now searching through the remaining tapes in an effort to locate the women involved to testify against Mr. White in a court hearing, which is predicted to take place in a few months. The tapes in question are alleged to contain explicit and violent sexual content between the accused and other women he was acquainted with , and will be central to the case against Mr White. For that reason we are unable to show them at this stage.Federal agents are encouraging anyone who may have information pertaining to the case, or who may know the location of any of the women who were involved with Mr. White to please contact their local police right away. In other news..."

Alex paused the TV, his face white. "There were... others. Before her. And another after her," he whispered, disgust filling his voice.

"That poor woman," I murmured, concerned. Most psychopaths got more obsessive and destructive with time, not less. There was a good chance that what Jordan had done to Emma would nearly pale in comparison to what the unknown woman had endured. The thought sickened me when I thought of how ill and hurt Emma had been when she'd first gotten here, and how she was still suffering to this day. God knows how this new woman even functioned.

Alex's voice broke into my thoughts. "Do we need to tell the cops? That Emma was involved with him?"

12