Finding a Roommate

Story Info
She was new in town.
4.7k words
4.5
27.3k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The year after I finished college, I took a job as a junior management trainee in a stock market firm. I hated everything about the job, but it paid my share of the rent while I got my screwed up brain together.

One Saturday, a female showed at our door, asking if we would consider a girl for the roommate opening we had posted. She looked presentable, and I invited her in to meet Sean, my one remaining roommate. The lease was in my name, and it wasn't a good time of the year for finding someone, so I was feeling ambivalent. Women roommates were a curse, my friends had told me, running down a long litany of complaints that did not sound like the fair sex. The fact that this was occurring over a second or third round of beers at the corner establishment didn't mean anything, of course.

"My name is Laura Tompkins and I am new in town. Levy Brothers has hired me in their IT department. Your apartment is walking distance from the office, which is good. I was a runner in school."

Sean and I looked at her, warming up. Very trim. Tallish for a woman, maybe 5-10. Pretty, but not a stunner. Short hair, bobbed at her neck. She handled questions very well. I threw her a curve, "Laura, the gossip is that men and women don't mix well in a roommate situation. Would you be up for a thirty day, no questions trial?"

Her gaze was very direct. "I was in a mixed dorm at school and am used to dealing with that. I think I can be a good roommate with you and Sean."

On the far side of Laura, Sean was shaking his head, no. I smiled, "Ok, we'll give it a go. You can move your stuff in anytime. I'd like a check for first and last month's share of the rent. It's ok if you need to wait for a first paycheck."

Laura was a dream roommate. Never had to be asked about any chores. Didn't fill the bathroom with cosmetics and junk. Wore sweats around the apartment and didn't date anybody that we knew.

With the thirty days coming to completion, Sean sat with me at the local bar on Friday night and said, "She has to go." I took a long swallow of my beer and asked, "Any particular reason?"

"She makes me nervous. I'm used to being around guys."

"She's holding up her end of things and then some. Doesn't need reminding about chores, like you do."

"Eric, either she goes, or I go."

I looked at him and smiled, "I think you know the answer to that."

He swore. "Asshole, I'll be gone by tomorrow night. One of my buddies will put me up."

Laura did a full day of overtime that Saturday, and flopped on the sofa when she got home after five. I found a light beer and took it to her.

"You are an angel. Come here and give me a kiss."

Friendly pecks on cheeks had progressed to brief touches on lips. That day, she reached up with her hands and made it a long, hot kiss.

I sat on the floor next to the sofa with my own beer and asked, "What's that all about?"

"My thirty days is almost up. That was to thank you for letting me stay."

I kissed the back of her hand. "You are devious. I could bounce you this minute. Remember, it is no questions asked."

Her hands caressed my face. "You are a dummy, Eric. At least about girls. Come here for another kiss and tell me I am staying."

My arm pulled her into my lap. "You are going over my knees and out the door. I don't take smartass talk from anyone, especially not sexy women who don't know their place..."

"Oh god, thank you, thank you, thank you. I promise to be the best roommate ever. Please, let me take us to dinner to celebrate."

I needed a long kiss to think about that. As I stood and untangled us, she asked, "Where's Sean?"

"I'll tell you later. Dress up a bit. Dinner is on me at that fish place."

She folded into the passenger seat of my wreck and smiled across. The black dress did wonders for her figure. Laura was a new woman that evening. She'd passed her housing initiation. Her job was going well and she already had gotten a raise. Our conversation flowed rapidly and easily. She sipped from my martini, the first in months, and giggled. "I've always been in training, so gin is pretty new to me. If I have much more of this, who knows what will happen?"

"Sean is gone."

Her eyes widened. "He made you choose between us?"

I nodded and had another sip of gin. She held out her hand and I transferred the glass. More than a sip went down her throat.

"Hot damn. Why did I get to stay?"

I stared hard, with a thin smile she could interpret any number of ways.

After a minute of staring, she looked away. I reached for her hand and kissed it. "My reward is ice cream with you on the sofa."

We tried to cover over the fact that the topic of Sean had wrecked the dinner, but the conversation sucked. I paid up and we left.

On the way back, she directed me to what she said was supposed to be the best ice cream parlor in town and came out with a brown bag under her arm and a soft look for me.

She got out dishes in the kitchen and said, "I should get out of this dress before I make a mess on it."

While she was gone, I opened the bag and discovered a pint of blackberry sorbet, and a pint of vanilla fudge swirl. I was trying to make up my mind when she pressed against my back, whispering, "Are those ok?"

"We are going to break training with two kinds of ice cream?"

Her arm was tightly around me, tongue licking my ear and other places. "It's a special day."

The next thing I knew, she had lit a candle across the room, turned out all the lights, arranged us on the sofa under the throw blanket, and was handing over a dish with some of both. She had old fashioned pajamas on and I was in my workout pants for the sake of decency.

She licked my lips with a cold tongue and said, "You are pretty quiet tonight. Is it really ok for me to stay here?"

"Maybe we don't need a third roommate."

That got her tensed up. "Damn."

I ate several spoonfuls of ice cream while she waited for me to say something more.

Finally, she put the empty dish down and buried her head in my chest. I ran my fingers gently through her hair and massaged down her back as far as I could reach. It was warm and cozy under the blanket and I didn't feel like saying anything, just enjoying her warmth and the breathing of a woman lying on me.

She mumbled, "This is very bad," and stretched up for a kiss.

After a while of resting there with my hands on her firm behind, the front of which was pressing on my erection, I realized it wasn't fair to hold back.

My voice was low, almost a mumble. "If you haven't guessed, it would be nice if we were more than roommates."

After a long silence, she said, "I'm having trouble figuring you out. I've only had a couple of boyfriends up to now, and they were very physical. Hands everywhere. Never asked, just took what they wanted unless I put up a fight. How come you treat me like you do?"

"I don't really know. Before my parents divorced, mom got knocked around a lot. I was young enough to cry, watching her get hurt. Her dad found out and beat the devil out of him. Got a court order keeping him away. I could never figure out why some guys like to hit a woman."

She pulled me to my feet and to the bathroom. "Brush your teeth, I'm sleeping in your bed tonight."

She must have guessed I was messed up about women, because after she was snuggled in the bed, her back to my front, she said, "This has possibilities. We have to talk." After a pause, she added, "In the morning."

There is something special about waking up with a warm body in your bed, even if it does have pajamas on. I stretched and she put her teeth lightly to my shoulder muscle. "I woke up in the night wondering if you were going to come after me."

I turned into her. "I might have if I wasn't sleeping off the gin."

We were face to face and her hand was finding my morning hardness. "I think you are a faker. I think there has to be a class in advanced sex education. A naked class."

"What about a run and some breakfast? Sean's not going to be gone until tonight."

She gave me her back again and pulled my hand to her chest. "Hold that for me. Keep it warm." And underlined the order with a push of her rear into my crotch.

I realized the soft Laura was disappearing, and the smart, aggressive Laura was emerging. Maybe if she got to order my body around, she could put some order into my head.

I pushed her flat and got a thigh between her legs to keep her there. A few buttons later, my tongue was warming the stiff nipple on her very pretty freckled boob.

"That's better. I thought maybe there wasn't anything happening with us, even after that nice evening."

I kissed her quickly. "I'm not sure I am boyfriend material. I want to write in the worst way, but the stupid job pays the bills. Why should I ask you to deal with a screwed up guy?"

She sat on my chest, leaving the pajama top hanging open. The face and eyes were serious. "I get to decide if you are boyfriend material. So far, things are looking good. At the moment, the only thing on my 'don't like' list is the fact that I want sex with you and you haven't delivered. Can we fix that?"

I rolled her off and walked toward the kitchen. I muttered, "This is bad, really bad."

Her arms caught me at the knees and I went down hard. Where did she learn to tackle? My head hurt from hitting the floor. Or maybe it was the booze last night. Things were not working in my brain cells.

"Damn, you are messed up. Can't we have a simple boy-girl roommate deal? That's what you were talking about yesterday, wasn't it?"

I buried my head in my hands on the hard wood floor. "Just leave me. Time heals all wounds, doesn't it?"

"What the hell has wounded you? I promised you my body. I promised to be a good roommate. Is there more I need to do?"

"Go work some more overtime. I will be better by dinner time."

"Fuck you!"

She left, cursing to herself.

A few minutes later, Sean showed up, still angry. "You change your mind? I don't see her around."

"It's over Sean. Take your things. Since I am responsible, I am giving you your last month's rent back."

In thirty minutes, he was walking down the front steps, clutching my check. His last words were, "I hope she's a good fuck, asshole." I had both of his keys in my hand, making sure there weren't going to be any return visits.

He liked that word, didn't he? Maybe it was true. I grabbed my wallet and walked a block to Joe's for some hair of the dog.

Joe owned and bartended his own place. The only helper, Joy, was his woman, more or less. When he mouthed off, she didn't hesitate to go behind the bar and let loose a hard punch to his big gut.

He put the specially mixed bloody Mary in front of me and said, "You in trouble? I don't remember feeding you one of these before."

"Girl trouble." The drink burned its way down, and I closed my eyes, suffering in silence.

"Joe, she is a fantastic woman. That's what scares me. What if I lose it and fall in love with her?"

"Is she fixing to lay a quick marriage on you?"

"That's another problem. She is being super nice. Hasn't said a word about marriage or babies. We haven't even had sex yet."

"Jesus, Eric, maybe you need a shrink."

"Maybe. My body wants another one of those, but I am going home to get my clothes changed and do a hard run. That might fix my pissy mood."

Mostly, it hurt. Paid me back for my sins, whatever they were. After an hour and a bunch of miles, I circled back and stood under the shower for a long time, washing confusion away.

Finally dry, I realized I owed her an apology, a big apology. I used the car for a trip to an upscale grocery in a better part of town. Even splurged on a fifty dollar bottle of Italian red.

It was almost five when she walked in, the last sun in the room highlighting the strong lines of her face. She looked at everything spread on the counter and asked, "What is all that?"

I hesitated, giving her a small smile, "I thought a home cooked meal might be nice. I'm sorry for being such a bastard this morning. I went for a long run and think I have things under control now."

She put her purse down and walked straight into me, arms locked around my neck. Her kiss was soft and gentle.

"So, I should take a shower and put on a dress, and we will have real cocktails in the living room?"

I pressed her to me, shaking. I licked her ear and whispered, "Yes."

She looked up with her trademark quirky smile and asked, "If we try gin again, will it cause trouble?" Her hand was reaching between my legs and liking the hardness she found there.

The squeeze was hurting when she said, "Is this ready for class?"

My hands went down the inside of her jeans and pinched back. I made up a terrible fib and said, "Joe gave me advice on how to treat a woman properly."

The eyes widened before she turned away, mumbling, "Damn."

Dinner was in the oven, and I was stirring gin and ice in a mason jar when she walked into the front room with a dress on. Hair up, makeup, even heels. I was paralyzed.

Her smile lit up the room. "Eric! This is such a surprise, asking me over for dinner on such short notice. Are we really on a date?"

I poured from the jar directly into two chilled glasses. I nodded and she said, "I'm auditioning for girlfriend? Your first real girlfriend? Is that right?"

Her eyes gazed at me over the rim of the glass as gin sluiced between her red lips. I was paralyzed all over again.

Looking down at the rug, I mumbled, "You are awfully nice. This is a lot more than being a good roommate."

She scooted over so her hip was nudging mine. "I do want to be your girlfriend. That was such a shock yesterday when you said you wanted us to be more than roommates. My head was spinning."

I squeezed her hand, wondering why I wasn't being more macho with this beautiful, smart woman. I had handled the Sean business straight up, what was wrong with me?

I took a deep breath and tried my strong man voice, "Laura, there are new rules. I'm not living with a woman who bosses me. In this house, you will follow orders. Is that understood?" I put our glasses down and pulled her across my lap. A few seconds later, I discovered bare skin under the dress. Not long after that, the dress was history and my face was buried between muscular thighs.

"No! I didn't say you could do that! Stop." Her words lacked conviction.

A shock wave of male aggression swept through me. My cock twitched and grew. I tightened my grip on the thighs and licked everywhere on her sex. Her voice rose an octave. "Please, no."

This wasn't a seduction, it was raw lust running through me for the first time. She squirmed and complained. I was turning her on. No meant yes. A thought went through me, "Dumbnut, she wants a guy who gives her hard sex. No soft lovey-dovey stuff. Just let your cock do what it was made to do."

With a roar, I was out of my pants in a flash and buried in her warm wetness. Her incredible clenching sex and wailing voice. I was way too fast, but she stayed with me, hips returning every thrust until we both shouted our come.

A while later, she had me on my stomach, sliding around on top as my stuff drained out. The husky voice at my ear said, "Boyfriend, if you want any more of this fine pussy, you will go very easy on the macho stuff..."

I relaxed, making a small agreeable noise while deciding how to tame my new lover. Somehow, I had emerged from my passive shell to take her by surprise. Was this new threat a tease? Standing as though heading to the shower, I quickly had her in my arms and up against the nearest wall, my rampant cock spearing her from behind.

"Aaieee! No! Get out of there!"

He was hard as ever, giving no quarter. She cursed and fought me, trying to get arms free. The thumps against the wall shook the house. A dozen hard thrusts and he was spurting another load deep inside. She went limp in my arms and I carried her to the shower for real this time.

The hot water beat on us as I gently soaped her body. Afterwards, wrapped in the giant terry towel, she found her voice and hissed, "Bastard. Who do you think you are? I'm not some rag doll to be fucked every five minutes."

I said nothing but worked lotion into the body everywhere. On her back, eyes closed, she tried weakly to beat on my back as I tongued her crease, lingering on the red and engorged clit.

"You have to stop. I don't have any orgasms left."

"Want to bet?" The torture went on until she shuddered and collapsed in my arms.

Minutes later, she whispered, "Are you still feeding me dinner?"

I stood her gorgeous naked body in the middle of the living room and carefully restored the pretty dress.

"That was a mistake, not putting my undies on. I'll have to remember that your hand finding me bare will lead to male violence." Her arms went around my neck and the kiss was hot, wet and lingering.

"Eric," she said, dragging out my name, "that was very naughty. I've never come like before. What got into you?"

"Let's eat and I'll tell you."

The spicy lasagna was very good. The crunchy vegetables were lovely, and the red wine disappeared in a hurry. Our plates were almost clean before I realized we were eating and not talking. She looked at me and laughed, "I could learn to like living with you. Is dessert in the other room?"

Sliced strawberries, marinated in Grand Marnier, went over the French vanilla ice cream. Her body relaxed against mine and she provided spoonfuls for both of us. My hand was inside the top of her dress and she did not complain.

"You were going to tell me about that vicious attack on my body?"

I transferred the dessert dish to the table, snuggled her into my side, grabbed the throw blanket and turned out the light.

"It was all your fault. You unleashed the beast in me with that talk about needing sex education."

"I guess I will have to remember that too. Be careful around repressed males."

"Are you going to sleep with me tonight? Am I forgiven?"

She stood and slipped out of the dress. Naked girl was quickly back under the blanket, kissing me. The fragrance of the bath wash was wonderful. I sniffed around and massaged the wonderful tits, pinching the tips.

"Stop that, you are making me wet all over again."

We were naked in my bed, slipping away, when she giggled and twitched in my arms. I pinched a fat nipple and said, "What?"

"I remembered something my mom told me after I came home from my first date and first lover's kiss. 'Laura,' she said, 'Lust takes away reason. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world. Can get you in all kinds of trouble.' "

I licked her ear and tightened my hold on the fantastic chest.

"So, if we are both lost in lust, there is big trouble?"

"Has to be."

In the morning, she was still in my arms, and didn't feel like trouble. Suddenly, I was overcome by a strange feeling and leapt out of bed, dashing for the bathroom and shouting "Yes, yes, yes."

Laura was right behind, laughing and swatting my ass as hard as she could. "You nutty guy! What is it now?"

I was going to turn around, but realized that would get pee everywhere. Until she brushed past and sat down, my stream still flowing and splashing on her front, a glistening golden river. Her hands reached up and pulled me to her lap, the firehouse going between her thighs. But there was a race, the firehose growing while draining. And my crazy new girlfriend laughing, slapping me around, and using the stiff appendage to drag us to the shower.

She pushed a fresh cup of coffee across the table as I finished buttering the toast, and offered the jar of marmalade.

"Big meeting this morning. I may get promoted and have to move to Columbus."

"But you just got here."

"They like my work. The CS degree helps. If it happens, I have a special deal for you. But I am not going to talk about it until tonight, after I know what the story is."

12