Finding Himself Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In California, of course, anything over 60 years old is considered ancient and probably needs to be torn down and something new built in its place!

It was around 4:00 PM when we left Solvang for Santa Barbara, but rather than charging back down the 101, we took the back way through the mountains, past Lake Cachuma and Ronald Reagan's get away, Rancho Del Cielo. It is a winding, twisty road and heaven help you if you find yourself behind an RV that won't pull over to let traffic pass, but a great scenic drive.

We stopped for dinner in Santa Barbara (salads that time!) and finally at about 7:30 started south towards L.A. after traffic had thinned out a bit. Hallelujah, our strategy had worked.

"Ted," Susan started, looking at me across the center console, "I don't want to go home yet."

"Well...." I replied with one of those responses that is really a delaying tactic while you try to think.

"Any special reason?" I finally asked, with real curiosity.

"I guess I don't want this weekend to be over quite yet. I want to stretch it out as much as I can. Plus," she said with tears beginning to well up in her eyes, "I don't want to go back to my empty, lonely house and be there, back in the real world, by myself!"

I chuckled a little and reached over and caressed her face and arm.

"Tell ya what then — we'll go back to my place for tonight. What time do you need to be at work in the morning?"

My reply had brightened Susan's outlook immediately; the tears were banished back to where they had come from.

"I usually start at 8:00 AM, but I can't even remember the last time that I called in late or sick, so if I don't get there on time, it won't be a problem. I'll just call them and let them know not to expect me until I get there."

That was how we ended up at my house on Sunday evening.

My place is up in the hills in Calabasas and is in a gated community — not too fancy, just a gate with a code to keep out the unmotivated apprentice thieves. But if Susan wasn't going home for the night, I would just as soon not have Joe come to my place looking for her unannounced.

My home was the house that Pam and I had purchased years before while our children were still living with us, before they took off for college on the other side of the country.

It was a ranch style (so there would be no stairs to climb when we got old together) with five bedrooms, three and ½ baths and a pool in the backyard. At the time that we bought it, we had the master, and the kids each had their own bedroom, leaving one bedroom as a guestroom and I used the final bedroom as my home office after I retired.

We had remodeled it into more of an open floor plan with the kitchen, dining room and living room all basically one large living area. We had a rarely used fireplace (we don't ever get really cold weather in Southern California, even if we pretend that we do) and the house was painted in warm tones — beige or off-white walls, reddish stained wooden cabinets, carpets in brown shades. None of the more stark modern black and white sterility for us!

I probably should have sold the place — it was way too large for a single person — but I just couldn't give up the connection that it gave me to Pam. She had decorated it, selected the furniture and placed the family photos and paintings that we'd acquired together. It was still HOME.

Susan and I arrived at around 9:00, not too late, and I kicked on the gas log fireplace, and made us a couple cups of hot chocolate. A little Jameson's added some pizazz to the mix. By the time we finished our libations we were ready for beddie, Freddie.

You don't think that I would be so cruel as make Susan forgo a little more practice with her fellatio skills do you? But I didn't want to cum in her mouth again, so after I did a little mouth-to-pussy preparation, Susan rode me cowboy style for a while. I used a finger up her back passage while whispering in her ear, telling her to imagine that it wasn't my digit but another man's cock occupying her at the same time. I don't know if she had ever had any MMF fantasies, but that seemed to inspire her to greater heights.

I had managed to resist my climax again, but after the wild cowgirl had ridden me until that horse was broke, I turned her over on her front on the side of the bed, lubed both her rear end a little more and my dick, quite a bit, and slowly took her remaining virginity.

It was pretty easy to get in. She was already loosened up and she wasn't worried that it was going to hurt, so I just pushed in slowly, pulling back out and going back in a little deeper each stroke until I was in balls deep. Then I began stroking in earnest, to a chorus of "Oh yes, Oh yes, Oh yes Ted, Oh don't stop Ted, Please don't stop." I think you get the idea. No close neighbors to hear her, thank god!

Later, as she lay there her arm sprawled across me, her magnificent tits resting on my chest and her head on my shoulder she quietly spoke to me as she was drifting off to sleep.

"Thank you, dear Ted, for this weekend. You've bolstered my ego; I feel like an attractive woman again. And the sex was, well, an epiphany. I don't know whether to be upset that I could have been having great sex for years but haven't been, or if I should just be thankful that now I know what I want and what I need from a man in bed.

"Lemme tell you, if I take Joe back, he's gonna have to...."

And she just fell asleep in the middle of the sentence. Good for her. I wasn't far behind.

We got Susan off at a reasonable time the next morning. I dropped her off at Joe's and her house so she could change clothes and get her car. I gave her the code to the gate of my community and a key to my house should she want/need to come over. I did warn her that if she didn't call and check first, she might find me with another woman.

"Now if you wanted to join us, that would be perfectly acceptable to me," I teased.

"Not on your life mister! I'm a strictly hetero type and only one man at a time— no threesomes!" she snapped back, although she wasn't really angry.

"I don't know — just consider that it might be a new experience that could open your eyes to an entirely different world of..."

"Goodbye Ted, you dirty minded pervert!"

"But your favorite dirty minded pervert."

She laughed and we parted.

~~~ 15 ~~~

Joe had a much more subdued weekend.

After his Friday night debacle, he passed on going out Saturday or Sunday night staying in to be ready for work Monday morning.

At least he'd gotten home and taken care of some things around the house. He was somewhat miffed that Susan hadn't called to let him know she was back, or to thank him for doing the lawn on Saturday.

Sunday evening he stopped by a KFC and picked up a 3-piece dinner and went back to the apartment to watch some sports. He wondered if he should give Susan a quick call, you know, just to see if she was OK, but her phone was still off and it went directly to her voice mail. He left a message letting her know he'd been by the house and wanted to be sure that everything was OK with her. She didn't respond by the time he went to bed Sunday night.

Monday morning Joe was opening the shop at 8:00 AM as usual. He still hadn't heard back from Susan and he considering calling her at work, but he knew she really didn't like to be called for personal business during the workday unless it was a real emergency — like something wrong with the kids. Joe was still thinking about calling anyway, but before he had a chance his first customer of the day was there with his car and after that he was so busy that he forgot.

Joe's Auto Repair was a busy and successful small business. He'd bought it from his father 15 years earlier, but all his father had wanted was a monthly payment to supplement his Social Security so long as he was still alive. Joe's mother had passed away years before. But Joe's father, who both he and Susan loved dearly, had a heart attack one night and despite the best efforts of the EMT's and the physicians at the hospital, he died the next day. So now Joe owned the place outright. In fact, he owned his Dad and Mom's old house too, which he and Susan rented out for a nice bit of extra change.

Joe was a mechanic himself with all of the certifications and licenses. These days, he mostly managed and did the administrative work around the shop. He had two other certified mechanics working for him, plus two guys, who while not certified, were capable and skilled mechanics as well. In addition, he had a couple of younger men who were able to do a lot of the everyday maintenance types of work — oil changes, batteries, brake pads, filters as long as some of the more experienced fellows kept an eye on them. And the reputation that his Dad had built up and that he had maintained kept his shop busy enough for all of his employees to get their 40-hours a week plus.

Joe had finally sat down to eat some lunch while he checked his computer for the afternoon schedule when Susan called. He had expected that she might sound a little down, or maybe still upset with him, but she sounded, there was no other way to describe it: chipper.

"Hey Joe. I got your message, thank you, and thought I'd give you a quick call."

"Oh thanks, Susan. Did you see that I came by on Saturday? I took care of the lawn and a few other things and paid those bills that you'd left for me to find."

"That's great, Joe. Yeah, I saw that before I left the house for work this morning."

"Have a good weekend?" he asked.

"Oh yes! The weather was so nice — got in a little shopping and ran down to the beach for a while."

'Ah ha! 'Out with her sister, like I figured,' he thought but didn't say out loud.

"And you," Susan asked, "Did you have a good weekend?"

"Sure. Got together with a couple of the guys after work and went out for a few drinks. You know 'em. Donny and Phil?" he told her, hoping that if he told her who HE was with, she would confirm that she had been out with her sister as well.

What Susan was really thinking was: 'Donny and Phil because you couldn't get a classy guy like Ted to go out picking up women with you. 'Cause he was with me!'

"Ah, Susan, I was thinking that maybe I could come by tonight and we could go out to dinner at that new Mexican place you wanted to try?"

"Thanks Joe, but I really can't. I am so far behind. I need to catch up on some things that I didn't get around to this weekend, like the bills and I've still got a couple loads of cold water laundry to do. Let me have a rain check. Maybe we can go there next week some time. Call me Saturday or Sunday and we can check out our schedules then."

Joe was shocked at Susan's response. Honest to god, it sounded like she wasn't terrible anxious to see him at all! What the hell? But before he could formulate a reply, Susan was signing off the call.

"OK Joe, I've got to go. I have a busy week ahead of me and more to do than I can possibly get done! Let's talk this weekend sometime. Bye!" and she hung up.

"Jesus!" he said to himself, and not for the first time was wondering just what he had gotten himself into.

~~~ 16 ~~~

It was on Tuesday after work that Joe met up with Phil and Donny at one of the local sports bars for a couple beers.

"OK Joe," Donny started, "Give us the real low down — what happened with Betty and you Friday night?"

Joe groaned, "God, you wouldn't believe it! We were doing great all evening but when it came time to leave, she pointed at my wedding ring and told me she wouldn't do a married man. Imagine how stupid I was feeling about then: I forgot to take my ring off!" They all laughed.

"I'll know better next time, I guess. Live and learn. How about you Donny, you and that gal, what was her name? Jean?"

Donny broke into a big grin.

"I told you, she is great. She'll do anything and everything. I didn't get out of her place until after lunch on Saturday. We did everything, hell we did everything at least twice. The woman is insatiable.

"I was even thinking of you, Joe. I asked her if she had ever done two men at once and she told me she had, but not since she got married because her husband wouldn't even think of trying it. She told me she had really gotten off on it the couple of time she did it when she was young."

"So, you going to be seeing her again anytime soon?" Phil asked.

"Hell no. She told me that this was the last time because her husband was going to be home this week, and I guess the company he drives for is putting him through a training course to make him some sort of manager. He's going to supervise the other drivers and loaders and schedule the runs and that kind of shit. So from now on, he's going to be working locally and will be home all the time.

"She says that will make her happy, but it cuts me off. Not that it was any great loss. I always knew she was only screwing me because she didn't want to be alone all the time when hubby was away. But she was some mighty fine pussy!"

"Aren't they all!" added Phil and they all laughed.

"So, Phil? How did it go with that gal you left with? I never did catch her name," asked Joe.

"Francine, her name is Francine. Honestly, it didn't go anywhere. We went to her place and we made out for a while, but when I started suggesting that we should take it to the bedroom, she told me that she wouldn't have sex with her kids sleeping in the next room. She said it would be too confusing for them to find her with some other guy in her bed, plus, they tell her ex everything and she didn't want to make that situation any worse than it was already. I talked to her a little longer and she confessed that she was still having sex with her ex and kind of hoping to patch it up with him. She told me that separating from him was a big mistake, and then she started crying. I wished her good luck and told her that I hoped that they would get back together again, but that if it didn't work out, well, she is still an attractive woman who can find a lot of good men. Then I left."

"Well," Phil said, being somewhat philosophic, "at least Donny got some!"

They toasted to that.

~~~ 17 ~~~

The following Friday night found Joe out again with Phil and Donny, although they decided to try a different club — this one didn't have a live band but was supposed to have music and dancing as well.

Phil was grumbling, "Now I remember why I stopped coming here — a cover charge, overpriced drinks, and too many people with too few tables!"

Donny nodded in agreement, "Yeah. Plus look at the women. You either got the stuck-up college girls, or some really 'coyote ugly' old ladies. It hardly seems worth the time and effort to go after the young ones who you know will blow you off and hardly sporting to toss in your hook into the pond with those desperate old women."

Joe looked around and while he kind of agreed with Donny about the women, he had to admit he was feeling a little on the desperate side himself.

"Guys!," Phil piped up, "over here. I got a table that just opened up."

They had just gotten seated and arranged when a familiar face appeared.

Joe was struggling for her name, then he remembered: Sam (presumably for 'Samantha) the early-30's woman who Phil told him was a hooker. No, an 'escort.'

Sam was attractive, tall for a woman at around 5' 8", with blond hair and closer up, Joe could see that she had light blue eyes. He had been right the first time he saw her across the room, that she had boobs slightly on the large size for a women with her build. But it was her ass — a tight, shapely, upside-down heart shape that could make a grown man weep. She gave off an aura of being healthy and athletic.

"Hey Phil!" she said with a smile as she approached the table, "Anyone up for buying a lady a drink?"

"Hey yourself Sam. What's going on? What are you doing slumming with us?" he asked and both he and Sam laughed.

"Well, I guess my 'date' must have chickened out and is a no show. I hope you don't mind my joining you for a couple of minutes. I've got to get off my feet, these shoes are killing me!"

Phil had initially described Sam as a hooker, but she was really an escort who worked with an agency and didn't go around walking the streets or soliciting business at the clubs. One of the benefits of using the agency was that since she wasn't approaching men at the clubs, she was welcome there — men would buy her drinks, dinner and the like. But real hookers were considered a negative, bothering customers and giving the place a bad rep. The management was always on the lookout for those 'women of the night' and showed them the door.

But a 'no show' was quite a hit to her earnings on a Friday night.

"What would you like, Sam? Let me get it for you," Phil volunteered.

"By the way, you remember Donny? And this is Joe White another friend of ours. Anyone else need refreshed? No? OK." After making the introductions Phil walked away to the bar to get Sam her drink.

"Nice to see you again, Donny. And good to meet you Joe." She looked at him a little quizzically for a moment.

"Are you the Joe who spent the evening with Betty last week?" she asked.

"Guilty as charged. But how did you know?" he asked, wondering not just how but what she knew.

Sam laughed at his discomfort, "I'm sure that Phil told you what I do, but this is just my weekend job. I have a daytime job during the week too as a receptionist at the same company where Betty works in the accounting department. She may have mentioned you once or twice this week. She really liked you, but she said you are still married and that you have a lovely looking wife, a family, and you own your own business. She was impressed."

Joe had to smile at that. It was a little boost to his ego to know that Betty had been taken enough with him that she would mention it to another woman at work.

Phil returned with a drink and the four of them chatted about nothing and everything. No one said anything about the elephant in the room — Sam's 'work.' She sat with them for about 45 minutes before she stood up.

"Well, guys, it has been fun, but if I'm off for the evening, I should go fetch my kids from the babysitter's house and spend a little time with the rascals!"

She gave Donny a little peck on the side of his face, and then turned to Joe. She gave him a card.

"This is my cell number and it is NOT to use my services. But if you want to get a woman's opinion about your marriage, give me a call and we could get together for coffee. I've been through a lot of grief and maybe you could learn from MY mistakes!" She smiled again and gave Joe a peck on the side of his face as well.

"Night, night all!" and then she turned and, with Phil, began walking towards the exit. Donny and Joe saw how Sam looked at Phil as they were walking away, arm in arm. Of course she was smiling and laughing, but there was more. Joe thought that he could see a longing in her eyes.

They continued to watch as Sam was about to leave, when Phil caught her arm for a second to keep her there. He pulled out his wallet and started handing her bills. She was shaking her head at him and her lips seemed to be saying 'No, no.' But Phil pressed his case and she finally accepted his offering, then she put her hand around his head and pulled him down for a serious kiss before she left.

When Phil returned to their table, Donny looked at him.

"What was THAT about?" he asked with a grin, "I don't see you following her out."

Phil was somewhat heated in his reply, "Gimme a break, Donny! It's her birthday this weekend and I didn't want her to be short of cash just because some jerk cancelled on her. This way she can take the weekend off and still have money for the rent and groceries. You can be such an asshole sometimes!"

Donny held up his hands in surrender, "Phil, Phil — I was just giving you a load of shit. Nothing serious!"