Finding Meridian Ch. 22

Story Info
The Beginning of Families.
2.7k words
4.75
10.8k
4

Part 22 of the 25 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 07/06/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you MSNJ for reviewing and critiquing of the story! Thank you everyone for reading!

Meridian

Characters
Reardan O'Brien – Prime Alpha of UK, Werewolf.
Alice Grandy-Young island female whose parents were killed and uncle tried to rape. Uncle attacked Queen Trinity and was sentenced to death.
Hermes Trismegistus- Ancient Egypt spiritual leader whose name means 3 times great.
The Blue Priestess – Magical daughter to Hermes and her powers are yet to be shown.
Meridian – Lead singer of Genevieve's Revenge and One of the three Triadic Queens. Mate to Marcus and has telekinetic powers.
Marcus – Vampire leader that mated with Meridian
Trinity – Triplet sister to Meridian and Alex. Mated to Drake. Powers of hypnotic voice.
Drake – Vampire leader that mated with Trinity.
Alex – Triplet sister to Meridian and Alex. Now mated to Logan.
Logan – Vampire leader recently mated to Alex.
Zeus – Ancient Great Great (you get it)...Grandfather to Meridian, Trinity and Alex.

~~~~~~

Marcus woke up holding Meridian close to him as he looked over at their children. They looked like they had grown overnight. Their cheeks were chubbier as the nurse came in to feed them.

"Sir, would you like to feed them?"

Marcus hesitated as he looked at the tiny children. "They are still so tiny."

The nurse chuckled as she looked at a frustrated Marcus. "You won't break them. It'll be fine. I'll walk you through it." She picked up Marcus Jr. and walked over with him and the baby bottle. "Now hold him like this and hold the bottle like this. I have to warn you that we may have to experiment with baby food since the children are hybrids." She gently handed the tiny child over to his father.

Marcus stared in awe at their tiny cinnamon faced boy with a small bit of ebony hair with sapphire highlights. He watched in amazement as the tiny pink plump lips suckled the bottle. The child's eyes opened which caused Marcus to gasp at the large brilliant teal colored eyes surrounded by dark lashes. Any former hesitation or doubt about Meridian being his mate was all lost in that instant. He would move heaven and earth to keep them safe.

He kissed his tiny little boy on the nose, "I love you little Marcus."

The nurse smiled as she saw the awe and joy in his face. She showed him how to burp the baby and finally returned the exhausted infant to the incubator.

Marcus felt as if his heart would burst at the sheer love and joy he felt as he stared at his family. This was a day he had never imagined; he had a family. The nurse returned with Gweneal and he hesitated as she tried to hand her to Marcus. "Sir, it's OK, you can do this."

"Sorry," he said as he gently cradled the baby close. "She just looks so much different than her brother."

"Well the children are the first of their kind that we know of."

He stared in awe down at the perfect ivory colored porcelain face noticing it was drastically lighter than her brother's. A small amount of iridescent snow colored hair surrounded her face. The distinct difference to her brother shocked him. It was as if their little boy took after him and the little girl after Meridian. Teal eyes opened to his surprise as he began feeding her.

His mind began to wonder to the future and an intense sense of possessiveness came over him. "Your daddy is going to have to threaten any man that comes near you when you get older. I may have to build a moat around our estate to keep away all the men when you want to date. By the way your daddy isn't going to let that happen until you turn at least 30."

Marcus had not noticed that Meridian had awoken until she fell into a fit of laughter causing Marcus to turn his head and mockingly glare at her. "It looks like we have double trouble now. You know Marcus Jr. is going to be a handful too."

After feeding and burping the little girl the nurse took the baby over to Meridian and proceeded to retrieve Marcus Jr.

"They are both so beautiful." Meridian started to cry as Marcus put his arms around his mate and children.

"You have made me the happiest man in the world little one." Marcus kissed the top of her head as she settled snuggly against his chest.

Hours passed as if they were minutes until he looked down to notice both Meridian and child were fast asleep. Reardan knocked on the door and waited. Marcus slowly settled Meridian in bed and he worked with the nurse to settle the children in their incubators. He quietly exited the room.

"King Douglas and Blue have organized the mourning ceremony for those lost during the battle. It will be in the morning and celebration at night. I have taken the initiative to announce that due to her recently giving birth that Meridian would not be attending."

Marcus paced irritably. "I would have preferred you not sharing that she gave birth."

Reardan placed his hand on Marcus's shoulder for reassurance. "Do not worry. It spread like wildfire throughout the island as soon as it happened. I assure you that each group leader has assured me they would protect the Triad no matter what. Honestly, your family couldn't be safer. They also understand that if you do show it will be for a short time but understand if you do not attend. King Douglas has set up security around the clock for your family."

Drake and Logan walked up the stairs stopping to talk to Marcus.

"So when can we see your children? I never thought I would say that to you." Drake said snickering at Marcus.

"They are all sleeping and stop laughing. You too will be a father soon." He proceeded to give him a mock stern look.

"Please thank Douglas and Blue for all their assistance on this day. We all appreciate the security for our mates. I am concerned about Alice she was helping out before the battle. Please tell me we did not lose her." Marcus said sincerely to Reardan.

"I thought Blue would have told you. Alice was injured quite severely last night and will be under guard in my room." Reardan took a deep breath trying not to get angry over Alice's near death experience. "If it wasn't for Blue..."

The other men notice his inability to finish his comment even King Douglas overheard as he approached.

Douglas immediately stepped up and began to speak. "Reardan, everyone knows about Alice and your protective nature towards her but also of her being injured. No one would take you leaving the celebration as weakness. That goes for everyone. I have made it clear that if anyone who cannot attend for any reason will not be looked down upon. It was a horrible battle and many mourned the death of loved ones and those close to them. I refuse to make this mandatory."

No one noticed Trinity had just walked around the corner and had heard the entire conversation. "So you take such an important celebration and YOU decide it's not mandatory?! You didn't even consult with me or my sisters!" Trinity scowled at him as his eyes widened.

"I...I figured you were on bed rest and the last thing you needed was the stress of handling all of this. I...I didn't mean to ignore your authority Trinity...I just." Douglas finally became at a loss for words.

Trinity finally broke out laughing. "I'm just teasing you."

The laughing men patted Douglas on the back. Douglas smiled at her, "Bitch!"

"Asshole," Trinity shouted out while laughing.

Douglas grabbed her into a hug. "Wow, I can't even pull you that close. Damn, did you eat a beach ball last night?"

"I ate dinner and then had some ice cream that was it." Trinity looked at the men while pouting.

Drake proceeded to blurt out, "You ate an industrial tub of rocky road ice cream!"

Trinity began to laugh again, "Stop making me laugh! I'm pregnant I might pee!"

"You started it. You don't want to be known as Queen Pee do you?" Douglas quipped back at her.

"No, don't you dare Douglas!" She said as she waved a finger at him.

All of a sudden water hit the floor near her feet. Trinity's hand clamped over her mouth as she looked down to see the water.

"Trinity, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have made you laugh if you were going to lose it!" Douglas said as him and the other men laughed.

The men soon noticed she wasn't lifting her head and they thought they saw tear falling as she stared in shock down at the floor. Douglas immediately started apologizing. "Trinity it's OK. You're pregnant and these things happen. Please don't cry."

She raised her head and stared at them in terror and distress. Drake immediately moved towards her as he began to speak. "Trinity, please don't cry. It's ok and not a big deal. I promise no one will make fun of you. Please don't cry you know I can't handle you crying."

Trinity's hands went to her stomach as she stared at them in terror. "Umm, my water just broke. I'm in labor. I've changed my mind. I don't want to do this now."

Douglas immediately started to panic, "Drake, why don't you get her into bed. Logan, go boil some water and Marcus can you go find newspapers. I will go gather fire wood." The other men just stared at him as if he had sprouted horns.

"Excuse me, I may only be the lady giving birth here but can I point out something. Douglas when have you ever been an obstetrician? And are we out in a shack in the woods without a doctor? And why the hell would you need to gather firewood? Are you making a bassinet for the baby while I give birth?" Douglas stared in shock as the other men started laughing along with Trinity.

Drake finally looked at Douglas, "It is ok sweetheart, let's get you to bed and Douglas will go get the doctor."

"Oh, I guess that does make more sense." Douglas said as he ran down the stairs to find the doctor.

Drake gently picked up Trinity when he noticed her head lull back and she began to shake. "Everything is so blurry and my head hurts."

"Trinity, come on sweetie stay with me." Drake became more concerned when he noticed she was unconscious. "Wake up sweetheart."

Logan pulled the covers down as Drake gently laid her on the bed and sat on the side of the bed holding her hand, "Where the hell is the doctor?!"

"I'm here. Now tell me what happened?"

Reardan proceeded to explain what had happened and worked with the doctor as the room became filled with nurses to assist in the birth.

"Check her blood sugar. She's been eating a lot of sweets." Reardan commented.

Drake felt completely helpless as he had to move away from Trinity as she was being surrounded by medical personnel. Both Marcus and Logan noticed the look of despair on his face.

Marcus put his arm over Drake's shoulder, "They are going to be fine. Do you want us to stay?"

Reardan had a look of sympathy on his face as he looked over at Drake. The other doctor and medical personnel began lifting Trinity onto a gurney. "A room was set up next door in case there were complications. We have to do a C-section on Trinity."

Marcus and Logan watched as Drake continually paced outside the door of the bedroom that had been converted into a birthing room.

"You're making both of us dizzy." Marcus declared.

"It's been hours...what if I lose them?" Quickly his fear turned to rage. Marcus and Logan caught Drake as his rage ensued just stopping him before he punched a hole in the wall.

Drake turned when he heard the door open and Reardan walked out. "Why don't we go sit down in a private room so I can explain what happened?"

"I WANT TO SEE MY MATE NOW!" Marcus and Logan quickly grabbed Drake before he made it through the room Trinity was in.

"Drake she is alive and still out. There are things we need to discuss before you go in."

Reluctantly Drake went into a side room with Reardan and they sat down. Drake felt like he was waiting to breathe to hear the news.

"I won't lie to you, she had a rough C-section. Assuming there are no complications over the next 24 hours your family should pull through with no problem."

Drake felt completely numb at the thought of losing everything.

"The odds are good they are strong. We do have a bit of a surprise for you though. You understand that a birth of this kind is unprecedented. There are things we do not know. Ultrasounds are not perfect with hybrids." Reardan watched as Drake put his head in his hands showing his exhaustion. "Drake it's a good thing. You are the father of twins, a boy and a girl. We do have to wait 24 hours to assure there are no complications but I feel confident they will all be fine."

"Can I see her now?"

"The nurses should be done cleaning up your family let me take you in. Trinity still may be out but that's not unusual. I also had a second bed put in the room. Unfortunately there is too much monitoring equipment for you to sleep in the bed with her but at least you get to stay with her."

"Reardan, I owe you and the doctor. Thank you for taking care of my family." Drake shook his hand and hurried to enter the room Trinity was in. He didn't notice Reardan had followed him in.

Drake's heart sank as he saw Trinity pale as she looked so tiny and frail hooked up to all the medical equipment. He looked over and saw the two extremely tiny babies in incubators. He immediately fell to his knees with his with his head in his hands.

He felt Reardan place a hand on his shoulder. "Drake it looks worse than it is. I'm confident Trinity just needs rest to recover. The babies are strong. Their heart is strong and lungs are fully formed. I know you want to give them blood but we need to wait. We are unsure how it will affect the children and we want to give Trinity the choice to breast feed if she decides to. I promise if things become dire at any time we will have you give them blood. The two of you have come this far that I am confident your family will be fine."

Reardan left the room as nurse constantly checked on Trinity and the babies. Finally exhaustion pulled him into sleep.

~~~~~~

Drake woke to feel a hand holding his.

He looked over to see Trinity smiling at him. In a raspy voice she spoke, "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Sweetie you can wake me at any time. Let me get you some ice cubes." The nurse heard him and handed him the cup.

Drake stood up and kissed Trinity on the forehead. "I love all of you so much." He turned as he heard the door open.

Reardan walked over checking Trinity's health. Drake didn't realize he was holding his breath as Reardan went over and examined the children. It scared Drake to go see the children if he was going to be told they wouldn't make it.

"You can breathe now Drake. Mommy and babies are going to be just fine. Trinity, you will have some more time on bed rest and you both relax. We are going to keep the babies in the incubators one more day just as a precaution. Congratulations!"

Trinity began to cry as Drake gently held her close avoiding all the tubes and monitoring equipment. "Shhh, it's all going to be fine my angel. You have made me so proud and happy. I will always take care of and protect my family." Drake lightly held her until she fell back asleep.

Thank you for reading only a few more chapters to go and I promise they will come much quicker! Don't forget to vote. Thank you for staying with me only a few more chapters left.