First Day in the Caribbean 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ennis Piceo
Ennis Piceo
105 Followers

Lucy rolled her eyes and started to speak, but Troy interrupted. "Sorry I'm late. I was, uh, delayed." And he whipped out a bouquet of daisies he had been holding behind his back. "I guess these are for you."

Before Lucy could react, Octavia showed up with a vase. "I put two and two together when I saw his behind—I mean when I saw him from behind." She plunked the vase on the table and Lucy, a pleased expression on her face, arranged the flowers in it.

"Well, you gonna sit down, or stand there all night?" Lucy asked Troy, who jumped and sat down, looking a little bashful.

Octavia took their orders.

"So how did you meet Rick?" Lucy asked.

Troy looked at Rick, who looked back expressionlessly, then took a deep breath. "Well, I was a teenage miscreant and Rick set me straight. You could say he changed my life. For the better. I showed up today to think him."

Lucy looked at him with interest. "Somehow I think you're leaving out some detail."

"Um. yes. I'm not like that any more, and it embarrasses me to talk about it much."

"Okay. If you ever change your mind, I'll listen. So what's the coast guard like?"

Here Troy waxed almost eloquent, describing boot camp adventures and misadventures, often humorously, with Rick nodding in agreement to a lot of it, but not mentioning his own training. He went on to describe his studies in marine science, rescue, and other things the coast guard did.

Their food came and everyone dug in. Troy kept talking. He clearly liked the coast guard and enjoyed his responsibilities. The assorted hardships were all part of the adventure.

Lucy was impressed. "So you're like a lifeguard, scientist, and soldier all in one!"

"Well, I guess. Mostly rescue and science. Some drug enforcement. Not too much soldiering."

"Rescue any beautiful maidens?" she batted her eyelashes at him.

Rick and Karen both rolled their eyes inwardly. "Don't blow this, fellah," Karen thought to herself.

"No, but I did get up the nerve to ask one out to dinner, though," he paused. "Best dinner I ever had." He smiled at her.

Rick and Karen squeezed each other's hands. "He didn't blow it," she thought.

"Well, you certainly rescued me from a dull, boring, evening, that's for sure. Okay if I eat some of your dessert?"

Troy was confused for a second. "Uh sure. Um, what's good here?"

"I recommend the french silk chocolate pie." She looked up and Troy followed her gaze.

There was Octavia, smirk on face, tablet in hand. "Coffee?"

So they all had dessert, a piece of french silk chocolate pie for each couple.

"I've done all the talking tonight. What about you? What's your background?" Troy asked Lucy.

She popped the last bite of pie into her mouth. "Well," she said around the pie, "I ghraduateth from the thrade school and walked aroun' t'playshes until someone hired me, and here I am!"

"Somehow I think you left out a few details," smirked Troy.

She smacked her lips. "Well, local girl from the tough side of town, interested in mechanical stuff. Decent grades. Learned judo. Only used it once in self defense. Actual adult guys are pretty smart, and when they see I'm not interested, they're pretty good about leaving me alone."

Rick chimed in. "This tough-looking chick walked in one day with some photos of her handiwork, mostly woodworking and carpentry projects and some lighting setups. Then she walked around critiquing a couple bad welding jobs that we were fixing, and spouted a lot of trade terminology. Anthony hired her on the spot."

"Partly because Rick threatened to quit if he didn't hire me," added Lucy.

"I know talent when I see it." Rick harrumpfed.

"I think we never met because I'm a couple years older than you," remarked Troy. "I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, too."

"Must be, because I don't recognize you. Probably a good thing."

Octavia brought the check and both Troy and Rick made a dive for it. Troy won, so Rick said he'd do the tip. They walked into the evening and said their goodbyes, Rick and Karen to Rick's apartment. "Uh, can I walk you home?" ventured Troy.

"Thought you'd never ask."

Ennis Piceo
Ennis Piceo
105 Followers
12