Flapper Dick Ch. 03

Story Info
Men, Women, and a bad investigation.
17.4k words
5
5.6k
4
0

Part 3 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

In the sort of fast course of this there will be rapes spoken of. Except they are not called that, it is forced, at this time in the laws being raped is not an offense in the regular sense. Rape cases were about a man beating up a woman, forcing himself on her meant more time in prison, and not that much.

**

Big groan at the alarm, we are up early. Fred groans too, this is early for us, I think something like three hours. Still we are up and I am pulled into the shower. I do mean that literally, I wasn't awake enough to realize anything then it is raining, not precisely warm to start. Quite awake now I am swatting at Fred.

He is chuckling but does let me swat at him, mostly because he is cleaning me off and that is feeling rather good. Would even bend over or climb up him again, did yesterday, except he is just getting me clean and the shower is shutting off. Groan because I didn't get to clean him off which is a good portion of the fun in showering together.

Then we are drying each other off, I do this part at least. After brushing my hair I am sent off to the kitchen to make breakfast. Just stare at what there is for breakfast for a moment then pull out stuff and get to work on making hash browns. I am doing the grated version since the diced takes a while and I did get a summons to jury duty, which means fast make or go hungry.

Fred comes and helps with cooking up breakfast. I give him the easy thing to do, stirring the hash browns. I am making scrambled eggs and then bacon. In no time we get it all on two plates and are sitting down, so this is nice. Course there is one thing, no two things.

"Fred there is no paper, and then I'd like to expand the cooking so we have something before work." Fred sighs and hops up to go out the front door, comes back fast with the paper and drops it on the chair next to his.

"Read on the drive to courthouse, and likely there too. Remember we did ask on it, being a licensed dick means you can take a pistol into courthouse, then hand it over to security. I would stay there but no telling if you even get called into a courtroom. Lot of those summoned to jury duty sit in the waiting room all day. Until four rather, so you will take the train back, or get a taxi, they are sitting in front of courthouse often." I am nodding since that works, though there is one thing.

"What about the more cooking?" Fred starts and looks up for a moment.

"So less breakfast and then a second meal before going?"

"Yes, I mean we stop at a diner on the way some too, but better to be eating more than once a day."

"This isn't you saying you are in the family way without saying that is it?" Shake my head.

"I will only know that once I get to no monthlies and then morning sickness. I am thinking of more meals because we do stop at a diner and I am hungry sometimes while being a waitress."

"Could we do a meal when we get home after?" Frown for a moment and then nod since we could, though wouldn't be all that great.

"Could yes, but then wouldn't be a good meal unless I make breakfast then."

"So we would come home, have breakfast, go to bed and get up to lunch?" I am nodding since basically.

"Yes, I can do that, breakfast is easy to make and fast. Dinner takes seasoning and usually that requires sitting since it is covered in juices and spices."

"Could stop at a diner after, be sitting down for a little snack with those getting up."

"Could yes, but then is a drain on our income." Fred rolls his eyes.

"We will get another caper eventually. The bulls know about us, the outfit always comes to us. We got plenty sitting in the box still."

"I am sorry about taking that long to add in a shower upstairs." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"Not your fault and we did need to have one." Nod since true, and then there is one other thing.

"Also I think if not in the family way this time next year, we see about boarders. If we get musicians or bartenders they will get up and leave at the same time."

"You just want more fellas to enjoy in the house, we should go after the speakeasy waitresses." Groan and kick Fred for being that way.

"You just want more skirts to get above." Fred is grinning now so kick again.

"Come on, need to get going now. Perhaps are going to be late and that isn't a good idea when summoned to jury duty."

Groan and we are rushing to get dressed and then out to the jalopy. I got the paper and then the dick magazine, it is rather fun to read those, and then does give good tips. I think Fred enjoys those to, likely the reason he became a bull in the first place. Course during the drive I am reading the paper, it is on the increase in accidents on the roads.

Article is talking about how it is perhaps the skirts because they all seem to have a radio in their jalopy. Which perhaps is true, not one in this car because Fred saw accidents during the war that happened due to talking. There is even mention of the dangers of the driver adjusting the dial while driving.

"Fred are you going to teach me how to drive?" Fred sighs and glances at me.

"I noticed the article talking about accidents, is the question because of that?"

"No, it is a big danger, taking your eyes off the road is a bad idea unless you are not moving. I am asking because it occurred to me, we can't afford another jalopy and me driving means we need one." Fred is quiet for a while, then speaks up finally when we are pulling up at the courthouse.

"That is a good point, I'd rather not have to walk home, or to work, if you are off on a case without me."

"Not that bad, train stop half a mile from work, course it is five miles from the house too." Fred nods as we are going inside the courthouse, lot of steps up.

"Would you be mad if I don't teach you how until we can get a jalopy for you?" Shake my head and grin.

"I want a breezer." Fred sighs, the security guard we are walking up to is chuckling.

"I am hoping by the time my daughter is old enough to use a car she is not a flapper." I poke the security fella.

"I am reporting for jury duty, and then I am a licensed dick and I have a pistol. We asked when we came to register to vote so I'm doing what they said, I think."

"You are except no license to look at." Groan and pull that out, also leave jacket aside so he can see my pistol.

"Alright, this is all in order and you have it secured. Hopefully safety is on. Jury waiting room is straight ahead and second left hallway takes you to it, there are signs so just follow the signs. Guard in jury room, show him the license and he will collect pistol if you are called in. If there is an attack on courthouse he will collect you to help secure." I am nodding and sigh since I don't want to shoot someone again.

Fred gives me a kiss then sends me off to find the waiting room. I am rather glad to be wearing a silk suit and shirt because it is a little bit warm in here. Pass a number of fellas and they are all looking me up and down, most smile but they also watch me walk along. I don't understand why, I got a jury duty summons just like a fella.

I swear it is not until I get in the jury waiting room that I understand why the watching. It is all fellas in here. The security guard groans and comes over to me.

"Did you get lost?" Shake my head and pull out the license.

"I got a jury duty summons yesterday and it detailed I come in today. I am also a licensed dick so I have a pistol." He looks it over then snorts.

"I see what they are doing, call in a skirt dick and see if she can handle jury duty." I don't get that for a moment, then sigh when it comes to me.

"So skirts are not asked to sit on jury here?" He shakes his head.

"Suppose someone is doing a test to figure out if we should allow. Probably a quiet attempt to pull the skirt vote. I'd say find a seat but take mine, I'll find a place or sit on the floor when I need to."

I'd ask why but do follow the thinking, am a skirt in a room full of fellas. All are looking at me too, I'd be nervous to go sit amongst all those fellas. Do hand the guard the magazine, I want to read the paper first so he grins and stands next to me. Most of the fellas groan because I came with a newspaper too, probably didn't read it yet.

Sit down and read the paper, and then hand off the sections as I finish those. Those go around the room so it is a little funny, one newspaper for the whole room. Finished the paper and pondering diving into the magazine when another guard comes in and is collecting jurors. This is different than I figured, the fella has a listing that he is reading aloud names from.

Collects the twenty fellas and they all leave, so I do dive into the magazine. Course one thing does occur to me, so turn to the guard who is sitting on the floor at the moment.

"I can trade on the chair if you want."

"Nope, am a gentleman when it comes to the skirts, thanks for offering though." Nod and smile because he seems like a fine fella.

"There is one thing, if I am a test to see if skirts can sit on the jury, why not call me in to all of the cases?"

"Good question, and I wouldn't know. Course I'm not one of them lawyers either, perhaps you are here because of the mayor's office, and then the judges don't want you to sit on a jury so you will sit here. Honestly that is the best way to do jury summons anyway, I've been summoned and then I don't just sit in here every day either."

"Yeah, I'm thinking I should have brought a book, or three." Plenty of the fellas snort.

"No kidding, my second summons and I left my book on the train." Plenty of groans on that.

"You guys are missing the point, if the state decides to allow skirts we would get less summons since those who can be summoned doubles." Everybody is nodding, and honestly I see the thinking.

"True, but keep in mind it takes more than some forty fellas and a skirt saying allow skirts to do jury duty to get it." Plenty of nodding.

"Perhaps we should write letters to the mayor."

"Governor you mean, whole state has to allow it." Plenty of nodding, that is true it does take the state government to do it.

"There is one thing, it won't get anything unless she gets called to a courtroom." Plenty of groans.

"On that less than cheery note, I can read these thrilling perhaps sort of true dick tales aloud." Whole room is nodding, even the guard and he read it already I think.

So I read the first story in the magazine, this is a good one. Seems to go on for a while but I can't look ahead. Sadly when I am perhaps halfway through the story, a new guard comes in and is calling out names, mine is one of them. When I stand up the whole room cheers getting the new guard to look around then notices me.

Course he read my name, and that is my full legal name. I wasn't named Betty, I was born to Elizabeth and Betty was picked for me by my friends before I went to school. Stop at the new guard cause the one in here already comes over and pulls my pistol out, this is handed to the new guard. He has big eyebrows then grins when I tell him to not lose my pistol.

The nineteen fellas and one skirt follow this new guard for a courtroom. This one is on the second floor so up the quite nice staircase. Takes a lot of walking to get to the courtroom so I am commenting on not knowing we need a courthouse this big. All of the fellas are chuckling on that as we go into the courtroom.

Get ushered over to the pews and sit down then the guard goes past the gate to stand by the judge. Also talks to the judge who looks over all of us prospective jurors until he finds me and just stares. After a moment I'm pretty sure he rolls his eyes then bangs on the gavel.

"Irregular and there is no law on it, but bring up the woman juror."

Guard calls out my name so I get up and go through the swinging gate. Get directed to sit in a chair set up next to the judge, with a sort of fence around it. Little confused on being over here since there is a twelve seat section. Still I sit down and then there is a new fella, in a rather nice suit, all gray with a vest even.

"I think before anything else, why not tell us what you do." Nod since alright, though there is one thing.

"Do you want all of the things I do in the way of employment?"

"If you would be so kind."

"I am one of the singing waitresses, except we are all called singing waitress. I don't quite follow on why though it is sort of funny. I am also a tailor who makes better fitting jackets for the bulls and made men. Mostly because I enjoy doing that and they are nice enough to only ask once or twice a week. Last I am a licensed dick, though being a flapper I like to say I am a flapper dick since it is funny." Whole courtroom is chuckling.

"Quite an impressive listing. Do have a question for you, and please don't try and talk your way out of sitting on the jury. The accused is in here because three days ago it is believed that he beat up a woman. Do you have a problem with hearing about all of that?" Shake my head, then open my mouth since he wants me to say it.

"I don't really mind hearing about that, and do if you follow. Most of the time when a fella beats on a skirt he also forces nookie on her. I enjoy nookie and will hand it out often so long as the fella is sweet on the asking. Beating on a skirt with forcing should have tougher penalties, I sat where the guard sits in the waiting room since it was full of fellas and I was nervous about going among them."

"Did you have any reason to feel threatened?" Shake my head.

"They all seemed like nice enough fellas being bored because they had to come in for jury duty. Just I was feeling threatened because I have heard stories of skirts being forced to give out nookie. The more fellas the easier they would have in forcing, even if they don't want to being proper catholics and so forth."

"I think what he is meaning to be asking is if you think that a fella can be accused of beating up a skirt falsely, as in the fella sitting over there didn't actually do what is accused of." Look where the judge points and the fella gasps looking at me, I gasp too since I have given him nookie before.

"Oh my, I perhaps better not be on this jury, I know that fella, not seen for two years or so now but I have given him nookie a few times." The fella in the nice suit is gawking at me, so is the other fella in a suit.

"If I may question the prospective juror?" The other fella says and the judge is saying that he can so the fella walks closer to me. "So you know my client?"

"As well as I can with seeing him in speakeasies and giving him nookie yes. I will mention that he seemed a quite decent sort, but then that was two years ago."

"Do you perhaps know why you stopped seeing him around?"

"As I recall he liked to talk about flying, sort of came across as a flyboy but then I never did see his plane, and then not heard tell of him doing a show neither."

"I had to get it repaired and upgraded to fit with new standards." The accused yells getting me to giggle.

"You took your time on that, almost a full on year."

"It's expensive to do the upgrade, only slightly less than buying a whole new plane." We are yelling across to each other, though not quite yelling either, then there is banging.

"I'm excusing this juror on account of makes a better character witness than juror." Has me giggling though there is one thing.

"Am I done or going back to the waiting room?"

"Waiting room, there are four more cases being started today." I nod and move to get up, except the second fella in a suit is waving his hands.

"Hang on there, if she is a private investigator and knows my client, I would like to hire her to get a better investigation of the case." Banging again so I am looking up and over at the judge.

"Approach I want to hear on this motion." The two fellas in suits walk up to where the judge is sitting.

"Lay it out, why do you want a better investigation?"

"The entire case is pictures of the woman being bruised consistent with a fight and then her pointing my client out in a lineup."

"No other witnesses?" First fella in a suit is shaking his head.

"I only brought this to court so fast because it was a good beating on her, and she does point to his client. I have no issue with hiring her to look into this case better."

"So you will share the address of the victim?"

"Absolutely your honor, she is not in court today owing to the time of jury selection start, would perhaps get to opening arguments today. I would even assign an officer to help her in investigating if there were any in the building."

"Postpone for a day sitting alright with you two?" Both nod to that, though I would like to mention one thing.

"I perhaps will need two days. It depends greatly on where she was attacked and where her apartment is. Not to mention if she can remember the attack." All three fellas are nodding, then the judge shakes his head.

"Postpone to this time tomorrow. As he said it won't go past opening arguments if that far so you would have two days, or perhaps even three to investigate. I also will mention that he is facing time in prison. Not as much as a murderer but it is still not a light punishment."

"Alright, give me the details and my pistol."

I get handed my pistol first, so that goes in the holster then I get handed a paper. It has a name and address on it and then a location, she was found there and knocked out. I even get a bull name, the fella that investigated, which is fast but then if she pointed at the accused it sort of is enough. I also go back down to the first floor with the rest of the prospective jurors.

Not that I need to go back to the waiting room. Since I am now commissioned to investigate a crime I am excused from duty. Debate getting my magazine back all the way down the stairs, mostly with the rest of the fellas. They want to keep it, and I want it back since I haven't read and that first story was good.

Finally I decide on leaving there, I can simply buy another magazine. Go outside and find there are taxis sitting out here so hop down the steps and yell out taxi, first one the fella is laughing, he is not being looked at by anyone. Also gets out of his taxi and goes around to open the back door for me to get in, I giggle as I get in, quite nice of him though not needed.

"I am able to open a door on my own." He is chuckling and turns around to look at me.

"I would hope so and this close I gotta ask, is that silk?"

"Yeah, can buy a roll of silk for four aces at a high end store. If you do take it to a tailor and have him or her make a suit for you. I find they make for very nice shirts if nothing else."

"Bit high on the price, still I will keep that in mind, and I know which store you mean. So where to and then why were you in the courthouse?"

"I was summoned for jury duty, far as the guard in the waiting room can figure is the mayor said get a skirt in to sit for jury. I am also a dick so probably that is why I went in. What they did not expect is I get a case out of going in for jury duty. I know the accused so was getting excused from the case, then the second lawyer I think they are called, asked if I could investigate the case."

"Not something you expect, and then what is the case?"

"A skirt was beat down and forced, which is not the offense, the beating is. I am so not happy with that and it is happening more according to the newspaper yesterday. The case is literally she was beat on, and then she said it was the accused."

"That is the whole case?" I am nodding.

"Even the judge was shocked on that part. So I got until tomorrow before case is in court again, though judge said two or three days to get more information."

"No jalopy for you?" Shake my head.

"I haven't learned how to drive yet, and then we can't afford a jalopy for me so no real reason to learn yet." He is nodding and snorts.

emap
emap
237 Followers