Flesh For Satan

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marie came to her rescue, emerging from the crowd and plucking Cassie by the hand. She was wearing a black formal dress that Cassie had never seen before, much too tight around the bust.

"There is someone here you've GOT to meet," Marie said, dragging Cassie off before she could say a word. Cassie looked over her shoulder and caught a glimpse of her mother waving before the crowd closed and separated them.

At one of the many long banquet tables brimming with wine glasses and bottles in buckets of ice, Cassie saw Steve (wearing a dove-colored suit she recognized as belonging to his father) and another man she didn't know who wore white from head to toe, along with a red bowtie and a small, dark mustache. Marie practically yanked Cassie off her feet bringing her to him.

"Meet Uncle Max," she said.

Cassie blinked. "From Hollywood?"

She regretted it immediately; it seemed a stupid thing to say. But Uncle Max nodded three times in reply.

"Yes indeed, and there's no need to ask who you are. Steve boy, you didn't tell me she was such a peach."

"Uncle Max, meet Cassie," Steve said. His usually unruly hair was slicked back with some kind of treatment. He looked incredibly handsome, even if the suit didn't quite fit. The Lodge House had a long bank of windows that were utterly black on a winter night, and he looked like a bright Christmas angel standing in front of them. Cassie's heart did little leaps.

Uncle Max handed her a glass of wine and she tried to shy away from it. "I'm underage," she said.

"I won't tell if you won't." He winked. "This is going to be a big night for you, so drink up."

"Everyone's been excited for you to come," Marie added.

"It seems a lot of people have had their eye on you for a long time," Max said.

Steve put an arm around her shoulder in a protective way. "Cassie knows all about that," he said. "We talked it over just last night. Right, babe?"

"Right. Yes, definitely. I've been looking forward to it."

In fact she had no idea what anyone was talking about, but she didn't want to reveal her ignorance. She took a long drink of wine for an excuse to break eye contact, and found the taste bitter. It was hot in here with so many people, and too many eyes were on her. She'd expected attention, but this didn't feel right.

Before anyone could say more they were approached by Monica Selwyn, the town's matronly woman pastor. "Why Max, you old devil, you didn't tell me you'd be in town for this," she said.

"I wouldn't miss it when there's a nice young woman to be taken into the communion," said Max.

The pastor turned to Cassie. "We're all just thrilled to see you here," she said. "I'm supposed to have a little talk with you, woman to woman, about the way things are done here. Can I can steal you away from your friends while everyone else gets ready?"

Cassie paused just long enough to give Steve a kiss on the cheek. The next thing she knew she was in a little office Pastor Selwyn led her to, with big leather chairs and tables of dark wood and shelves full of oversized books, the titles of which Cassie couldn't decipher.

It felt cold and important, and the room was lit only by candles. "How would you like a little more wine?" the pastor said, indicating a bottle on the desk. "It's fine; nobody's going to get you in trouble."

"It's really not appropriate..." Cassie said, but her glass ended up refilled anyway. She was becoming gradually used to the taste, finding it mellow and fruity, although she didn't like the bubbly, lightheaded feeling it gave her. "Is this your office?"

"Only for Lodge business. I'm what they call the Grotto Master around here. I know it's a silly title, but you remember our town founders started these traditions a long time ago, so they're bound to be a little bit silly. Traditions and secrets, those are what bring us together and keep us together."

She smiled.

"I guess you're probably feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the attention?"

"A little," Cassie admitted. "Everyone is being nice. But they're a little more...enthused than I expected."

"Well, we've all had our eye on you for a long time."

There was that phrase again. Cassie gulped down a mouthful of wine so that she wouldn't have to respond. Then she nearly spat it all out again when the pastor said: "After all, you've become a beautiful young woman. With a very beautiful body."

It was a few seconds before Cassie stopped choking. A few drops of wine spilled onto the arm of the chair and, automatically, she produced a handkerchief and began blotting them out.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I was just surprised because I thought you said—well, I misheard what you said."

Pastor Selwyn didn't blink. "You heard me right. Don't tell me it surprises you? Modesty in an attractive young woman is very overrated. Anyway, it's just us girls here."

Cassie's mouth went dry. "That's...not at all appropriate."

Again it seemed a foolish thing to say, but what else COULD she even say? Pastor Selwyn was looking at her in a way that she never had before. In a way no woman had ever looked at Cassie before, for that matter. It made her feel ashamed.

"I don't see why you think so," said Pastor Selwyn. "You're long since passed the age where these things should be on your mind. Oh, but your friends do tell me you're quite behind in such matters. You're not really planning on finishing high school still a virgin, are you?"

Cassie let the wine fly before she knew what she was doing. Her aim was short, and all she did was lightly sprinkle the cuffs of the pastor's pants. The rest splattered the carpet. Pastor Selwyn clucked her tongue and stood.

"We're all human animals, Cassie. It's normal for us to look at each other's bodies as sexual things. Don't you feel that way about Steve? Or is it someone else you're interested in? Your friend Marie, maybe? Or even me? I know I'm older than you, but I haven't really let myself go yet. What do you think?"

Cassie's eyes went wide as the pastor actually began unbuttoning her blouse. She stood and rounded on her heel. "I'm leaving. I'm finding my mother and I'm leaving."

"Go ahead, if that's what you want," said Pastor Selwyn, in the same patronizing tone you'd use for a child. "She'll be down in the basement, with the others. The stairs are passed the beaded curtain on the other side of the hall. You just go right ahead, if that's how you feel about it."

Cassie's eyes were blurry with tears as she stomped down the hall and shoved through the curtain. Was this some kind of sick joke, or was Pastor Selwyn really a pervert? Did she try to do this to all the girls who joined? Did she do it to Marie? You heard about this kind of thing on the news, but you didn't ever really expect it.

What was she going to do? Cassie was afraid of not being believed if she said anything, but she couldn't just keep her mouth shut. No, she had to tell someone. She'd march right up to Mom and tell her what happened, even in front of the whole town.

The basement steps were dark and narrow, but they opened into a big space with a concrete floor. Cassie pushed another curtain aside and ran through, blurting out "Mom, I—!"

But then she stopped short, and gasped.

Hundreds of candles lit the basement, spilling pools of strange wax. Everyone turned to look at her at the same time, their faces peering from under the hoods of their cloaks. They had all gathered around a circle drawn on the floor, in the center of which was a golden statue of—well, exactly what it was Cassie couldn't say. But it was strange and awful, and it had wings and horns. There was a certain energy in the air, as if they'd all just been in the middle of something and stopped when she arrived.

No one said anything. Cassie stood with her mouth open, unable to speak. Eventually she managed, "I'm sorry. I'm...in the wrong place."

"You're precisely where you should be," said Pastor Selwyn, appearing on the stairs behind her. Cassie was so stunned by what was in front of her that she actually didn't object when the pastor put hands on her shoulders and guided her toward the middle of the room. The sea of hooded figures parted. Now that she was closer, she saw that many of them, men and women, were naked underneath their cloaks.

She was brought to the edge of the circle, where the golden idol stared down at her. "There's no need to be afraid," said Pastor Selwyn. "Everyone who loves you is here. You wanted to speak with your mother? Here she is."

Cassie's mother stepped into the circle and lowered her hood. She smiled, but it didn't look entirely real. "Mom, what's going on?" Cassie said.

"Oh, my baby," said Mom. "It's time to grow up."

"I don't understand. How could you be involved with...I don't even know what it is, but something like this?"

The Lodge members laughed. Cassie's mother took both of her hands.

"When your father died and we came here, the grief was so bad I thought I'd lose my mind. Sometimes I even thought about suicide. These people brought me in when I needed it the most. They showed me a better way. His way."

She pointed at the idol.

Cassie looked around the circle, recognizing the faces of her neighbors, teachers, and classmates. One of them was Marie.

"Come on, don't be afraid," Marie said. "I told you, it's fun once you try it. Just relax."

Someone else came into the circle with her. It was Steve, of course. He took her by the hand and she lacked the will to push him away, even though his touch here made her skin crawl.

"So it's everyone?" Cassie said. "The whole town? All this time?"

"Didn't you ever suspect? Honestly, you're such a kid," said Marie.

"It's the way the world is," said Uncle Max, from the crowd.

"I don't believe you," Cassie said. "I'm going to call the police."

"And what will you tell me when you call?" said Sheriff Lucy. Everyone laughed again. Mom hugged Cassie almost too tightly.

"I know it seems scary. I felt the same way my first time. You trust me, don't you?"

Cassie hesitated. "I do. But I'm confused. What do you even want me to do?"

"That part is easy," said Pastor Selwyn. "You've worked so hard to be a good girl and wait, but you don't have to wait any longer. It's time to use your body the way it was intended. Here, in His presence. You're lucky that Steve was initiated before you, and can be with you for this now."

Cassie squirmed. "You mean you want me to...I mean, here, with everyone watching? I've never even—Hey, wait a minute!"

A penny had finally dropped. She turned on Steve.

"Who did YOU do it with?"

He tried to disguise the look he shot Marie, but it told Cassie all she needed to know.

"You—you—! How could you?"

"Oh grow up," said Marie.

"It didn't mean anything," said Steve, his voice bland.

"You'll understand, once you're one of us," said Marie. "These things don't matter as much as you think they do. We can even do it all together, if you want."

Marie pushed herself at Cassie in a way that made Cassie back away. Her friends' faces were dark and empty.

"What did they do to you?" she said.

"They opened my eyes," said Marie.

"I'm going to be sick."

"Don't be a drama queen."

"No, really, I feel sick. I'm dizzy. Mom, help me!"

She almost fell, but her mother was quick to catch her. Cassie leaned on her (even though she didn't like touching the cloak Mom was wearing), and everyone parted to make room again as she was helped for a few stumbling steps toward the door.

"It's all right dear, it's all right. I'm going to take her up to the bathroom for a moment. We'll be right back, all right?" Pastor Selwyn agreed.

Locked in the small upstairs bathroom, Cassie hugged the toilet. Her guts heaved and she expelled most of the wine she'd had. Mom stayed outside, talking through the door.

"I'm sorry, baby," she said. "I wanted to warn you, but it's not allowed. I knew what a shock this would be. I felt the same way my first night. But I owe everything to these people. They've given us a good life here, and I want you to enjoy all of the same things that I have."

"I understand," Cassie mumbled.

"You're so trusting. It's one of the things I love most about you, but you can't stay innocent forever."

"I know," said Cassie.

Mom's voice sounded dreamy now. "Don't be too mad at Steve. He's right, it doesn't mean as much as you think it does. And now you get to be with him for your first time. I know it sounds strange, but I'm glad I get to be here for such a big moment in your life. You'll learn that we don't have to be ashamed of any of this. Just tell me when you're ready and we'll go and see this through together. All right sweetie?"

The window small and the opening narrow, but Cassie managed to wriggle through. She had no coat, and her feet sank into two inches of dirty snow when she landed. She wouldn't last long out here, but she didn't need to. The Lodge was right by the Country Club's golf course. If she cut across that she could be in the pine forest in less than ten minutes. However soon Mom and everyone in the basement took to realize she was gone, they'd have to go the long way around by car, all the way down the canyon road. That was all the head start Cassie needed.

The snow slowed her down, but at least she was wearing real shoes. (Mom had tried to talk her into high heels, but she'd said no.) The night was pitch black, and the cold stung her bare arms. It wasn't smart to run, she knew; too easy to fall and twist an ankle in this mess. But she didn't dare slow down. After five minutes she had crossed the Country Club grounds, and after another five she found the dirt road through the forest that twisted away from the main road.

Ten minutes after that (everyone at the Lodge had found her out by now, she was sure, and would be on their way to find her) she saw what she was looking for: A half dozen converted mobile homes, nested in the middle of what had once been a much larger and more populous trailer park. And, thank God, the lights were on in the one on the end.

Cassie flew up the steps, banged the screen open, and pounded on the door as hard as she could. "Aunt Janine! Oh God, Aunt Janine!"

Aunt Janine, when she answered, looked one part annoyed and one part amazed, but before she could say anything Cassie threw herself into her aunt's arms. The older woman, baffled, made reassuring noises and even rocked her a little until the storm ebbed and Cassie was able to talk again.

"My word, Cassie, what's happened? Why aren't you—"

"We have to go," Cassie said around little hiccupping sobs. "They'll guess where I went. They'll all be on their way here now. We have to get in your truck and go before they find us."

"Just what are you talking about? Now come here and sit down. No, no; whatever's going on it can wait two minutes more while you explain yourself, and then whatever you say I promise I'll believe you and if it's as bad as all that I'll drive you clear to the state line. Deal?"

She had no choice but to agree, so Cassie sat on Aunt Janine's faded, avocado-colored couch and, with her heart in her throat and expecting to hear the telltale crunch of tires on the icy gravel outside any second, she told Aunt Janine everything.

After the first minute, the other woman's eyes went wide. After the second, she went pale. Cassie finished the story, licked her cracked lips, and looked at her aunt with red-eyed desperation. Please believe me, she thought, please oh please...

Aunt Janine stood. "Kiddo, we're leaving. I just have one call to make."

"We don't have time!"

"One call," said Aunt Janine. "I'm going to take you somewhere safe, but they've got to know we're coming. I've been worried about something like this for a long time. There are people who can help us, but they have to know. One minute."

So Cassie sat and stared at the clock while her aunt made a call from the bedroom. The numbers said 10:46; almost midnight, almost time for a Happy New Year. She could hear Aunt Janine's clipped voice speaking into the phone:

"It's me. It's happened. Yes, just like we were afraid of. The new place? Yes, we can make it, if you're sure? All right. Meet us there." And then she stood in the doorway, looking wan but determined. "Let's go," she said.

Cassie had a million questions (actually, only two: Where are we going and who are we meeting?), but Aunt Cassie shushed her. "We can't take the truck, they'll be on the road by now and we'll run right into them," she said. "We'll have to hike."

"It's freezing out."

"I know," Aunt Janine said, bundling Cassie in one of her extra parkas and cinching it as tight around the girl's smaller frame as it would go. "But it's not far. You know the new trailer park, by the river fork?"

"The one you said you'd never move into because it's full of plebss and assholes?"

Aunt Janine chuckled. "That's the one. You're young and quick on your feet, and I'll try not to slow you down too much. Going through the forest we can make it in 30 minutes flat."

"Will we be safe?"

"Safe enough until morning, and then we can be gone for good. You were real brave, kiddo. I've got your back now."

So even though it was still just as cold and the snow was still just as deep and even though the pine forest was dark and it honestly scared her just as much as before, Cassie felt encouraged as they set out. She liked Aunt Janine's plan: get away. That was all that Cassie wanted, to get as far away as possible from those people she'd thought were her friends. What in the world would happen to her after that she couldn't imagine, but she didn't care either.

Her face was numb and her legs were sore by the time they arrived. Aunt Janine gestured not to one of the trailers but to the little white cabin at the edge of the lot, the manager's home. "The people here are on our side and we should be safe, but be as quiet as you can just in case."

They crept through the snow, which just a week ago had been shimmering white and new but was now the drab, gray color that it always became after too many days between storms. The cabin windows were dark. Aunt Janine knocked on the door twice and then went in without waiting for an answer. Cassie followed. The inside was lit only by a few old-fashioned oil lamps, and it took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the inky interior.

The main room looked like a small, neatly arranged study, with everything clean but distinctly unused, as if no one really ever lived here. It was perilously quiet. Cassie wanted to call out to see if someone was there, but couldn't, so Aunt Janine said, "We're here."

Someone had been sitting in the big leather chair by the fireplace, and now that person turned to them and held up the lantern from the table.

"Cassie!" said Cassie's mother. "Thank goodness you're safe."

Cassie turned to run. Aunt Janine stood in the doorway. Cassie pushed passed her, but through the open door she saw people emerging from the forest and the other trailers and surrounding the cabin, each of them wearing a hood and holding a candle. She backed away so suddenly she lost her balance and would have fallen and smacked her skull on the cabin floor, but Steve was there to catch her. Before she knew it he had carried her the rest of the way in and plunked her down in the big chair. Marie stirred up the fire and soon the whole tiny room glowed with orange light.

Pastor Selwyn patted Aunt Janine on the hand. "You did the right thing bringing her back to us."

Cassie felt tears coming. "How could you?" she said.

"It's like I told you the other day, kiddo: I don't want you making the same mistakes I did. It's better this way."

"Listen to her," said Marie.

"Listen to all of us," said Steve. "Everybody wants what's best for you."