Flirting with Protocol Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Callie wrapped her arms around Michael's waist, resting her head on his chest. She felt him shift and settle into her, his breath on her neck as he put his face against the curve of her neck, breathing out on a big sigh.

Glancing over, Callie could see Ryann and Matt talking over at Matt's truck, their bodies close and their fingers barely touching. She could see Ryann wanted to provide the intimate comfort that Matt needed, but didn't know how to breach that barrier.

Callie ran her fingers through the wet strands of hair at the base of Michael's neck, tugging gently to get his attention. "Are you ready to go?"

"Our stuff is down there still, we have to go get it..." He trailed off, looking tired.

"We got it, sweetheart." She pushed the hair back from his forehead, marveling at how focused he had been on his patient.

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, let's go."

*-*-*-*-*

Back at Ryann's place, the group lingered near the cars, making small talk, though Michael was quiet.

"I can take you home," Callie offered, squeezing Michael's hand in hers. Nodding, he climbed into her car.

"Call me later," Ryann said, giving Callie a quick hug before watching them drive off. Ry glanced over at Matt, who was leaning up against his truck, arms crossed, considering her. "Now what am I going to do with you?" she asked him softly, one hand on her hip.

Not saying anything, Matt strode purposefully over to her, only stopping when she was pressed against him. Brushing the hair back from her face and cupping her cheek in his rough hand, Matt watched as Ry's eyelids closed halfway and she lifted her face toward his, silently giving him permission.

"Ry, I have to kiss you now, I have to," he whispered against her mouth before dropping the last fraction of an inch and scorching her mouth with his.

*-*-*-*-*

Callie pulled into the driveway of Michael's house and turned off the engine. Turning in her seat to look at him, she leaned her own head against her headrest, mirroring his position.

"Talk, mister."

He turned to look at her, taking a deep breath. "I couldn't do anything for him. What if they had been delayed? What if they couldn't get down to us? He would have died. I didn't do anything for him. What good am I without my tools?" He searched her eyes, looking for the judgment he thought he would find there.

Callie let out a soft sigh, then started, "You pulled him from the water. His friends were just sitting there, expecting him to come up, but you knew better. You got him out, you kept him breathing, you stabilized him. You made sure his bleeding was controlled, you made sure people with the right tools were on the way. You took scene command and did the best you could do with what we had. You can't make an ambulance materialize with all the proper meds and equipment."

"I didn't make sure they were on the way, you did."

"Yeah well, that's my job."

Michael sighed, relenting, "I know I did what I could. But if things had gone a little different, it could have been not enough. I don't like feeling helpless."

"Who does? But he's alive because of you and Matt. You need to relax, take a shower. Eat something."

"You're always taking care of us." Michael tucked Callie's hair behind her ear.

"Yeah well, that's my job, too." Callie smiled, holding her face against his palm.

"Come inside with me, Cal." He looked seriously at her, begging her with his eyes. "Please, spend the night with me."

Callie flushed, felt heat spread through her body at the suggestion in his husky voice. His smile when she nodded heated her to the core.

12