Fool's Gold

Story Info
Kent discovers gold in his mother-in-law.
4.6k words
4.28
186.4k
40
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Moondrift
Moondrift
2,284 Followers

When Kent first met his future mother-in-law, Venus, he was amazed. He had once been told that if you want to know how a girl will look when she's forty, go and look at her mother. To his eyes Venus was almost the mirror image of her daughter Natalie, the girl he was hoping soon to become engaged to, and this augured well for her future looks.

Venus he thought must be at least in her late thirties if not early forties, and of course had the figure and manner of a mature woman, but if Natalie had come close to that 38-24-38 supposedly ideal female figure, then Venus seemed to have almost achieved that hour glass shape.

Looking at mother and daughter side by side, they were both the same height, around five feet eight, with the same oval faces framed with long chestnut coloured hair, cerulean blue eyes, attractive retrousse noses, full lipped mouths and long shapely legs.

Somewhat facetiously Kent did wonder that if Venus had been available, and given the choice, whether he would have chosen the mother or the daughter for his future bride. But Venus wasn't available and seeing the man who was to be his future father-in-law he felt that he would not have been given the choice.

In thinking this Kent might have been underrating himself in that he was certainly a very good looking and personable young man.

However, Mr. Eddington ("Just call me Harold, son") was a handsome man in his middle years who carried himself with that air of self assurance that seems to appeal to women.

Quite apart from the usual anxiety that seems to attend the first meeting with the parents of the girl you hope to marry, Kent had been troubled by what he saw as the social disparity between his family and Natalie's. If he needed a demonstration of this inequality, the house, its elegant décor and furnishing was sufficient evidence.

The welcome he got from Harold and Venus conveyed a somewhat mixed message. Harold was welcoming to the point of being overly effusive, while Venus seemed to stand back a little, and Kent felt that she was observing him rather intently, this making him feel slightly uneasy.

Kent and Natalie, in the way of contemporary young people, had already decided they would get married, but that was some way off because Kent had to complete his qualifications to become a vet, and Natalie her law studies. They would have to wait until at least Kent had qualified and had a job, before they could marry.

The meeting with Natalie's parents was not so much to ask permission to get engaged as to let it be known they were going to get engaged; of course hoping the parents would make no opposition, especially as Kent's parents had raised no objections.

Natalie's parents also raised no objections, and in fact Harold seemed extremely keen on them getting married as soon as possible, especially after he and Kent had enjoyed a few glasses of his horrendously expensive Queen Anne Scotch. Venus, who had not indulged, suggested that they wait until Kent had qualified and was in a job. Harold made a vague suggestion about Kent and Natalie getting married and living with them until they could settle down in a place of their own. This was not well received, and so he went on to suggest that he set them up in a place of their own, and he would cover the mortgage until Kent was earning.

This was acceptable to Kent and Natalie, but Venus vetoed this idea.

Kent was puzzled by Harold's latter suggestion. He had never met Harold before but he had heard of him, and knew that he was a rather small time solicitor. Granted that solicitors made a good living, Kent thought it couldn't be so good that Harold would be able support his own elegant life style and pay out for another place.

The mystery was solved when Kent learnt that Venus owned a small chain of very profitable women's boutique dress shops, "Venus Fashions," that catered for middle income women.

Much of what was sold tried to emulate the sort of clothes worn by film and television stars on award and opening nights, when silicon boosted breasts are well on display.

The fact that Venus usually wore samples of the wares she sold added to Kent's feeling of unease because what she was wearing gave an excellent view of breasts and thighs. That, added to her disturbing appraisal, made for increased disquiet.

If the engagement needed parental agreement, by the end of the evening they had got it, and even Venus made no objection.

Kent was not sure how well he was going to get on with his future mother-in-law, but being engaged to a very attractive girl with obviously well heeled parents and a father who was inclined to generosity, he felt he had struck gold.

* * * * * * * *

Even in the Garden of Eden there had been the snake, and there was one slithering around in Kent's relationship with Natalie. When he first met her she had many males in pursuit of her, and the fact that he had won her had been quite overwhelming, and Kent was utterly besotted with her.

The snake first made its appearance when he tried to make love with her. "Not until after we're engaged," Natalie had said firmly.

Kent had dated many girls and had never experienced this sort of rejection. At first he wondered if Natalie had some religious principles, but as he got to know her he discovered no such conviction. Now they were engaged he felt that he could look forward to having access to her vagina and other parts of her anatomy.

He did indeed gain access to her vagina but that was all. Any attempts at foreplay were invariably met with protests; "Don't do that;" "Don't touch me there;" I don't like that."

Much of the pleasure of sexual intercourse derives from the knowledge that your partner is enjoying it as much as you are. When Kent did finally manage to penetrate her, she was unresponsive. Natalie simply lay there limply.

What Kent did discover was that Natalie was not a virgin. There might be a number of reasons for this, but Kent did wonder if she'd had sexual experience before him. They had not talked about past sexual experiences which had suited Kent because he had a lot he could have talked about. It seemed to be tacitly assumed that what was past was past, and it could stay there.

Kent also wondered whether Natalie was the sort of girl who could only perform well sexually within the security of marriage. He did try to talk to her about it, but she said, "I don't like talking about sex."

Had Kent got these sorts of responses from other girls, then they would never have got past the second date, but being so obsessed with beautiful Natalie, he told himself that things would improve with time.

Throughout their engagement things did not improve, and ever hopeful Kent thought it would be okay once they were married.

* * * * * * * *

After being somewhat reticent at the start, Venus had become increasingly affectionate. They had graduated from a handshake to a peck on the cheek, from there to a kiss on the lips, and finally a kiss and a hug.

Kent found the kissing and hugging both enjoyable and disturbing. Venus tended to wear rather revealing garments, and of course she had a lot to reveal. This had a stimulating effect on Kent, who was after all a potent young man who was not getting the sort of sexual satisfaction he needed.

Whenever he visited the Eddington home Venus always seemed to try and get Kent alone for a while. The purpose of these sessions appeared to be another way of Venus getting to know him better. There was nothing overtly sexual about these brief sessions; nevertheless for Kent the thoughts and feelings were there.

Kent told himself he wasn't really in love with Venus; he just felt affection for her, which I suspect was his way of deceiving himself about his true feelings.

The long engagement came to an end but it was still necessary for Kent to get a job. It was then that Harold, who had always seemed keen to get them married, weighed in with his earlier idea of setting them up in a place of their own. He put down the deposit on a small but very pleasant house, and continued to repay the mortgage until Kent got a job in a veterinary practice. Harold even suggested that he put Kent into a practice of his own, but although overwhelmed at Harold's generosity, Kent refused this, saying he had to get more practical experience before he was ready for private practice.

The outcome was that Natalie and Kent were able to get married sooner than they had originally planned. It was a week before the wedding that Kent had a rather puzzling interview with Venus.

He had gone to see Harold about some detail of the marriage ceremony. Harold had insisted for his own ego reasons that his daughter was to be married by a bishop, and he was willing to pay. When Kent arrived Harold wasn't there, but Venus was.

"Kent," she said, "I've wanted to have a talk with you for some time, come into my private space."

"My private space" was the name Venus gave to a room where she said she could be private; it was a room he had never seen. Kent gathered that few people were admitted to it, so in a sense he was privileged.

"Here we go," Kent thought, "this in going to be one of those, 'You look after my daughter" talks. It seemed to him that Venus and Harold had exchanged roles; it was usually the father who gave the talk and the mother who fussed over wedding details.

The room was larger than Kent had anticipated and seemed to serve two functions. The smaller area was set up like an office, with swivel chair, desk with a computer a telephone and other office paraphernalia.

The larger area was arranged like a lounge, with a divan, a couple of armchairs, coffee table, television and CD player. One wall was lined with honey coloured wooden well stocked book shelves and the prevailing décor was off-white and Paris green.

Venus took his hand and drew him down to sit beside her on the divan. Looking at him and still holding his hand she said softly, "I think you're a very attractive and personable young man, and I think we've grown very fond of each other."

She paused as if expecting him to reply, and so Kent said, "Yes...we have." Kent did not dare say what form his fondness took.

Kent was having trouble concentrating on what Venus was saying because she was very close to him and he could smell her subtle perfume, and the "Venus Fashion" she was wearing barely covered her -- what he suspected -- were her non-silicon breasts.

"Kent," she went on, "marriage isn't always easy, there are problems that can arise...conflicts, and there are times when you need someone you can talk with."

"Yes...I suppose so," Kent said, wondering where this was leading.

"I would like you to feel that you can come to me if there are any problems."

Kent was puzzled by the line Venus was taking, and so he asked, "What sort of problems?"

Venus looked at him tenderly and giving his hand a gentle squeeze said, "Any problems Kent, anything that's bothering you that you want to talk over; just feel free to come to me."

Kent was inclined to ask her if she had any specific problems in mind, but failed to because Venus kissed him on the lips and said, "I'll be here for you, that's a promise."

Kent thanked her for her concern, and she sat looking at him for a few moments as if expecting something to happen. When it didn't she sighed and rose saying, "That's all I wanted to say, Kent."

That seemed to be the end of the interview. They left the room to find that Harold had returned, and Kent discussed the detail he had come to see him about.

* * * * * * * *

As with most weddings the bride and groom ended the day feeling exhausted. Their first night as man and wife was in a nearby hotel; they were due to fly out for their island honeymoon the next day.

The exhausted couple climbed into bed that night and went straight to sleep. Next day they arrived at the island, a place so popular with honeymooners that it has been dubbed, "Bonking Isle," (Not its official name).

Kent, ever the optimist, thought their sex life might now take on a new dimension -- that dimension we call "making love." He was doomed to disappointment; Natalie was as unresponsive as ever.

This set the pattern of their sex life. When approaching her for sex Natalie used excuses when possible; "Too tired," "Headache;" and when she did submit, it was exactly that, indifferent submission and a lubricant always had to be used.

Kent wondered if having a baby might make a difference, but this suggestion received the reply, "Perhaps, in two or three year's time."

Kent was now employed in a veterinary practice, and this involved evening work two nights a week which meant he arrived home around 9-30 p.m. On these occasions he noticed that Natalie had gone out, sometimes not arriving home until after midnight.

If Kent asked Natalie where she had been he might receive the answer, "Visiting friends," or she would say she had been to the cinema or a theatre, but mostly she said snappily, "Out, I'm entitled to go out without being interrogated, aren't I?"

Such was the touchy nature of their relationship that Kent did not pursue the matter. Given the nature of their sexual relationship he wondered if she was visiting a lover, but rather arrogantly decided that if she didn't want to have sex with him she could hardly want to have it with someone else.

They had been married for nine months and on a scale of zero to ten Kent's sexual frustration level had reached eight, but it shot up to ten when one night, having been once again rebuffed, he said angrily, "For all the sex life we have we might as well sleep in separate beds."

Two days later, and without any further discussion, the double bed had been removed to be replaced by two single beds. Kent knew there marriage had reached crisis point. He saw the years ahead as a sexless desert, but what to do; get his sexual gratification elsewhere, divorce, or both?

Once he had thought he'd struck pay dirt, now he realised it had been fools gold. He needed to talk to someone and recalled Venus' offer, "I would like you to feel that you can come to me if there are any problems."

He questioned whether his mother-in-law was the right person to discuss his marital problems with. Even with the most sympathetic of listeners it is difficult to admit that one has failed as a lover, even if the failure cannot be blamed, as in this case, on Kent. Nevertheless his macho self image was at stake.

On consideration, and given the affection between him and Venus, and unable to think of anyone else to discuss with, he made a time to see Venus.

He was keen that their meeting should be private, and so it was arranged for an evening when Venus knew Harold would be out, and when Kent had evening shift at the practice and he was fairly sure Natalie would not be home until late.

When making the arrangement Venus said, "This isn't a social call, is it?"

"No" Kent said, "I've got something important to talk over with you."

Venus did not pursue the matter further.

* * * * * * * *

Kent drove straight from the practice to the Eddington house. As he parked the car he had a moment of doubt. Should he, could he, really talk with Venus about his marriage?

Gathering up his resolve he rang the door bell. A hall light came on and then a porch light; the door opened and Venus said, "Come in Kent." He stepped inside and was about to say something but the words seem to stick in his throat.

He had seen Venus in revealing garments many times, but none quite like this. She adjusted a red peignoir over high, pointed breasts. She was wearing nothing underneath and he saw a faint haze of pubic hair. She folded her arms over her breasts and smiled at him. A well formed knee and thigh showed themselves between the folds of the gossamer thin material.

For a few moments Kent was stupefied by the sight of so much Venus flesh. From the very beginning he'd had a sexual interest in her and now, in his state of sexual deprivation, nature took its course and he began to get an erection.

He thought he must have mistaken the date of the appointment, and that Venus had been relaxing en dishabille, but Venus clearly seemed to have been expecting him. She took his hand in hers and said, "Come with me," and led him into her private space.

She drew him down to sit beside her on the divan. Kent had rehearsed what he would say, but now the words would not come. It was Venus who came to the rescue.

Looking at him intently she said, "Its Natalie, isn't it?"

"Yes," Kent mumbled, "I don't think the marriage can last."

"I feared that was how it would be," Venus said softly.

"Before we married, you tried to warn me, didn't you?"

"Yes," Venus said sadly, "I should have put it more plainly." She shrugged and went on ambiguously, "but I hoped..."

"You knew she was frigid?" Kent interrupted.

Venus laughed ironically; "Frigid!" she exclaimed, "She's anything but frigid."

"But she won't let me...she doesn't want to..." Kent protested.

"You know Kent," Venus said sadly, "you and I share a similar problem."

It took a few moments for Kent to realise what Venus meant, and then he said, "You don't mean you and Harold don't..."

"No darling, we don't," Venus said.

Kent found it incomprehensible that Harold did not service Venus regularly -- very regularly. From the time he had first met her he had fantasised about what he would do with Venus if she had been available to him. Now the thought arose, had Natalie sensed his attraction to Venus and this was the reason why she had rejected his sexual advances so often and had been so cold in the act itself.

His thoughts were interrupted by Venus who, placing her hand on his thigh said, "Since we share the same problem, perhaps we could help each other."

There was no mistaking her meaning because she was now stroking his penis through the cloth of his trousers.

"You mean you want us to...to have sex?" Kent asked shakily.

"Kent darling," Venus said softly, "we don't need to pretend, do we. From the very first time we met we wanted each other, that's true, isn't it?"

"Yes," Kent admitted, but added, "I didn't think you felt like that."

"So now you know, and since we both have partners who don't seem to want us sexually, why not you and me?"

She kissed him on the lips, gently at first, but with increasing passion as the kiss went on, until their tongues were battling for entry into each others mouths.

The kiss was still lingering as Kent's hand slipped inside her peignoir and began to fondle one of her breasts. He felt Venus undo the buckle of his belt and pull down the zip of his trousers. She began to massage just above his penis and as they broke from the kiss he groaned, "I love you Venus...I want you..."

"I know darling," Venus whispered, and then she took his penis into her hand and bending over it she licked the precum from its head.

Kent moaned and she took the head into her mouth and began to suck and lick it. Kent was close to coming and Venus must have sensed this because she stopped and said, "Why don't we undress darling?"

She stood and the peignoir seemed to fall from her. Kent was mesmerised by the beauty of her body, her breasts like two ivory half grapefruits with pink nipples set in deeper pink aureoles

She extended her hands to him and drew him to his feet. "Your turn she said," as she pulled down his trousers and underpants.

Kent with shaking hands managed to remove his shirt and then stepped out of his trousers and underpants.

As Kent had looked at naked Venus, she gazed at him for a few moments and then said, "Sit down Kent."

He sat and she sat over him, her legs on either side of his thighs. He felt his penis being slowly immersed in the soft silkiness of her wet vagina.

"How does that feel?" she asked.

Moondrift
Moondrift
2,284 Followers
12