Fool's Reward Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really?" Michael answered, trying to not to sound too interested.

"Yeah, she doesn't make it out all the time, but when she does it's definitely a good time."

Michael turned and studied the younger man. He momentarily allowed his guard to drop due to his frustration. "Exactly what does that mean?"

James shrugged. "I'm not one to tell tall tales. Let's just say that the girl likes to party. It's never boring with her around."

"We're talking about the same Terry?" he said, frustrated. "The girl is a walking advertisement for mixed messages."

"Oh, you just have to know the right way to talk to her. Come out Friday and if she shows up, you'll see."

"I'll think about it," Michael answered, troubled. What the hell is he suggesting? he thought, getting angry. That the girl who freaked out over a good night kiss is some kind of barfly? There is no possible way.

He was about to walk back to his office when he saw Terry walk in. She stepped through the door and immediately looked toward his office, where their eyes locked. Michael straightened up, ready to run down to talk to her, but she shook her head in an obvious warning not to bother. She turned away and hurried toward her section of the building, leaving Michael to wonder if he was losing his mind.

~~~~~

"What is with you," Missy said. "You've been a bear all day long."

"I'm tired of everyone around here being satisfied with the way things are. I'm trying to make it better and feel like nobody is interested in cooperating."

"Are you talking about work, or her," she said intuitively.

Michael gave her a warning look, then went back to his reports.

"I talked to Janie. She said she warned you to stay away. Let me guess, you didn't listen?"

"Missy," he said irritated. "Let's pretend for a moment I don't mind you prying into my personal life. Is there something that I should be aware of that nobody wants to tell me?"

"Nothing that I know for a fact," she replied. "Just that for whatever reason, she doesn't get close to anyone. I assume you found out the hard way that was the truth?"

"All right," he barked. "Forget what I said about me not minding. I think it's time for you to get back to your work."

"Look Michael, what's the rush? If you like her, why don't you let it happen naturally?"

That's an excellent question, he thought to himself. Why can't I just let it take some time?

"I've always had a knack for reading people," he fumed. "Maybe I'm just annoyed because I can't figure out what the deal is with her. No matter what I do, I can't get her out of my head. Then on top of everything, I keep hearing these rumors about her that seem impossible. I haven't felt this out of the loop since high school."

Missy empathized with him, but was sure nothing she could say would be welcome. She let him go back into his office, then picked up the phone.

"Hey Janie," she said cheerfully. "Do you have a second to talk? I'll buy you a cup of coffee in the break room?"

"Sure, I've got a minute now. I'll meet you down there," her friend answered.

Missy hurried from her desk with a quick backward glance at Michael's door. She hadn't known him long, but instantly liked her blunt, plain-spoken boss. His interest in Terry seemed to be genuine, as was his frustration at whatever had been going on between them. She knew she needed to be careful about not stepping on anyone's toes, but thought she might be able to grease the wheels a bit.

"Hey stranger," she said, almost running into Janie at the door to the break room. "How goes it?"

Her friend gave her a suspicious stare. "Doing some recon for your boss, are you?"

Missy laughed at her insightful jab. "Guilty as charged."

They grabbed two cups and sat in a corner where they wouldn't be disturbed.

"Janie, do you know what's going on with Terry? I don't really know her, but Michael seems like he's smitten."

"You know I tried to warn him off," she answered. "I love Terry, but she's way too screwed up to see anyone right now. She isn't talking today, which I assume means that their date went badly."

Missy looked surprised. "Date?"

"You didn't know?" Seeing her friend shake her head, Janie continued. "Yeah, they went out last night. Terry was talking about it before work ended yesterday. She seemed like she was looking forward to it, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she sabotaged it."

"Well, whatever happened, Michael's been in a mood all day. I've been thinking about finding a reason to come to your side of the building to hide there." They shared a chuckle, then Missy became serious. "Janie, you know I don't pay attention to all the gossip around here about her, but I don't want Michael to get hurt. He's a really good guy. Is there any truth to it?"

Janie looked at her friend sadly. "Quite a bit."

~~~~~

It had been a week and a half since the failed date. After several unsuccessful attempts to speak with Terry, Michael chose to throw himself into his work. In the quiet moments when he allowed his mind to wander, he would relive the kiss outside the restaurant. The feel of her body against his, of her lips, her eyes...

Damn it, he scolded himself. What is it about her and those eyes? What is wrong with me? Why can't I just let it go, at least for now?

He was lost in the confusing jumble when James walked up to him. "Man, somebody isn't a happy camper."

Michael didn't have the resolve to verbally spar with his self-assured underling. Instead he just shrugged, and looked back to the floor, wondering if there was anything that needed his attention to give him an excuse to leave.

"You didn't make it out again Friday," James scolded him. "You know I'm going to stay on you until you have a beer with us. Besides, I've seen the way you look at Terry. You'll get a whole new perspective if you come by."

He sighed, too depressed to attempt to decipher the hints. "Was she there last week?"

"No," James admitted. "Like I said, she's not there every time, but when she is, we have a blast! Come on, it'll do you good to get out. This moping is bad for moral. You're going to make people wonder if the company is going under."

"All right," Michael surrendered. "I'll definitely stop by this Friday. Where and when?"

James wore a triumphant smile. "You won't be sorry."

~~~~~

Friday afternoon, Michael prepared to leave work and head home for a shower. He informed Missy he was leaving a little early and that he was going out with the guys. Her reaction was troubling, as she subtly tried to convince him that he wasn't going to have a good time.

"Those guys get way out of control," she warned. "I just don't think that's your scene."

He regarded her suspiciously. "Is there something you're trying to tell me?"

"Look Michael, I'm worried you're going to get hurt. Whatever is going on is something I know you're not going to approve of. If you want to go out, why don't you come with Janie and me? We're doubling with our husbands for dinner and a movie."

"I appreciate the concern, but I can take care of myself. To be honest, I think it's time I checked out this 'wild party' I keep hearing about. Better to know the truth, right?" he said, not actually believing his own platitudes.

She watched him go, hoping that Janie's concerns were unfounded.

~~~~~

Michael walked into the small bar around nine. He had planned to be there much earlier, but got held up on his way out of work, then again at home. Then he had to get dinner. He wondered if he was just unconsciously stalling. Suspicions aside, a night of drinking with the guys really wasn't his scene. The thought of spending the night on a bar stool next to a drunken James bragging endlessly was enough to make him want to turn and leave. But he couldn't get the claims about Terry showing up out of his mind. Was she really that wild, or was it nothing but male bravado run amuck?

"Hey," came a cheer from his right. "There's our boss-man," James said to a group of seven guys made up of men from the floor and a few from middle-management. They rose and welcomed him, ordering a beer while they chatted.

James leaned in close so no one could hear. He spoke in a sing-song tone that reminded Michael of someone giving a treat to their pet. "Guess who's here?"

"Terry?" he asked, far more enthusiastically than he intended.

"Yup, and she's already half in the bag. Trust me my friend; you're going to get a show tonight."

Michael was disturbed at the suggestion that she might be taken advantage of.

James saw his expression and held up his hands. "No, no...nothing like that. It's just that when she drinks, she really lets her hair down. She's liable to do anything. It's always quite a show. She comes here every few weeks to blow off steam, and is an entirely different person. Then by Monday, she's back to normal. Hell, she'll barely talk to anyone who was here. Trust me, if you have the hots for her, you'll want to be here."

Michael excused himself to go to the bathroom, and used the time to think. Could the beautiful woman he felt so strongly for really act the way James was implying? Exactly how far was he talking about? He wasn't a prude, but was quickly getting the impression that Missy had been right. This was more than he wanted to know. Again the thoughts intruded on him that he had completely misread her, which almost never happened to him.

Maybe I should just go, before I see something I'm going to regret, he reasoned. It was no use. He had to know what the truth was, and if it was time to cut his losses and forget the mysterious young woman.

He walked out of the bathroom and immediately noticed Terry talking to the guys at the bar. Nonchalantly, he walked to the corner of the room, where he found an empty table to sit at that provided him a clear view of them. It felt awkward to be spying, but she had refused to talk to him since the night at the restaurant, and he wasn't sure she'd welcome his presence. Also, if things went in a way he wasn't comfortable with, he wanted to be able to leave with his dignity.

James walked up to an obviously inebriated Terry, and took her hand. He nodded toward the dance floor, but she shook her head and resisted. He leaned in with a stern expression and said something to her, and she responded by immediately setting down her drink and following him with her head down. Michael watched as he danced the rest of the up-tempo song with his hands roaming all over her body. As soon as it ended, the DJ started a slow song, and James pulled her close, moving her arms around his neck, then letting his hands slide down her back to settle on her ass.

He wasn't subtle as he squeezed and massaged her as they swayed, his head settling into the nape of her neck. He slowly dragged his lips across her skin, then left soft kisses. Michael could see that he wasn't lying. Terry was obviously responding to his advances. Sadly he wondered if he'd have to watch the girl he so badly wanted to be with go home with the guy he had the least personal respect for within the company.

The dance continued, with James becoming even more aggressive. One hand rose between them and settled on the side of her breast, his thumb strumming her nipple through her dress. She again tried to object, but he answered her with an expression that clearly didn't leave room for debate. Michael watched in shock as she returned her hands to his neck, using her arms to block everyone's view but making no effort interfere with his actions.

The song ended and he assumed she'd go back to the bar with James for a drink. Instead he was surprised to see Marty, a forty year-old man from human resources step up to take his place. James held Terry's hand over her head and spun her into the older man's arms, and she meekly accepted the handoff and allowed herself to be pulled in close.

Marty wasted little time with formalities, holding her head steady with one hand while devouring the exposed areas of her neck and chest. His other hand moved to ass, as he tried to remember to sway to the beat to at least give the appearance of dancing. Michael noticed that neither man had bothered trying to kiss her, instead immediately manhandling her like a piece of meat. It was beyond his understanding.

"So do you like the show so far?" James said beaming. "She's quite the hot number, don't you think?"

"I don't understand," Michael responded. "Why is she acting like that. She's never given any indication..." he stopped as he realized he almost revealed their ill-fated date to the man who'd just gotten to second base with her in the middle of a crowded room.

"It's all in how you talk to her. Terry likes getting a bit drunk, then being told what to do. She gets off on it. It's weird because she's not like that at work at all. She won't even date anyone who comes here, but once she's had a couple drinks, all bets are off." He didn't even attempt to disguise his disdain for her.

"How far does this go," Michael asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

James expression turned malevolent. "We'll have to see, now won't we? Would you like a turn? I can promise you she'll be up for it."

"No," Michael said, trying to conceal his disappointment. "This is definitely not my scene. I'm just going to finish my beer and head home. It's been a long week."

"Are you sure? I've got some ideas about what I'd like to do tonight. You never know with her, but I'll bet something really interesting is going to happen."

"I'm sure. The wild party thing just isn't for me. I had enough of it when I was younger."

James appeared to be disappointed. "Well, suit yourself. She really is something once she gets going."

He wandered back to the bar to watch the song end. While they had been talking, Marty had managed to also slide his hand to the side of her breast, as he had been stroking her hip, slowly pulling the dress up, then letting it fall. Michael wanted to leave so badly he couldn't stand it, but found himself frozen to the spot, unable to comprehend his indecisiveness.

The couple returned to the bar where they had a drink, then another would-be suitor took her to the dance floor. Luckily there were a dozen couples out there, or the scene would have been even more conspicuous. By the time the fourth partner took over, Terry was showing signs of arousal so obvious, they were readily apparent even across the room where Michael sat. Her eyes were glassy, and she seemed content to melt into her dance partners' arms, allowing him to take any liberties he liked.

As the song was playing, James walked over to the DJ and slipped him a twenty, pointing out toward Terry and her current partner. The man smiled and high-fived him. The song ended, and the DJ killed his brighter lights, settling for strobe ones using colors and lasers, leaving the dance floor much darker. The next song that came on had a grinding beat, and was obviously something to enhance Terry's current mood.

James spun her into his arms, sliding his hands down her body on the sides until they reached her lower legs, then he brought them back up. He sensuously slid his fingertips over her knees, then to her thighs, until they disappeared under her sun dress. His hands were busy caressing her out of sight, as the dress rode up dangerously high numerous times. He spun her again so she was facing the bar, her back to him, then slowly dragged his hand up the front of her thigh, pulling her dress with them. It reached high enough to expose her panties to anyone watching from the bar, along with his hand, which was currently settled over her sex moving in a rough, circular motion.

He urged her head to the side as he aggressively kissed and bit her neck, moving both hands back over the dress and up to her breasts. He stroked them without attempting to be coy, grinding his groin against her from behind. James spun her toward him and picked her up, forcing her to wrap her legs around his waist. His hands disappeared under her dress again, now stroking her toned buttocks while his mouth searched out her breasts over her top.

Michael looked around to see if anyone from the bar was going to object to the lewd display, but found that the male bartenders were as fascinated as the rest of James' group. The waitresses avoided the scene, choosing to ignore the spectacle.

He put her back down, straddling his leg as he ground against her sex. With a start, Michael realized that the song had already changed twice without him noticing, although the beat remained almost the same. These songs were for one purpose; seduction.

James continued to force her against his leg as his hand stroked her breast. He looked over her shoulder at the rest of the group at the bar and gave them a quick nod of his head. Michael watched as they all got up and took their drinks into the small game room. As soon as Marty returned and nodded, James spun Terry away from him again, taking her by the hand and leading her off the dance floor. After watching them walk through the doorway, Michael followed, unsure why he was drawn to the scene, but unable to walk away.

There were two men from work standing shoulder to shoulder at the doorway, blocking the small room from the view of the rest of the bar. Michael tapped one on the shoulder and indicated he'd take the man's place so he could go in. With a smile, the man gladly accepted the offer.

The room was just large enough for a pool table, an area for two dart boards, and space to walk around each. James had Terry sitting on edge of the table, still grinding against her as he nibbled her ears, neck and shoulders. His eyes widened at the sight of Michael, then narrowed again as his hands worked in front of him. He was kneading her breasts, keeping her close to an orgasm but not allowing her to finish. He released one hand and let it wander to her shoulder, where it slowly slid the strap of her dress off, then returned to caressing her while he repeated the action with the other hand.

Her dress slid lower, exposing her bra, before falling to her waist. James lowered his mouth, kissing her exposed flesh while reaching around and quickly unsnapping the clasp. His fingers dragged the straps with them as the moved forward, her bra coming off completely in front of all nine men. Terry's head rolled back in ecstasy as his lips fastened around her exposed nipple, both his hands sliding up the inside of her thighs. She made an audible moan above the din of the music when they reached their goal, and James said something in her ear.

She shook her head no, and he simply moved one hand to her chin to force her to look at him, then repeated himself, his other hand never ceasing it's movements out of sight. Her head drooped forward in submission as she used her hands to lift herself slightly off the table. James moved both hands back to her lap, and made a quick downward motion, triumphantly raising one hand with her panties twirling around his outstretched finger.

He stopped making any effort to simulate seduction, instead putting a hand in the middle of her chest and firmly pushing her back until her upper body was lying on the table, her eyes staring at the light above. He grabbed her legs one at a time and hefted them over his shoulders, completely exposing her and reached down to free himself. He rubbed his erection up and down her lips making her moan even louder, then thrust forward, sliding inside her until their hips met.

The table creaked as he thrust faster and harder, pushing her toward the previously anticipated orgasm. When it hit, he had to cover her mouth with his hand to prevent her from screaming. Michael watched miserably as her body arched off the table in an explosion of physical release. Having given her what she craved, he wrapped both his arms around her thighs and lifted slightly, allowing himself to hammer her mercilessly until his own climax approached. He dropped her legs and pulled her body up his as he came inside her.