Forgiving Caleb

Story Info
A troubled past comes back to haunt a young man.
5.1k words
4.44
11.7k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lacessor
Lacessor
17 Followers

NOTE: Story features slightly coercive femdom, bondage, and humiliation. It also includes stalking and bullying in a clearly negative view.

*****

Driving back home, for the first time in over a decade, felt like staring down a shotgun.

Caleb had more than a few regrets from his childhood. Abused by his mother, neglected by his father, and bullied by his peers for being both a late-bloomer and poorly socialized, he'd developed some serious issues. This had manifested as being that creepy kid- the one with poor hygiene who gawks at the pretty girls and, to his great shame, turns a genuine offer of friendship into an excuse to stalk and torment those of the opposite sex.

Caleb was thrown out of high school his sophomore year, and then out of the house. Thankfully his aunt had taken him in, spent two years undoing the damage of his parents, and pushed him to succeed. Caleb was smart, Aunt Patty was dedicated, and one GED, two years of community college, and four years at state school later, he graduated with an honors physical therapy degree.

He'd also dedicated himself to improving in other ways. At age 16 he'd FINALLY had the growth spurt he needed, and learned around the same time that the best way to channel the anger and fear of his past trauma was to work out. Aunt Patty also introduced him to the wonders of soap, facial cleanser, and shampoo.

So it was that the kid who was once considered to be a shoo-in for the next Columbine grew into the sweet, hunky guy at the sports medicine office who all the college girls with torn ligaments lusted after.

Caleb didn't take advantage of this, though- neither when they were his patients for obvious reasons, nor when his friends dragged him out to bars on the weekend. The whole thing- dating, sex, whatever- PETRIFIED Caleb. Oh, he wanted it all right- he thought about it all the time. But as soon as it became clear that a woman was interested in being more than just friends, he froze up. His mind would race, the panic would rise, and instead of whoever he was with, the only face he could see was the terrified one of a 15 year old Amber Hendricks.

Amber wasn't one of the coolest girls in school. In fact, she was one of the loser kids- awkward, chubby, and painfully shy. She'd moved to his town in middle school, when most friendships had already been forged long ago, and made the regrettable decision on her first day to sit at Caleb's lunch table.

Amber was kind, if awkward, and even once she made other friends she still tried to get Caleb involved. Indeed, first semester of his freshman year was the closest thing he had to friends as a kid- Amber's geeky, poorly-washed circle made a real effort to include him. But they also picked up on his growing obsession with Amber.

Young Caleb had asked Amber out, and she had very gently declined. But instead of letting it drop, he decided he was "friend-zoned" and kept pursuing her. After a few months of asking him to back off, Amber's friends had ganged up on him and would physically bar him from approaching her. He would get into fights with them, and he racked up a couple suspensions over it. So he started stalking her outside of school- even watching her sleep.

It all came to a head early into his sophomore year when he broke into her house while her parents were away for the weekend, and hid in her closet with a bouquet of flowers. At the time, he'd genuinely thought this was the grand romantic gesture he needed to convince her they would be together forever. She had... disagreed. And the terrified look on her face when he emerged was burned into his subconscious.

Looking back now, Caleb was mostly grateful he'd not been arrested. Amber's family had settled for expulsion and a restraining order. Moving him to Aunt Patty's, two states away, had been very effective. But it also meant that he had never had a chance to apologize to her. Even after the restraining order had expired, he respected it, and never looked her up. She was just this figure in his mind, this horrible specter of all his regrets and fears about who he was and what he could do at his worst.

So Caleb, despite his good looks, good job, and friendly demeanor, was a 26 year old virgin, much to the concern of his friends, his therapist, and even his aunt, who had tried to set him up with someone more than once.

--

When Patty called him to tell him his mother had died, Caleb didn't know what to do. He didn't regret her death- they'd met and healed the bridge as best they could when she was diagnosed with cancer. But his mother was to be buried in her plot back in his home town, and as her only child, he was needed at the funeral.

"I haven't been back home since..." He sighed. Patty, in the passenger seat, gripped his arm. "It'll be okay."

"It'll be HARD. I've had time to come to grips with Mom's death, but I don't know how I can handle seeing Deatsville again."

"Don't worry about running into them. Honestly, Caleb, you're barely recognizable."

His eyes flicked to the rearview mirror. She had a point. His hair was the same dark brown, but while then it had been greasy and floppy, now it was silky and shining, kept short and neatly styled. When he'd left, he'd barely had peach fuzz, but now a well-trimmed dark beard framed his face. And his body, of course...

"People will know, though. What if someone comes to the funeral?"

Patty sighed and looked out the window. "Honey, I know you love your mom, but... I wouldn't expect a big crowd."

--

She was right. All told, the wake was just himself, his dad, Patty, his mother's brother he barely knew, and his grandparents from both sides. Thankfully everyone had anticipated this, and the room in the funeral parlor was mercifully tiny. Caleb privately wondered why they'd even done a wake, since everyone who was there would be there tomorrow for the funeral.

Near the end, he slipped out to go to the bathroom, and overheard two of the dark-suited parlor workers chatting.

"I haven't seen anyone who looked like him..."

"There's that young guy?"

"That CAN'T be him. A nephew or something."

"What kind of guy misses his mother's funeral?"

Following the voices, he poked his head around the corner to see Eric Haut and Aaron Beeker. His heart leapt into his chest.

"Uhm, hello..." Both men jumped. "Oh! Sorry, sir," Eric said. "Can I help you?"

Deep breath to steel himself. "You're Eric, right? Eric Haut?"

He knew the answer, of course. Eric still had the unmistakable crook in his nose from teenage Caleb's fist.

The other man stared at him. "Have we m- oh my god you ARE Caleb."

Aaron grimaced, and Caleb's heart sank to see him brace himself a little. His eyebrow still bore the unmistakable scar from a bad punch.

"Yeah... Hey, Eric, Aaron, I just wanted to say I'm so, so sorry."

Eric's jaw dropped a little. "Wha-"

"I was a dick. I was a terrible excuse for a human being. I've been regretting it for ten years." He breathed out heavily. "Damn, I really broke your nose, didn't I? I'm so sorry."

Eric and Aaron looked at each other in shock, then back to him.

"I- I have no idea what to say," Eric finally stammered out.

"It's okay. I don't need you to forgive me or anything. I can't undo it, any more than I can fix your nose. But as long as I'm in town, I wanted to say it."

Aaron spoke up. "Oh, man. Caleb. What the hell. Of course we forgive you. I'm sorry about your mom."

Caleb turned to him in surprise. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah, man, we forgave you years ago. Everyone knew you were suffering. I mean, after you left, Amber told us some of the shit you said to her all casually, like about your mom- oh, man, I'm sorry. I can't believe I said that, today."

Caleb smiled weakly. "It's okay. She and I made amends before she went."

Aaron nodded and swallowed. "Anyway, we all knew you were just- you were suffering. I'm glad you- you seem better, now. You look-" He paused. "Man, time's been good to you."

"Damn right," Eric said, smiling a little.

"Wait, so you guys aren't mad? I broke your nose!"

"Yeah, and it hurt like hell, but you know, having some tough-guy scars didn't exactly hurt me in high school. You were the last guy to beat me up."

Aaron laughed. "Yeah, man, and even after I got back from Afghanistan I still get laid more from the eyebrow scar story than anything else. Defending a damsel in distress and all that."

"Besides, that was ten years ago," Eric added. "There's no point holding a grudge that long."

Caleb felt his shoulders drop a good inch. "You have no idea how glad I am to hear that."

"Hey, do you want to come out with us tonight?" Eric asked. "I know you're in mourning, but Tiff and Robbie will be there. They're married now, you know? Plus Ashley and Becca are free tonight. And you can meet Mark, my boyfriend. It'll be low-key, just shooting the shit and drinking beers."

Caleb smiled, trying to hide his shaking. "I- I think I'd like that."

--

The shaking hadn't stopped as he sat in the parking lot outside Applebee's. He still couldn't convince himself that all these people could have forgiven him. Maybe he'd show up and they'd all beat him up or something. Eric may have been skinny, but Aaron definitely showed the military physique.

I'd probably deserve it, though, he thought, and, resigned to whatever his fate was, headed in.

Turns out the fate was apps, beers, and a fun evening. There was no anger, no hate. Just friendly catching up. Becca and Ashley had a couple of drinks and started hanging off him, which made him highly uncomfortable but seemed to amuse the guys immensely. Despite that, though, he found himself relaxing. Forgiving himself a little bit.

But not entirely.

Tiff asked the question that he dreaded the most. "So have you talked to Amber?"

Caleb felt the color drain from his face. "Of course not! Not since- never."

Eric lightly smacked her behind the head. "Come on, Tiff. Really?"

"I'm not going to make her ever have to think about me again," Caleb declared firmly, staring down at his ale.

"Oh, come on. She'd forgive you. You're obviously not the same Caleb that left creepy love notes in her locker."

"Well, that's up to her," Caleb replied firmly. "If she ever asks, you can tell her where I live and my number and whatever, but I'm not seeking her out, even if it is to apologize. I don't get to decide how she moves on."

--

The funeral was quiet, simple, and fast; Caleb drove himself and Patty home right after.

If Caleb had thought he'd get some grand breakthrough in his dealings with women from the forgiveness of Amber's friends, it was not to come. And in truth he hadn't really expected it. As good as it felt, the block was coming more from Amber than anything. So life returned to normal.

For a couple months at least.

He had just finished making dinner when the doorbell rang. It was supposed to be a quiet Friday night in, and he wasn't expecting anyone. He padded over to the door, not caring that whatever salesman was there saw him in nothing but his gym shorts.

He opened the door, and froze.

Before him stood the most gorgeous girl he'd seen in his life. Spike heeled pumps on long, toned legs; a short, tight skirt over perfect curvy hips; a tailored silk blouse that hugged her taut waist and full breasts. Perfect, creamy skin framed by lovely dark waves of hair that cascaded over her shoulders and chest. A face like an angel, and eyes- eyes like black ice- eyes that he KNEW- his jaw dropped.

Amber.

She actually looked a little shocked too. But- gone was the childhood pudginess, the unmanageable flyaway hair, and the awkward curving into herself. This woman was powerful. She stood with confidence, not confidence in her body, confidence in herself. Her body language didn't say she was sexy and she knew it, it said she was STRONG and she knew it.

Strong enough to recover first. "Caleb Torrin?"

"A-a-amb-"

"Are you going to invite me in?"

Almost instinctually, Caleb stepped back.

She breezed in like she owned it, and looked around. The kitchen was right off the front entrance, and she stepped into it, seated herself in his chair, and said, "It's been a while."

"I- uh-"

"Ten years, right? I confess I didn't entirely believe Becca. First that you'd changed so much, and second that you actually turned her down for sex."

Caleb's face went red.

"So, ten years ago, you stalked me, harassed me, obsessed over me, and broke into my bedroom. You took pictures of me while I slept and stuck pictures of your cock in my locker. Then you move away and fall off the face of the earth for a decade, and I spend the rest of high school as That Girl, the one who the weird loser obsessed over. At a time when I wanted to disappear, I was the center of attention. Now, you show up again in our hometown, apologize to my friends, and charm them for an evening until they practically beg me to go meet you and tell you I forgive you." She paused. "Now you finally have me in your house. Now what?"

Caleb, unthinking, dropped to his knees. "I- I am so sorry," he gasped. "I'm sorry. I was a terrible person. I was creepy and scary and gross and I hurt you and I'm so sorry and-"

"Stop." Amber looked down on him. There was a little scorn on her face, along with a bit of interest. "I know all that. I know what you told my friends. You know I spent years terrified that you'd come back? I spent hundreds of hours in self-defense classes. I bought a state of the art security system when I went to college."

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry you were scared of me. I knew- once I went away, I knew I was wrong. I would never have hurt you, not after that."

"But I didn't know. I couldn't know. Maybe any day you could have walked through the door, and I could have gone through the whole terrifying, humiliating ordeal again."

Caleb was shaking, trying not to cry.

"So, I ask again. Now what?"

"I- I don't know what I can do," he stammered, biting his lip. "I mean, I'd do anything, anything you wanted. I want to make amends, but I feel like anything I do- it's not enough."

She paused, as if appraising him. "Take off your clothes."

Caleb froze. "What?"

"You saw me at my most vulnerable against my will. Your turn. Take off your clothes. And then feed me, that smell is delicious and it's been a long drive."

"I- are you-"

"Look, if you don't want to do this, whatever. I'll go and we can go on like we were."

Caleb stood, trembling. That wasn't what he wanted. This could be his one chance to make amends. If this was how she wanted it, well... He closed his eyes and dropped his shorts.

When he opened them again, she was looking at him appraisingly. He covered his cock quickly, especially since it was starting to stiffen. He'd never been naked in front of a woman before- and this wasn't just any woman.

"Seems like puberty wasn't just kind to your muscles," Amber commented, and he turned seven shades of red. "You're going to have to uncover that if you want to serve me," she added, turning towards the table.

Caleb hopped to, serving her spaghetti and meatballs before standing next to her awkwardly, one hand covering himself. She ate, making little happy noises that were not helping his terror boner. Once done she turned to him and said, "I didn't have a chance to cover myself when you were peeping on me, you know."

Caleb felt his ears burning.

"Hands on your head." He obeyed, burning up, as his cock was definitely standing at attention. She cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, is that for me? I guess some things never change."

"No! It's not like that!" he cried out, but she just rolled her eyes. "Do you have a living room?"

He led her there. He tried once to cover himself, but she snapped at him, and he quickly returned his hands to his head.

Once there, she plopped down on his couch, setting her feet on the coffee table and kicking off her heels. "Ah, that's better." Caleb was standing uncertainly in the doorway. "Come rub my feet. Those shoes are killer."

He obeyed, sitting on the coffee table. Her feet were smooth and soft and her toenails were painted a pretty pink. Touching her- the girl he'd feared and berated himself for fantasizing about- it was terrifying. But he also struggled to hide his swelling cock.

"So, why did you turn down Becca? She's pretty."

Caleb looked up with a start. "I- I've never-"

"Oh, are you a virgin?" Amber asked with a little smirk. "Interesting. You've clearly had the opportunity."

"I don't- want to hurt someone," Caleb stammered out.

"Should I be concerned?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No!"

"I don't know, why would you be afraid of hurting someone if there's no risk?" She pulled her feet away and untied the scarf from her neck. "I'd better tie your hands behind your back to be sure."

"I- uh- if you want-"

She did want. Soon she had him firmly tied, and directed him to stand. Before he realized what had happened, she'd snapped a picture of him.

"What-"

"Come on, now. You had over a hundred pictures of me."

"Not- not naked!"

"Well, we're older. The stakes have risen, I think."

"What are you going to do with that?" Caleb asked frantically. His boss wouldn't take too kindly to his name being associated with nudes online.

"Oh, I don't know. I figured I'd send it to Becca and Ashley, they'll appreciate it. Maybe Eric, he could share it with Mark. Oh, and your friends! Trina and Rachel. They were soooo helpful when I was collaborating Becca's story. Shared quite a bit else about you, too."

"I- I- please-"

"Or, you know, you say the word, I delete them, I leave, we go back to the way things were. Your choice."

Caleb swallowed hard and nodded. In a tiny voice, he said, "I don't want that."

She smiled and yawned. "Come sit beside me. Hey, remember that time at Tiff's party when you sat next to me and kept trying that lame stretching arm move to hug me?"

He looked down, burning in shame. "Yeah..."

"I wound up hiding in the bathroom that time... Oh, and there was the school dance! Remember you asking me to that? And I lied and said that I wasn't allowed to go, so you climbed the tree outside my window to try to sneak me out? You thought you were being so romantic, like a movie."

"Until you screamed," he muttered, looking down.

"Ah, remember Cory Johnson? Such a jerk jock type. He's some salesman now. Man, remember that time he was my assigned partner in science class, and you cornered him after school and challenged him to a fight in front of everyone?"

Caleb closed his eyes and nodded as Amber continued, "And then he kicked your ass, and pantsed you, and you were wearing tighty-whiteys? Oh, and that teacher who suspended you, she was a piece of work."

"Mrs. Enterman," Caleb muttered, barely audible.

"Enterman! That's right. Yeah, even after you left, she still used you in her word problems. 'Caleb hijacks a plane going X knots at 27,000 feet...' What an ass."

Caleb felt ready to barf. "I deserved that suspension though."

"Yeah, for sure. She was still an ass. Hey, remember that time you..."

It was unrelenting. Every horrible thing he'd done, she remembered, and reminisced like it was a silly anecdote. What's worse, he was still rubbing her feet, and every once in a while her legs would part a little as she shifted and he saw the faintest hint of her panties. Or she'd lean forward to make a point, and he had to fight not to look down her shirt. She wasn't just gorgeous, she smelled intoxicating. He wasn't even sure what the smell was. All he knew was that having a stunning woman sitting next to him and forcing him to relive his worst memories should NOT have been giving him an erection.

When she finally ran out of stories and asked if he wanted to watch a movie, he breathed a deep sigh of relief and nodded.

Lacessor
Lacessor
17 Followers
12