Fortnight in Utopia: Day 06

Story Info
Leifang and Hitomi begin investigating while they play.
5.2k words
4.75
6.8k
1
0

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 06/18/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pacifist91w
pacifist91w
114 Followers

Disclaimer/note: Characters and setting are property of Team Ninja. This fictional story is based on Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. The story features lesbian relationships: and some days (i.e. chapters) also feature violence or offensive language. Please don't read it if you aren't old enough.

-Morning of Day Six-

Sunrise found me grudgingly getting out of Hitomi's bed and stretching thoroughly. I was only a little cramped from how I'd fallen asleep. I'd woken next to Hitomi, not on top of her, so she was probably not going to be too stiff when she woke.

Since Lisa was my partner, I'd have to hurry with my exercises. Then I remembered my mobile camera. It was waiting on my bedside table.

Why not skip one workout? I was getting quite a bit (and quite a variety) of exercise as it was. I hooked the robot to my computer and looked at what it had recorded.

Its memory was only an hour, so I'd programmed it to record six-minute snippets and then move. I started playing the video at four-times speed. There were people loading frozen food into a restaurant's walk-in freezer. Then there was a girl putting flowers in the accessory shop's refrigerated display case.

There were a few more ordinary scenes. I was feeling like I'd been silly to have any suspicions. But then I saw someone using a torch. It wasn't a welder; this was a cutting torch.

"Good morning," Hitomi said cheerily, putting her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek.

"Hey, good morning. How're you feeling?" I said, turning and kissing her in return.

"Still a little tired, but really happy." She let me go. "Tea?"

"Sounds good."

"What're you looking at? Oh, it's from your robot, I bet."

"You got it in one. This part is a little strange."

She rejoined me, having started boiling the water. "It looks like routine repairs to me," she said.

"That's what I thought at first. But see, the worker's removing part of the machinery; it looks like she's working on a boat or a ship, ne? I'm no expert, but it looks like she's replacing some sort of regulator."

"I guess. I don't know much about boats-or machines in general."

"Looks like a new boat though, right?"

"Yeah. Zack probably bought it brand new a month or two ago."

"So why is this new boat having major parts replaced?"

"Oh." For a long moment, we were both quiet. "I was hoping there wouldn't be anything. Who wants to worry on vacation?"

"It's probably nothing."

"That would be nice." She put a chair next to mine and watched with me.

The scene aboard the boat was the only one I felt was suspicious. I went back to that bit and watched it at normal speed. I was looking for clues. After we saw the entire six minutes, I turned to Hitomi. "What do you think?" I asked.

She sighed. "I don't feel very German; most of us are good with machines. I can't tell much of anything, except that it's probably a large boat, 15 to 24 m long. The part she's removing has no obvious damage, but I can't tell if it's broken or not."

"You're right. It didn't look broken, but that doesn't mean it isn't. If something strange is going on, I can think of two possibilities. It could be smuggling and that mechanic's in on it. Or it could be sabotage—someone trying to keep someone else from leaving the island.

"If either is the case, we have danger. Although it's unlikely to be anything serious, I have to find out what happening." I hooked the robot to a power supply.

"I'll come with you," Hitomi said.

"Thank you, sweetie. Let's get washed and stuff; Tina and Lisa want to meet us at 0900."

At first I felt weird about going out and playing away the day; it seemed reckless. But as Hitomi pointed out to me, conspirator or conspirators unknown would have plenty of time to execute the plan. Everyone knew this was a two-week vacation (after which, Zack was opening the island to wealthy tourists) so a careful operative could take her time. I felt as though I should tell Lisa and Tina, but I couldn't be sure one of them wasn't in on this plot, if there was a plot.

We didn't take long to start having fun. Lisa and I found Christie and Helena and we started a volleyball game. Their teamwork seemed off at first, but they're competitors. They got it together quickly and really made us work. We came within a point of losing twice, but finally won, 9-7.

"That was some match," Lisa said.

"You've got a heck of a partner," Christie told her. "Leifang is the only individual who hasn't lost a match."

"What about Hitomi?" Helena asked.

"She and Tina lost yesterday," I answered. "Still, I didn't think I was the only one."

"You are," Christie said. "That's why I wanted to play you—be the one to hand you your first loss...and since I've said that, when can we have a rematch?"

I looked at Lisa. "This afternoon at the earliest," she said. "Now that we know what you're up to, we need time to regroup and form a plan."

"Not exceptionally sporting of you," Helena chided.

"No, go ahead," Christie said. "We want to beat you at your best."

"I feel like a marked woman," I said.

Christie laughed. "I'd think you'd be used to all eyes on you by now. You fill that new suit as well as the others."

I blushed while Helena and Lisa giggled. "I like this one better than the one you wore yesterday," Helena added, to my surprise. "It's cute, but not syrupy sweet."

"I like it too," I stated, "and thank you for the compliments."

"We may just come for the two of you this afternoon," Christie warned. "Enjoy your reprieve while you can."

"We'll see if your skills can back up your words," Lisa said, sticking out her tongue. "Later, then."

They took off toward the Gemstone Suites and we headed for the grill. "Even Helena is loosening up," I remarked. "I'm glad we're all here; this vacation is good for us."

"I think you're right," my tall partner agreed. "And Christie was right; 'Electra' looks great on you."

"Thank you."

"Of course, you received it yesterday and didn't wear it then. I kept Tina off your back about it because there were others present, but will you explain now?"

I struggled with my urged to blush or avert my eyes from hers. "I want to be honest with you. You're such a great friend! Hitomi and I...made love and got the suits...messy."

"I thought that was it! Thanks for telling me. I don't mind telling you that Tina and I fool around."

"Do you love Tina?"

"When I was younger, I would have said yes like that." She snapped her fingers. "But I don't think so. I love her as a friend, but we don't quite connect that way, you know? To me, it looks like you and Hitomi are in love...and I think the fact that you had to ask about Tina and me-that it wasn't obvious-means we aren't."

"You're probably right. You're certainly right that Hitomi and I are in love. She's what I need," I said. "Have you ever been in love?"

"I wonder. When I was 16, there was an older classmate named Alexander who I cared for more than anyone. I think he thought as much of me. But when he graduated, he took an apprentice job on an oil rig and was killed in an accident."

"I'm so sorry."

"It was a long time ago and I'm done grieving, but thank you for your sympathy. I think about him a lot."

"So you aren't gay?"

"People would call me bisexual, but I don't think that word fits. I'm looking for true love; biological sex may have little to do with that. I also think sexual intimacy is a basic human need and it can be very fun with partners with either set of plumbing."

"I hope you do find true love," I said earnestly.

She gave me a half-smile. "Thank you, sweetheart. For today, I'm content to be here with you and Tina and Hitomi and all of us, having a good time."

Lisa obviously was feeling a little lonely. I changed the subject.

"Let's try something new." I held up a ticket I'd bought that morning.

We both started laughing as soon as she read it. "Butt Battle? I can't believe you bought that ticket! Sure, let's go for it."

We got to the pool and a girl who was on staff explained the rules and steadied the float while we got our footing. (Not as easy as it looks!)

The game was named appropriately. I was very aware of Lisa's smooth, cute butt rubbing mine. I was kind of embarrassed and kind of turned on. Focus, I reminded myself.

But I didn't. Instead, I barely even noticed the signal. Lisa pushed me effortlessly off the platform and into the water.

"It won't be so easy next time," I warned while Lisa snickered at me. My competitive nature blocked everything but the contest from my mind. The tone sounded and I could react almost perfectly to Lisa. Pushing steadily, dodging when she used a lot of force, I somehow kept my balance and edged her off the float. She made a satisfying splash.

"As good as your word," she laughed. "But it was luck as much as anything else."

"We'll see," I replied.

The next round saw us doing a lot of feinting, but whenever I'd make a serious attempt to push her, she'd meet it with one of her own. Suddenly, as I tentatively shoved, she made a killer attack and launched me into the air (and into the water, after a brief orbit of the earth.)

"Okay, that was a good one," I admitted as I swam toward Lisa.

"Wasn't it?" she asked rather cheekily.

"Talking big, I see," I responded.

She wasn't idly bragging, though. I feinted and she immediately unleashed a couple of quick nudges that forced me into the pool once more.

"Back in the drink-are you really a martial artist?" she chuckled.

"Let's get some lunch," I said, standing in the water and drawing near the dark-skinned beauty. I held out my hand. She took it, to help me out of the pool.

That was a mistake. She screamed as I flipped her over me and into a deeper part of the pool.

"Lei!" she sputtered as she surfaced.

"By the way, yes, I am a martial artist," I said primly. I heaved myself out of the pool, into a handstand, and onto my feet in a slow, graceful motion.

"Can't stay mad at a girl who can do that," she said, getting to the side of the pool and preparing to climb out of the water.

"Besides, I wasn't being a sore loser. I only did it because I love seeing you wet," I said, cocking an eyebrow and grinning.

"I could take that a number of ways."

"Yeah," I replied, not quite done flirting, "and I won't deny any of them."

"Tease! Where are we going to eat?"

"How about the casino café?"

"See you there!" She saucily slapped her almost-bare butt and ran.

But I was ready for her. Before she'd gone two steps I'd lunged and pushed her, toward the pool. She yelped. For an instant, I thought I'd gotten away with it.

She surprised me right back, though! She twisted, grabbed my thigh, and pulled me with her.

We were laughing uproariously when we emerged from beneath the cool water. "Thought you got me, huh?"

"You thought you were going to beat me by cheating, huh?" I shot back.

We were face-to-face, arm-in-arm. I'd like to say she initiated it...but I'm not sure if she did or if I did. Everything was hazy for a second. Then I felt with clarity her full, soft, delicious lips and mine engaged in a mutual massage. We hugged each other more and more tightly.

Then I recovered and pulled back and so did she—and there was no haze. "Sorry, Lisa," I said.

"Me too," she said. "But please don't feel guilty. It was a kiss: a lapse, and a very nice kiss."

"You're not lying. It was great. Still, I'd like to talk with Hitomi before we do it again. I'll feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't otherwise."

"She's not the only one you've kissed on this trip, and she gets jealous easily," Lisa said. I remembered Christie kissing me, and Hitomi's reaction. "Don't worry, I won't say a word."

"Thanks, I'd rather talk to her myself. Now how about we walk to the casino together and get some late lunch?"

"Emphasis on 'walk,' huh?" she kidded.

I grinned. Just like that, we were cool again, no awkwardness.

We found good shopping afterward. Lisa wouldn't let me see what she'd bought at Zack-of-All-Trades and I didn't show her what I'd gotten at the Accessory Shop, so we had clearly bought for each other. I'd also gotten gifts for Christie and Hitomi. Once the gifts were stowed, we set off to find Helena and Christie and play volleyball.

Our effort was in vain; they were not on any of the courts. We saw Hitomi and Tina playing Ayane and Kasumi, however.

"What do you want to do?" I asked my partner.

She thought for a second. "I'd like to stay and watch them."

"Could the four of us get dinner at the Seabreeze at about 1930?"

"I think so. Why?"

"I just remembered I need to refrigerate a gift," I fibbed.

"Oh. Um-I guess I'll see you at 1930 then. I'll have Hitomi tell you if we change the time or place. You are just one vote in four."

"Thank you, Lisa," I said sincerely.

I went back to my room and blessed my good luck. I had two or three hours to work on my emission sensor, thanks to Lisa wanting to watch the match. As I constructed the device, I wondered about Christie and Helena. Was one or were both of them involved in the strangeness happening here? That would explain the absence. Why set up a tentative date with us and not show? That would be suspicious. Was it a ruse to keep Lisa and me busy for a few minutes while they worked some mischief?

Or what if one of them had been kidnapped or killed by the person responsible for whatever was going on around here?

I shivered at that thought. I hoped with all my heart that it wasn't what had happened.

"Damn," I muttered aloud. I resolved to take this more seriously starting that instant. If someone was killed and I was out playing instead of preventing it, how could I forgive myself? I had to figure out what was up as soon as possible.

I finished building the sensor and began programming it. If only there'd been more clues about what vessel that engineer (or mechanic) had been fixing. I'd review that recording in detail as soon as I was done with this sensor.

By 1720, I released the emission sensor as I had the camera-bot before it. Then I replayed the recording on my laptop.

Hitomi came into my suite while I was watching the video. "Hey, Leifang!"

"How was your day, baby?"

"Fine. Are you looking at that snippet again?"

"Yes. Hitomi, what if there's real danger?" I laid out my concerns to my girlfriend. She looked a bit alarmed as I described my misgivings.

"What if one or more of us is in on it?" she asked quietly. "If we start acting too differently, we might tip them off."

She had a point.

Abruptly, I found a clue. "Look!" I said, pausing the recording and magnifying it. "See that?"

"A lifeboat on the deck."

"The little symbol stamped on the lifeboat cover looks like a dragon or a winged lizard. It's not Zack's symbol, so it could be unique for this island. If we find a ship with that picture or a corresponding name, we've got the vessel."

"Clever," Hitomi praised. "We should check the harbor. Tonight."

"Yeah. And you're right about not acting differently; we should be careful. We'll go to the harbor after we've met Lisa and Tina for dinner."

"About that—it's 1845, at Moonlight Reef."

"I got outvoted, huh?" I said with a wry smile.

"No one gets her way all the time," Hitomi said.

I started rummaging in my special parts kit. "If we're going to the harbor, we'd better go armed; there's a good chance they will be."

Hitomi sat in a bamboo chair near my bed. "I can't believe this. We're on vacation!"

I assembled eleven pieces I knew very well and handed the result to her. "Sorry," I told her.

"It's not your fault," she answered. "Is this a stun gun?"

"Yes."

"How'd you make it so fast?"

"I didn't; I had it broken into a few components. I've taken apart and reassembled my tasers as often as an FBI agent has a 9 mm. I could do it in my sleep." I got up, stood before my girlfriend, and took her hands in mine. "And I have a confession...I kissed Lisa today."

I'd been braced for her anger. Not her tears.

"Baby, please don't be upset," I whispered, dropping to my knees and hugging her.

She looked at me, a heart-wrenching look. "You're so much better than I deserve," she sobbed. "I meant to tell you-after the first time. I never could, especially after how I reacted when I saw Christie kiss you. I've-I've kissed Tina. A few times."

I was floored, but I wanted to comfort my Hitomi. I hugged her tighter. "There, there, love. It's okay."

"I should have confessed before you did. I should've!"

"Hitomi, don't beat yourself up. I told you about kissing Lisa because I don't want any secrets between us, not because I feel guilty. It's not the end of the world, girl. We've kissed other people. That's not cheating."

"But I'm such a coward-"

"-Oh, honey. You're not a coward! I'm naturally very confrontational. You are not. That's all that is.

"Let's move on right now, ne?"

Hitomi looked deep into my eyes as I wiped her face. She gave me a small smile. "Okay," she said softly.

"Good," I said, squeezing her and giving her a quick kiss. "You said 1845? I'll try to hurry. I'm going to whip up a diversionary measure, for if we get into a tight spot."

"Will we have time to do each other's hair if you do that?"

"I think so, if we're not going to get too elaborate."

"While you're building that, I'll go through this recording again, to see if I can figure out anything else about the vessel we'll be visiting."

20 minutes later, I had a tiny "shrieker" that I could plant and activate with a simple gesture. I came up to Hitomi and rubbed her shoulders. "I'm done. Any luck?"

"I don't know. Does this make sense? It's a bad angle and the floor is really shiny, so it's hard to tell: but there may be scratches here," she continued, pointing. "So we can assume that the vessel's not meant for hauling large cargo like it has recently."

I looked closely at the magnified image. "You could be right; in fact, I'll bet you are right."

"I finally contributed something!"

"Hey, you always contribute," I told her. "Shall we get ready for dinner?"

"Sure." She stood. We looked at each other for a long minute. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I told her.

We came to dinner with matching "pinned-up" hairstyles and pearl earrings. I wore "Peacock;" she wore "Colt," a cute suit with a short-shorts-style bottom that made her butt look scrumptious. It covered her more than "Robin," my most conservative suit, but it was still very sexy. I admit I was pretty occupied with my plans and concerns about tonight, but it seemed that the evening meal went pretty smoothly. Hitomi got along with Lisa very well, despite what I'd told her.

Why am I such a forward person? I couldn't stand to leave the kisses unmentioned; we were all thinking about them on some level. We finished the main course and were started on dessert when I ran out of patience. "Um, girls?" I said. "Could I say something? Lisa and I kissed today and I know Tina and Hitomi have kissed. I don't see anything wrong with that, so can we clear the air about it?"

My three companions looked very embarrassed. "Leifang...nothing ever goes unsaid when you're around, does it?" Tina moaned.

"So I'm talking too much?" I asked smoothly, smiling at her. I stood and took her hand. The tall blonde took my cue and stood as well. I enjoyed the puzzled look on her face for a second. "Some things need to be said. And some done."

Luckily, she was wearing thin-soled sandals and I had on my high heels. I swept her into a kiss. She was too surprised to get involved properly, so I drew back. "You can do better than that," I teased and let my mouth meet hers again. And she did do better! We kept it lips only, but she and I got a good taste of each other.

Lisa and Hitomi were looking at us in bewilderment (they looked a little jealous too) when we separated and faced them. "Well, come on!" I said, relishing their expressions as they looked even more confused. "It's your turn."

pacifist91w
pacifist91w
114 Followers
12