Forty Fucking Years Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On a flight back from Asia in the early summer the plane was diverted to the southern route because of turbulent weather over the northern route. Catt had an unexpected layover in the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport so the flight crew could get their mandated rest -- screw the passengers who wanted to get to their final destination. She snagged a hotel room at one of FBO's affiliated hotels and settled in for some catch up sleep, where she descended into the bizarre world of dream sleep, she was held captive completely inside it.

Her internal clock was still on Far-East time and she rattled around the hotel room wide awake in the wee hours of the night. Spontaneously, without considering her actions, she placed a call to Tom at his office; she left a message trying to not sound too horny for him, but conveying why she had called -- and where she was staying. It was early in the morning and Catt had given up on sleep so she ordered room service knowing that she would be stuck in Dallas until late afternoon when her flight was scheduled to depart for Washington Dulles.

The breakfast dolly had just arrived when the phone rang. Catt's heart skipped a beat as she picked up the handset, "Hello?"

"Catt, where are you? How long are you here?" Tom seemed energized to know she was close by, near to him.

"Tom! I'm here at the airport, in the hotel, an unexpected layover. I just needed to hear your voice and to say 'hello' to you. I miss you! We haven't talked in a while..." Catt realized she sounded over wrought with emotion and she took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Catt, let me clear off my desk and then I can drive out to the airport. We can meet, where are you staying. How long will you be here? Gawd, I have missed you... uh... missed talking with you!"

She smiled, knowing how much she had missed him too.

They did a quick reconnoiter of their respective locations and time schedules, agreeing to meet at the hotel, for an early lunch in a couple of hours.

Catt cleared away a few business phone calls, then she jumped in the shower, shampooed, shaved her legs and arm pits and primped herself to meet Tom. Her clothes were wrinkled and grungy, but a quick iron and a little eau d' toilette did the trick. Catt realized that she had butterflies in her stomach and her lady-parts were moist with arousal, she was so excited to see Tom again -- about to be physically in the same space with him. But she cautioned herself not to over anticipate this spur-of-the-moment reunion. They were just friends. But, maybe, sometimes they could be friends with benefits.

Catt sat on a barstool, facing away from the entranceway, but she saw Tom's reflection in the mirror behind the bar as he entered the lobby and anxiously looked around for her. She smiled -- he seemed excited to see her again.

She spun around on the stool and waved her hand in his direction in order to catch his eye. Their eyes met and both smiled. Catt noticed immediately Tom had a bulge which seemed to be trying to climb free of his pants as it pushed against the zipper. Their intimate hug of greeting confirmed Tom had a very stiff erection -- he was very happy to see her.

Tom's hands instinctively went to Catt's ass and he squeezed her ass-cheeks in a quick, flirty greeting as he pulled her into him -- pelvis to pelvis. He looked into her eyes and leaned in for a light, chaste kiss on her lips -- as if he was simply greeting his sweet granny. He held her by the shoulders and pushed her gently away - giving her an approving appraisal from head to toe.

"You look wonderful, Catt! Your new job must agree with you. I am so glad to see you! What a wonderful surprise!"

She returned the compliments, but her eyes lingered on his crotch as she offered, "You're looking good yourself, hot stuff! Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Catt repeated the infamous Mae West line with a twinkle in her eye and a sexy smile on her face.

Tom blushed slightly with embarrassment, but he had to smile, realizing that Catt had taken notice.

"Yep, I'm always... uh... packing heat... for you, ma'am." He arched an eyebrow looking at her with a slight leer in his expression. "I don't suppose you know how to properly hold, or discharge a gun." Tom stared intently into her eyes.

"Oh, don't be too sure of that, sir. I'm really good with certain weapons... I can make them go bang really fast." At which point Catt started to giggle at their pun-filled repartee and Tom gathered her into his arms giving her another hug of appreciation at her many, many talents.

"Enough with these silly games! Take me to your room and let me ravish you with hugs and kisses and... oh, so much more!" Tom grabbed her hand and tugged Catt toward the elevator bank in the lobby.

"I thought we were just meeting for a quick lunch, Tom." She pulled off the remark with aplomb - surprise along with a shocked facial expression, but secretly Catt was thrilled that Tom wanted to intimately, physically be with her again.

Catt felt her shoulder being shaken as she mumbled expressions of adoring lust and love for Tom. She kept trying to wrap her arms around him -- to reach for him -- but something kept slipping between them....

"Miss Hogan! Miss Hogan -- wake up! We are beginning our descent into Dulles!" The flight attendant was briskly shaking Catt's shoulder to awaken her. The business class cabin was full and her seatmate, a middle-aged Taiwanese man was blushing in embarrassment -- some feat for an Asian gentleman!

Catt was embarrassed too. She realized quickly that the attendant was prodding her awake because of her amorous moaning and groaning, she had been having a very sexy, and quite vivid dream about Tom. She thanked the attendant and apologized to her seatmate as she straightened her clothes and went to the lavatory to splash some water on her face and freshen up.

Catt stared into the lavatory mirror as she combed her hair and realized it had all been a dream -- the layover, she in Tom's arms making love. The dream had seemed so very real! She so fervently wished it had been!

A very surprising development...

Tom and Catt tried to reconnect by phone as often as possible, but, in the pre-cellphone era, with her overseas travel and his very hectic life of construction work and raising a family on a ranch in the middle of Texas, it didn't happen as often as they might have liked. Her recent trips to the far-east had been long because she was under the gun to finish the two hotel restaurant projects currently on her plate in order to move on to a new assignment in the Caribbean.

Catt sat in her office in Washington lost in the details of a faxed multipage punch-list - or corrections still needed - for the commercial hotel kitchen in Japan. When the phone rang she pulled the handset to her ear rather robotically, "Lo..." Catt stated in a disinterested tone of voice.

"Hi there - sexy lady! Whatcha doing?" Tom's voice was upbeat and provocative.

"Well, hello there Handsome! Nice to hear your sexy voice!" Catt was practically purring with warmth.

"Got a few minutes to talk?"

"Sure, what's up with you?" She asked.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be out of a job real soon. The construction company has been sold and there won't be any room for me in the new organization. So I'm putting out feelers... and I thought I would like to... feel you up." He said the words with a husky tone in his voice. It gave Catt an instant spot of moisture in her panties as she chuckled at his clever word-play.

"Seriously, Catt -- I wanted to touch base with you, to ask that you keep me in mind if you hear of any supervisory job openings in your company. I'd hate to leave Texas, but I have to be realistic, the recession has hit this part of the country pretty bad, and it's really slow coming back. I need to put food on the table -- lots of mouths to feed, if you know what I mean." It was hard on Tom to ask a favor of Catt, but she had connections to good paying jobs in an industry that needed experienced construction supervisors.

Catt was quiet for a moment as she considered several options. Finally, she offered, "Tom, I might very well have a couple of leads for you. Would you consider an overseas assignment? Or do you want strictly domestic? An overseas posting would probably be quite readily available, with your experience, and the pay and bennies are pretty great too."

"No, no Catt -- I don't think so. Giselle and I have discussed it, and she wants the kids state-side and so, no. I might be able to do some overseas travel, but not a foreign posting assignment."

They discussed some of the other options: a government contractor assignment - possible positions in GSA, DOD and so forth. She told him she had a few contacts she'd be happy to call on his behalf. And as long as the option of either a direct hire, or contract employee was agreeable there was some flexibility too.

They discussed timelines and other possible options for a career change and Catt promised to stay in touch with Tom as she culled ideas and pulled in some favors for her friend.

The personnel division of FBO Headquarters US division in northern Virginia was just down the hall from Catt's office. She had worked with some of the folks when staffing the two kitchens she had already built out in Asia, so Catt approached them for guidance. She also placed a few discreet phone calls to friends as well as a couple of business contacts.

During her really hectic days at work Catt found her mind sliding over to thoughts about Tom and Giselle possibly moving to Washington -- she wasn't sure how she felt about it. On one level having Tom closer, where she might see him more regularly -- just as a good friend, of course -- was a wonderful possibility. However, neither was she at all sure how she might feel seeing his marriage to Giselle 'up close and personal.' Catt liked Giselle and believed that they had a good albeit casual relationship but....

A couple of weeks later, one of Catt's colleagues in the international division of the design and construction branch called her about an architectural design problem for the new hotel in the Cayman Islands -- the kitchen design layout had created a structural problem with the layout for the lobby and poolside restaurant. They agreed to meet to resolve it.

Matt Henderson, who had recruited Catt, happened to join the meeting, which gave her an opening to discuss Tom's employment search as well as his qualifications. She mentioned him casually: if you know of anyone... he is well qualified. Matt agreed to take a look at Tom's resume, but no promises.

*****

Catt was pleasantly surprised when Tom called to tell her that Matt had indeed followed up with him and he and Giselle would be coming to Washington for a preliminary interview and a look around the area for a possible home relocation -- schools especially. That was a subject upon which Catt couldn't really offer input, nor could she offer constructive advice on the merits of living in Maryland over Virginia, or vice versa. She was a city dweller -- had been ever since she moved to Washington almost fifteen years earlier.

Catt realized that the polite thing to do, would be to invite Tom and Giselle to stay at her house, but the idea was fraught with internal conflict for her. Having Tom again, under her roof, but this time sleeping down the hall -- with his wife -- caused her major angst. She knew, for all the right reasons, it must be done. So she extended the invitation -- and it was quickly accepted.

*****

Many years later Catt would reflect on those days hosting Tom and Giselle in her home -- she always enjoyed entertaining, and especially houseguests, which gave her an opportunity to use her culinary skills for in-house meals. But these guests were different -- one had been her lover for a fabulous, lost weekend in this same house, and the other... was his wife.

Catt was simultaneously working on the new Cayman assignment before she left for the islands to begin the on-site development work, so she decided they would eat out for dinner, but she would prepare something simple and tasty for breakfast. It also, would be quite different than the previous visit when Tom didn't get any breakfast at all in her kitchen! But that would be between them.

As Catt unpacked groceries, and arranged a tray of hors d' oeuvres, the doorbell rang causing her wine glass to almost slide from her very nervous hand. Butterflies were fluttering in her tummy -- she was about to see Tom again. Nervous was the watch-word of the day.

The two women greeted each other enthusiastically: Catt welcomed them into her home, and Giselle gratefully thanked her for making room for Tom and her to stay. Tom uncomfortably stood behind his wife with the classic deer-in-the-headlights expression on his face -- not at all sure how this visit would evolve. Suddenly he was quite worried with the reality of his wife and paramour in the same room at the same time.

Mr. and Mrs. Sanford were settled into the guest room, down the hall from Catt's bedroom. She left them to freshen up while she finished making the hors d' oeuvres downstairs in the kitchen, and opened a bottle of wine. When Tom appeared in the kitchen a few minutes later, he asked if she had any bourbon -- he needed something stronger than wine. She smiled, and realized he was as nervous as a whore in church! She was practically giddy to have Tom physically close to her again, even if she knew she couldn't touch him, he was still under her roof -- and she could smell his aftershave waft across the room as he moved around the kitchen!

The three people took their drinks and munches into the living room to discuss the plans for the two-day visit. Tom would be headed to his meeting/interview first thing in the morning and Giselle would be meeting with a real estate agent and, hopefully scour some neighborhoods for schools, shopping and so forth. Catt hadn't offered to help with that process, thoughtlessly as she considered it, but an acquaintance in Texas had put them in touch with a real estate colleague from the same company, in the metropolitan area, who would be contacting them during the evening. It seemed well organized.

Catt did a quick switch of plans and announced that they would stay in for dinner, so the call wouldn't be missed, and headed for the kitchen to fix a spur-of-the-moment feast. She left Tom and Giselle to talk in the living room, but eventually they joined her to help with the dinner preparations. Giselle was a great assistant in the kitchen. She helped set the table as well as prepare a salad. Tom tried to stay out of the line of fire with the two women busily preparing the food, so he kept refreshing his bourbon nervously while he stayed in the corner -- mostly listening to their conversation.

Catt answered Giselle's questions about living in the Washington area as they prepped the meal together, eventually bringing a finished platter of roasted chicken and fresh veggies to the table. The three people continued they casual conversation as they ate. It was a relaxed dinner, with good conversation over delicious food.

Giselle graciously offered to do the kitchen clean-up while Catt and Tom sat in the living room and casually discussed the corporate structure where she worked. In addition, Catt gave him some tips about the culture of the organization. It was agreed she would drive him to headquarters in the morning much faster and easier than negotiating an unfamiliar Beltway at rush hour. Right on time, the call came from the real estate contact and the plans were firmed up for all three of them for the next day's very busy schedule. Catt thanked Giselle for the kitchen clean-up and gave her a key, in the event she got home before them the next day. They would rendezvous at the house at the end of the day.

Catt heard the murmur of conversation between husband and wife in the guest room - she couldn't hear what was being said and she was glad. The realization that she was jealous of Giselle shocked her, but Catt wanted to be the one whispering sweet nothings in Tom's ear.

Catt lay in bed for a long time that night thinking about Tom, having him so close -- just a few steps down the hall -- with his wife. She tossed and turned for a time before she could get comfortably settled, not in her bed, but rather in her mind. She felt an arousal of lust as well as caring for Tom that surprised her. But Catt was smart enough to realize she was standing on a very slippery ledge and one bad move would be disastrous for her, for all of them. She needed to watch her step very carefully.

Catt awoke in the wee hours of the night from a vivid technicolor dream; she had the fingers of one hand vigorously manipulating the puckered bud on one breast while her other hand, slick with her own juices, was exploring her lady parts with a finger inserted in her vagina -- rhythmically pumping herself to sexual release. She had been vividly dreaming it was Tom arousing her with his fingers and tongue. She wondered if Tom was having any similar sexy desires -- if so, she presumed he would turn to Giselle for relief. Catt stared at the ceiling for a long while wondering how she had allowed herself to arrive at this very complicated predicament.

The slope gets slippery...

The remainder of the Sanford's trip to Washington had been productive. Giselle and Tom determined that living in Virginia would be preferable, therefore she had concentrated her real estate search there. Tom's interview process appeared to have gone quite well. Catt was very busy getting her architectural drawings and specs finalized for an orientation trip to Cayman to see the project under construction and to get a visual on the commercial kitchen space.

The hostess and her two guests rendezvoused, at the end of the day and provided an update on the successes of their various activities. There was a strong indication that an employment offer would be forthcoming so, all systems were go. The trip from Texas had been successful. Catt was pleased with the results of helping her friend, Tom. She couldn't imagine there would be any possible consequences.

*****

Catt fell in love with the Cayman Islands. The lush tropical island, with friendly Caymanians who had a laid back attitude and a ready smile, was truly a paradise she fervently wished she could share with 'a special someone.' Maybe someday -- if she was lucky! Her on-site work progressed quickly, however with corrections and changes required, Catt would need to make additional trips to the island until the resort was open several months hence. On her return to Washington, Catt was energized with her current assignment, but felt an overwhelming loneliness when she entered her own, very quiet, empty house. The very corners of every room were filled with memories of Tom -- she even sensed that she could still smell his aftershave in the guest bathroom. She missed him being close to her.

A few days later, a call rang through to Catt just at quitting time. It was Tom.

"Hi there, Kitty Catt! How was your trip to George Town? Do you like the Island? I've never been there."

"Hi, yourself! Great to hear from you! Trip was business, but yeah -- loved the island -- will be going back a few more times before this project is done. Have you heard anything about your interview?"

"Yes, I have. First, who do I call to get my travel reimbursement resolved? The cut me a check for some guy named Sandy Sanford -- what the hell? Not sure I want to work for your organization if they can't even get my name right!" Tom was only half kidding; it had unnerved him that a straightforward travel reimbursement would -- right out of the gate -- get screwed up. And these people were prospective employers.