Forty isn't Old if You're a Tree Ch. 01

Story Info
Julie hates Jolene.
6.3k words
4.08
66.7k
19

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 01/08/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you two just stop!" Julie Cameron shouted at her kids. Fifteen-year-old Holly and thirteen-year-old Mike hadn't been in the car more than five minutes and already they were picking at each other.

"She started it!" Mike used the worn-out phrase common to all sibling fights.

"If you weren't being such a dork and making those stupid faces, I wouldn't have said anything," Holly replied.

"If you grew some boobs, maybe you'd have a boyfriend and you'd get a ride home with him." Mike cut back at his sister.

"Mom!"

Julie looked in the mirror at her two kids behind her and the two kids in the third seat who belonged to her best friend, Ann. Why couldn't hers behave like Ann's?

"Mike, you apologize to your sister. I never had a lot on top until after I had you two, and I got your dad for a boyfriend." Yeah, Julie thought. After eighteen years of marriage my 'boyfriend' doesn't even remember I'm alive most days.

That wasn't completely true. Every Saturday night he remembered. They had been together long enough that he knew exactly which buttons to push and where. They both went to sleep satisfied, but there was a sameness to it, no spark of joy anymore, more like masturbating on each other. He used to remember at least once, maybe twice during the week, too. Over the past year those times had become fewer and fewer. All he seemed to do was work and watch TV.

In truth, she hadn't been pushing for it either. At forty she felt like an extension of her computer at work, a short order cook at home, and a taxi driver in between.

Did she have as many activities after school when she was growing up? Of course, she and Michael had been told if Holly and Mike wanted to get into a good college, they needed a lot of activities on their application. She didn't know what she'd do without Ann. They swapped off driving days, Ann picking up the kids Monday and Wednesday. Julie took advantage of flextime at her office to get out early and pick them up Tuesday and Thursday. Friday was a toss-up. If Mike had a basketball game or Holly an after-school activity, then usually she and Michael would both take off a little early and go to it. Michael hadn't made many of them since Christmas. About half the time, she had been forced to call some other parent to get one of the kids at one game while she picked up the other.

She felt she was being ground down by work, housework, and chauffeur duties. None of the three closest people in her life seemed to treat her as a human being with feelings.

"Oh, alright. I'm sorry," Mike said. But he stuck his tongue out at Holly.

*

Meanwhile, Michael Cameron, Julie's husband, was having his own problems. "George, I've got to get that part in here fast. How are we going to bring the new line up if we can't encapsulate the transformers? We're supposed to start production on the fifteenth and we haven't even done enough to set QA tolerances."

"Well, if Bill had specified a heavier gauge steel to start with the damn thing wouldn't have bent and we'd be making test runs today. It'll be here Friday morning -- the best I can do."

"Just keep on top of it and make sure it doesn't slip to Monday." He sighed as he put the phone down.

Where the fuck had those bright boys upstairs gotten the idea that this plant ought to introduce four new product lines this year? The three years previous since he had been promoted to manager for new product production, they had done about one a year. In June before this fiscal year started they saw the economy slowing so they threw a dart and came up with four. If he missed any date by even one week, his bonus would be reduced, much less any chance at superior performance and the double bonus that came with it. He and Julie counted on those bonuses for the kids' college funds.

He hadn't told her about the changes in the bonus plan. He didn't want to worry her. He put in longer hours and was tired when he got home, so he didn't want the hassle of explaining. He figured before Christmas he had averaged 50 hours per week. Now he was averaging above 60, showing up every Saturday and some Sundays.

The number of hours plus the stress of the goals was wearing him down physically. His performance in the bedroom suffered. Julie and he still made love on Saturdays, but far fewer times during the week than before. It didn't seem to bother Julie. She used to initiate things once or twice a month, but since her birthday in November, he couldn't remember her starting anything. Did women start menopause this early? Was she not interested anymore?

Maybe she had never been that interested. Oh, she enjoyed it. He was sure of that. Over the years, they had settled on him performing oral on her, usually getting her to orgasm, her licking and sucking sometimes on him. If he came while she was sucking (he couldn't remember the last time that happened), she treated it as a mistake on her part and would spit it out. After oral he would get on top or sometimes she on top. Most of the time she came again before he let himself go.

But whenever he suggested something new, she didn't want it. He remembered one vacation to the mountains. The kids were still small enough that they could be put in a separate, connecting room. Their room had a balcony. After they both showered, they had gone onto the balcony and cuddled under a full moon shining down on the valley. She was in a nightgown and he in his boxers. They had necked for a few minutes on that third-floor aerie, but when he tried to get her to straddle him and make love, she was afraid someone would see and insisted they go inside.

When they had first been married, they had christened every room in the house, even on the hood of the car in the garage. Now, however, even when the kids were at the grandparents or on sleepovers, she was worried about the couch covers and only made love in bed. Well, he supposed every couple slowed down sometime.

*

The last Friday in February, they both got to the first game of Holly's soccer season. Julie watched as Michael enjoyed himself. Holly scored twice to give them all a thrill. She noticed Michael was getting an extra thrill from that big-boobed Jolene flirting with him. He was lapping up every word the redhead said to him.

Even with a sweater on, Julie could tell that Jolene hadn't put on an extra pound since college. Her waist was trim and her butt looked firm. In contrast Julie had added 10 pounds, well, maybe 15, to the 120 she weighed when she graduated from college. She couldn't remember the last time she had worked out.

"Don't worry about it."

"What?" Julie turned to Ann whose daughter, a year younger than Holly, was also on the team. She had known Ann since junior high. They had told each other the first time a boy groped their boobs. They had shared again when they each lost their virginity (the night of the Junior Prom, coincidentally). Now they could often complete each other's sentences.

"I know she's divorced and on the prowl, but I hear she has a younger stud in the stable. And I've known you and Michael forever. He'd never wander in a million years."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it seems like lately we've been sort of stale. Maybe he's going for something fresh."

"Well, she may look fresh after her ex paid for the facelift, but I bet it smells like fish anyway." They both laughed, but Julie could see Michael smiling and animated.

Michael WAS enjoying himself. He knew Jolene was flirting. She would occasionally touch his arm to emphasize her words. He flirted right back, touching her shoulder when he pointed out something on the field. It felt good to have a different pretty woman obviously enjoying his company.

"Oh, look, Holly stole the ball," Jolene exclaimed. She grabbed his arm and also leaned against him, looking across his body. When the breakaway was over, she rotated back into a normal stance, but Michael felt both boobs rubbing across his arm.

Well, it didn't hurt to fantasize about having a lot more than a mouthful to nibble on, Michael thought. He looked at the auburn curls below his chin and wondered what shade of red the hair was on her pussy.

Holly's team won and the whole team plus parents and coaches went out for pizza. Since they had two cars to drive, Michael ended up arriving five minutes later than Julie. When he walked inside he saw that Julie was already buried among a gaggle of mothers, so he sat with the dads reviewing the spectacular plays of their offspring. Julie left with the children as the bill was being divided.

When Michael got home, he walked into the kitchen to give Julie a kiss. She turned her cheek for the kiss instead of kissing him on his lips. What had he done wrong, now?

The air was still frosty in the house after the kids had gone to bed. "Honey, is something bothering you?" Michael tentatively asked.

"I saw you flirting with Jolene today!"

"I wasn't flirting with her. We were just talking."

"It wasn't just talking. I saw her rubbing against you. I hope she is on the Pill. She could get pregnant talking like that!"

"Aw, come on. You're making way too much of this. Yes, she was friendly, but just like any other parent at the game. I'm not trying to get laid in front of you."

"But you would try if I weren't around?"

"No! You know what I mean. I'm not looking to have an affair. I'm perfectly happy with what I have right here." He moved to embrace her.

Julie pushed him away. "Don't hug me when I can still smell her perfume on you." That wasn't the truth, but she was mad.

Julie was still cool on Saturday morning and when she came to bed that night she was wearing her cotton flannel pajamas. Michael knew what that meant -- No sex tonight, buster.

*

Monday mid-morning Julie was called to her boss's office. "Julie, they're ready for you to go to Atlanta to test and learn the new accounting software next week. It'll be for the whole week. Is that going to be okay? I can push it back a week if this is too short a notice."

"No, no, Steve. Let me check with Michael real quick, but we've been planning for this since you warned me the first of the year."

The following Sunday afternoon, Julie drove Michael's Civic to the airport. After all, Michael would need her minivan for taxi duties this week. Julie was not feeling good. She was right at the end of her period, but was still experiencing some of the effects. "I'm glad today is the last day," she thought. "I'll be feeling better tomorrow when I'm at Corporate."

In the boarding area she noticed a guy, perhaps six feet tall, medium build, not unattractive. He was Bob Shelton, head of the Receivables group for the region. He was also going to Atlanta to test the new software. She didn't know him that well. He had been promoted to the regional position from a position at one of the larger stores early last fall.

"Ready to have a great week in Atlanta?" She dropped into the seat next to Bob.

"As ready as ever to spend a week cooped up in a hotel room in a strange city without any friends."

"Yeah, I hate being away from my family, too."

"I'm recently divorced so I don't have any family and because of my move, no friends, but I'm much happier at home."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Well, I don't go around broadcasting the news. It was an amicable separation, no kids. We just grew apart as the cliché goes."

"But still, a bachelor in town for, what, six months, eight months, you must have some girls on the line."

"Well, the divorce was amicable, but not peaceful, at least to me. I guess I'm still a little once-bitten-twice-shy. I've been to some clubs and more than a few bars, but no one has clicked, yet."

"I'm sure you'll find someone soon." Just then they were called to board

After they got to the hotel, Bob suggested that they have dinner together. Julie agreed to meet him in the restaurant once she had freshened up.

After she unpacked, Julie decided to call Michael and let him know she had arrived. "Hey! How's it going?"

"No problems on this end."

"Did you and the kids like the spaghetti sauce I made for you?"

"Since it was Sunday and we'd have to clean up, I took them out to Hamburger Joe's. We all played some games and had fun. We'll have the spaghetti later in the week."

"I bet the kids enjoyed that." I made dinner for you to have and you couldn't even muster the effort to stick the plates in the dishwasher afterwards? You never do things like that for me.

"Oh yeah. Mike beat everybody and even Holly beat me."

"Poor dad."

"Yeah. How was your flight?"

"Not bad …" When they finished talking it was time for Julie to meet Bob for dinner.

Over dinner Julie discovered that Bob had been in the Army for six years. His postings in Korea and Germany had allowed him to travel to many foreign countries. He told her several stories of misadventures caused by his confusion or misunderstanding of the local populace.

"So the day showed what idiots Americans are." Bob was relating an anecdote from his trip around Australia. "First I have to get a Park Guide to point out a koala bear and then I nearly freeze my you-know-what off watching the Fairy penguins swim out of the sea and run to their burrows."

"You are so lucky to have traveled all over the world. I always wanted to travel, but with saving for the kids' college and our retirement, the most exotic place we've ever been is Virginia Beach."

"Well, it's been a few years since my college days, but I remember Virginia Beach as having some exotic night life and exotic sights on the beach."

"That's the other problem with going to the beach. I can't compete with those college girls any more. Michael's eyes bug out at some of the suits they wear, or almost don't wear as the case may be."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Even in college I was never a fan of a skinny ass. Forgive my French."

"Well, skinny is an adjective that my husband quit using a long time ago. Definitely after our second child."

"Skinny is overrated. Adult men want a real woman not an adolescent girl. I mean we want something to hold onto and caress in bed." He stopped for several seconds. "Do you know that on certain Polynesian islands a female couldn't even get married until she'd born a child? They thought having children made women more attractive, just like you."

Bob stopped suddenly and blushed. He didn't want to offend a co-worker by hitting on her, but she was really attractive and fun to be with. He couldn't help flirting.

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking to you this way. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Julie smiled. "Bob, you aren't making me uncomfortable. You are doing wonders for my ego. But two drinks is usually my limit and combined with the travel today, I think it's time to turn in."

"Julie, I've enjoyed dinner with you. I think it's going to be an easy week if our whole team is as fun to be with. I'll see you about 8AM and we'll walk over to the office, or do you want to meet for breakfast?"

He was being so sweet to her. "I'll skip breakfast. I've got to get my forty winks every night; most nights I try for forty-one or forty-two. I'll meet you here at eight to walk over to the office. I've enjoyed dinner, too."

*

Monday evening, Julie was on her second drink. She and Bob had had dinner with Joe and Fred from Nashville and Jim and Walt from New Orleans. They had spent all day testing the accounting software and were relaxing after dinner.

"Before we were married, my ex- was an angel. Even at the end she was still angelic. Always harping on something."

Julie and the whole table cracked up. Bob was so funny. All six of them got along well. They had divided up the test routines that morning without any arguing and things had gone smoothly if not always correctly. After dinner it had seemed right to continue into the bar for some more drinks and conversation.

Julie was having such a good time that it seemed natural to have a third drink and continue the camaraderie of the testing team. Fred started relating a vet story as Bob turned in his seat next to Julie. Julie felt a little surge when his knee touched hers. She moved her leg away and turned to face Fred.

"Julie," Bob started. "My testing went so easily today. I don't have a lot to do tomorrow. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She turned back towards him, but she rotated too far because of her inebriation. Their knees touched again. She didn't move away from the warm feeling this time. "That's so sweet of you," she said placing her hand on his arm. "I've found several problems which have slowed up my testing. Maybe in the morning we can split up some of my tasks. You're sure you don't mind?"

"Not at all. I'd be happy to work with you." He was acutely aware of her hand on his arm and their knees touching. It had been so long since a woman touched him.

"Well, I'll see you at 8, then." She finished her drink and went back to her room. Time to call home.

Michael was tired. He had finally gotten the kitchen cleaned up and the kids off to bed. He hadn't heard from Julie today. She didn't travel much and she usually tried to call home each day she was away. As if on cue the phone rang. It was her cell number.

"Hello."

"Hi, honey. Howse yur day." Michael could tell from the way her words slurred that she'd had several drinks. He was sorry he wasn't there with her. Drinking always made her frisky.

"Boring, and without you here, not as enjoyable."

"Well, aren't you sweet? Let me put the phone on speaker." Pop. "There. You know I hate to hold that thing for long conversations."

"How did the testing go?"

"Well, as expected, we've found a lot of problems. But with six of us, we are checking out lots of things. My part, the tax functions haven't really been checked before so I expect a long week."

"There are six of you? Steve must be pulling his hair out with so many gone for a week."

"Oh, no. Only Bob Shelton and I from our office. There are two guys from Nashville and another two from New Orleans."

She continued to talk about her work and Michael listened, just happy to hear her voice. He heard some rustling in the background, a door opening and closing and some drawers being pulled and pushed. She began to run out of anecdotes about the day.

"Julie, what are you wearing?" He always liked to visualize what he had missed that day.

"I was wearing my khaki skirt and my gold paisley blouse. What are you wearing?"

"My boxers. I was getting ready for a shower. What are you wearing now?"

"You remember that naughty Mr. Claus left some champagne-colored panties in my stocking?"

"The lacy ones that are semi-transparent?"

"Yesss. Well, I bought a champagne-colored bra to go with them that is even more transparent. (hiccup)"

Visions of sugar plums, or maybe sugar-sweet strawberry nipples danced in Michael's head. Since she was tipsy, maybe she'd play a little. "I bet after a long day, though, you'd like to take your bra off."

"Honey, you're right." (Pause) "Oh, that feels a lot better. I wish you were here to rub my shoulders like you do sometimes. Perhaps rub out the strap marks, too. Oh, feels so good."

"Baby, is it cool in your room? Are your nipples standing up?"

"It is a bit chilly in here. Yes, they've perked right up. It's been too long since they've had attention from you. I can hardly wait until I get back home."

Michael's boxers were bulging out in front now. He reached down and pushed the waistband below his balls and grabbed hold. "Turn around honey so I can see your beautiful butt."

"Michael, it's more than I need back there."

"Babe, to me it's beautiful. Take your panties off now."

"Why, Michael, are you thinking naughty thoughts? I do need to get undressed for my shower. Wait a minute." (Pause) "There, I'm ready for my shower, now."

12