Freeing Kirsty Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Like what?"

"Like saying that my mother has learned to be difficult. I'm sure daddy and certainly I haven't ever considered her behavioral patterns operate in that way. Yet you're here for five minutes and you have her sized up."

"Kirsty, I'm sorry. I did not mean to be offensive or to put my mouth where it was not wanted."

"Merrick, I'm trying to say how right you are.

"She has grown into becoming a mother who is greatly more difficult and stubborn and critical about others – especially their behavior. She was not like this in her younger days, as I remember her. She really has learned to become more difficult."

"Well, if you're arrived at that conclusion, can you help your father to effect a reversal?"

"Oh Merrick, I really have no idea; I'm still getting use to having the problem identified."

"It's probably something lacking in the drinking water."

"Merrick, don't get started on that, please. It all becomes too weird for me when you get on to that hobby-horse.

"Now get into bed and say goodnight."

"Kirsty?"

"Y-e-e-s," Kirsty muttered. "Is it time to get up?"

"No, not at all. I've been lying here staring into the dark thinking. Now I'm worried. Will you promise me never to learn to be difficult."

"Merrick! Shut up and go to sleep. That's an order!"

"Yes, dear."

Five days later Kirsty was beside herself in excitement, her mother chiding her for acting like a brainless teenager.

They were at the airport to welcome visitors – Brian and Marg who were accompanied by Merrick's mother Linda, Brian's parents Alec and Mary and Merrick's daughter Bella and Brian's twin brother Stan and wife Gail. The Fallon's friends Murray and Shana McLean were also there as greeters as they were hosting some of the Raymond's.

Few parties in the crowded airport terminal received a nosier greeting that Brian and his party. Never had Merrick seen Kirsty so near to losing it. She and Marg flew into each other's arms, Brian and his mother kissed her and Alec pressed her and kissed her fully on the lips. Stan shook hands with her and Gail and she exchanged a polite kiss. That left Kirsty looking directly at a pale, shy twelve year old.

"Hullo," you must be Bella," Kirsty said, oblivious to the noise and heaving movement of bodies and luggage trolleys around them.

Kirsty held out her arms, bending low, but was disappointed when instead of running in Bella approached her hesitantly.

Holding back her tears Kirsty received a push from behind, with Mary Raymond advising, "Make the move – she's shy."

Unable to stop her momentum when still bending over – the push was quite forceful – Kirsty grabbed Bella in her arms as she staggered forward.

Bella looked startled and then caught Kirsty's huge smile, openness and a whiff of glorious perfume. The shyness disintegrated. She threw her arms around Kirsty, kissed her twice, then burrowing into Kirsty's hair whispered, "What do I call you?"

"What would you like to call me?"

"Kirsty."

"Ok. That's nice. You may call me Kirsty."

"All the time?"

"Yes."

"Kirsty. Kirsty. I am very happy to be with you Kirsty."

Kirsty's eyes watered but she held her composure. But Kirsty and Bella felt a soft hand on their back.

"Hello you guys, I see you've become acquainted."

"Oh daddy, oh daddy; she's lovely," cried Bella, now being held high and kissing her father.

"Well, was that surprising?"

"Nope. I knew you wouldn't choose a horrible stepmother for me."

"Oh, really. How nice of you to say that," grinned Merrick, in great tenderness watching Kirsty brush away tears.

Mary given Merrick a lovely greeting after Bella had dashed from her upon arrival to jump into her father's arms. Then Marg had given him the most surprising greeting, after kissing time very warmly had said to him softly, "I've missed you, I've missed you so much."

Merrick didn't reply; he didn't know what to say without sounding like an idiot.

That evening they all went out to dine with the McLean's who were hosting Alec, Mary, Stan and Gail.

Murray McLean had booked them into a restaurant at the northern end of the beach.

"I've heard it's great – specializes in fish so fresh that they have trouble keeping it in the pan for cooking," he said.

Brian and Merrick's mother looked squeamish, but Marg, feeding baby Avon a delayed bottle in the hope she'd go to sleep in her carry-cot, barred her teeth and growled, "Bring it on."

She'd going to be trouble tonight, thought Merrick, an accurate prediction as it happened, though really no fault of Marg's.

The City of Los Angeles has a population approaching four million, and one database lists 8550 restaurants of all categories. It was therefore reasonable for surprise to flash over the faces of Sam and Merrick, with an exchange of raised eyebrows, when they discovered the chosen restaurant was known to them. Their faces were expressionless, their eyes troubled as they entered Crystal and Coral's local restaurant.

Entering the restaurant at the rear of their big party, the two men looked around anxiously and then relieved: there was no sign of the two women.

"Highly unlikely they would eat here every night," Sam grinned, mopping his face.

"Ooh, what a nice atmosphere," Bess commented. Everyone eyed the portions of fishing nets attached to some of the walls and most of the ceiling and the walls were dotted with pictures of fish, fishing boats and fishermen.

They all sat around a big square table made up of normal tables. Although it was a traditional looking fish restaurant, patrons were seated comfortably in new age composite rounded-baked chairs with red cushions.

The music was live – a guitarist playing mostly classical Spanish music, though she did perform requests.

"I like this place – it feels so homely yet gives one an expectation of culinary delight," said Murray. "It apparently has a great reputation. What do you think, Sam?"

"Huh? White wine for Merrick and me and probably the others, and lots of it, thanks Murray. It's all fish here."

Sam winked at Merrick. Looking up he suddenly pulled a finger over his throat, frowning.

Casually turning looking mostly at the pictures on the wall, Merrick found himself looking directly at Crystal and Coral, both dressed in sheath dresses. They headed for their preferred table near the back of the room.

"Hello, Mr Fallon," Carol said as she passed Sam, her eyes raking Merrick.

"Oh, good evening Coral," Sam said, looking calm.

"Who's the pretty girl?" Bess asked curiously.

"She's a legal executive at our law office – I'm surprised she remembered our name," Sam replied smoothly.

Merrick was impressed. Sam had expressed himself fluently and with no stress in his voice. The use of 'our' in 'our name' was the masterful stroke of an artful cheat and liar.

"She had her eyes glued on you, boyo," Stan said.

Merrick was thankful that Kirsty was down the far end of the table where Stan's casual comment would have been drowned by the general hubbub of conversation and surrounding noise.

Merrick jumped when he felt fingers dig into his thigh. Bloody hell, Mary was attempting a re-run of what happened several years ago and was getting amorous already.

He turned. It was not his former mother-in-law sitting on that side of him; somehow Marg had changed places without Merrick noticing.

"I've REALLY missed you," she said, throatily.

Merrick decided it was time for a diversion.

"Sam, as I mentioned to you before Alec is big into golf and sailing, Stan is really into sailing, and they are hoping some opportunities will crop up for them during their stay."

"For Alec golfing is already organized," Sam grinned. "We start the day after tomorrow to let you get over flying and settling in to this new environment. One of my regular golfing buddies is standing down to allow you to play whenever we go out. I suggest we all for to 'Frisco after the wedding and those with sea legs can come out sailing for a day or two."

"Let's drink to that," called Alec, raising his glass and shooting a grateful look at Merrick.

The next time Merrick checked, Crystal and Coral, they had gone. They must have quietly skirted their table. Relieved, he felt he could now enjoy himself provided Marg behaved herself. He saw that her chair was empty – where was she?

Merrick looked around the table and around the room. He leaned over slightly to view the passage leading to the toilets and their caught the flash of Marg's bright green patterned skirt. But that's not all he saw! She was struggling with a man in black trousers and white shirt.

As Marg's head came into view again, Merrick saw the guy had a hand over her mouth. Obviously he was trying to rob, rape or possible kidnap her.

Merrick was sitting midway along the table. The quickest route was across it. The surprised face of Stan's wife Gail flashed beneath Merrick and he leaped straight on to the table and flew over her head in his dash to the corridor.

To Be Continued...