Frenemies

Story Info
Theo and Jonathan meet their mates.
18.3k words
4.75
23.4k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Hello Readers,

This is the FINAL STORY in the She Wolf Saga. This saga has been a labor of love for me. I wanted to write a nonhuman story where the characters overcame challenging odds. In my mind, I think these stories epitomize my vision.

From Nina being banned in Chapter one of She Wolf, to Gernick coming to terms with his sense of abandonment in Ivanovs, and even Kyra, Margaret, and Aria finding love, each character had their own journey. In Time for Truth, all of the elements come together and the young have a chance to grow up.

In this story, the final story, we conclude the saga with the babies at the beginning of it all. Please enjoy Frenemies.

***All characters are above the age of consent.***

Thank you all for reading and Andi, a special thanks to you for editing this tale. Andi, this story is dedicated to you. Enjoy.

*****

Prologue

In a land surrounded by mountains and deep forest, two small children met in secret. The girls were friends, best friends. They also knew something was wrong.

"Benita, Momma says we won't be gone long. When I come back, I will tell you about the vampires that I meet. OK." Six year old Vivian Valdemore promised her best friend.

Benita Wilmont nodded. Vivian was always traveling but this trip was different. She had to meet with the vampire council. The vampire council ruled all of the vampires in the world. Meeting with the council was a big deal.

The two were not supposed to be out this late so they had to hurry before their parents knew they were gone. Benita heard her brother calling. Vivian did also, and they knew they needed to go. The two girls hugged said their goodbyes.

"Vivian, be careful and come back soon." Benita whispered.

Vivian nodded. "I will, promise." Vivian was worried. Momma and Poppa talked and even though her brothers and sisters tried to pretend everything was normal. It was not. Vivian was scared.

"It's Ok, Viv. The grownups will fix it." Benita whispered to her friend.

"Your brother is here. You have to go and I need to get home, too. I'll let you know I'm home as soon as I get back." Vivian whispered as she hugged her friend.

Benita did not vocalize, but answered her mentally. Okay. I'll miss you.

Vivian smiled and answered, I'll miss you too. See you soon. Vivian vanished as Aaden entered the cave. He found Benita sitting crossed legged next to a small fire.

"Vivian went home?" He asked. Benita nodded.

Aaden sighed, "She is a good friend Nita, but never forget she is also vampire. Be careful, little sis, just be careful."

Eighteen Years Later

"What did you say to me bitch?" The she wolf growled as she faced her nemesis. The vampire she was addressing never took her eyes off of her enemy. Both girls matched each other in size and demeanor, one a brunette and one with deep auburn locks.

"You heard me. I thought dogs had a keen sense of hearing. Apparently you're defective." The young vampiress hissed. The two girls circled each other. A crowd gathered around ready for a fight. No one dared interfere. The vampires wanted the wolf put in her place, while the wolves that were present wanted to watch the vampiress get handed hers.

The she wolf scoffed at the carefully placed insult, she was about to reply when the vampire lurched forward grabbing her hair. The fight ensued.

Theo Loess and Jonathan Ivanov shared a look. They were security for one of the biggest galas of both vampire and wolf kind. Jonathan sighed; here he was, eldest son of one of the most powerful vampires alive, with his best friend who was from one of the most prominent wolf packs in the world and they were basically baby sitters.

Sighing, the two young men moved to intervene. The fight had escalated and the girls were now locked together. The she wolf was about to shift, and the vampire had revealed her fangs.

Jonathan grabbed the vampire and Theo grabbed the wolf. The girls were strong but the young men separated them. Others were gathered around and the crowd began to dwindle, when Theo and Jonathan took both girls to their office.

Two more security officers joined them. The girls continued yelling insults at each other. They made them sit apart and both males groaned.

Theo can you smell that? Jonathan sent as he was bombarded by the sweet smell of gardenias. He realized his brother was silent as well as he stared at the gorgeous female that was now wrapped in a thin blanket. Having shifted back, she now needed new clothes. Her scent, lavender entranced Theo.

Jonathan faced the female vampire and she hissed at him. "No, the fates are wrong. I am never going to marry a book worm like you, Jonathan Ivanov."

"Well, Vivian, I must agree with you. I'd rather be alone with my books than be the husband of a she devil like you."

She gasped. On the other side if the room, Theo had a similar problem. "You're stupid. That vampire will turn on you. They have no honor. I don't see how you and your family can trust them."

Theo sighed and rolled his eyes. MINE, MINE, MINE! His wolf chanted. The fates had to be wrong. How could they give him and his best friend and blood brother mates that hated each other so much? They not only hated each other but the entire other species.

Theo smiled much to Benita's annoyance. "Benita, beautiful, I'm sure the you think you know what you are talking about, but insult my pack and you will have a new enemy."

Benita gasped. Her wolf growled. Theo Loess, lover of those vile vampires could not be her mate. She gasped, and Theo knew she recognized him. This beautiful, angry she wolf that hated everything vampire was his mate.

Both girls looked across the room and glared at each other.

Benita was silent. Vivian stopped taking as well. A female guard took control and addressed the females. Theo and Jonathan left the girls with the other security officer and reported back to their post. Both young men were silent. Their mates were enemies. They had their work cut out for them. Half an hour later both young women returned to the gala. They took great pains to avoid each other.

Benita

Benita Wilmont was seven when the vampire council rescinded their decree that protected them from attack from vampires. At first, she did not understand until her brother came home hurt one night. He got into a skirmish with two male vampires and they beat him mercilessly.

Momma and Poppa questioned him and he confessed that he and Declan, his best friend, often attacked the vampires. However tonight they fought back. Benita hid in her room and listened. Three days ago, Vivian came back and said the council made some new rules. She didn't know what exactly, but the grownups were happy.

The alpha called a meeting and Aaden and Declan were forced to stand in front of the room as he conducted the meeting. The wolves gasped as the alpha reported the news he had been informed of by the Alpha from America. Javon Loess called and told him the edict preventing vampires from fighting wolves had been changed.

He explained the reasons. Alpha Wallace was not a fan of vampires, but even he understood and agreed with their course of action. He developed a working relationship with the Valdemores. Some members of the pack had befriended the vampires. In an effort to cement a true relationship, the young were allowed to interact with them as well. However, he knew that something was going on with them.

He faced Aaden and Declan, slapping both boys. Ma and Pa cried. They knew how harsh Alpha Wallace could be. The alpha was disgusted. He accused them of being the ones that caused their sorrow to return. Now they must once again live in fear of the vampire attacking. Even if they did nothing wrong, the vampires could declare that they felt threatened.

Alpha Wallace faced both boys and decreed, "Since you were so eager to be big and bad, you are now officially assigned the post as watchers. If the vampires harmed another wolf, you two, Aaden and Declan, will be responsible." Declan cried openly, begging the alpha for mercy. Alpha Wallace sneered at both boys, "Get out!" He growled.

Benita shuddered. Her brother, Aaden, cringed. He knew they went too far. How were they to know that the vampires changed their decree? He dropped his head and he and his friend were forced to move to the edge of the forest. He went home to pack. Ma and Pa were silent. Ma cried and Pa tried to look tough. Their son was essentially being exiled and it was because he was being an ass.

Benita held on to her brother, begging him not to go. Aaden hugged his kid sister and whispered. "It's because of them, Nita. Those evil vampires are to blame for this. Never trust them."

That was years ago and she never really forgot. Even though Vivian was her best friend, she became wary around her. Her brother had been sent away because of vampires. Even now years later, it seemed her brother seemed to speak the truth.

Time marched on and she and Vivian stayed friends. When they grew older, they began to pull away from each other. Benita hated remembering. She shook her head. Her long auburn locks swayed catching the glint from the moonlight.

Benita stood on the west terrace of the Valdemore estate. She had to admit, the Valdemores had a beautiful home. She recalled visiting when she was younger. She spent so much time here that the Valdemores actually had a room fixed just for her. She and Vivian planned all of their birthday parties and would create the invitations. They did not hate each other then. She was not sure when the hate started. But now, years later, it existed between them as a living and breathing being.

"Benita, sweetheart, you need to come inside. It's a lovely evening and you should be enjoying the dance." Francine Valdemore, Vivian's mother spoke to her. Francine had already been informed about the skirmish between the two girls. She recalled when they were younger, and best friends. One day they declared their friendship over and grew to despise each other.

However, Benita was always welcomed here and she would deal with Vivian.

Benita faced the beautiful woman that spoke to her. She wanted to hate all vampires, but she could not hate Mrs. Valdemore. Mrs. Valdemore was more than a vampire; she was like a Mom to her.

Benita smiled. "Mrs. V. I should have stayed home. Vivian is right. I don't belong here. I'll leave and go back home. I can call Aaden to take me."

"No, I promised Nora and Carl that you would stay at this gala. You and Vivian need to talk. It's been years and whatever happened between you needs to be dealt with. I know you don't want to talk to me, but you two will talk." Francine insisted.

Benita sighed. She didn't know why Vivian decided that one day she hated her. Aaden warned her not to trust the vampires, but she trusted Vivian. Then ten years ago, Vivian turned on her. They got into a fight. Vivian called her the vilest names and laughed at her as she cried. She even stepped over her and walked away with her new vampire friends. Francine knew, Benita was recalling the betrayal. She waited and hoped that maybe, Benita would share. She did not. Just like before, she kept it inside and stopped visiting. She stayed away until now, until the gala.

"I'm waiting. Come inside soon." Francine whispered and she left.

Benita closed her eyes. "You can talk to me about it. I'm told by many that I am a great listener." Theo whispered as he joined her on the terrace. Benita knew his voice. Her wolf prowled at the scent of their mate. He walked and stood beside her, and it took every inch of herself restraint not to just touch him.

"Are you serious? Why should I believe you? Not everyone is like you. You trust them, and they will turn on you." Benita hissed.

Theo waited. He ran his hand though his hair, dislodging the leather thong that held it in place. Benita held her breath. She saw him the moment he walked out. Her wolf was so close to the surface, it took all of her restraint to subdue the beast. Then Vivian walked out and glared at her. She knew that out of all other females she was the least welcomed. She should have left then, but she needed to see him.

The argument was her fault. She was careless. She wandered into the area where Vivian was entertaining her friends. She bumped into one of them causing her to spill her drink. Vivian called her a name and she retaliated.

She did not belong here. The truth was she really did not fit in anywhere. At home, she was on the last strike with her alphas. Her brother was now completely rogue and he asked her to join him but she was hesitant. His friends made her uncomfortable. A few years ago, Declan was killed and Aaden surrounded himself with guys from their pack that wanted to do whatever they wanted and not answer to anyone.

They leered at her, and when Aaden was not around, they tried to force themselves on her. Her brother taught her at a young age how to defend herself and in most situations, she held her own.

Last month, the alpha son accosted her as she tried to complete her duties and care for their animals. She fought him off. The healers said because of the blow she delivered, he might be infertile. He cried that she led him on, and Madam Alpha was furious. She demanded retribution so the Alpha said she may be banned if she did not find a mate. She knew sending her to this gala was her parents last hope of her finding a mate and settling down. Benita smiled. She met her mate but she feared he would see what everyone else saw when they looked at her. They would see a woman that was flawed and not worth the trouble to get to know.

"You can come home with me. I will take care of you." Theo whispered.

Benita wanted to accept him, but he would end up like everyone else. He would see that she was flawed and grow to hate her as well. The only ones that did not despise her were Ma, Pa, and Mrs. Valdemore. Why? She had no idea.

"Look, Theo. Go and find another bitch to claim. I don't want a weak man like you. You would never survive in the wilderness and I won't be tamed." Benita sneered and walked away.

Theo let her go. Something about her called to him. She was hurting, but she hid the pain. He turned to go back to his post when his wolf demanded that he follow her.She wants to be left alone. We must respect that. he explained. His wolf was not hearing it. His mate was hurting and she need him. His foolish human would go after her if he had to take control and make him. Finally, Theo sighed and obeyed the commands of his beast.

Vivian

Vivian Valdemore felt embarrassed. She knew she took things too far. Benita was not trying to offend anyone, she was simply wandering around. When she bumped into Uryia, she apologized immediately, and tried to fix her mistake. Honestly, Vivian had no real reason for insulting her.

This party was a big deal. Vampires and wolves from all over the world sent their children to different places in hopes that they would meet their mates. Last year, she traveled to Maui, but Benita did not come. Although her parents offered to cover her fees, but Benita's parents refused. This year, Mom insisted that she attend the gala at their home.

Once they were best friends. Then one day, the other vampire accused her of being a dog lover. She ignored them at first, and never said anything to Benita.

Then she met Boric. Boric was a staunch vampire. He detested wolves and any vampires that associated with them.

One evening, Benita saw her and ran to her greeting her with a hug while Boric watched. She shoved her to the ground. "You filthy mutt, how dare you accost me? I can have you murdered for even touching me. Keep your disgusting paws off of me!" she hissed.

Benita looked up at her. Tears spilled from her eyes, she asked "Why?" Vivian and her new friends laughed and stepped over her walking away. The truth be told, that incident hurt Vivian just as much, but she was vampire and had to be tough.

Benita got up off of the ground, hurt and confused. Vivian regretted her actions, but she had to push her away for good. She was vampire, and Benita was a dog. Vampires had no business befriending dogs.

On that fall day, she broke her friend's heart. Benita ran from them and Boric asked her out. That night, Vivian cried silently in her room. She closed off her bonds with Benita. She decided that she would be a true vampire and that meant not associating with wolves. For the next few years, Boric told her tales of how wolf blood tainted vampires, altered them. She was right to put that bitch in her place.

Others of her kind applauded her, and her popularity grew. Mother asked about Benita, and she said they were no longer friends. Eventually, her family forgot about her until now. Tonight she showed up as she entertained her friends. She made her look like a monster. She saw how Jonathan looked at her. He loathed her and honestly wanted nothing to do with her. It didn't matter. He was a wolf sympathizer and a geek. She didn't want a guy like him anyway. She crossed her arms and surmised to herself as she attempted to mask her hurt at the thought of his rejection.

Jonathan watched his mate. Like many of his kind, she was beautiful. However, she was so sold, and he would never want to bring someone like that into their family. He turned to leave when a voice stopped him.

"She has a good heart Jonathan. She has just lost her way. She and Benita were best friend when they were younger, much like you and Theo. I don't know what happened, but Vivian ended their friendship. Don't walk away, talk with her. Maybe you and Theo can help the two girls find their way back to each other." Dermic Valdemore explained. He knew his daughter was a mate to the young Ivanov. If Jonathan was anything like his father and uncles, then he was an honorable young man.

"Mr. Valdemore, she is so mean." Jonathan stopped. How could he address this girl's father without offending him?

"Go, talk to her." Dermic suggested.

Jonathan took a deep breath and walked into the garden where she was sitting. Vivian looked up. Her heart skipped a beat. He was so handsome, but he detested her. She understood. She hated herself as well.

"You know, you have the most beautiful eyes." Jonathan whispered.

Vivian rolled her eyes and faced him. "Look did my father send you out here. He's upset about poor little Benita again right?" she asked.

"Why do you hate her?" Jonathan asked.

Vivian opened her mouth to speak and then closed it. She didn't hate Benita, but she was to cowardly to make amends. Besides after all of the shit she'd pulled, Benita would never accept an apology of any kind from her.

"I'm part wolf. A part of me wants to hold you and protect you, but I'm mostly vampire. I really want nothing to do with you. You hurt her and she is the mate of my brother, my best friend. If she hurts, he hurts, and I cannot abide anyone hurting him. So, when we leave at the end of next week, we will ask that Benita goes back with us. You won't ever have to see any of us again." Jonathan explained as he turned to walk away.

His wolf moaned, as she wept. Jonathan, no she is ours. He whispered.

Listen, my wolf. She is evil like our grandmother. You've heard of Esmeralda. She reminds me of the stories we were told, he explained.

She sniffed, and Jonathan turned around. Vivian stood and marched up to him. "You think I enjoyed being mean to her. I had no choice. It is different here. Where you're from, no one judges you, but here I was ridiculed every day. She was ridiculed. When we were teenagers, I couldn't take anymore, so I pushed her away. I had too." She sobbed.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers