Friend Zone

Story Info
He meets a wonderful woman. She's single but not available.
18.5k words
4.38
21.7k
37
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers

I was in a rut. I had lost my mojo. Anytime I talked with a woman that I was attracted to, I fumbled and stuttered and looked like a totally non functional human being.

I finally made a deal with myself. I figured I had nothing to lose. I had been alone for so long, I needed to kick myself out of my funk somehow or other.

I vowed to approach any attractive woman that I saw and let her know that I found her attractive. I expected to receive my share of rejection but I was bound and determined to give it a serious try for a while. I tried to think of it mathematically. If I approached 10 attractive women I was sure that 9 of them would deflect me one way or the other, but then maybe the tenth one would give me a chance. I felt the odds were better than what I had been trying in the past.

---

I was in the grocery store. A lovely blonde woman was there and we kept bumping into each other. I tried to think positive and approached her.

"I just wanted to say, I think you're a very attractive woman."

She smiled at me warmly.

"Thank You sir, I'll let my husband know that you thought so."

I smiled back at her. "He's a lucky man. Have a nice day."

We went our separate ways.

That wasn't so bad, I thought to myself. At least a beautiful woman smiled at me.

---

The next day I filled up my car with gas. The young girl at the counter was cute as a button. I was probably too old for her but I was still committed to approach any woman I found attractive no matter what the age.

I paid for my gas and then said, "Honey, I just wanted you to know. I think you're gorgeous."

The clerk blushed prettily. "I know I'm not gorgeous, Mister, but thanks for the sentiment."

"I'm serious, honey. I'd love to take you out to dinner if you're interested."

She blushed again.

"Sir, I have a boyfriend."

"He's a lucky young man, honey. Have a great day."

"You too, sir."

Again, that hadn't gone all that badly. The girl seemed to enjoy the attention. I would flirt with her more the next time for sure.

---

I was wandering around Walmart. I decided my wardrobe needed to be upgraded. Some of the shirts I wore on a regular basis were starting to look a little worse for wear.

The store was busy. I found myself following a woman with a firm shapely ass. I was entranced. She stopped to look at bathroom accessories like shower curtains and bath mats. I stopped next to her and glanced at her face. She looked to be about my age. She was pretty.

"Excuse me, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're very attractive."

The lady gave me dirty look.

"Get lost, asshole."

I bowed to her ironically and then left her alone.

Well, not all attractive women are nice. I knew that ahead of time. I was still committed.

---

As I headed towards the menswear section I came across another attractive woman. I made a U-turn and followed her. This woman wasn't beautiful. She was nice looking though. I thought I might have a more realistic shot with her than some of the others I had tried before.

Eventually I approached her.

"Hi honey. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are very attractive."

She looked surprised and studied me. She didn't say anything.

"Your husband is a lucky man."

She looked surprised again and then said, "Thank You, sir." She pointedly ignored me after that.

I got the feeling that this lady was actually single, but she was just being cautious. I was tempted to try again, but I shrugged and turned towards the menswear section again.

---

I was in the book store. I spent a lot of my free time reading. There was a tall, slim lady with a tight ass studying the books in the suspense section.

I stood next to her. "Have you read the Reacher novels by Lee Child?"

She turned to me and smiled. "I read a couple of them. They were pretty good."

"I've read the first 5. I've got number 6 at home."

"Oh, one of those types, huh? Everything has to be in order?"

"Not everything, but book series? Yes, I like to start at the beginning."

She smiled at me and then pulled out a James Patterson novel to study.

"Honey, your husband is a lucky man."

She smiled and said, "I don't have a husband."

"OK then, your boyfriend is a lucky man."

Her smile widened. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"OK then, your girlfriend is a lucky woman."

She giggled delightedly. "I don't have a girlfriend either, you goof."

"Hey, I have a friend. She's a grandmother but she's still very attractive. She's a lesbian. She's single at the moment as far as I know, but she's looking for a woman partner not a man."

My new acquaintance looked at me seriously. "I'm not interested in women that way."

"OK, so by the process of elimination then, you are currently unattached?"

She grinned at me. "Yes sir, I am single."

I smile at her warmly. "Well, my beautiful single lady. I am also currently unattached. Would you like to have dinner with me sometime?"

She studied me. "Maybe, I have a warning for you. I don't want you to romantically pursue me. You won't get anywhere. I promise you."

"You're saying you will have dinner with me as long as I acknowledge that we will not become a couple? Just friends?"

"Correct sir. Can you handle that?"

I studied her. She was a beautiful woman. We seemed to enjoy conversing with each other.

"OK, here's the deal then. I am putting you into the friend zone. I will not romantically pursue you at your own request. If you find yourself wanting that status to change, meaning you think of me romantically, you will have to make the first move. I will never try and kiss you. Deal?"

She smiled at me delightedly. "Deal, what's your name anyways?"

"I'm Eddie."

She held out her hand and we shook as she said, "Hi Eddie, I'm Denise. Pleased to meet you."

---

We had dinner. I asked her to help find me a woman. She said she would, only if she decided she liked me.

We had a wonderful time together. She kept smiling at me. When the bill came she made sure she paid exactly half of the bill.

"OK honey. What's the plan now?"

"You still want me to help you find a woman?"

"If you are still unavailable, then, yes, I want you to help me find a woman."

She grinned at me. "You would be pursuing me if you could then?"

"You know it, girlfriend."

She grinned at me again. "OK, let's head to a club then."

"Now?"

"You got any other plans?"

"Let's go."

---

It was a Wednesday night. The pub was about half full. Denise and I ordered drinks and chatted. She was a wonderful lady. After about an hour she leaned in to me and almost whispered, "Don't turn around, but there's a lovely blonde woman behind you. She looks interested in you."

"You're shitting me, Denise."

She giggled. "Nope, I'm serious, Eddie. She keeps giving me jealous looks."

"Is she alone?"

"No, she's out with a girlfriend."

"So, it sounds too complicated. Thanks for letting me know, though."

"She really is lovely, Eddie."

"I'm gonna head to the little boys room, Denise. I'll be right back."

Denise smiled at me. "Check her out."

There was, indeed, a lovely blonde woman sitting behind me. Her friend was cute too, but the blonde was bordering on gorgeous. She studiously ignored me as I walked back to my seat.

"She totally ignored me, Denise. I think you're shitting me."

Denise giggled. "She's not ignoring you now, Eddie."

"All Right, I'll play your game, Denise. I'm going to approach her before I leave. Satisfied?"

Denise looked at me seriously. "Eddie, you said you wanted help. I'm just trying to help you."

I calmed down a little. "How should I approach her then?"

"Doesn't a band come on here soon?"

"I think so."

"And people dance, right?"

"I think so."

"Well, we can dance together. If she dances with her friend at the same time, you can make small talk with her then."

"OK, we'll hold off 'til the band comes on. Can I ask you something a little more personal, Denise?"

She gave me a look. "I thought you understood the rules, Eddie."

I blushed. "I do understand. I'm not going to put any moves on you. I promise."

She studied my face. "OK then."

"Denise, why is a lovely, smart, funny woman like yourself single?"

She blushed. "There's an answer, Eddie. I'm not ready to tell you everything yet. Sorry."

She looked sad, somehow. "OK, sorry, Denise. I'll back off."

She grinned at me. "It's good to know that you really think those things about me, Eddie. Good for the ego."

The band came on and the small area in front of the stage filled up with couples quickly. I stood up and held out my arm for Denise. She gave me beaming smile and we danced. Denise was gorgeous. Her ass was captivating. She caught me staring and then smiled and glanced in the blonde's direction. I shifted focus. I tried not to be too obvious. I glanced over at the blonde. She did seem to be watching us fairly intently.

The first song ended. Half of the couples left the dance floor. I smiled over at Denise. She grinned back at me. The blonde convinced her friend to dance and they headed our way. The blonde had curves in all of the right places. She wasn't dressed too revealingly but her breasts were making a very nice mound in her blouse. She looked like she was around 30 or so, the perfect age for me.

At one point I caught the blonde studying me. I gave her my best smile. She blushed beet red and turned away. I pulled Denise closer to me and whispered in her ear.

"I guess you were right, Denise. There does seem to be something there."

"Oh Eddie, you should see the scowl she's giving me right now. You better back away."

I backed away and tried to lose myself in the music. If I'm in the right mood, I can be a really good dancer. The song ended. All four of us were standing relatively close together.

---

Denise said loudly, "I need a break, Eddie. I'm headed to the loo. Maybe you can dance with these two?"

The blonde looked stunned. She turned to me expectantly.

"I'd love to dance with you lovely ladies." Denise disappeared quietly and the blonde gave me a very nice smile. The music started up again, and we all danced.

I smiled at the brunette lady but she didn't really respond. She looked a little uncomfortable. When I smiled at the blonde, though, her smile kept getting sexier and sexier. That song ended. Denise was back at our table.

"Would you two like to join us at our table?"

The blond grabbed my arm, "Sure!" The brunette nodded her head but she didn't look happy.

The blonde sat right next to me. That left the brunette next to Denise. The music was pretty loud. It was hard to have a civilized conversation. I talked into the blonde's ear. "I'm Eddie."

She gave me a flirty grin and talked into my ear. "I'm Ginny. Won't your girlfriend get angry?"

I glanced over at Denise. She was keeping the brunette occupied. They seemed to be getting along OK.

"She's not my girlfriend, Ginny."

Ginny gave me a surprised look. "She's not?"

"Nope, I'm currently single."

Ginny looked me up and down and gave me a predatory grin. "Maybe not for long, Eddie."

She pulled me in and squeezed my shoulder and looked up at me expectantly. I was tempted to kiss her right there, but I held off. I glanced over at Denise. She looked like she was giggling inside. She gave me a thumbs up.

The song ended and the band started an upbeat catchy tune. I stood up and held my arm out for Ginny. She looked at me. She was a little confused. I nodded my head towards the dance floor. The light bulb turned on. She smiled at me and stood up. We headed to the dance floor.

I was pumped up with excitement. A beautiful woman was chasing me. This hadn't ever happened to me before in my life. I had chased beautiful women before and even got somewhere with one once, but I was always the definite chaser. Ginny was making no bones about things. She wanted me. I was on cloud 9. I went a little crazy on the dance floor. I was drawing my share of attention. People were staring at me. Eventually, I toned it down a little and turned to Ginny. She was staring at me in amazement. I pulled her to me and rubbed her back. She snuggled up to me and we held each other for a second or two before we backed away and continued to dance. She was beaming at me.

The band switched gears. The next song was a slow dance. I pulled in Ginny and wrapped my arms around her. I stroked her back and she grabbed onto me tight. We danced and I looked over to our table. It was empty. I scanned the dance floor. Denise was dancing with a big guy and right next to her Ginny's friend was dancing with a guy. I caught Ginny's attention and pointed them out. She grinned at me.

"You're really single, Eddie?"

"Yes Ginny, Denise is just a friend."

"She's gorgeous."

"I agree, Ginny, but so are you."

She smiled up at me. "You really think so, Eddie?"

I leaned in to kiss her. Ginny aggressively kissed me back. Her tongue slipped into my mouth. We kissed passionately as our tongues did battle. She was grabbing my shoulders roughly as we kissed. The song ended too early for my liking.

Ginny backed away from me. Her chest was heaving and her breasts were doing interesting things under her blouse. She caught my gaze and blushed beet red.

I led her back to the table.

Ginny's friend was there and she gave Ginny a look. Ginny shrugged at me apologetically and then sat next to her friend. Denise appeared and sat next to me.

"How's it going, loverboy?"

I looked at her and she grinned at me.

"You're sure you are off limits, Denise?"

She gave me a surprised look. "You still would choose me over her? Even after she pushed those titties into you like that?"

I blushed. I spoke into her ear. "Denise, I barely know her. She's attractive, and if you are really serious about this friends only thing, then I will pursue her. But, I already know that I like you a lot, and not just because you have a killer ass."

Denise blushed beet red. "I'm sure, Eddie. Go get her."

"Give me your e-mail or something, Denise. I want to keep our friendship going."

She gave me a look. She fished into her purse and then handed me a card.

The band stopped for a break. It was much quieter in the bar.

Ginny gave me a warm smile. "Eddie honey, Tammy and I have to go."

She stood up. I stood up as well and pulled her in for a kiss. She responded enthusiastically.

"Would you have dinner with me tomorrow, Ginny?"

She beamed at me and kissed me hard. "Of course, Eddie. Where?"

"How about The Keg on Main St. at 7 tomorrow night?"

"It's a date, Eddie. I'll see you at 7 tomorrow." We kissed again and then they left. Ginny's ass was wiggling like crazy. I was in lust.

I turned to Denise. "Can I drive you home, honey?"

She grinned at me. "I drove here, Eddie. My car is not far away."

"I'll walk you there then, Denise."

She nodded at me and we left the bar.

We reached her car pretty quickly. Denise turned to me and smiled.

"It looks like you and miss topsy blondie are headed in the right direction."

I blushed. "Her name is Ginny, Denise."

Denise giggled. "Enjoy yourself with her, Eddie."

She held out her hand and we shook hands. She gave me another impish smile and got into her car and drove away.

---

I reran the whole evening through my head as I drove home. Denise was a wonderful woman. I wasn't sure what I was looking forward to more, getting to know Denise better or getting to know Ginny better. Ginny was hot and she seemed nice enough but I really didn't know her very well. I had the feeling we would be having sex very early into our relationship, maybe even the next night. I knew myself too well. If an attractive woman made it clear that she wanted me and I was single, well, I would have sex with her. That's just the way things went. I could try and promise myself to hold back, but I knew, if Ginny made it clear she wanted sex, she was going to get it.

The next day at work I took some time and sent Denise an e-mail:

Hey Denise, I can't stop thinking about you. I have a dinner date tonight with Ginny and, who knows, I might become serious about her. But right now, I'm thinking about you much more than I'm thinking about her. Just thought I would let you know where my head is at. I can't help but wonder about your reason for being single. Anyways, I hope you're doing OK. I'll probably send you another email tomorrow with an update on how things went with miss topsy blondie. Take care, Eddie.

---

I arrived at the restaurant just before 7. Ginny arrived just after I did. She looked fabulous. Her cleavage was on display. She rushed up to me and kissed me passionately.

"Hi Eddie."

"Hi Ginny, you look gorgeous this evening."

She blushed fetchingly. Her tits were amazing. I was definitely in lust.

We chatted about the normal things. She said she had dumped her asshole boyfriend because she caught him with another woman. That was 3 months ago. She felt ready for a new man. She gave me a sexy look then.

After we finished our dinner and we were exiting the restaurant she turned to me and kissed me hard.

"Eddie honey, I know we really don't know each other that well, but I'm hot for you. Please take me to your place."

I kissed her hard and latched onto her butt cheeks. She pressed her substantial titties into me forcefully.

"C'mon Eddie. Take me home, now."

I took her home. We didn't say much in the car. She kept giving me sexy looks. I had trouble concentrating on the road.

---

When we reached my apartment, she quickly sized up the place and dragged me to the bedroom. I must admit, the sex with Ginny was pretty awesome. She was quite vocal in her appreciation and her tits bounced around in the most fascinating ways as I screwed her in all of the various positions. I thought we were done at one point. I'd come 3 times already. Ginny gave me a sexy look.

"Eddie honey, do you like anal sex?"

"Sure Ginny, but I think I'm done."

She hunkered down and started blowing on my cock. She pulled away and gave me a sexy smile.

"C'mon Eddie. Just think about my nice tight asshole. It's waiting for you."

She licked my cock lovingly and it rose up again.

I pounded into her brown hole with all of my might and left my load in her ass. Then I collapsed on the bed.

"Eddie honey, would you mind if I sleep here tonight?"

"That's not a problem, Ginny. I have to leave for work in the morning around 7:30."

"Where do you work?"

"Downtown."

"Ahh, OK, could you drop me at my place on your way to work. It shouldn't be too far out of your way."

"OK, we leave at 7:15 then. Will you be showering here?"

"No Eddie, I'll shower and get ready at my place."

"OK, Ginny."

---

I set the alarm for 6. Ginny and I had another rambunctious romp in bed before I took my shower.

We chatted in the car. "So Ginny, you're an amazing lover, but I feel like we don't even know each other."

She smiled at me. "Eddie honey, I'll be honest with you. I'm not really all that great long term girlfriend material. I like sex too much. If I see a sexy man, I'm liable to hook up with him."

I turned and looked at her. "Thanks for being honest, honey. I'll give you my card. If you want another session, just give me a call."

"Oh Eddie, honey. I already know I want your cock again. How about Saturday night?"

"OK, Ginny."

"I'll drop by your place around 7 OK?"

"Sure, should we plan on eating together?"

"No, Eddie, just plan on more fun like we had last night, OK?"

"Sounds great, Ginny."

She gave me a passionate kiss and then wiggled her sexy ass all the way up to her door.

---

I worked all morning and then I checked my personal email on my lunch break. Denise had responded:

Hi Eddie, Well, I must admit, I am thinking about you a lot as well. Looking forward to hearing how things went with miss topsy blondie. Bye for now, Denise.

DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers