Friendly Neighbours

Story Info
Dan welcomes Emily to the neighbourhood.
6.3k words
4.49
34.6k
26

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/21/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dropping the last heavy box into the hallway, I clapped my hands together to get rid of the excess dust, rested them on my hips and sighed. It had been a long day of moving house, my least favourite thing in the world, but it was finally done. I looked around my little house and sighed again, from happiness rather than exhaustion this time around.

Afternoon sun filtered through the many glass panels in the open plan kitchen/dining area. I had done really well. My new place was small and modest but open and cute, in a vintage kind of way. Now that the boxes were in, I had to unpack them. At least I had the rest of the week to do that at my leisure, a block of days to work on my new home and make it my own.

I went down the hallway and poked my head out the front door, waving off the removalists. I glanced up and down the street, taking in my new surrounds. It was a quiet neighbourhood. I could see a few children playing basketball together at the end of the cul-de-sac, some doors down there were two neighbours chatting over their shared fence, and at the opening of the street I could see a lone figure walking a number of dogs. Despite not having a family, this was exactly the environment I liked: pleasant, private, quiet, and friendly. I was looking forward to meeting my neighbours, maybe sharing a drink at the Christmas street party.

I made my way back inside my new house. First things first, I needed to set up the lounge room. Even if I didn't get a chance to put my bedroom together today, at least I could fall asleep on the couch while watching TV. I had only just slid the couch and TV stand into position when I started sweating. It was just my luck to move house on the hottest day of Spring. By the time I had set up the TV and DVD player, my dark grey tank top was stuck to my body with even darker lines of sweat. I could feel perspiration sliding down my spine.

In the bathroom, I splashed my face with cold water from the tap and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked frazzled as hell. Somewhere in all those boxes were some towels so I could shower. My pyjamas were in a different box. And another box held my toiletries. I felt as if I could collapse. It was overwhelming, moving house on your own. I used to have a man who would help with all of this heavy lifting, but that was just about all he was good for, I reminded myself. Don't forget how much lifting you did on your own.

I pressed the palms of my hands to my face and took a deep and steadying breath. I just needed a break before I continued on. The moment my ass hit the couch there was a rapping at the front door. I groaned in frustration and briefly wrestled with the idea of just laying low and pretending I wasn't home, but that wouldn't be very neighbourly would it?

I got to my feet and shuffled to the front door, feeling the weight of the day hang down on me. What I saw when I opened the door made me straighten up and open my eyes so wide that any passer-by wouldn't have known I had spent most of the day moving house, if they hadn't seen my shabby clothes that is.

Standing on my doorstep was a man who could only be described as 'All-American'. He was tall and solidly built, his chest wrapped tightly in a black t-shirt. Dark strawberry blonde hair sat softly on his head and bristly around his jaw line, and a smile full of perfect teeth matched the smile in his eyes of vibrant and deep blue. He smiled at me as I stared dumbly at him, a thousand things going through my mind: holy shit he's perfect...oh my god I look like shit...I really hope I don't stink...Emily, say something damn it!

"Um, hi." I offered blankly.

"Hi there," he said in his deep voice, American accent to boot, "I saw you moving in earlier and I just wanted to welcome you to the street."

"Who...are you?" I hesitated.

"Oh god, I am so sorry. I'm just next-door. My name's Dan."

He extended out a large palm and I accepted, sliding my hand into his. His hand made mine look small, something that doesn't often happen to tall women, and the skin on his hands was only slightly calloused. Maybe he was a builder?

It was only when I looked back up at Dan, who was smiling expectantly at me, that I realised I hadn't spoken.

"Emily. That's my name. Emily."

"Emily. Are you sure?" Dan laughed, still keeping a hold on my hand.

Oh lord, I had already made a complete fool of myself.

"I think so. I'm a bit blank at the moment, I'm pretty exhausted from moving."

"Well then, can I help you with anything?" Finally, Dan released my hand gently, and was that regret I sensed?

I thought of my bed that still needed assembly, but I knew I couldn't face that tonight. Besides, I was starving.

"I actually still have to put my bed together, but it's secondary to my beer and pizza needs right now. Are you able to come by tomorrow to help me with that?" Good one Emily, a second chance to make an impression.

"How's this: your order some pizza and I'll grab a 6-pack from my fridge. My only request is that there should be pepperoni. And I'll still help you with your bed tomorrow." Dan flashed that thousand-watt smile at me again before turning away and taking a light jog back to his place.

The back of him was just as perfect as the front: broad shoulders tapered down into a perfect ass. The shorts he was wearing really showed off his powerful legs. As I stood in the doorway objectifying Dan, he turned around and looked back at me, catching me in the act. He definitely smiled...but was that a wink?

I recoiled from the doorway in embarrassment. I turned back into the house, leaving the front door open for him, and scolded myself for being so damn obvious.

By the time I found my mobile, Googled a local pizza place and dialled their number, Dan was back in my house carrying two 6-packs. As I gave our order to the person on the other end, I watched Dan as he stood in the kitchen and packed the beers into the fridge. Damn unpacking a thousand boxes, I was really going to need a cold shower by the time he left.

He closed the fridge door and leaned against it, strong arms crossed against his chest, and watched me as I spoke. I tried to look over at him, but each time I saw that cheeky smirk, I turned away again. I stood on the other side of the kitchen bench and hung up the phone. I tried to stare at Dan for as long as I could.

"You're blushing." He said playfully.

I lifted a hand to my cheek. I was running hot too.

"It's impossible not to blush when you keep staring at me that way."

"It's impossible for me not to stare at you that way when you look the way you do."

"Dishevelled?"

"I was thinking of the word undone." Dan's voice was husky as it slid over the last word.

If I was blushing and hot before, my head had certainly caught on fire. Who did this guy think he was? While I remained completely blank, the same devilish smile remained plastered to his face. I took a deep steadying breath before speaking again.

"May you please get me a beer?"

Dan chuckled to himself as he walked to the fridge and pulled out two bottles.

"And," I continued, "Why did you bring two 6-packs?"

"I'm going to be coming back tomorrow for the bed, aren't I? Well, that calls for more beer."

I shrugged my shoulders in agreement and leant forward, resting my elbows on the kitchen counter. I took a long, deep drink from my bottle before speaking again.

"Any excuse is a good one I guess. So, what do you do?"

Dan mirrored my actions and braced his body against the countertop. We were face to face, separated by no more than 10 inches. The smell that wafted from his body, earthy and salty, was intoxicating.

"I work from home. I custom make furniture from recycled materials or wood. Whatever my clients ask for. And I love what I do, because it keeps me at home with my dogs."

I thought to earlier in the afternoon when I was standing at the front door. I could feel a broad smile spreading on my face. If moving house was my least favourite thing to do, being with dogs was the exact opposite.

"Was that you I saw walking all those dogs a couple of hours ago?"

"Yeah, that was me. So you're ok with dogs?"

"Ok is not what I am. Crazy dog lady is more accurate."

Warmth spread through the pit of my stomach, a feeling that had absolutely nothing to do with the beer I was drinking. Was it possible for one man to be so completely perfect?

"So then, Emily," the emphasis on my name was heavenly, "what is it that you do?"

"I also work from home. I tutor drama and history for high school students."

"Ooo, watch out! An intellect here, huh?" Dan clinked his beer bottle against my own, inching closer to me. "So have you ever had to get any kids in trouble?"

"No, my kids are pretty smart. And I'm a nice teacher."

"And what about you? Do you ever get into trouble?" His eyes glinted and his voice was thick with lust.

The sensation of Dan throwing me over the edge of the bed and hard slaps across my behind flashed through my mind. I swallowed hard, positive that this was exactly the image he wanted to plant.

Surely Dan could hear my heart beating, we were almost nose to nose. His eyes flickered across my lips and lingered there as he lifted my chin with one finger. His breath tasted of beer. His breathing was just as shallow and ragged as my own. Our lips brushed for the briefest of moments before a loud knock came from the front door. My green eyes met his blue and I saw annoyance flash behind them.

"Damn it. Can't a guy make a move on a babe in peace? Admit it, that was a pretty good move, right?" Dan laughed as he stood upright and walked to the door.

I stood still, trembling with desire, with disbelief, and in aggravation. I really needed that kiss. It took me a moment to realise that Dan had gone and paid for the pizza that I had ordered for dinner. I ran down the front hallway to catch the driver just as Dan shut the door behind him. He turned to walk towards me, box in hand.

"I think I've seen a porno that started just. Like. This." Dan sauntered towards me with the pizza box held at crotch height and he flapped the lid.

"Did you just pay for that?" I asked dumbly.

"No, I picked it up off the street. Of course I paid for it. What do you think I did?"

"I was supposed to buy that."

"Think of this as a welcome dinner, ok? Come on, let's eat."

Dan dropped the pizza box unceremoniously on to the kitchen counter and opened the lid. It seemed unspoken that we didn't need plates or cutlery. We dug in straight away, each of us taking a slice and devouring it in silence. It was only after I had finished my first slice that I looked at my greasy hands and realised I didn't have any napkins for us to wipe our hands. I looked down at my tank top but Dan must have realised what I was thinking and interrupted my thought process.

"Wait..." Dan grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head, "use this." He shoved his t-shirt into my hands.

I bit my bottom lip as he stood shirtless and shameless in front of me. Every inch of his torso was perfection. His body was tight and muscular, the body of a man who worked with his hands. Dark blonde hair spread from his collarbone down to his bellybutton and into his trousers. I had never been left breathless at the mere sight of the male form until that exact moment. Dan stared at me while I regained consciousness.

"Dan, do you flirt so outrageously with every woman you meet?" I asked, trying my hardest not to sound desperate.

"This is my first time, Scouts Honour!" He lifted a bulked arm in salute.

"Oh my god, do you need a license to carry those?"

He flexed his biceps in the manner of a body builder and laughed. What I would give to be the woman to cover that man in oil...

I quickly looked down at my hands, just so that I had something to stare at other than his body, and I took my time wiping grease from the creases of my fingers with his shirt.

"May I have another beer?" I asked with out looking up. I was afraid of what I would give away if I caught his eye.

Dan moved away from the counter, and it was only when I heard his feet shuffling away that I lifted my gaze. I regretted it almost instantly. The toned muscles of his broad back flexed fluidly as he opened the fridge door. I couldn't help myself; I bit at my bottom lip and my eyebrows knotted in anxious lust. Looking at him was painful. As I stared longingly, Dan turned his head towards me, catching me yet again.

I didn't know where to look, so in spite of my decreasing hunger for food and my increasing hunger for something else, I grabbed another slice of pizza and busied myself trying to eat it. Dan also took another piece and eyed me off as we ate.

"I saw that." Dan stated in between mouthfuls, almost as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

The food in my mouth went down heavily when I swallowed.

"I...I don't even know what to say. Sorry?" I stumbled.

"You don't have to say sorry. You're only human." He winked at me over his food. "So, you don't have a bed set up. Where were you planning on sleeping tonight?"

It took every ounce of willpower I had not to say something sultry like "I was hoping you would keep me up all night", so when I could trust my mouth to say the right thing, I answered:

"I have the bare bones of my living room set up. I'll just sleep on the lounge."

"Damn! I was really hoping you would be taking my hints and come sleep at my place."

A tingle started in my lower back and crept down my legs. It would be impossible not to flirt back now.

"Sleep at your place? Here I was thinking you would keep me up all night." I smirked tightly, trying not to laugh at how brazen I sounded.

Dan's eyes narrowed in on me, and a soft groan came from his lips. In movements that were too fast to be anything but impulsive, Dan straightened himself and walked around to my side of the bench. I stood frozen to the spot; too excited to move but too scared to stay in one place. In one swift motion, Dan wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to his body. I braced my hands against the warm, tanned skin of his chest and ineffectively and unenthusiastically tried to push away from his heat. In response, Dan gently pushed his hips against mine, his strong erection putting pressure between my legs.

"Dan, stop. We don't even know each other."

"So why does that mean we can't fuck?" At the last word, Dan thrust into me again, making me moan and melt into his body.

"I'm tired, I haven't had a shower, and a million other reasons why we can't right now."

His hands dropped down and cupped my ass, sending electric thrills through my body as they came to rest between my thighs. He gripped my body tighter.

"Baby, believe me when I say that you will forget all of those reasons once I'm balls-deep inside you." He whispered in a gravelled voice.

A small, lustful whimper slipped from between my lips. My body was begging me to say yes, but I was stupidly stubborn. My bones ached with exhaustion and I knew there was no way I could be up for a whole night, let alone another hour.

I gave one more weak push, and I felt a pang of regret as Dan slid his hands away from my body. The wanting look hadn't left his eyes.

"Will you still come to help with the bed tomorrow? Anytime after 10 is fine."

We walked together to the front door, and it wasn't until Dan was out of the house that he spoke. He turned around to look at me with a wicked cheekiness glinting in his smile.

"Bed is definitely something I can help you with."

He strolled over the lawn confidently, leaving me as a breathless puddle. Over the last couple of hours, I could feel the wetness growing between my legs. Was this normal? What was normal anyway?

I locked the door and went back down the hallway, checking each box until I located my towels. Not having a shower was no longer an option. Too lazy to try and rummage through everything to find my toiletries, I grabbed the hand soap from beside the kitchen sink and took it into the shower with me.

I scrubbed myself from head to toe, watching dust and dirt swirl down the drain. I couldn't stop thinking about Dan, which was doing me no good at all considering I had many more important things to do, like get the internet and cable set up. I had thought I wouldn't need a man as long as I had access to Don Draper and Jon Snow whenever I needed them, but clearly I was wrong.

I thought about the way he had his arms around me, how safe he felt, and I reached between my legs. I was on fire with thoughts of him; my folds were slick at the memory of him. It would have been so easy to pleasure myself then and there, leaning against the cool tiles of the shower, but I couldn't. I wanted my next orgasm to be with Dan.

I rinsed off, dried off, and slipped on an old t-shirt. I grabbed another beer before I threw myself onto the lounge, moaning as my bones relaxed almost painfully. I didn't even have time to grab the TV remote before my eyelids closed themselves heavily, and I drifted into a deep sleep with my legs thrown over the arm of the lounge.

My eyelids rose, bringing the unfamiliar room into view. I sat bolt upright, taking in my surroundings. It wasn't until I spotted the boxes in the hallway that I remembered I was in my new house. I threw my head down heavily on the sofa and sighed. Thoughts of Dan, his cheeky smile, the mischievous gleam in his eye, all flooded my mind. I shook my head in a physical attempt to clear him from my head, but it wasn't any use. My stomach was all aflutter, and if it weren't for the pounding addicts headache that told me otherwise, I would have been able to go with out my coffee, I was just that filled with excitement.

I looked over at my phone to check the time...how on earth was it already 9:45am? I leapt up and ran to the bathroom to wash my face, throw on a coat of mascara, run a brush through my hair and clean my teeth. I took off my shirt and threw it into the bathtub and ran topless out to the boxes of clothes scattered around the house. I found an easy summer shift, a bra and panties and I threw them down on the kitchen counter while I put the kettle on for my coffee.

I had only just finished pulling up my bra straps when Dan knocked on my front door. Ten on the dot. I slipped the dress over my head and made sure all the buttons were done up as I walked down the hallway. It briefly flashed through my mind that it wouldn't be a bad idea to undo one or two buttons at the top of the dress, but I dismissed the thought almost immediately. I certainly didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.

I opened the door and there, surrounded by morning sunlight, was Dan. His smile only made the sun shine even brighter.

"Good morning neighbour." He greeted me, leaning in to kiss my left cheek, and then casually strolled right passed me and into the kitchen.

Heat shot right through my body, and I knew right away that I was hotter and wetter than when he left me last night. I took a breath and steeled myself as I followed him.

His ass looked amazing in dark jeans, but it was watching his back flex underneath a plain white t-shirt that killed me. I needed to feel those muscles with my hands, my lips, my tongue.

"Coffee?" I asked, as soon as my brain moved back up to my head.

"Please. Milk, no sugar. Thanks."

I pulled out mugs, coffee and milk and began pouring the boiled water.

"So," Dan started, "when do we start in bed together? I mean, on the bed together, of course." He was smiling broadly at his little 'slip-up'.

I nearly dropped one of the mugs, but managed to put it in front of him with only a couple of drops of coffee spilled.

"As soon as we're done with this." I said as I raised my mug to him.

"For which part of my question?"

My stomach did loops and I didn't dare make eye contact with him. All I knew is that once he got my panties off, my body would be a dead giveaway.

12