From the City to Simmons

Story Info
Brother and Sister and Wife start a new life.
50.2k words
4.82
173.1k
357
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tyzmartar
Tyzmartar
981 Followers

/* Author's Note: I realize that it's been a while since I've posted anything or been active on the site, but hey, what can I say? I've this and one other to leave for your perusal. No promises of when, but I'll have more again, sometime. Everyone's over eighteen and the story is entirely fictional, as are the towns mentioned in Ohio. I understand that it's long, but I didn't want to post it in segments, so hang in there. Thanks for reading - Tyzmartar */

"Tina, you ought to let me give you a ride home."

"Listen, Chris, you know I have a boyfriend. Just drop it. I only live five blocks away and I can make it there just fine."

Tina wasn't necessarily a bitch, but she seemed most of the way there sometimes. She was a pretty good looking young woman, and she knew it. It was her vanity that was causing her to believe that Chris was hitting on her. Though he certainly thought that the girl was attractive, getting in her pants wasn't his motivation for wanting to walk her home.

"I'm not trying to get a date. I'm just worried about you, five blocks is five blocks. You ought to hear some of the things that those guys out there say about you. Why don't you give your boyfriend a call and have him come pick you up? At least on the weekends like this. Half of those drunk-asses that you served tonight can't think straight, and I don't trust them."

Chris and Tina worked in a small restaurant called Whitmore's. It wasn't fancy, but it was popular, considering it was was still open after the bars had closed. The hours led to a fair amount of business as well as a building full of drunks at two in the morning. There were three waitresses, a cook, a dishwasher/busboy, and a manager. They had the place cleaned up and buttoned down, ready to call it a night.

"I'm not calling Luke to come get me. If I wake him up, he'll be mad. Besides, it only takes a few minutes to walk home. Relax, would ya? Why don't you give Erin a ride home? Maybe if she got laid once in a while she wouldn't be in such a bad mood all the time."

Chris thought it somewhat amusing that Tina assumed that just because you get a ride home with some guy that a woman was indebted to have sex with him. He just shook his head and gave in.

"Fine, go get raped, kidnapped, murdered, whatever. Don't say I didn't warn ya."

"Oh my god! Are you my mother or what?" Tina responded, thrusting a small wad of bills into his hand. Chris, being the busboy, made a percentage of her tips. "Later." She took off out of the break room, nearly running over Erin and Cindy, the other two waitresses.

Chris counted his money and received his take from the other two. He frowned in disappointment. "Twelve bucks, Erin? Sixteen, Cindy? Tina gave me like thirty."

"Yeah, well, I don't rub my boobs on people and dress like a total whore," Erin replied.

Chris and Cindy laughed. "Whatever the reason, you two ladies need to step it up. I can't pay for my Grandma's kidney transplant with this," he said. Cindy stopped laughing.

"We're on the top step already. If you need money that bad, we could always cut your kidney out and sell it," Cindy suggested.

Chris raised his eyebrows and feigned shock. "Well, if you put it that way, I guess you guys did fine. I'll tell Gramma that it's just her time. Let me walk you out to the parking lot. I haven't liked the look of the crowd out there lately."

Whitmore's wasn't located in the brightest part of town. Unlike Tina, Erin and Cindy were aware of the dangers of a lone woman out at night. The chances of getting killed on their way to their cars seemed slim, but they still thought it was kind of nice that Chris always walked them out.

"I wish Tina would let me give her a ride home. I don't think it's safe for her to walk, especially at night. She seems to think that all I want to do is have sex with her, though," he told the women as they walked to the lot.

"And you wouldn't?" Cindy asked, with a smirk.

"Uh, she's not really my type," he replied.

"Oh, so clueless sluts aren't your type? I didn't think it got any easier than that," Erin commented.

"Don't get me wrong, I like clueless sluts just as much as the next guy. I don't think Tina's really a slut, but she is clueless sometimes. That's why I'm worried about her. You guys ought to ease up, she's not that bad."

Cindy and Erin had worked with Chris for quite a long time, Tina was somewhat of a new recruit. The waitress before her had moved on to greener pastures. They didn't seem as eager to warm up to the new girl as Chris was.

"You're probably right, but she rubs me the wrong way. See you guys tomorrow?"

The three of them parted ways and left in their respective vehicles. Chris drove back to his apartment that he shared with his sister. Her car was in the lot and he had talked to her earlier on the phone, so that he knew that she was home, safe and sound. She did the same thing every day.

One of the reasons that Chris was so protective of the women that he worked with was because of his sister. When she was younger, in her late teens, she was attacked while walking home from a friend's house late at night. She had never been the same since the incident, not that anyone would blame her. Since their parents had passed away and she didn't want to live alone, she had moved in with Chris. These days, they were both in their late twenties, Carrie a year older than her brother.

Even though it was pushing four in the morning by the time Chris let himself into the apartment, Carrie was up waiting for him. She usually was. Carrie worked evenings keeping the books for a rather large department store and tried to keep the same hours that her brother did. They still didn't get to spend much time together, though. Chris worked during the day in the office of a company that sold electronic components. He was saving up for his dream of buying a place out in the country. They were actually getting close to being able to swing it. They had talked about it a lot, Carrie seemed to be on board with the idea. She liked the city even less than he did.

Carrie smiled up at her brother from her perch on the couch. She was a pretty woman, even if she did have a purplish, lightning-bolt shaped scar running the length of her left cheek. "I made some popcorn, if you want some. I'm watching a show about strawberries." One thing about four in the morning, there wasn't much on television. "I was thinking it would be nice if we could grow some when we move."

Chris kicked off his shoes and joined his sister on the couch. "Strawberries, huh? I've never been a big strawberry guy, really. I was thinking maybe some potatoes and corn. Have like a real garden, you know?" He reached into the popcorn bowl and grabbed a handful.

"That sounds nice," Carrie agreed. "You know what I'm looking most forward to, though? A yard. Nice grass that we can mow and walk around in without our shoes on. I want to feel it tickle my toes." "I can tickle your toes," Chris said. He grabbed one of his sister's feet and began to tickle unmercifully, spilling a fair amount of popcorn in the process. Carrie howled with forced laughter.

"Stop it, you ass! Stop, stop, you know I can't take it!"

"I thought that's what you wanted. Just pretend that you're walking through our new yard," Chris said through his gritted teeth. It was taking a fair amount of effort to keep hold of his sister's leg. She was stronger than she looked. He made the mistake of letting up for an instant and Carrie was able to wiggle free. With some sort of a mixed-martial arts move, she had Chris flipped over on the floor with his arm pinned behind his back. He groaned with discomfort as she held him down. It was only a matter of seconds before he was tapping out frantically. All those self-defense classes had clearly paid off.

"Did you learn your lesson, yet?" she asked into his ear. She had stopped breaking his arm but was still laying on his back.

"Probably not, but do you think you could let me up?"

"I don't know, it's kind of comfy laying here," she replied.

"You can lay on me all you want, but let's get off the floor. It's hard, and someone spilled popcorn all over it."

Carrie sighed as she rolled off his back and onto her feet. "Yeah, I wonder whose fault that was. I'll get the broom."

After the popcorn was cleaned up, the two were back on the couch to catch the rest of the strawberry documentary. Carrie was leaning heavily on her brother, her head on his shoulder.

"Are we really gonna do it? Move to the country one of these days?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course we are. We've been saving our money up and living in this dump, haven't we?"

"I know. But don't you ever want to get married and have kids? I mean, you don't want to just spend the rest of your life with me, do you?"

"Na, I don't have time for that, and I have to have you to keep me in line. Besides, do you know what you have to do to have kids? It's disgusting," he replied.

Carrie chuckled and put a hand on his chest. "I bet with the right person, it wouldn't be disgusting. I imagine it would be wonderful. I want to be an aunt some day."

"You don't ever want to be a mommy? You'd make a good one."

"That's not gonna happen. I can't after..."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. I didn't mean anything by it," Chris quickly cut her off.

"No, don't worry about it. It happened. Sure, I don't feel all that comfortable around men, but maybe I just haven't found the right one. I couldn't have a baby, even if I tried, though. Can't make one anymore."

Chris put his arm around his sister. That was the first that he had heard of that. "I'm sorry, Carrie. I didn't know that. I'm just an asshole." He felt like a piece of crap.

"You just didn't know, is all. Mom was the only one who knew. You're not an asshole, you're the best."

Chris leaned down and kissed his sister on her temple. "You are too, Carrie. We'll be out of this shit-hole before you know it. The only thing that we'll have to worry about is when to water the strawberries."

"I love you, Chris."

"I love you, too."

*****

It wasn't quite a week later, on a Thursday, when Chris found himself alone with Tina in the break room. Whitmore's wasn't nearly as busy on the bar shift during the middle of the week, so the two actually had some time to take their break.

"So what makes you wanna work in a place like this? You still going to school?" Chris asked.

"No, I ain't going to school. I'm working here cause I needed a job. How 'bout you? You going to college?"

"No, I graduated a few of years ago. This is my second job, I work in an office during the day."

"Damn, that must suck. Why the two jobs? Don't you ever get to sleep?" she asked.

"Sure, I sleep when I get out in the afternoon, take a nap when I leave here. Been saving up to get out of the city."

"What, you wanna be a farmer or somethin'?"

"Heh, something like that, I guess. I just want to see some grass and trees and not have to worry about getting run over every time I step outside."

"That would be nice, I guess," Tina agreed. "You got a place picked out?"

"Not yet. I was thinking maybe someplace with seasons, you know, like winter and fall and all that. I kind have gotten sick of getting fried by the sun year round," he explained.

"So it's kind of still in the dream stages, then?"

"You could say that. But it's a nice dream."

"I dream about winning the lottery, but that's probably not gonna happen." Tina glanced up at the clock. "I guess I should get back out there before Erin takes all my tables."

It was a while later, Chris was finishing up a set of dishes and listening to Hank, the cook, talk about his list of celebrities that he had come up with that he would love to bang. It was fairly interesting, considering some of the reasons he was coming up with as to why.

"Yeah, definitely Karen Gillian. We could do it in a phone booth and I'd make her call me the Doctor," Hank said.

"I don't know who that is or what you're talking about, Hank."

"Doctor Who? He's a guy that travels through space and time and saves the universe. He always has some sexy little thing with him. Plus, she has a sexy accent. Irish or Scottish or something. You'd really dig her," Hank explained.

"Well, I'll take your word for it. Let me know how you make out," Chris said. It was harder for him to stay amused when he didn't know who Hank was talking about.

Hank set a plate of food on the counter and Tina came in just in time to pick it up. "Hey Tina, you watch Doctor Who?"

"What the fuck is that?" she asked back.

"You guys have no appreciation of fine, foreign sitcoms," was all Hank had to say.

Tina fixed her tray and prepared to leave. "Oh, Chris, there's a girl out there that wants to see you when you get a minute. She's at six."

Chris thought that it was probably his sister. She came in once in a while, usually when it wasn't busy so they'd have a chance to chat. He pulled his apron off and went out for a quick word. Technically, he wasn't supposed to, but his manager was cool about such things, especially when the place wasn't packed. "I've already taken mine, so I'm taking your break, Hank. Be back in five."

Chris slid into a booth across the table from his sister. She smiled over at him, the way that she always did. "So what's going on tonight?"

"Nothing. Feeling restless and too lazy to cook, so I thought I'd come and see you," Carrie said.

"I've got a few minutes, things are pretty much caught up. How was work?"

"Boring, normal, I guess. I was looking online at some places in New York. You still want to get snowed on?" she asked.

"Sure. Can you grow strawberries in New York?"

"Oh yes."

The two spoke for a while until Tina brought out Carrie's food. Chris retreated to the kitchen and told her he'd see her when he got home. Tina followed closely behind.

"Hey Tina, you ever have sex in a phone booth?" Hank asked from behind the grill. Erin was there, picking up an order. She got quite a chuckle over the question.

"Fuck you, Hank. Got an order here," she said, putting a ticket on the counter. "So Chris, what did ya do to your girlfriend? Break a beer bottle over her face?"

Chris didn't like the question at all. He realized the girl didn't know any better, but that was no excuse for being so rude. Truth was, she did get a bottle broken over her face, but it was a whiskey bottle and it almost killed her.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Oh, could have fooled me, the way you were drooling over her. Just a hooker then, maybe her pimp did that to her?" Tina was still joking, but it was really pissing Chris off to no end.

"You know what, Tina? You don't know a damn thing about her. She's my sister. If you wanna say something else about her, go ahead. I'll come over there and slap the bitch out of ya."

Tina kept her mouth shut. She wasn't used to actually feeling bad about anything that she said to people. She had to admit, though, it was a bit embarrassing to be put in her place like that. She walked out of the kitchen and back to the floor.

"You all right, Chris?" Erin walked over and asked.

"Yeah, just got pissed for a second."

"Want me to take her out back after our shift's over and beat the shit out of her? 'Cause really, I was thinking about doing it anyway," she offered.

"Naw, it's not her fault, she just didn't know any better. It probably wouldn't do any good to beat her up, she wouldn't understand why. I think I got my point across. I didn't really mean to yell at her like that, though."

"Aw, you got to get mad sometimes. Otherwise you wouldn't be a human being. I've wondered about you. You don't smoke, you don't drink, you never go out. All you do is work. Nice to see that you're human," she said.

Chris smiled. "Oh Erin, my dear. Such words are poetry. If you weren't married I think I'd try to take you home with me."

"Hey, don't let that stop you. You never know when I might have a moment of weakness." Erin smiled back. He was pretty sure that she wasn't joking but he had no desire to break up a marriage.

Later that night, or early the next morning, depending on how you looked at it, Chris walked Erin to her car in the pouring rain. They hurried up and said their goodbyes, then he jumped in his. He was about to pull out of the parking lot when he spotted Tina standing under the canopy in the front of the building. Feeling guilty, he turned around and pulled up within earshot.

"Hey! Do you want a ride?" he called.

Tina shook her head. "No, I'll be alright. I'll just wait until it stops." The rain was coming down in buckets and vicious streaks of lightening darted through the sky.

"You could be standing there forever, let me give you a ride."

Tina frowned, thinking about it for a second, then sprinted to the passenger's side of the car. She threw herself in the seat and shivered from the cold of the rain.

"It only rains like twice a year and it has to do it right when I get out of work," she complained.

"Yeah, funny how things work out sometimes. Listen, I want to apologize for yelling at you earlier. Which way?" he asked, heading back to the street. Tina told him which way to turn.

"You don't have to, I feel bad, I shouldn't have said what I said. Besides, Luke yells at me all the time, I'm used to it."

"Why does he yell at you all the time?"

"I don't know. I do a lot of dumb things, I guess. So, um, you're not mad at me?" she asked.

"Na. I was mad for a second, but I know you were just joking. It's just that Carrie, she's my sister, is really a nice person, and uh, when you called her a hooker it made me mad," he tried to explain.

"I really didn't mean it, and I'm sure she's nice. I'm sorry. This is me here," she said, pointing to a building coming up on their right.

Chris pulled over. "See you later. No hard feelings, alright?"

Tina opened the door and got ready to step out. "No hard feelings. Thanks for the lift."

Chris waited until he saw that she was safely inside the building and headed for home. Carrie was up and waiting for him in front of the TV again. He plopped down on the couch beside her.

"You don't have to wait up for me all the time, you know." He had said the same thing a thousand times.

"You mean you don't want to rush home to see my smiling face waiting for you?"

"Of course I do. You simply light up my life," he replied.

"Oh please, do go on. I like to hear about how wonderful I am. I like your new waitress, by the way. She seems pretty nice," she said.

"Yeah, I got in a fight with her tonight. She called you a hooker."

"Oh. I mean I hate the new waitress. She seems like such a bitch. Why would she do that?" Carrie asked, sitting up. Chris went on to tell the whole story.

"Ah, she's just a dumb kid. Besides, I can imagine some of the things that you and Hank have probably said about people when you're back there in the kitchen. It's just human nature to be a jerk sometimes," Carrie theorized.

"Yeah, you're right. Speaking of the kitchen, I think I'm wearing parts of a lot of stuff that came out of there. I'm gonna hit the shower and take a nap."

Chris woke up once a couple of hours before his alarm had gone off. Carrie was curled up beside him on his bed. They never talked about it, but sometimes during the night, his sister would sneak into his room and sleep with him. It didn't seem weird or sexual in any way, at least it didn't seem weird to them. It wasn't something that he talked about over the water cooler at the office, though. He never talked about much at the office, really. He just stayed tucked in his cubicle and typed away the hours until it was time to punch out. Judging from his alarm clock, he had all that to look forward to in about two and a half hours. He snuggled a little closer to Carrie and shut his eyes.

Tyzmartar
Tyzmartar
981 Followers