Frozen Stiff

Story Info
A car accident forces extreme measures to survive.
13.1k words
4.5
226.2k
222
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Aramus69
Aramus69
138 Followers

This is my first story submittal so I will appreciate any and all comments. This story is in honor for all of those great stories that deal with family members having sex in their car. I have placed the location of my story in a Jeep. I love a good characters and background in a story, so for those who are just looking for some faceless fucking in the first paragraph this definitely NOT your story (look towards the latter half of the story).

*****

My name is Jamie (not my real name). I was eighteen when I had my son Alex. But my birthing coach (my mother) also went into labor while helping me to breath. This meant my baby oops sister named Alexi was born on exactly the same day as Alex, only eight hours apart. My mother thought it would be great fun to raise the two newborns not as Aunt and Nephew, but instead as "twins". Personally I think my mother was just tired of raising babies and effectively gave me my baby sister to raise.

While their birth certificates were correct with the right mothers listed the town promptly forgot the truth and always saw Alex and Alexi as fraternal twins. Alex and Alexi even fondly called each other "Brother" and "Sister" while growing up.

When both children graduated High School at fifteen and literally tested out as geniuses, it only made sense to me to send my baby sister and my son to the same college together. I knew they would eventually go to different universities as they pursued their Post Graduate studies, but for now I felt that because they were so young going to college, that it would be reassuring for them to have something familiar in their life.

My solution was to buy them a three bedroom condo within walking distance of the University... Yes, I bought them a condo verses letting them live in the dorm.

I won't bore you with the financial details, but let's say that I am that same famous "Baby Jamie" you once watched for a week on the news. For those who might not know the story, as a four year old child, I fell into an old water well. If that wasn't bad enough, the well walls promptly collapsed on top of me. They say it took two days for them to dig me out and by the time I was out of the hospital, I had magically become the benefactor of a trust fund worth millions of dollars.

Apparently moms from all around the world felt sorry for little baby Jamie and sent me a few dollars to help me in my recovery. Over the last thirty years the trustees of my special trust had invested and reinvested my fortune to make the trust now worth nearly eighty million dollars. While growing up rich for a farm girl, being from Smith County North Dakota, a hundred grand a year was considered a lot of clams. By the time I was twenty one, I had learned to live on only 10% of the actual interest that was earned for that year (typically around $600,000). That's a lot of lettuce for any farm girl, so the money was used each year to buy real-estate and farm land.

Anyway my trustee's said it was a real good investment to just buy a condo near the college because it provided almost no risk of not getting my money back out of it. Let's face it, even if I didn't have a lot of money, I would still know that there was always a shortage of places to live in a University town. Reselling the condo after a few years was just not going to be a problem.

Alex was a senior and anxious to get back to the University after Christmas break because he had a wrestling tournament in a few days. The problem was that all the local weathermen had predicted they were expecting a full blown North Easter Blizzard for New Year's Eve.

While now eighteen and driving on his own for at least 3 years, I still refused to let Alex or Alexi to drive back to the University without me when the weather acted up. It's not that I didn't trust my kids... I just didn't trust all those other crappy drivers.

Because of the weather reports, I really tried to get them to just stay an extra day until this storm could blow over and the highway department could plow the roads. But Alex would hear nothing of it. Alex did nothing in half measures and He was committed to his team. He wanted nothing more than to wrestle against Nebraska state university this week.

Any other University in the country would have already closed down shop, but up here in the "Great White North", school closure was seen as a weakness against moral fiber or something. Years could go by before a school would shut down its doors because of weather. This meant that the wrestling match was going to happen with or without some of the students showing up. So when the weather made an extracurricular event dicey, I would usually drive my kids back and forth in my Jeep Grand Wagoneer. With its 4 wheel drive, it was normally more reliable on our icy winter roads than a normal car would be.

We had left early in order to beat the storm, but we were only halfway to the University when the snow began to really fall heavily. The weathermen obviously got the storms timing wrong. Wind and snow is nothing new to us. In fact to most Dakotan's wind and snow is so common, it is no longer talked about. But this time we were not experiencing the familiar wispy snow flurries, falling like powdered mash potatoes flakes. This time the snow was falling down in a thick solid sheet of ice and snow.

I swear to God, some of the snowflakes were as big as your hand. Like some first grader had cut out giant size snowflakes in school and hung them on a string. Except these huge icy conglomerations were not art but real trouble. It wasn't long before the snow and ice became so clumped up on the glass of my windshield that I had to pull over several times, just to bounce the ice off the wiper blade. We were in trouble because it was obvious that my wiper blades could no longer keep up with this winter storm.

"Alex, I think we need to stop and turn around and go back home. I think this storm is going to be as bad as the weather men predicted."

"Mom! You know that I have been working on making weight for this match all week. If I don't make the match, my team will have to forfeit my weight class. You know I can't let my team down."

This was so Alex. He wouldn't had fussed if the issue was only about him, but he would be stubborn if it affected other people. I usually loved this personality trait in him. Today however, it was going to be a total pain in my ass.

"I know Alex, but it won't do anyone any good if we all get stranded or worse... killed in this weather. Besides if we can't make it in the Jeep, neither will your competitive wrestling team make it to the University by bus."

I thought my argument sounded quite reasonable.

"Sis, I agree with Alex." My baby sister Alexi agreed with Alex. "I want us to keep going. I have some work due this week preparing for my finals and I had planned to use tomorrow as a research day. Call Dad and tell him to cover for you on the farm. You can just stay with us in the spare room."

"Mom, just drive slower. I don't care if it takes us all night to get there. I just need to be there by tomorrow." Alex pleaded.

I was a total sucker for my kids. My baby sister and my son were born on the same day, same hospital. My mother and I nursed both kids just because it was convenient to raise them together. These days most people just assume that Alex and Alexi are twins because of their appearance, age and similar names. They also assumed I was the "twins" mother or older sister.

"Well ok, even if I think this is a really bad idea!" I conceded. It was seldom that I ever made a decision against what Alex and Alexi wanted. Hey they were the certified geniuses and I figured if both agreed on something it was probably the right answer. Just to let you know they acted like typical twins and seldom agreed on anything. So my weigh in was usually the tie breaker.

"But if it gets any worse out here, I'm turning around. No arguments right?" Hey someone had to sound like the adult here.

But it did get worse... a lot worse. But by then we were already ¾ the distance to Minneapolis. So I made another Mom decision that it would now be far safer for us to just keep going. Hopefully staying in front of the worst of it. I would just weather out the storm in the city with the kids, then return home back towards Smith County North Dakota.

Alex was now playing a very active role on keeping me on the road, I figured two sets of eyes were better than just mine. But as the day waned on, even at twenty miles per hour, following the road was not an easy thing. First off the road was covered in frozen snow making it a white landing strip.

On either side of the road was hundreds of thousands of plowed acres of farmer fields. All frozen and now also covered in white. But in the "Great White North", snow doesn't stand still when it hits the ground. No instead the wind makes the snow take off sideways. Clumping together in moving rows, like a huge white snake crawling across the fields and roads. The ditches provided limited wind breaks and were already filled, but now in this blizzard, the ditches were now full of snow making no gap between interstate and the fields a few yards away.

Through my head lights and frosted windows, all I could see was white on white on white. With no distinct features to tell me what was the road or ditch or field. Only the occasional tree growing on a buried fence row gave me any significant landmarks at all.

I kept my headlight beams on low since my light beam was blinding me. Light refracted strangely and most of my light actually was being reflected back into our eyes verses the road in front of me. Night time comes early and with the blinding snow, it got darker quicker than usual. It was like driving in a comic book universe where the world was unfinished, with no details having been painted yet by the artist except for the hood of my car. Little did I know what the artist had planned for us on this blank sheet of paper out of our window.

The stress was killing everyone in the car, as all eyes were now focused on the road. It had been at least fifteen minutes since the last time I had saw another car.

"Mom, are you still on the correct side of the road?" Alex asked worriedly.

"Shit, how can I tell Alex, it starting to look all the same to me?" I said while slowing down even more. I couldn't have been going faster than twenty miles an hour.

I guess it was inevitable when our accident finally happened. The old timers would nod their heads and just say I should have pulled over and weathered the storm. You can't just drive blind on a road and think you're not going to lose control somehow.

At first there was no indication that we had actually left the road. Apparently I had slowly drifted off to my right and off the ice covered pavement until I was literally driving on top of a smooth flat snow bank covering the ditch. When my front right tire finally broke through the ice crust, the steering wheel of the Jeep jerked sharply out of my hands. The next second had the Jeep swerving hard to the right and then because of the steepness of the embankment had the Jeep tumbling sideways down into a snow covered ditch into deep powdery snow.

I must have knocked my head on the steering wheel as we tumbled because when I woke up, I was up-side down. Bizarrely floating in the air with my seat belt holding my butt and back in place while my long blond hair hung below me to pool up at the Jeep ceiling which was now our floor board.

"Mom, are you alright?" Alex was yelling with not a little bit of panic in his voice. He had already unfastened his belt and fell free. He had turned on the interior light switch (which was now located near his feet). The bright light showed me that Alex was now sitting cross legged on the ceiling under his own bucket seat, shaking me awake. I was obviously still disorientated from the accident but was quickly alarmed that he had a couple of cuts on his face that were slowly bleeding. Seeing where my eye went he quickly added, "I'm fine Mom, really. Just a few scratches. Can you unhook yourself?"

Not really thinking clear, and with all of my weight being focused on that metal buckle, I pulled the release and was promptly dumped unceremoniously down on my head.

"Are you alright?" Alex asked for a second time as he scrambled to me up.

Seeing stars for the second time that night, I was a little afraid that I might actually have a mild concussion. But could I actually be concussed, if I was capable of wondering if I was concussed? I don't know the rules about that sort of thing. But being a concerned mother I just lied to Alex saying, "Honey I am fine. Really."

We both turned when we heard my sister moan from the back seat, "Yeah, I'm alright too... thanks for asking!"

Alexi was the snarky one, so her sarcasm actually answered my questions about how she actually was ok. When she unbuckled herself from one of the back seats, she also dropped down onto the freezing cold ceiling that was now our floor.

Now that we both checked each other over and we seemed to be in one piece, I realized it was dark outside. Really dark outside. Then I noticed that the air in the cab was already getting stuffy.

"I'm cold!" Alexi complained.

"Yeah, me too!" Alex agreed.

"Where are we?" I asked as calmly as I could, trying to distract Alex. He had a fine mind but needed something to focus on but me and his sister.

"Mom, I think we drove off the road and fell down an embankment."

"Holy shit that was a tumble" Alexi agreed.

"Language kids!" I said automatically.

"Why is it so black outside the windows?" Alexi said with a little panic now in her voice.

Shrugging, Alex added, "Honestly, I think the Jeep tumbled down the hill and is now buried in snow."

We could see the worry in Alex face. Being the "Mom" for these teenager, it meant I had to be as brave as I could. Anyone who has lived in the Great White North knows that there are only a few rules for survival. But first and foremost is to always stay calm. The very next rule was to stay warm.

"Alexi, do you see our jackets? I think we are going to need them."

Alexi immediately perked up. He now had something she could control and do.

"Alex, I need you to crawl in back and find our survival kit."

The Jeep not only tumbled down a hill, but the back of the Jeep was turned such that the back was pointing down the hill. This put the front grill towards the top of the hill and Interstate. I didn't know if it was five feet or a hundred yards away, but I knew that "Up" was where help would come from.

Alex crawled aligned himself up between the front bucket seats, he was able to duck down under the stick shift that was now sticking down from above. Then he was able to turn sideways was able to squeeze to the back seats with Alexi. The slope of the hill was steep enough that He was able to partially slide down to the back seats area and then to the back storage area of the Jeep. With the snow blocking out any light around the jeep, it felt that we had been just been dumped down into a very tight closet, with only the dingy light coming up from the front consul light.

While I had almost no memory of falling into that damn well so many years ago, I still couldn't help my chronic case of claustrophobia from kicking in. When I say I am claustrophobic, I mean that it has left me catatonic in the past. But I was no longer a kid and years of therapy has got me to the point that before I fall down into that mental rabbit hole that I called my little psychosis, I now can bravely talked myself out of my panic.

I could feel that this time was different. I was injured and the car was trapped in the dark. It would have been oh so easy to freak out. But instead I knew I had to be strong for my kids. They meant everything to me. As Alex's mother and in reality also the only mother Alexi had really known growing up, it was vital I not lose my shit right now. Interestingly enough, this need actually allowed me to have a break through. I would never again have the mind numbing fear that claustrophobia could bring on.

The tumble down the side of the hill had mixed up all of the things I had tossed in the back of my Jeep, like some bizarre blender. So what Alex actually found on the roof liner of the Jeep (the new floor) was a large pile of equipment like my jumper cables, the jack, spare tire, and the paper contents of the last four visits to McDonald's. He also found the large zipped duffle bag that I kindly called my survival bag. While banged up a bit, the kids also had their vacation suitcases full of god knows what, but definitely included clean folded spare clothes.

Alexi was the first to cry out that she had finally located our down filled jackets in the mess.

"Got them Mom! I'm getting our gloves and hats out of our pockets also."

During the winter month's people throw fashion to the wind and just focus on staying warm. The key is in what they call layering. Dressing in such a way that you can quickly put on or take off appropriate clothes for the temperature around us. While we all were currently dressed in jeans and flannel shirts, with appropriate cotton underwear underneath, we still had to wear our down filled jackets, fir lined leather gloves and wool ski toques just to run from the Jeep to the house.

Once we all were dressed again for the outside weather, we all stopped shivering from the cold. But based on how easily our breath was clearly seen, I knew it was well below freezing in this Jeep.

"You guys have any ideas?"

The kids were a bit surprised at my not so subtle hint for input. Asking for help was something I seldom did unless I needed their muscles for lifting around the farm. But my head was still pounding like someone was hitting me in the back with a small hammer. Honestly I could of used a couple Ibuprofen right then. The way I was feeling, I was only too willing to let them do all of the thinking right now.

"Ok Mom, we are obviously buried and based on the stale air, even with the storm raging above us, we still are going to need to dig out enough to allow air down to us. When the storm is over, we will also need to set an emergency flag on the highway so someone can find evidence that we are down here."

Alexi nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan Alex, I see that the key for us is to use the Jeep as a shelter until this storm is over."

"What are you doing?" I asked as I saw Alex again move to the back hatch that was effectively pointing downward.

"I'm looking for something to dig us out of this snow."

Alex rummaged around my survival bag for a few minutes, holding up and looking at each item. Alexi and Alex were making a list of our items and if needed immediately he would had the item to Alexi to hold, while tossing out things he didn't need. My Jeep is usually a real mess, and since the accident it was the photo incarnate of the word "Chaos".

"Hallelujah!" Alex cried out.

Alarmed, I cried out "What is it?"

Alex proudly held up a metal shovel with a head blade on it a little bigger than the width of my hand. The short handle folded at the center for a total extended length of about 18 inches.

"This is exactly what I need." Alex proudly displayed to the girls.

Then handing the black duffle bag up towards the front of the jeep out of the way, Alexi and I took the bag and continued to explore its contents.

Alex brought his body completely into the back storage area and tried to open the back door. But like the other doors, it was solidly pinned closed by the weight of fresh packed snow. Because of our inner temperature continued to drop, Ice had also started forming on all the insides of the glass windows like the frost found on the outside of a margarita glass or a frosted root beer mug.

Aramus69
Aramus69
138 Followers