Gabriella and Logan

Story Info
It started with a steak suggestion.
6.3k words
4.65
31.9k
62
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A story based loosely on my own love story. I enjoy feedback and ideas. I love hearing what you guys think and what you guys want to happen. I'm also learning to accept the bad with the good. Although it's still hard, I appreciate every comment I get whether it be flat out negative or very positive. So thank you. I don't have an editor but I am on the hunt! Enjoy.

*****

*Gabriella's POV*

I couldn't move.

That was the first thought that popped in my head when I had woken up. My alarm had gone off almost 10 minutes ago and I was still in bed staring at the ceiling. Physically I could move... Maybe. Mentally? No sir. I was exhausted in every sense of the word and moving from my bed was just not an option. I almost started crying thinking about leaving the comfort of my happy place to go to that cruel place. But alas, I had to. I tried bribing myself, scolding myself and even thinking about the bills that I had to pay. Nothing was working! I couldn't convince myself to actually get up. I needed to go to work but my body was so tired and the willpower was running short. It also wasn't helping that my room was pitch black and I kept accidentally falling back asleep.

"Get up or I'm turning the light on!" My best friend/roommate Kristen threatened through the door. "We're going to be late and I wanted to at least stop at Starbucks."

I groaned and threw the bottom half of my body off the bed and let my legs dangle. My toes instantly froze at the chilly temperature of the room. Even with the heat on, the 2 bedroom apartment we shared was either very cold or very hot. On rare times, it would be just right. I wanted to get back under the covers and go back to sleep.

Finally sitting up bed, I felt around for my phone for a source of light. I refused to turn anything else on.

I stood up and stretched letting the ache in my bones loosen. I had to get a new mattress. I was going to have irreversible back problems.

"I warned you!" Kristen yelled.

The door to my precious safe haven swung open with a bang and light flooded the room. I screamed and covered my eyes stumbling backwards into bed.

"It burns Kristy! It burns!" I yelled. "Turn it off!"

This might have seemed dramatic to someone looking in from the outside, but I didn't have a normal bedroom light like most. I had the light from hell! It was a Christmas gift from Kristy from a website that literally sold super bright lights. Since I had no windows in my room, she thought she was doing me a favor. Every time I turned the light on, after being subjected to darkness for 8 hours, I was nearly blinded.

"Quit being a baby! Get up!" she scolded. "Your skin still looks splotchy. You might want to get up and handle that. Red patches on black girls don't look too good."

"You're right! I am stronger than this. I am not going to let a little lightbulb stop me from doing what I have to do," I said holding up a fist.

"Good girl," she encouraged. I could hear the eye roll in her tone.

I cracked an eye and the bright light assaulted me making me wince. "Kristy, I think my retina just melted off," I complained.

She was quiet and I opened my eyes, wincing just to be dramatic, and saw her standing there with her hands folded over her chest. This was her "are you done yet?" look. She wore the same red and yellow collared button-down dress that every employee, including me, was required to wear to waitress at the 'The Hole'.

"Done?" she asked patiently.

I nodded solemnly and twiddled my thumbs. "I'm done."

"Good morning Gabriella," she said throwing me my own red and yellow dress before walking out the room.

"Good morning Satan," I mumbled.

Looking at my skin, I could still see the barely there red patches from the hives I experienced yesterday. Who knew I was allergic to seafood? The stuff stunk so badly, I didn't even eat it. The one time I decide to try a piece of shrimp, I'm allergic. Go figure.

I grabbed the dress and some panties, not bothering with a bra. The dress was so tight my breast strained against the fabric making it impossible for them to move.

"I left you some hot water!" Kristen yelled.

"Thanks," I yelled back rolling my eyes.

Kristen was in the habit of taking 30 minute showers and the hot water that she usually "left" was only hot for about 6.

I walked into the bathroom and reemerged 20 minutes later feeling refreshed and energized. Walking into the living room, I spotted a muffin on a plate next to a cup of green liquid.

"Made you breakfast," Kristen said coming out her room.

She had pinned her black bangs up today and the back of her hair cascaded in curls down her back. The black really made her blue eyes stand out. And it really wasn't fair that even under fluorescents her milky white skin looked amazing. I told her all the time how she should have modeled. She definitely had the look. She was 5'9 with legs that ran forever and everything on her was proportional. She had the body girls lusted for. She was a head turner and she knew it.

I wasn't ugly myself. I was nice-looking and would receive compliments sometimes. Most times I would get "you're pretty for a black girl!" or something equally offensive, but I just shrugged it off. Most people didn't see a problem with that statement, and I wasn't about to waste my time explaining why it was offensive. It wasn't hard to fit in here. The trick was to smile and keep your mouth closed. At 5'6 and 142 pounds, I definitely didn't draw attention to myself. I had brown curls that had gold highlights and brown eyes that didn't stand out. I considered myself basic. Nothing spectacular. If I worked out like Kristen, I could probably garner some attention. But I liked how I looked. I also liked food. I was curvy, very curvy. I had baby making hips and so did the rest of the women in my family. Little on top and big on the bottom. I loved my breast though. My 34C were just perfect and fit my frame just right. I loved my body and sure I could stand to lose 10 or 15 pounds, but I was content. Kristen was always trying to make me work out or try some new diet with her. The last one almost killed me and in return I almost killed her.

I didn't notice I was staring at her until she snapped her fingers breaking my trance. "What's wrong? Never seen an angel?" She joked. "Let's go and you're going to drink that smoothie."

I rolled my eyes. Of course I would. As much I hated healthy things, Kristen went out of her way to feed me each morning and I was appreciative. Ever since my mom died, Kristen had been taking care of me like the little sister she always wanted. Even though I was 21 and she was 23, she still treated me like I was 10 at times and I couldn't do anything without her. I didn't mind. I loved her. Of course I still pulled my weight around here. I kept a majority of the bills paid, and food in the house. Since Kristen was full time in school, and could only work weekends, I was the bread-winner.

"Let's go GABRIELLA," she yelled from downstairs.

I grabbed the smoothie running outside to catch up before she left me. Running through the snow, I slid carefully in the already warm car and shook the snow out my curly hair.

"Oh man, your hair is going to get damp. Where is your jacket? Why didn't you grab your scarf or hat? Are you trying to get sick?" she scolded turning the heat all the way up.

"I left it in the car last night," I said grabbing the items out the backseat. "I was so dead tired after my double, I didn't even feel the cold air."

"A double? Gabby you got to get some rest!"

"Rent is coming up. I had to work overtime to get the rest, but now that I have it, I can probably go back to working regular shifts."

"I'm sorry I can't contribute more Gabs. I really should step up more."

"We've had this argument before. Focus on school and get your degree so that you can make all the money and I can spend my days sleeping!"

She laughed and nodded. "Yes mam."

Kristen did what she could. But what wasn't spent on books or material for school, was spent on gas and food. I didn't mind working so much. It kept me busy and I didn't have to think much about the direction my life was going in. Which was nowhere.

We rode the rest of the way in silence both consumed in our thoughts.

"Uh oh," Kristen said as we pulled into The Hole's entrance. The parking lot was full of cars and we had to park in the way back by the dumpsters.

We both sped out the car and into the entrance and saw a disaster of things. There was no other waitress in sight and I had a bad feeling that we were the only ones there.

"Thank God you girls are here! Nobody else showed up... Again. Jessica's car is broken down and Ashley isn't answering. Maggie won't be here until 1 and Sara doesn't have her liquor license," Mike, our sleazy underpaying perverted managed, cried.

We were used to this on Saturday morning. It seemed that for the past couple of Saturday shifts, only Kristen and I were showing up.

"Ok Gabby, how are we doing this?" Kristen said tying her apron.

I was putting my curls into a bun on my head trying to figure out a game plan. Waitressing was my thing. I always was good at it from day 1. Even with no prior experience... even though I did lie on my application.

"Ok! I'll take the 40's, 50's and the 5 high tops by the bar. You get the 30's, the 60's and the 3 high tops by the door," I said looking around.

The 40's and 50's were booths, whereas the 30's and 60's were tables. High tops were the 20's. It was easy to remember table numbers when you had worked this job for so long. Usually I would work 30's and 60's, because of the parties, but I couldn't be bothered with large groups of people in the morning like Kris could.

"Sounds like a plan. See you soon solider," she said before running to the back.

I grabbed my black book, that I took orders in, and hit the floor to take drink orders. This was going to be a long morning.

-

A million drink orders, appetizers, and lunch combos later, it had finally slowed down enough that Kris and I could sit down and catch our breaths.

"That party of 8 left me 10 on 98," Kristen scoffed.

"Well 21 ran me the entire time they were here and left 2 dollars on 40. Not to mention, I didn't charge them for the refills on their flavored lemonades," I shared.

"People suck," she sighed.

I nodded my agreeance and hopped off the spinning chair. If I didn't go to the bathroom soon, I would die.

"Be back," I told her.

I walked to the bathroom and locked myself in the stall before collapsing on the toilet. I was exhausted.

-

*Logan's POV*

"Dude are you sure you want to eat at a place called 'The Hole'?" I asked my best friend Brian.

"Log, in my experience, I have always found that the most delicious food is hiding at the grossest looking restaurants. How much do you want to bet that this food is amazing?" Brian wagered.

The restaurant looked old and beat down from the outside, but judging from the amount of cars in the parking lot we saw earlier after riding by, the food had to be good.

We walked inside the store and the smells that hit me were amazing. My mouth was watering and I could barely contain my excitement. I loved food like I loved football. I followed Brian to a table and gave him his props. This was a good idea so far.

A tall blue-eyed girl walked up to our table and smiled a cheeky smile. "Hi, I'm Kristy and I'll be your server today. Can I start you fella's off with a frozen lemonade? A frozen Jake&Coke?"

"I'll take a Sprite," I told her.

"I'll take the same," Brian sung. "And forgive me for saying so, but Kristy you are the prettiest girl I ever seen in my life."

The girl, Kristy, blushed before thanking him and walking away. She was indeed good looking, but she didn't do it for me.

"She is so hot dude!" Brian gushed.

"She's ok," I laughed.

"Ok? Just ok? She is the hottest thing smoking in this state. Logan, my brother, she is fine!" Brian preached. "You would love her if she was blonde and dumb!"

"Shut up! Here she comes!" I whispered.

It wasn't that I was into a certain type of women, I loved all women. However, it seemed that I only attracted blondes with questionable intentions. Some wanted the money, some wanted marriage and some just wanted to get close to Brian, but none actually interested me for longer than 3 months.

"OK. Are you guys ready to order?" she asked sitting the drinks in front of us.

"What's the best thing you got on the menu sweetheart?" Brian asked flirting.

"Definitely the steak. Our steak is amazing," she beamed.

"I don't know about that. I can never find good steak in restaurants," Brian said. "I've ate many places, and the steak is never as good as I want it to be.

"OK. Hold on!" Kristy said.

She ran away and came back a few seconds with a girl who was looking at a notepad. The girl didn't even look up when she stopped in front of the table.

"Tell them we make the best steak in all of Montana, Gabriella!" Kristy urged.

"We make the best steak in all of Montana," the girl, Gabriella, said without looking up in a monotone voice.

"She sounds convincing," Brian laughed.

Finally the Gabriella girl looked up and smiled. My breath caught in my chest. I had never seen a smile so beautiful. It was genuine and it reached her eyes. I had never seen brown eyes look so intriguing. They looked like they held knowledge and laughter and sorrow and this was hands down the prettiest pair of brown eyes I had ever saw. They were big and doe like and I knew I could watch her blink all day. Her lips. Man those lips. Full and pink and they looked so soft. Matter of fact, her whole body looked soft. I wanted to run my hands down every inch of her curvy body and find out just how soft she was. I could see myself running my fingers through her hair and leaving kisses over every inch of her perfect brown skin.

"It really is good. I promise if you get it, you'll love it. So I suggest you follow my advice and get the steak boys," she said smiling before walking away.

"Alright than darling, I'll have the steak and potatoes. I like my steak medium well," Brian said to Kristy while handing her his menu. "What about you Logan?"

Steak was the last thing on my mind. I was trying to get the image of Gabriella out my mind before I did something crazy like actually run up and kiss her.

"I'll take the steak and shrimp, Steak well done. Please," I told her while looking at Gabriella help someone else.

"Gotcha! I'll put the orders in and it should be ready soon," Kristy sung.

She walked away slyly smacking the objection of my affection's butt and I had never felt as jealous as I did at that moment. I wanted to be the person touching her, talking to her, making her laugh. I wanted to be the reason she bit her lip to stop her laughter. She had the most perfect butt I ever had the pleasure of looking at.

I felt like a child watching someone play with his favorite toy. I had to get a grip. I didn't even know this girl. I was seriously losing my mind.

"I think I'm in love," Brian said suddenly.

"You say this every time," I laughed.

"I mean it each time. I am going to see those long legs in the air before this day is over. Mark my words brother," Brian promised.

He got up and walked to the table where Kristy was sitting and sat down with her. Before she could see him, he turned around and winked at me before giving her his full attention.

He always made good on his promises.

-

*Gabriella's POV*

"What do you mean you invited him to our house Kristen?" I asked Kristy in shock. It wasn't like her to be dumb over a guy. "You don't even know him. He could be a murderer!"

"Oh stop it, his name is Brian and he's harmless. It's something about him Gabby! He could be The One! He told me he could see himself old and gray with me!" She gushed.

I looked over at the table the 2 guys were sitting at. I mean yea he was cute but he was nothing to fawn over. Blue eyes, blonde hair, and tall. Nothing really stood out. If anything he looked like a playboy. I wasn't the type to judge but he looked and acted like the love em and leave em type. I had caught part of him and Kristy's conversation and rolled my eyes constantly at his lines.

"His friend is cuter," I said nonchalantly.

"Eh," she replied without looking up.

It was true, he was something to look at. He had brown hair and I couldn't tell what color his eyes were but they looked like they were green. I was a sucker for green eyes. I could see deep dimples in his smile and his arms look like he lifted weights. He looked pretty tall and I admired the way he seemed to take care of himself. I wouldn't mind running my hands down his arms. Too bad he was out of my league. I wasn't about to embarrass myself. As a Leo, I didn't take rejection well.

"Maybe you'll find your soulmate too when you stop ignoring every guy you meet," Kristy said.

"I don't have time for dating and neither do you," I reminded her.

I didn't mention that virtually no guys were interested in me. Like I mentioned before, I got my few share of guys complimenting me, but they never did anything other than compliment me and the few that did, never wanted more than sex.

"Trust me Gabs, when someone is meant for you, there is always time. Just watch. You'll be shocked at how much changes when the right one comes along," she shrugged. "Plus it's just a harmless little fun. We are young adults, we should act accordingly!"

A group of people walked in and I made my way to the front to help them. Love was the last thing on my agenda.

-

*Logan's POV*

It had been hours since we left that diner and I was still full. No joke. That steak was delicious and I wouldn't mind going back. For the steak and to see another glace of the lovely Gabriella.

"Come on dude! Please! I don't know my way around like you do!" Brian pleaded.

"I'm not third-wheeling to some chick's house. Drive yourself." I refused. "You don't even know this girl. Did you ask who she lived with? She could still live with her parents Brian."

"I'll get lost if I drive myself and who cares? She's hot! She might even let us both do her if I convince her. I know you wouldn't mind hitting that with me! Just like old times in high school," he said laughing.

I had to laugh at the memory myself. "Remember we rode our bikes for 40 minutes in the cold to that college girl's house? What were we like 15?"

"We were and it was just one of the many time you had my back. So come on man, just like old times," he pleaded.

"Fine, but I don't want in with her. I'll just stay in the car until you're finished. She's not my type," I told him seriously.

"Let's go!" he cheered.

How could I want to sleep with Kristy, when I all I could think about was Gabriella? It was like this girl took control of my mind just by existing. It was just something about her that intrigued me. Maybe it was her smile or the way she absent mindedly nibbled on her lip when she was thinking. Whatever it was, I liked it. It was the reason I watched her the entire time we were at the restaurant. It was why I couldn't take my eyes off her. She had completely captured my interest and I had no idea why.

-

"He's almost here! He just texted me!" Kristy said excitedly while straightening up the already clean house. "Dammit! I forgot to scrub the couch!"

"Calm down! Why are you working out here if you guys are going to be in your room?" I asked.

She had scrubbed and vacuumed every inch of the house and I had to refrain her from making a 4 course meal. I really hoped this guy saw how awesome she was and they ended up married.

"He's here!" She shrieked.

"Have fun and don't hesitate to use that pepper spray I hid under your pillow!" I told her.

"You hid pepper spray under my pillow?" she laughed.

12