Game Of Love Ch. 03

Story Info
I have to say thank you...
4.3k words
4.63
13.8k
22

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/25/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N: Hey guys! Once again thank you for all the feedback and the love I've been getting! I finished Ch 3 ahead of schedule actually so now I get to devote my time to working on chapter 4. I'm hoping you all enjoy this chapter and that it's longer. Also be warned that any and all Italian words and phrases are coming from google translate, so if you actually speak the language I apologize for butchering it and feel free to send me corrections so that I know for future reference.

-C

*****

Melodi-

'My head hurts. Why does my head hurt?' I thought to myself, trying to open my eyes.

There was a beeping sound some where in the room that was making my headache worse. I went to move my arms but my left arm felt extremely heavy and wouldn't move well.

"Guys I think she's waking up." I heard my brother say to who I would assume my parents. I heard people shuffle and around me and I pried my eyes open. It took a while before the room and my family came into focus.

"Mom? Dad? Camryn? Where am I?" I croaked out using my right hand to push my hair out of my face only to pull at an IV stuck in my hand and winced in pain.

"My poor little pixie," my mom said wiping tears from her face.

"Melly Bean you're in the hospital. You were in a car accident. You've been unconscious for the last 12 hours." My dad said grabbing my right hand holding it gently, so that he wouldn't disturb my IV again.

"A car accident?" I ask trying to recall any memory of what happened to me. Nothing was coming to mind really. The last thing I remembered was being at my apartment getting ready for my date. Well that and a pair of extremely sexy brown eyes kept flashing across my mind.

"I don't remember it. The last thing I remember was getting ready for my date earlier this evening - or I guess I should say yesterday evening." I say deciding to leave out the eyes that I couldn't place a face to.

"Drunk driver. Witnesses say you were turning onto the main road when the guy came speeding up and T-boned you. Your car spun a few times before you were slammed into another car." Camryn said moving closer.

"Wow I hope no one was seriously hurt." I said still confused as to why I couldn't remember anything.

"Well the woman in the car you hit went into labor about 3 weeks too soon and had a minor bump on her head but other than that you sustained most of the damage." My brother continued.

"Damage? What kind of damage?" I asked.

"You have a concussion, which is probably the reason you were out of it for so long and can't remember what happened. You also had to have a couple stiches probably from when you hit your head and you have a few bruised ribs and you bruised your hip too. The worst though is broken arm. You broke one of the bones in your wrist and another one further up below your elbow." My dad told me causing me to glance down at what had been causing the heaviness noticing for the first time the deep purple cast that stopped just below my elbow.

My mom continued to cry as I shifted in bed determined to sit up higher, while trying not to wince and scrunch my face up in pain. "It's okay mama. I'm fine really. Please stop crying." I said moving to brush my mom's normally perfect hair out of her face.

She sniffled a little before wiping her own tears. "I know that pixie, but I just can't get the fact that had Mr. Andretti not been there we could have last you." My mom said on another sob.

"Mr. Andretti? Lost me? What the hell are you guys talking about?" I ask incredulously. This was turning into one of the weirdest days of my life by far.

"Mel your car caught fire not long after the crash. From what they're saying is that when that dick wad hit, you he cracked your gas tank. Mr. Andretti was the one who pulled you from the car before it exploded." My dad said quietly.

My eyes widened in shock as I glanced at my family trying to get conformation from mom and Camryn that what dad was saying is true. Before anyone could say anything, someone I would assume is my doctor came waltzing in the room.

"Miss Gray, I see your finally awake. I'm Dr. Cho. You gave your family quite a scare. How are you feeling?" he asked coming over to check the beeping monitor next to me. He then proceeded to check my eyes with a flashlight.

"I'm in shock, in a bit of pain and uncomfortable. When do I get to go home?" I asked causing Dr. Cho to bust out laughing.

"Is she always this straight to the point?" he asked my family before turning back to me. "To answer your question Miss Gray is it depends on your progress. I have you scheduled for an CT scan to check the swelling on your brain. It was pretty mild last night when you were brought in but I just want to double-check to make sure the swelling is gone before I release you. If all goes well you'll be going home this afternoon."

"Well that's good. Also when can I have this IV taken out? Clearly there ain't nothing we can do about my left hand in this cast but I at least need my right hand back." I smile holding up the hand that was still attached to the IV.

"Well mom and dad we know she's feeling better because she's cracking jokes" Camryn said from his post against the wall.

"I'll send the nurse in to remove that for you after you get back from your scan. Any other questions?" Dr. Cho asked looking from me to my family.

"Oh wait I have one more: when can I eat I'm starving!" I ask trying to stifle a giggle only to wince at the pain radiating from my ribs.

"I would like you to wait until after your MRI but sure go ahead. Do you have any other questions?" he asked. We shook our heads no and he took his leave from the room. My family moved closer to my bedside once again, all three of them hovering over me, looking at me like I was going to break or disappear at any moment.

"Guys I'm okay. You can relax I'm fine. You heard the doctor I can go home in a few hours." I say as my mom reached behind me to fluff my pillow.

"We know, Pixie but you have to understand that we're worried." My mom said stroking the side of my face that doesn't hurt.

"I know mom but I'm going to be fine." I say again before a thought popped into my head.

"Did anybody call Trinity and Cassie?" I ask finally noticing that my best friends were absent from the room.

"I'm surprised the dynamic duo hasn't made an appearance yet today. They were here last night but we forced them to head home so that they could open up the shop. I called Cass not too long ago to give her an update and..." Before my brother could finish his sentence my two crazy best friends came rushing through the door.

"Sorry it took us so long to get here. The shop got slammed this morning and we had a hard time shutting down early to get here and check on you." Trinity said bending at the waist trying to catch her breath.

Cassie, who was also breathing hard moved in close to Camryn, hip bumping him out of the way, to take the position closest to me.

"Oh yeah just push your boyfriend out of the way. Don't even say hi or nothing even though we haven't seen each other in over 24 hours. That's perfectly fine." Camryn said his voice full of joking sarcasm.

Cassie just rolled her eyes at my over obnoxious brother as I tried to stifle a laugh that ended up being more of a wince in pain.

"Cam shut up. You can kiss you your girlfriend later, after we've inspected Melodi." Trinity said pushing my brother even further away taking the spot next to Cassie.

"Pixie, we're going to let you visit with your friends and run out to get you some lunch. The food they serve to the patients here is disgusting. Any special requests?" my dad asked grabbing my mom's hand giving it a small. I smiled slightly at the small gesture between the two.

"Can you guys get me that really good broccoli and cheese soup from 5 point? And can you do me a favor and stop at my house for some clothes please? Anything is better then this glorified robe." I ask.

"Of course sweetheart. We'll be back in a bout a hour." My mom said as they walked toward the door, her tone making it obvious that she was feeling better now that I was a wake.

"Hey what about your other kid? I'm hungry too!" Camryn called out before plopping down in one of the chairs surrounding my hospital bed.

"Yes Camryn we'll bring you back something too." My dad deadpanned causing Trinity and Cassie to break out in laughter, before turning their attention back to me, the mood quickly turning somber.

"Sweets you gave us all quite a scare. What the hell happened?" Trinity asked. And that was my best friend for you. The mocha beauty was always quick to the point, often jumping in feet first.

"I honestly don't know Trin. The last thing I remember about last night was getting ready for my date with Micah's friend. The next thing I know I'm waking up here." I tell her.

"Well from what we heard from Micah, you and Ben were the talk of the restaurant." Cassie said dropping down in Camryn's lap.

"Wait what did Micah say about my date? I actually went on it?" I ask trying to comb my brain for any memories of meeting the guy I was set up with last night but once again came up empty and trying do hard was making my head hurt even worse.

"All I was able to get out of him after Camryn called last night and again before I left to open the bakery this morning was that you threw your drink in his face before storming out." She said.

I thought about the new information that she gave me. Throwing my drink in his face sounds like something I would do, especially if the guy was a pig. The only problem I had was I wasn't able to remember why I would have done that.

"Well at least I know my accident was after I met with him. So I don't have to feel guilty about standing him up." I say struggling to move up higher after i slid back down in bed again, my hip howling in pain at my movements.

"I wonder what he did to have you go all postal on him." Cassie asks the class at large while running her hands through my brother's hair.

They were a cute couple, perfectly matched for one another. They had been dating for almost two years and I was hoping that my brother would pop the question soon, even though it wouldn't change anything. I thought of Cassie as my sister anyway, Trinity as well.

Before anybody could start speculating as to what my date did, one of the nurses came in to the room.

"Hi Ms. Gray my name is Jackie and I'll be the one taking you back to x-ray to get your CT scan done." She says coming over to check the monitors and my IV bag.

"Okay awesome lets do it." I say as she detaches me from all of the wires connected to the machines but my IV and turned them off.

"Okay boys and girls our patient will be back in a about 20 minutes or so. You guys are welcome to wait here for her or you can go wait in the waiting room if that's what you want." She said lifting the brakes so that she could push me.

"We'll wait in here for her. See you when you get back Mel." My brother called as Nurse Jackie wheeled me out of the room.

When I got back from my CT Scan 20 minutes later, I noticed my parents still weren't back from their errand run and my friends plus my brother were still sitting in the same spot I left them in. The only thing that had changed was the giant vase full of lily's sitting on my dining tray.

Putting the brakes back on my bed, she gathered gauze and some tape then came back over to my side and started disconnecting the IV fluids and the other monitors from me completely.

She threw the fluid bag in the trashcan on the other side of Trinity and moved back next to me, grabbing my hand and placing it on the table next to the vase that I still didn't know whom they were from.

"I'm going to pull your IV out now." She said as she ripped a couple of pieces of tape off.

She slowly pulled the needle out of my hand, causing a slow burn to erupt in the area of the irritated vain and a large drop of blood to well over the tiny puncture.

"Hold the gauze down to stop the bleeding while I toss this into the sharps container." Jackie said moving around the room disposing of the IV cords and the needle the coming back to tape the gauze down.

"Okay Ms. Gray the doctor should be in soon with the results of your testing. You are also given the all clear to eat now." Jackie said before tossing her gloves, washing her hands and walking out.

"Where'd the flowers come from?" I ask enjoying the fresh scent they brought to the room.

"They arrived not long after you left. There's a card that came with it. Cassie barley restrained herself from being nosey and opening it." Camryn said, passing me the small envelope.

I looked it over trying to find any indications as to who the flowers could be from before opening the envelope.

"Well? What does it say? Who are they from?" Trinity asked.

"I don't know yet I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Geez impatient." I smile before turning my attention back to the card.

Ms. Gray,

I hope you have a quick and speed recovery

Kaiden Andretti

Andretti Holdings INC

"Well who are they from? Don't keep us in suspense!" Cassie asked excitedly.

"I think they're from the guy who pulled me from my car. Cam what did you guys say his name was?" I ask re-reading the card before it was snatched from my hand.

"His name is Kaiden Andretti. His company is one of the biggest investment firms in the country." My brother supplied.

'Wow I can't believe he sent me flowers. That's so thoughtful.' I thought, before blurting out loud, "I can't believe he was nice enough to send me flowers. When I get out of here I have to find this Kaiden Andretti so that I could thank him."

**************************************************************

I stood outside of the large imposing building trying to calm the nervous energy that had filled me since the night before. I had been out of the hospital for 2 weeks now and this is the first time my family and friends had let me go out by myself.

I was nervous about meeting the man who had saved my life. The night after I was released, Trinity and Cassie stayed the night at my apartment so that I wouldn't be alone and we googled his name to find out more about the man. He was older than I was by a couple years at 25 and been running his family's business since he graduated from Princeton's business school.

He was also extremely good looking. Who was I trying to kid, he was absolutely gorgeous, one of the most handsome men I had seen in my life. His picture alone had me feeling something that I never felt before and that alone scared the shit out of me.

Taking a deep breath, I decided to put my big girl panties on and walked up to the big glass doors, balancing the lavender box on my cast cover hand so I could pull the door open. I walked into the extremely spacious lobby with the receptionist's desk planted right in the middle.

I noted on one side it looked like somebody's posh living room and on the other side there were a huge bank of elevators decorated in gold/silver tones. The whole place screamed money.

"Welcome to Andretti Holdings, how may I help?" the blonde receptionist asked as I walked up to the desk and set the box down.

"My name is Melodi Gray I'm here to see Mr. Andretti." I say pushing one of my stray curls that had escaped my ponytail, wincing slightly as my hand came in contact with my stitches still gracing my temple.

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Andretti, Ms. Gray?" she asked typing something into the computer.

"No I don't, I kind of came on a hope and a prayer that he would have some free time. I came to thank him for saving my life a few weeks back." I say.

I'm hoping she will tell me he does have a little bit of time, even 5 minutes so that I know I didn't waste time that I could have spent working on the wedding cake orders I had waiting on me back at the shop.

The woman picks up the phone and hits a few buttons and starts talking into it softly before hanging up after about a minute.

"Well Ms. Gray, you're in luck. Mr. Andretti has some time between his meetings. Take the last elevator on the far right to the 25th floor. Mr. Andretti's personal assistant will meet you up there and guide you the rest of the way. Have a nice day." She smiled at me before going back to her previous task.

"Thank you." I say picking up the pastry box and heading in the direction of the elevator bank pressing the up button for the last one. After a few seconds it dinged softly letting me know that the car had arrived and the reflective doors slid open for me.

I stepped inside and hit the button for the 25th floor and blew out a huge breath.

'Get a grip girl its only a pretty face. Just pretend he's a normal guy. Relax.' I thought as I watched the numbers climb higher.

The elevator reached the 25th floor in no time and the doors slid open revealing a middle-aged woman on the other side. She was a few inches taller than I was, her brown hair with a few pieces of gray in it was pulled back into a perfect bun and she was rocking the black and turquoise pantsuit she had on.

"Well aren't you just as pretty as you want to be. All that hair, those eyes and all those curves. You sure are a head turner. " She said smiling at me.

'Well that's not weird in the slightest.' I thought.

I'm guessing my facial expression betrayed my unease because she gave me a reassuring smile, "Sorry about that didn't mean to scare ya, darling. My name is Regina; I'm Mr. Andretti's personal assistant."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Melodi. I'd shake your hand but..." I say gesturing to the cast on my left arm and the fact that I'm still holding the box containing the cupcakes I had made for her boss in my right.

"No problem darling. If you'll follow me I'll take you to Mr. Andretti's office. He doesn't have very much time before his next meeting so you might want to make your visit short." She said leading me to a pair of huge double doors.

She tapped on the door lightly before popping her head in the door. "What Regina?" I heard the deep voice echo out from my position behind her.

"You have a visitor Mr. Grumpy." She says before stepping out of the way and gesturing me in and closing the door behind me.

His office was huge and spacious with floor to ceiling windows huge bookshelves and a few doors that I would assume led to other rooms. In the center of it all was a huge mahogany desk with 2 giant cushioned chairs sitting in front of it.

And standing behind the massive desk was the stuff wet dreams were made of.

Kaiden Andretti's pictures didn't do him any kind of justice. He was tall probably around 6'5 or so and even through his suit I could tell he was muscular but lean.

It wasn't just his body that held my attention. His face looked like it had been carved out of marble. He had strong cheekbones and a square jaw was covered in a few days worth of growth that on anyone else would have looked unkempt but on him it made him look more rugged, if that was even possible.

His lips looked like they were firm yet soft at the same time, perfect for kissing and his dark hair had the perfectly styled fresh out of bed look which looked like he had been running his hands through it. 'God what I wouldn't give to run my hands through it.' I thought.

What really had me melting in the flats I choose to wear today was his eyes. They were mesmerizing. They were the color of warm milk chocolate and it felt like they could see straight into my soul.

"Are you going to stand there and stare at me all day or are you going to tell me the reason behind you're visit today?" His deep voice sounded through the room, vibrating through my body, effectively breaking me from my trance.

I could feel my cheeks getting warmer from the embarrassment of being caught ogling the sexy as sin man, as a slight smirk took over his face.

12