Gang Aft Agley Ch. 01

Story Info
Wedding.
5k words
3.94
63.8k
9

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 03/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers

Author's Notes: Gang Aft Agley is a work of fiction, no characters or situations have any basis in known persons. The story continues the theme I generally use, that of a happily married couple wherein the wife attempts to add a lover to the family mix. In this story the couple has a girl child. Let me be very clear, the child is not involved in any way in any sexual activities of her mother or father. She is simply part of the family. A few of the many poems of the great Scots bard Robert Burns are used as a device to carry the plot in this story. They are gathered from an excellent website of the British Broadcasting Corporation dedicated to the work and life of Burns here/. In addition to the text, Burns poems and songs are available aurally as read by very notable British persons including some by HRH Charles, Prince of Wales. At least two of the poems used in this story are also available by various artists on YouTube.Com, Ae Fond Kiss and My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose. Gang Aft Agley is written in four chapters and each will be submitted simultaneously. Publication schedule, of course, lies with Literotica editors.

CHAPTER ONE - WEDDING

"Do you Robert Burns Winthrop take thee Nancy Elizabeth James to thy wedded wife?"

"I Do!"

"Do you Nancy Elizabeth James take thee Robert Burns Winthrop to thy wedded husband?"

"I Do!"

Robert standing next to his bride-in-process wearing black tuxedo as formal dress realized he had just laid his body and soul bare to the audience with his simple promise, I do. He had bared himself forever with total commitment. Robert let his eyes tie with Nancy's eyes; they were together at soul. He had no reservations. Nancy felt her to-be-husband enter her heart; she knew her love matched his. She was ready to make the same commitment. She would bare herself as well.

"What God has joined together let no man tear asunder." Taking Robert's right hand in his right and Nancy's left hand in his left the minister continued to his penultimate line. "I now pronounce you man and wife." Man-of-God immediately followed with his closing permission to Robert, "You may now kiss your bride."

Robert turned and reached for the veil shielding his bride's face. Nancy's hands moved first; she had planned this final gesture of their wedding in private. Removing two bobby pins, Nancy lifted and removed her veil completely. She handed veil to now husband. "Let nothing ever come between the honesty and love I give to you now and forever. Keep this veil; I want no shield. Please kiss me now."

The couple kissed; at first touch their lips met almost chaste, but they remained locked close for a lengthening time and growing passion. Eventually both realized that they were in church at the altar. They broke kiss and stepped back to turn and face their guests. Nancy couldn't resist. She turned to once again kiss husband before leading the recessional.

An hour later at the reception hall Robert and Nancy continued with wedding traditions. First were the dances: with each other, with parents, with Best Man and Maid of Honor. Next, speeches teasing, but always wishing the couple well. Dancing, snacking and socializing plus two final traditional reception events followed before the newlywed couple could honeymoon. Nancy threw her bouquet to the eligible women in attendance and Robert removed blue garter, but he simply handed it to his Best Man. Neither Nancy nor Robert realized how completely wife's charms displayed, but all watching the garter tradition knew Nancy's white bridal panties had a red bow decoration in front.

First class seats to the Virgin Islands waited for the couple at the airport. Best Man and Maid of Honor chauffeured them and remained in waiting until boarding. The flight attendants took over support duties on the airplane. Robert and Nancy had champagne glasses in-hand as soon as they were in their seats. When the plane reached altitude, the First Class attendant made a congratulatory announcement and the passengers sitting up front all applauded.

Robert and Nancy spent ten days in the beautiful Caribbean setting with honeymoon focus only. It mattered not whether at beach in swimsuits, day shopping in casual shorts and tops, or evening dinner and dancing more properly dressed, they were alone with each other. That there were others around, hundreds, even other honeymooners, was inconsequential; in Robert's mind he and Nancy were a universe of two. Lines from another Robert, the 18th century Scottish Bard Robert Burns, explained all:

I see her in the dewy flowers,
I see her sweet and fair:
I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
I hear her charm the air:
There's not a bonnie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green;
There's not a bonnie bird that sings,
But minds me o' my Jean.

Burns' poem is titled Jean, written to the lover who became his wife, but Robert knew Burns had an earlier lover named Nancy so it was easy for him to mentally redirect the Bard's words.

Honeymoons end. Robert and Nancy flew coach on the return trip to home and reality. Robert must be in his work office Monday. Nancy wouldn't return to her teaching assignment until the end of August, but she had a new home to construct and make livable. The couple had each vacated their efficiencies shortly before the wedding and rented a new and larger apartment. They had a place to live but not yet a home.

> > > - - < < <

"Oh Nancy, just say yes! You aren't dating anyone steady right now. There's no reason you can't be a date with a grad student for one night. You don't have to sleep with him. You don't even have to go beyond a good night kiss unless you want to. Guess what, he might be cute and so much fun you will want to; how long has it been since you've been screwed?" Her roommate Julie used the foregoing argument in the second semester of Nancy's junior year at university, and Nancy finally did say yes to be part of a double blind date.

Robert was actually fun to be with, to talk with; he also listened. Cute was not the right adjective; handsome fit much better. He was over six feet tall, square built with a square jaw face, and he was muscular trim. Nancy smiled when she first saw him because he dressed well and was easy on the eyes.

Robert had similar judgment about Nancy; she was easy to look at and be with. Her five feet -- six inch height fit him. Robert could naturally tuck his date under his arm and either devour or protect her. All of Nancy's other parts seemed just right as well, nice boobs and butt without being too much, good legs from what he could tell as dressed, and what looked to be a very kissable set of lips on his date's pretty face. Oh yes, Robert thought, Nancy is the best looking blind date I have had in quite a while.

They were students at the university; school life and majors kicked off their conversation. Nancy majored in elementary education; she really wanted to teach young children. She could verbally support her major, and her career path, with conviction. Robert was a business major, but he didn't plan to remake the business world. "I am in it for the money, Nancy, the money and the life that money can provide. Tell the truth, the classes are boring. As an undergrad, I liked many of my electives better; they were more interesting and more challenging too."

For a blind date, the evening went well for both Robert and Nancy. They had fun talking, dancing and listening to the DJ's rap. They each impressed the other in the looks department. Robert wasn't a jock jerk and Nancy was no bimbo. The big plus was they found a common subject of interest, English literature. Nancy didn't lift her skirt and hand over her panties at the end of the night, but Robert did get some serious lip smacking kiss time and a promise of a future date.

"Give me once again that last verse of the Burns poem you used. I know you were trying to get a little more than I am willing to give tonight; just that last verse one more time." Robert pulled her to his chest and with lyric softness and his best brogue said:

And fare thee well, my only Luve
And fare thee well, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile

Nancy pressed a kiss laden with passion and then moved her tongue to press into Robert's ear. "Red, Red Rose," she breathed. "Of course, My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose," he replied.

Both were panting fiercely when Nancy finally allowed kiss to break and pulled her hands from Robert's head and neck. Knowing full what she was doing, Nancy took one of Robert's hands and circled it over her left breast as she eased him away. Her hand brushed softly just below his belt. "I'm glad Julie asked me to go out with you tonight. You can ask directly the next time and I will certainly say yes. Good night, Robert; sleep well with pleasant dreams." Nancy hoped his dreams included her.

> > > - - < < <

A good first date, a blind date to boot, does not make a steady couple. A graduate student pursuing an MBA does not have an excess of time to woo fair maidens. Nancy, as fair maiden in question, was certainly not ready to commit after one date. Robert asked Nancy out four more times that spring semester, but received desired agreement only twice. Once a critical exam forced a not this time, another time Nancy had already said yes to another boy. The two times she did go out with Robert, though, built favorably on their first date. Their last date just before semester end finished with Nancy promising to call Robert as soon as they returned to campus in the fall. Nancy's virtue vis-à-vis Robert remained intact through their first three dates, but she had no plan to maintain that chastity much longer.

Nancy dated two old high school friends during her summer at home. To both she gave and allowed a bit of serious, but still only friendly, fondling and kissing. Neither got her panties off although not for lack of trying. If a girl could end her summer with a case of blue balls, Nancy fit the description. She tracked Robert down in his off campus apartment her first week back on campus. Leaning against the door he had just closed behind her and without even kissing hello, Nancy began unbuttoning her blouse. "It's time, I've missed you all summer, wanted you all summer; take me now, Robert." A semester of growing love and sexual satisfaction began with a frenzied hour of lust.

From the end of August when the semester began until December loomed with final exams, Nancy and Robert became all but a married, committed couple. They certainly gave the bedsprings in Robert's apartment a healthy workout. They also spent enough time together, attended educational and cultural activities the school offered, studied side-by-side in the library, held hands as they sipped coffee and talked in the student center that they began to synchronize their likes and dislikes even outside of the bedroom sexual arena. Robert and Nancy came to understand that they were two very compatible people.

Even with their obvious compatibility, both social and sexual, a life timing issue wedged between the couple. Robert was completing his MBA in December and starting on that career path toward big bucks he craved in a city almost two hundred miles away right after New Years. Nancy needed one more semester to complete her Bachelors degree, and she still had to find a school district willing to hire a no-experience teacher for their young children. The couple faced a serious decision; live a long-distance romance or kiss and wave goodbye. After wrangling with facts and possibilities, they split the difference. They agreed to keep together by phone and computer as best possible, try to visit over long weekends, remain as caring friends with benefits as much as they could, but both could, should and would date others.

Robert and Nancy parted with Christmas upon them, but Robert left another Burns poem as parting gift. Robert Burns wrote Ae Fond Kiss in 1791 for a lover named Nancy returning to her husband. Robert Winthrop saw the poem appropriate for his Nancy:

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever;
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee!
Who shall say that Fortune grieves him
While the star of hope she leaves him?
Me, nae cheerfu' twinkle lights me,
Dark despair around benights me.

I'll ne'er blame my partial fancy;
Naething could resist my Nancy;
But to see her was to love her,
Love but her, and love for ever.
Had we never loved sae kindly,
Had we never loved sae blindly,
Never met—or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.

(remaining stanza omitted)

> > > - - < < <

In Kansas City, Robert discovered that what he thought was a hectic life completing his Masters degree did not compare to the fast pace required learning the professional consulting business combined with establishing residence in a large diverse city. An apartment he could afford in a friendly neighborhood meant he would have a forty-five minute commute each way each day. At school, he had maybe ten hours of class time a week at most; in his new job he had ten hours of work time almost every day. At first he tried to call Nancy three or four times a week to tell about his new life and keep the love interest between them smoldering. Robert found that talking with Nancy that often and as long as she wanted to talk cut into what little time was his. By the end of January his calls dropped to once a week and then even less.

As Robert's calls became shorter and less frequent, Nancy talked their failing relationship through in her head. I just know, Robert moved to the big city and found a big city bimbo to take my place. He's just a jerk like most other guys. I was taken in by his looks, his charm and the poetry. I thought he was different, but all he is is a jerk looking for some pussy. Screw him! In truth Robert hadn't had a single date in Kansas City and had deflected overtures from single girls in his office. He was truly overwhelmed, time wise, adjusting to his new job. Nancy tried to suggest some get together time over spring break but Robert had out of town travel assigned. She was surprised beyond words when he called to say he would come to her for her graduation.

After coordination with Nancy, Robert managed to arrive a day early and get a suite in the same motel Nancy's parents would use. Graduation weekend would be a first meeting with parents. Nancy moved into the motel suite with Robert to convey a message to family. Their first night together was the first sex for either in almost five months. They exhausted each other in every way. The graduation ceremony went smoothly; Nancy's mother was impressed with Robert's good looks while her father approved of his good job. Nancy's younger sister just blushed and drooled whenever she got close to him. Parents expressed disapproval of Nancy sharing motel bed with her friend not even betrothed, but said disapproval was private and mild. Nancy expected them to say something.

The couple had another day together after parents returned home. Robert and Nancy used what time they had between sex play to talk about their future. "Nancy, what we've had this weekend makes me ache to tell you come to Kansas City; let's live together while we get our careers in order. It wouldn't be fair to you or me. My schedule isn't going to change in the coming year. You are going to have to find a school district and settle in. You have no idea how time consuming that will be. I think we will have to continue the way we have these last few months. I don't like my conclusion, I hate it, but I don't think anything else works."

"I don't like it either; you are probably right, but I don't like it. I'm afraid you'll find another girl. I almost drove myself crazy thinking you had. In my head I called her Big City Bimbo. I miss you whispering poems in my ear. I don't want you to whisper to some other girl." Nancy pulled Robert close and kissed him.

Robert was right, Nancy understood; she had time obligations of her own. In the coming month were interviews with five school districts. At least two were in Kansas City suburbs; if she accepted an offer with either of those districts she would be within dating distance of Robert. Along with finding a job, Nancy would have to find a place to live. Oh my God, I'm going to have to be an adult. Life was pressing in on her as it does to most graduates.

"Let's make love one more time and give me one more poem before we part." Robert crooned the final stanza of Ae Fond Kiss.

Fare thee weel, thou first and fairest!
Fare thee weel, thou best and dearest!
Thine be ilka joy and treasure,
Peace, enjoyment, love, and pleasure!
Ae fond kiss, and then we sever!
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee!

For the first time, the young couple pledged love, but not everlasting commitment.

> > > - - < < <

Nancy found just how right on Robert was when he predicted the hectic pace her life would take. She accepted a position teaching second grade in a suburban Kansas City school district. She moved into a mostly singles apartment complex and started to feel at home with her entry into adult life. Her life was busy. The part she loved most, time just seemed to fly, was teaching twenty-eight children - eight year old kids - every day. Classroom time was her highlight, but only a part of school life. Dealing with parents was the most exasperating part of her teaching life. Planning, preparation and meeting with administrators and other teachers added more stress. While Robert was still fully occupied learning his job, Nancy had the same situation with her first job. Their personal relationship suffered.

The apartment complex hosted a Halloween costume party; Nancy accepted a casual date with one of the men who lived there. She managed a princess costume with clothes she already owned, a cheap tiara she purchased, and a few accessories she made as part of a classroom project. Her date dressed as swashbuckling pirate. Neither won the originality prize for best costume, but she did have fun socializing with her date and many of her neighbors. Nancy didn't place a big emphasis on the date part of her evening, but George, her pirate suitor, did get a few good kisses and promise that, "Sure we can do something again. I'm pretty busy during the week but call me Saturday."

Nancy dated George every other week because he was easy to be with and didn't press demands too far too fast. George gradually closed in on his target; his hands, lips and tongue managed to find paths to the erogenous places on Nancy's body, but she would always put a stop to their make-out time when he wanted to get cock into the picture. From Halloween through the winter snows Nancy managed, just barely, to maintain a sense of fidelity to her Robert.

Robert called with a proposition for the Christmas holidays; he and Nancy spent the week between Christmas and New Years together. Small as Robert's apartment was, Nancy and Robert managed to share space, lives, and love for ten days. A two-day side trip to visit with Robert's family repeated the meet his relatives that Robert had to go through with Nancy's parents at graduation. Nancy focused her attention on Robert's mother Carla. They came together famously. Carla made clear that when Robert and Nancy eventually came to the will-you-marry-me time she would be very happy to have Nancy as daughter-in-law.

BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers
12