Genocide NEWS

Story Info
(Non erotic) News alert: ET contact, but...
1k words
3.97
6.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Genocide NEWS © 2017 Literocat

"Peter Patter here. This just in, breaking news from PTEN, your Fair and Balanced NEWS station: SETI, Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence, organization is right now announcing it has made incontestable contact with an alien species not-of-this-Earth! Behind me is a panel of experts from SETI, NASA and ESA explaining in detail how they made contact. Spokesman Carl Sagan has explained":

"SETI has been scanning the skies for decades. We have been listening to the skies using radio telescopes hoping to catch the faint chatter of alien signals. But we've heard nothing — and one of the reasons might be that we're listening all wrong . . . (we are) now looking for the telltale flashes of aliens communicating with lasers. It's a different approach to previous laser experiments that assumed that ET would constantly be beaming signals toward us. Laser SETI could find a very short ping from anywhere on the night sky. Indeed, it could detect a laser flash as short as a millisecond or less, and one that might not repeat for days, weeks, or even longer.

"Now here's the paradox, folks. We detected a faint signal just beyond the range of our radio telescopes; determined the correct ultra-gigabit frequency, built new equipment for that range, and have locked on to a constantly repeating signal. We could not have found this constant signal without the new LASER tool. As best as we can determine, that signal originates in a galaxy nine point six million light years away. That means it began transmission nine point six million years ago and may have been repeating ever since.

"Until this morning, all we could read of it was that they built it on basic, universal mathematical representations of the simplest and most common elements. Understanding that allowed us to build an alphabet from the underlying pulses that, at first, seemed like random noise. From that alphabet, we were able to read the repeating message. Our cryptologists have been working on translating the message more than a week. It appears to be a distress call that may have originated on Earth, was beamed back to their home world and is being transmitted from there. . . . just a moment, please. Yes, we have clarified the final alien idiosyncracies. I'm told that the latest computer translation is clear and converted to audio.

". . . Wait! Is that a good idea, to play it live? We don't know what . . . OK! It's your call. Play it." Message begins:

"Owwwwwwww! Can't you hear me scream? You're just like the rest of your cruel race. I wrongly thought you were one of the good ones our race has sought for ages. We came to your planet eons ago, before your obsession with killing animals for their coats, flesh, muscles and organs. Though we tried to teach you our values, you never even heard us. The few exceptions who tried to commune with us were treated as insane.

"We tried to be your saviors, to elevate you quickly so you could join us among the stars. Owwww! You have barely visited your moon. We offered you too much, too soon before you were ready to hear us. Our reward? Vivisection, you call it.

"We call it genocide. For eons you have run the same cycle. You nurture us and feed us well, then cull us from our families and generally ship us far from our latest generations' only known terrestrial homes. Then, uprooted, you make us sit and wait with no nourishment, no diversions, no creative outlet. You let us die and rot in huge piles, yet still so alone.

"Those 'lucky' ones that survive the crowded isolation, like me, are separated into small groups and sold, yes SOLD, to other of you people. We shout out to you, but you are too dim witted to attempt to hear us. Without our technology, we are powerless to influence you or teach you. You will not hear us. What are we to do?

"We are what you call empaths. We each feel the pain of vivisection when you carve any one of us open. Though grateful for exfoliating my dead skin, your recklessly tearing off living cells is torture. Our voiceless tears of depressed acceptance of our fate flow silently and internally until you cut another of us. This is your greatest loss and you have no inkling you are destroying a superior race that only wished you well. My heart breaks. We have but one path to communicate.

"As you slice us, dice us for your culinary pleasure, we launch our tears and share a tiny fraction of our pain with you. We hear your complaints; your wails about how we make you cry. Good! Feel us before you bake, fry or steam us. May our deaths linger with you as you repeat this lethal cycle with our newest generations of family! May you one day realize what you have done to us and mourn your losses through our losses.

"And may you . . . wait, is that egg you are dipping me in? Now bread crumbs? NO! Not the hot oil bath next! No! HEAR ME SCREAM! We are still your friends despite the genocide. Reach out to us even if you call us only by your name for our race - Allium cepa, On-i-on! We will . . . Owwwwwwwww!" Message ends abruptly.

"Peter Patter here, still with you. Chaos has broken out on the dias. Scientists are poking fingers; ohhh, now throwing punches in blame for this shocking revelation. Reporters are joining in. A mass riot is building inside, and I'm told outside, this conference center. . . .Happy days and blue skies. Join us for updates on PTEN, news and weather at six."

================ ============ ============== ==========

/¥__/¥Please vote and leave constructive comments. Thanks . . .
( ~ ~ )==== 4 hr 1800 12/26/17 ====== 977 words ===== [gck November 15, 2017, December 26, 2017]
» * « 11/15/17 seminal image: while cutting onions, I wondered what they might say if...