Getting a Life Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once she made it to the rest room, she released a breath she hadn't been aware she was holding. What the hell was he doing here? Was he stalking her? She hadn't seen him when they came in, had he come in later? But she could see the front door from her position and she hadn't seen him enter, maybe he had been there and she hadn't noticed him. She stared at her reflection, she looked like she had seen a ghost. She almost laughed at that thought, she had been seeing a ghost for the past 7 months and she had never looked half as pale as she did now.

Suddenly she didn't feel like going back out there. Why did she feel this way when she saw him? Fine, he was a hottie, but so what? She had seen her fair share of hotties, she had been engaged to a hottie and she had never felt so...self-conscious and shy. She had to get a hold of herself, besides Linda and Chuks were out there, they were going to start thinking she truly had lost her mind if she didn't get out soon.

They wouldn't be here long, she could just go back there and tell them she wasn't feeling good and they'd be out of here and she would be away from Tai, she'd never have to see him again....maybe that last part wouldn't go as well as planned.

She did some breathing exercise to calm herself and walked to the door, thankful no one else had interrupted her little session. Now, she'd just have to walk past him again, it shouldn't be that difficult, she'd just do as she did on her way here.

She opened the door and literally bumped into something hard, damn it, what kind of person stood right in front of a freaking rest room? She raised her eyes at the imposing structure that almost took up the entire space to find those familiar eyes, her breath seized in her throat, she should have known it would be difficult to escape him.

"Hello Lucky Charm." He said softly, "Fancy we meet again."

Selly's eyes moved to his lips, God they were beautiful! Just remembering how well he used them made her feel warm, she quickly lowered her eyes, he was an irritant, yes, he needed to stay away from her and mind his own damn business, "You're in my way."

"I know that, and I intend to remain in your way throughout the duration of this conversation." He replied cockily.

She could hear the smile in his voice, "Listen Mr..."

"Tai." He corrected, "I doubt I was that bad a kisser that you'd forget my name." He teased.

He just had to remind her, she raised her head up at him, damn he was tall. She initially intended to focus on his eyes, but the familiarity of those eyes made her uncomfortable, so she brought her eyes lower so that she was looking at his nose instead, yes, much better for her senses, "That was a mistake, I don't know you and you don't know me either. I understand that you must have been very tired that night like I was and...we do dumb things when we're tired and sleepy, so I won't hold it against you, but you need to stop following me."

He scoffed, "Following you? Honey, this restaurant belongs to my sister, the Asian lady that came to ask how you were feeling. I didn't know you'd be here, but I am very glad you are, I won't lie cuz I'm truly tired of driving past your house five times a day hoping that I'll catch you outside. I've been doing that for a week and I have to tell you, I don't have a lot of gas money."

He had been driving by her house? What the hell was he thinking doing that? Her neighbor, Mrs. Peterson was very paranoid and could've called the cops on him. Then again, what did she care if he got arrested? It would even do her some good to know he was locked up somewhere he wouldn't get to disturb her.

"That's nice of you, but you need to stop doing that, my neighbor doesn't take too kindly to strange cars passing our street five times a day."

"You mean Mrs. Peterson? Lovely old woman, did you know she loves Thai food?"

So he had met Mrs. Peterson and somehow wormed his way into her good books, she wasn't sure if she should be disturbed about that fact or indifferent because that woman was difficult to please. Maybe she had a thing for tall, handsome, strapping Asian men who brought her Thai food, "No, I didn't know that. Can you just leave my way? I have to return to my friends."

"Well, I was hoping you could give me your phone number so I wouldn't have to waste gas driving by your place so many times." He suggested, a mischievous glint in his eyes

Her phone number? He had to be off his rockers if he thought he wing to get her number or any other form of contact relating to her, "No, no I won't give you my phone number. I don't know you."

"You know my name, and I believe letting me into your house and kissing me has automatically removed me from your book of strangers."

"I don't even know your last name..."

"Tarrin. Get used to it because it could someday be your last name too."

This guy really was full of shit. The only person whose last name she wanted was dead, she was never going to get another last name, "I don't like you Mr. Tarrin, get that into your thick skull, what happened between us was a mistake, it will NEVER happen again."

He cocked a brow, "Are you sure of that?"

"One hundred and ten per..." His lips landed on hers before she could finish her sentence, he was hard and demanding at first. Selly's eyes widened in disbelief, he had some guts, she should shove him away and give him a good smack...so why wasn't she doing that? Why was she letting him corner her to the wall? And why the fuck was she closing her eyes and returning his kiss?

He softened his assault on her lips and coaxed her lips open, slipping his hot tongue into her mouth once he succeeded. Selly heard a soft sigh of pleasure escape someone's lips- definitely not hers. The way his expert tongue flicked across every inch of her mouth made her body forget they were in a public place; her nipples hardened, her neglected pussy began to throb, seeking that much needed attention it had been denied for so long, she was so horny she probably wouldn't care if he backed her into one of the stalls in the rest room and fucked her silly.

Her hands slipped up his toned chest to wrap around his neck, her fingers slipped into his dark, silky hair that was once again in a ponytail. His hands were doing their own little exploration along her body, first resting on her waist, and then dancing along her ribs, stopping just below the curve of her breasts in a maddening tease.

He ended the kiss with a bite on her full bottom lip, stopping them from doing anything she'd regret once it was over as difficult as it was for him. He looked down at her, at those dark expressive eyes that were clouded with desire and those beautiful, full lips that were now swollen from his kiss and it took everything in him to not shove her into the rest room and finish what he started. He wanted this woman like he had never wanted anyone or anything in this life and it sucked that she was holding back for some reason he still didn't know.

He wasn't sure if he was ready to give her time to get over whatever she was going through, and he didn't fancy the fact that another man held her attention to this extent. He knew she had lost someone, a loved one, he had figured he hit the nail on the head at his guess a week ago. He didn't know what it was like to lose someone you were engaged to, he assumed it was terrible, but she had to get over it sometime, but when?

"I don't know the history you had with him, I won't ask, but please Selena, I beg you, give me a chance too. I may never be a good as he was to you, but I will give it my best. I swear to you, just...I just need a chance." He said, his voice low and sincere.

Selly wanted to break down right then and there, she wasn't sure if it was because someone else knew she was going through shit after losing the love of her life, or because of how sincere Tai sounded, or that desperate look in his eyes, but she just felt a tightening in her chest, "I..."

"Selly."

Her head turned to find Linda staring at both of them curiously.

"Are you alright?"

At that question, she remembered how close she was to Tai and quickly pushed him away- well, she tried to push him away, so he just stepped back, "I...yes, yes, Linda I'm fine."

Sensing that he wasn't needed anymore, Tai said, "I'll just leave now." With that, he walked down the hall and away from both women, taking one last glance at Selena on his way out.

Linda went to her friend once the stranger had left, "Are you okay? Are you sure you're fine? Chuks sent me to look for you, you took so long."

"Linda, I said I'm fine."

"Who was that? And why was he so close to you?"

Selly shook her head, "I'm not feeling too good Linda, can we just go?"

Linda nodded, "Sure, let's go. Chuks has paid for the food and everything, the nice Thai lady even gave us some free take-outs when I told her how much you liked the food."

Selena had zoned Linda out, her thoughts drifting towards Tai, she didn't want to think of the things he made her feel when he touched her, the last time she had encountered those feelings were with....no, he could never be him, he had said it himself. She just wanted to get the hell out of this place and maybe lock herself up in her house again, it was apparent that everytime she came out, she somehow came across Tai, she didn't want that, she just didn't think she'd be able to move on as easily as he made it sound.


* Thanks for the votes and comments guys, as usual, it's highly appreciated, I know the chapters are short, but they read better that way. This chapter is dedicated to FAWNSAGE, thanks a lot for the comments. ♥ you guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR* Olanna

12