Ghosts: CATU Book 01 Ch. 12

Story Info
The finale.
1.4k words
11.7k
3

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/12/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Schwechat Airport, Vienna Austria

The trip to Austria was uneventful; the two were able to catch up on some much needed sleep. When they arrived at the Customs Gate, their Interpol liaison was there waiting for them.

"Agent Reeds, Agent Roberts, it's nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Julius Claude. Now we must get to my office we have to get started right away."

"No problem, but what's happened since we left the D.C.?" Spencer inquires.

"Ghost has made another televised threat. They have the same terms, only a shorter deadline. They are giving your country twenty-four hours to begin moving out personnel, if not they kill one of the children in front of the whole world this time. After that it's one child a day until they run out or their demands are met."

"Well we better get going then," Sam says.

——

Please have a seat," Claude says as they enter the briefing room at the Interpol office. The room is heavily decorated with pictures and maps hanging on the wall, files and folders are spread all over the tables. "As you can see," Claude continues, "we have been following Ghost's activity as well as Kloser's. It was no surprise when we received a call from your director asking for our help."

"How long?" Sam asks.

"Five years following Ghost, more than twelve for Kloser. So far we haven't been able to find anyone from Ghost or pin anything to Kloser. It was only recent Kloser become involved, since then the group has become more brazen as you can see."

"We have something now. Any idea where we start looking?" Spencer asks.

"As a matter of fact we do. We were planning a raid, before we expected your arrival, thought you'd like to join it."

"Of course we would," Sam says, not keeping the excitement from her voice.

Spencer just smiles, he would be happy to put an end to this and hopefully save a few young lives in the process.

——

Fredrich cpmes bursting through the door of the manor; he has a grim look on his face. Hanson is puzzled to see him there.

"Where's Rudolph?" he asks.

Fredrich shifts uncomfortably. "Presumably dead. He sent me to the rendezvous point to wait for him and anyone else that survived the attack. The only ones to show up were the Feds; I had no choice but to leave."

"So you came here? You left Rudolph behind without confirming?" Hanson asks, raising his voice in anger.

"I didn't know what else to do sir," Fredrich says, his voice trembling.

"To think I was going to leave you in charge," Hanson says pulling out a gun. He shoots Fredrich in the head.

Kloser comes walking up to him a second later. "The police are here. Get the children moved, I'll distract them."

——

They moved in on a large manor in the mountains. The trip there was silent as each person prepared themselves for the upcoming fight. No one was certain as to what to expect, but knew it wasn't going to be an easy fight.

Claude moves next to Spencer and almost in a whisper says, "I belong to an organization called the Black List. We know about your abilities, we share the same skills."

"There's a lot more to this curse?" he asks.

"Not a curse, but a gift from God. We hunt down demons and their minions. They're everywhere and could be anyone; it's our job to rid the world of them."

Spencer is blown away.

"I thought I was just one of a few," he says shaking his head.

"You still are they are not a whole lot like us. But the few that we are do as we are charged. Here take this," Claude hands him a clip, "These are better than the bullets you use."

"How do you know about me?"

"Black List has its connections; the person you get your bullets from is part of an organization that branches off from us."

"What are these?"

"They are hollow point rounds like yours only they contain holy light. They are more effective, especially on greater creatures and demons."

Spencer stays silent looking at one of the rounds; his life just took an unexpected turn.

——

Interpol was not pulling any punches on this one. As the armada of trucks carrying troops arrived, so were the five military helicopters. Filled with troops they begin rappelling toward the manor. A lone figure is waiting outside in the courtyard, unarmed but with a confident look on his face.

"That's Kloser," Sam says, recognizing him before anyone else.

The trucks come to a halt and troops pile out, guns aimed at him. Kloser reaches into his jacket, before he can pull his hand out the troops open fire. Ravaged with bullets he falls to the ground in a bloody heap.

"Not much for subtly," Spencer mutters. He didn't care if anyone was brought in dead or alive, as long as they were stopped.

"We play by different rules, better they are dead. Less worry of escape or planned attacks with outside help. Of course it's less to have to house and feed them," Claude says almost chuckling.

Sam grins; she sees his point but doesn't fully agree with killing someone in that way. She rather give the person a chance until there was no way out except kill or be killed.

Claude gives a wave; the troops begin to advance on the manor, but stop when the body of Kloser begins to move. Everyone halts and raise their weapons.

"Son of a bitch," Spencer says.

The form of Delgrious forms and rises into the air above their heads.

"Great another one," Sam says to herself.

"Get ready!" Claude yells to his troops.

Pathetic humans. You will not win here, the war is just beginning. Soon you be slaves to us, living in fear and cowering at our feet.

In a language no one there had ever heard, the demon summons a group of lesser and greater creatures. They begin to form out of thin air and quickly surround the group.

——

The battle rages on as the soldiers pour fire at the newly arrived creatures. The creatures summoned begin mauling the soldiers with pleasure; Delgrious joins the fray dismembering them. They fight for their lives, if not for their loyalty and orders, many would have already fled. Spencer seeks out Delgrious and makes his way in the demon's direction.

Spencer fires at Delgrious' back. The demon turns, the bullet flies past harmlessly. A smile forms on the demon's face as the prospect of tearing Spencer apart, piece by piece came to mind. Delgrious rushes at him, dodging the bullets with ease.

He catches Spencer by the throat and causes him to drop his gun. Spencer is slammed into the wall surrounding the property.

I shall enjoy ripping your heart out.

Delgrious reaches for Spencer's chest, when a bullet tears into his back. He drops Spencer and turns to see Sam standing there.

"You were wrong, you son of a bitch. This ends here."

Light fills the demon and begins pouring out of every pore until in a flash of light, Delgrious is no more.

Sam rushes over to Spencer.

"Glad you have my back," Spencer says.

"What are partners for?"

With Delgrious gone the creatures that remained, begin to fade away, back to the pits of Hades.

——

The suspected terrorist leader of Ghost, Hanson Noi, is in police custody today. In a joint effort between CATU and Interpol, he was arrested in a raid at his home in Vienna, Austria.

The twenty missing children were found locked away in his basement; all were unharmed and are being returned home this evening.

The successful international banker and entrepreneur, Gerard Kloser, was killed in the raid. He is suspected to be the financial backer of over a dozen terrorist groups, including most recently Ghost. The CATU and Interpol are conducting a thorough investigation into both Kloser and his bank's financial records.

We now go live to the White House...

"Good evening. As president this recent turn of events has been difficult, as a father, beyond anything one should have to face.

"For too long secrets have been kept from the people and for too long we have been vulnerable. As of today the Covert Anti Terrorist Unit will receiving full funding and restructuring. There goals will be to target and eliminate any and all terrorists throughout the world.

"Through them we will set an example for all. It doesn't matter who you are or where you live, terrorism will not be tolerated. Too many lives have been lost through this tragedy and many more through all past acts or terror. The people deserve to be safe and know the truth and that's what the people will receive."

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I really enjoyed this story!

Would have given it all five stars if I’d had the opportunity. I’m not sure why I wasn’t given the option this time.

However...

I, personally, did not notice much wrong in the writing; but that’s likely because my own writing has terrible errors in it.

As for it seeming similar to other writers, I can not recall ever reading anything quite like this story; which may be surprising since I can easily read two or more 200+page books in one day and my favorite genre has always been sci fi and fantasy.

mokkelkemokkelkealmost 13 years ago

ok finished the first book.

as the rest of the story went forward at a descent pace i felt this last chapter was a bit rushed? earlier in the story you took more time to delve into the feelings of persons. i missed that a bit near the end.

nonetheless i liked the outcome.

as for the grammar/syntax, i agree a little.

the bold starting words could work in a printed book, but when reading online, and in this case you loose part of your sentence structure because of it, it sometimes feels a bit off. it is something you could consider. keep the bold for your site/printed work, but remove it for Lit?

as for editorial advice. yeah there were a few slip ups, but we're all (i hope ;-) ) human, it's only normal something slips through. you could ask a friend or fellow writer to simply proofread, it can already work wonders just to have a second pair of eyes.

myself i have Jazcullen as proofreader (and she catches a lot!) and then Asylumseeker as final editor. I did find Asylum via the editor forum, i contacted him myself and he still had room. sometimes you do need a bit of luck in finding one.

with this wall of text over *wipes fore head* i do offer a second pair of eyes if ever needed (i have the time for it)

with this book read i now will try and focus on my own before i comeback to read the next on the list =)

JoeBarnoskyJoeBarnoskyalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Answer

I have actually contacted several editors from this site and have gotten no responses at all. Other than that no I don''t have anyone to edit unless I pay for one. Otherwise I just continue to write and see improvement as I write.

LoungeLizLoungeLizalmost 13 years ago
Good, but . . .

You certainly are a prolific writer, and you have abundant ideas for plots and characters, but Bowlerhat is right--- it's harder than it should be to read your stories because grammar and syntax need vastly to be improved. Is there a local community college where you can take a course or two to improve your skills? Do you have someone to serve as your editor, to catch some of the things that are slipping past you? I hope you will consider one or both of these suggestions, because I would very much like to see you succeed!

JoeBarnoskyJoeBarnoskyabout 13 years agoAuthor
Interesting

Never heard of either movies nor the dude. I'll need to look them up to see what your talking about buy considering I have never run across the concept I created I figured it was pretty original. Anyhow, thanks for your opinion.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Walking an Endless Path Pt. 01 Joseph Neumann's challenges are out of this world.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
My Little Ventrue Ch. 01 Jack is pulled into the world of blood.in NonHuman
Jack's Moonlighting Pt. 01 Jack's position on returning to Allsa Komanae? Hell, no!in NonHuman
Satyr Play Young Stanley Garin's first job comes with a big secret.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Shepherd's Crook Pt. 01 Ben takes a trip to Germany and meets a new friend.in Erotic Couplings
More Stories