Ghosts of the Past Ch. 02

Story Info
Ghosts pop up at a Christmas Party.
4.7k words
4.54
10.4k
00

Part 2 of the 15 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/12/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, this man is Harold Green, owner and CEO of Green Worldwide Enterprises. And Donald Price is the Chief Financial Officer and his son-in-law. But we still don't know who this other man is...the one I know I've seen before!" Agent Tom Seldon stated in frustration.

"And we still don't have a connection between them and Robert Warren...or Clark...or whatever his real name is!" his partner, Charles Richards, added, just as frustrated.

Assistant Director Peter Woods stood up to leave the office they were meeting in at the FBI building in L.A. "Well, headquarters is finally beginning to believe that there's some validity to those tips we received. They want you to continue surveillance. If we can get positive proof that Warren is in contact with someone higher up in the company, then we'll get the go-ahead from Washington to start questioning suspects and to subpoena the company's records."

Both Tom and Charles groaned in frustration.

Woods chuckled. "I swear... you two look and act more like brothers all the time! No wonder everyone in the office has taken to calling you two the mustache twins!" They both chuckled with him.

"Look, I know you men have been spending a lot of time away from your beautiful wives lately and I'm very sorry for that. It's bad enough that both Diana and Lynda had past relationships with a couple of the suspects. I ought to reassign another team to take over the investigation! But you two are the best agents I have for this scenario. So you're both going to have to do your best to keep your personal feelings out of it!"

Woods paused at the door before leaving. "Tom, tell Lynda I said thanks for her help in identifying Price. Charles, you tell Diana that her Uncle Pete would like to see her more often!"

"I'll tell her, sir. But, you know, you aren't really her uncle!" Charles reminded his boss as he chuckled.

"I know that, Agent Richards! But I care about her like she's my niece, so you better remember that!" Pete Woods chuckled when Charles snapped to attention at his tone of voice. "If your wives give you two too much grief, just tell them to call and gripe at me! I'll take the heat!"

"Yes, sir!" they both said as he left.

Charles and Tom looked at each other, took deep breaths and exhaled heavily.

"Oh, man...I do not want to go home and have to tell Diana that we're going to be on surveillance duty every night until we can get the proof we need!"

Tom shook his head. "Lynda's not going to like it either. But at least Pete is giving us Friday night off so we can go to the Christmas party at Vinny's nightclub." He always enjoyed the chance to catch Diana's act. "Your wife has the most beautiful voice. Do you ever get her to sing you to sleep?"

Charles grinned wolfishly. "Are you kidding? When I'm in bed with her, I'm not usually thinking about her singing. She has much better ways to help me get to sleep..."

"All right, all right," Tom chuckled. "Now look who's talking about their sex life!"

"Get your mind out of the gutter, partner. I was talking about how she scratches my back!"

"Yeah... while you're fucking her!" Tom laughed harder.

They laughed together as they gathered up their gear to head out for that evening's surveillance. They were going to be watching the first warehouse where they'd seen Robert Warren that one time a few weeks earlier. Hopefully, he'd show up again...and not alone...

**********

Friday night, December 14, 1956, Diana and Charles were at the nightclub with Tom and Lynda, along with their friends Jonathan and Barbara North and Rick and Dawn Estevez. Diana was onstage performing.

The owner of the club, Vinny DeMarco, was hosting a Christmas party that was by invitation only. Tom and Charles were startled to discover who else had been invited.

"Hey, Charles, look who just walked in the door!" Tom whispered urgently.

Charles and everyone else at their table turned their heads. The women gasped.

Charles said quietly, "Oh, shit! We'd better get to Vinny and tell him not to let anyone know who we work for. This might be a good chance to get some information on the sly. Catch them when they've had a few drinks and see how talkative they are!"

"Good thinking, partner. You go catch Vinny and I'll explain to our friends what's going on."

Charles nodded and left the table.

Tom looked at everyone else. "Those people who just came in are involved with the company that Charles and I are currently investigating. We need to try and mingle with them, so don't let on that Charles and I are with the FBI."

Barbara said, "But Tom... Donald Price is Lynda's ex-husband. Isn't that going to be a little awkward for you?"

"It might, so I'll let Charles talk to Price and I'll see what I can find out from the other man."

Tom glanced toward the door again. "Oh, hell. This just got even better! Another one of the suspects just walked in! Uh, oh... I wonder how Diana is going to handle this?!!"

Charles was headed back to their table. Tom caught his eye and nodded his head toward the door. Charles looked. His eyes widened and then narrowed. Robert Warren, or Clark, was staring intently at Diana onstage singing. He watched her as he moved toward the bar. Charles followed him.

He walked up next to the other man. "Hey, Ralph. Get me a whiskey, neat, please."

Sure thing, Mr. Richards." The bartender smiled and poured him a drink. Then he looked at the other man and asked, "Can I get you a drink, sir?"

"Yeah... gin and tonic...thanks."

"She's a hot little thing, isn't she?" Charles said slyly to Warren/Clark, who had not yet taken his eyes off Diana.

"She sure is. How well I remember her! I used to date her about eight years ago." And I shouldn't have hurt her the way I did... I was such a stupid asshole then...

You fucking son-of-a-bitch...you did more than just "date" her... "No kiddin'? And you still remember her? You must've dated her for awhile."

"Well, I put in all my effort at the beginning. She had a thing for John Wayne and she told me that I reminded her of him, so I started talking and acting like him. She got real hot for me and... she was a virgin... I was her first."

How could you have done that to her, you stupid SOB... "If she was so hot for you, why didn't you stay with her?"

"I had this thing for virgins then. But she was the only one who didn't cry when I took her. She was really turned on and I didn't hurt her at all. It was a bit of a disappointment at first. But, when I realized how much she had responded to me, I started to see that it was a lot better to have a responsive woman in bed." And one who really loved me... she didn't really love me...

Robert's eyes drifted from Diana momentarily to where his associates were sitting. I have a feeling Lisa could be a very responsive woman. I know she's attracted to me and I sure as hell have a thing for her... Don is such a fucking idiot for treating her the way he does...

"Tell me about it! My wife is a hot little thing in bed! She drives me wild! And the things she can do with her lips and tongue... mmm, mmm, mmm..." Charles smirked.

Warren/Clark glanced at Charles as he picked up his drink. "Oh, yeah? You must be a lucky man! Is your wife here tonight?"

"Yes, she is." Charles paused when he saw Warren/Clark lift his glass to his mouth. "You've been staring at her since you walked in the door!" he said with a low, menacing growl.

Robert Warren/Clark finally tore his eyes away from Diana to stare wide-eyed at Charles as he coughed and nearly choked on his drink. "Hey... I would never have said anything if I'd known you were her husband! What kind of a sick game are you playing?!!"

Charles chuckled. "Relax, mister. I couldn't help but notice the way you were staring at Diana and I get off on seeing how attractive other men find my wife! Wouldn't it stroke your ego to know that other men desire your woman? By the way, my name's Robert. Robert Richards." Charles held his hand toward the other man in greeting. This is one time my given name will come in handy...

Warren/Clark frowned and then chuckled as he shook the man's hand. "Well... this is a strange coincidence. My name's Robert, too! Robert Warren... Clark." He paused and shook his head slightly. "My middle name is Warren," he added quickly. Damn it...don't blow it! If he mentions your other name to Diana, she'll know something's up and she might stick her nose into something she shouldn't...

Uh, huh...almost tripped yourself up there... "Robert, huh? Gee... I wonder if Diana has a thing for men named Robert? I'll have to ask her! Say, why don't you come by my table and say 'hello' to Diana when she takes a break?"

Warren/Clark shook his head. "No...I don't think so. I don't think Diana would be happy to see me. Besides... my friends are waiting for me at their table." He nodded to where Harold Green and Donald Price were sitting. "If you'll excuse me... I need to go join them."

OH, SHIT!!! WE'VE GOT OUR PROOF, TOM! Charles was as cool as a cucumber on the surface, but inside he was quaking. Excitement and anger warred in his gut. "Well, if you change your mind, come on by!" Yeah, and I know why Diana wouldn't be happy to see you, you asshole...

Charles watched Warren/Clark sit down with Green and Price, who stared at Diana briefly and then glanced back at him. When they were no longer paying attention to him, he nonchalantly wandered back to the table with his friends.

"What the hell were you talking to that bastard about?" Lynda hissed at Charles.

"I told him that Diana was my wife in case he had any ideas about trying to talk to her. And look who he's here with, Tom!! Harold Green and Price!"

"NO SHIT!" Tom exclaimed quietly with a broad grin. "Wait 'til Washington hears about this!"

Lynda was stunned. Why the hell is Robert Clark here with Donald?

**********

"Who was that man you were talking to at the bar, Bob?" Price asked as Warren/Clark sat down.

"You're not gonna believe this, Don. Take a look at the singer. Does she look familiar to you?" Price looked at Diana and frowned slightly. "Remember about eight years ago when you asked me to distract that new friend of your ex-wife because you didn't want them spending so much time together?" Realization dawned on Price's face. "Yeah, that's her, and that man at the bar is her husband. He caught me staring at her."

"Damn, Bob. That's some coincidence! But I wish you hadn't dumped the little bitch so fast once you got her into bed! You broke her heart and she and Lynda were practically inseparable for a while! It really cut in to my sex life and you knew that was the only thing I wanted from Lynda!" It's the only thing I want from any woman... Too bad Lisa's so lousy at it...

Warren/Clark winced. Don, you fucking bastard... You can't keep your damn mouth shut...

"You bastard! I told you never to bring up your ex-wife in front of me!" Lisa Green Price threw a glass of water in her husband's face. Then she threw a quick look of pain at Robert Warren, abruptly stood up and stalked away from the table toward the bar.

"I swear, Donald! You need to learn a little more tact with my daughter! I don't appreciate you talking like that in front of her! I would never have made her marry you if you weren't so damn good at your job!" Green huffed.

"Oh, can it, Harold. You know exactly why I married Lisa and how spoiled she is... you're the one who spoiled her!" Price growled as he wiped water from his face and dabbed at his shirt and suit. "And once we get these deals underway, we'll be rolling in dough. Then we can send Lisa on so many trips that neither one of us will have to put up with her any more!" And then maybe I can find a woman who can satisfy me like Lynda did...

Green and Price chuckled for a moment. Robert Clark stifled the urge to beat the shit out of both of them.

Then Price stated, "Bob, here, will be handling the trades between Central and South America for us and Bradley will be handling the Indo-China trades. He couldn't be here tonight because he had to fly back to Singapore to start things rolling over there. Bob will be heading down to Nicaragua tomorrow.

"Bradley contacted his military connection before he left so they could start finding out the locations where stockpiled munitions are being stored. Then they'll start on the false paperwork so we can make arrangements to pick up the munitions when the deals are ready to go down. We should have everything in place within a couple weeks after the holidays."

Harold Green picked up his drink. "Well then, gentlemen, here's to a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And may our collaboration turn into a long and profitable one for us all!"

"Here, here!" Donald Price and Robert Warren/Clark chorused and sipped their drinks.

**********

Tom and Lynda had witnessed the scene at the other table.

Tom muttered, "I wonder what that was all about?" He looked at his wife and cupped his hand on her cheek. "Lynda, sweetheart, will you trust me? I want to see if I can coax some information out of Mrs. Price. She appears to be very unhappy with her husband and a handsome, sympathetic man just might be able to get her to open up. I'm going to charm her, so don't go ballistic on me. Just trust me...OK?"

Lynda took a deep, ragged breath and nodded her head.

Tom stood up and went to the restroom. When he came out, he spotted Lisa Price still at the bar. Her husband was ignoring her at his table. He walked up beside the pretty little redhead.

"Could I get a scotch on the rocks, please. And a refill for this lovely young lady... it looks like she needs it!"

"Thanks." She sniffed. "Vodka Collins, please."

"What is a lovely young woman like you doing standing at the bar drinking alone? I see you're wearing a wedding ring. Is your husband not here or is he just an idiot?"

"He's here and he's more than just an idiot...he's a bastard!" she hissed. But I'm not upset about him...

"Let me guess... he's talking business and ignoring you. Is that it?"

"No. He was talking about his ex-wife!" I'm more upset at what he said about Robert...

Oh, hell... has he spotted Lynda? Tom glanced toward Price's table. He was chatting with Green and Warren/Clark and none of them appeared to have noticed his table where Lynda was sitting with their friends. He looked back at Lisa Price. "Why would he bring up his ex-wife in front of you? That's terribly improper!"

She sniffed again and was on the verge of tears. "All he ever says about his ex-wife is how good she was in bed. He's always comparing me to her! He gets mad at me because I won't do things that she did for him! The only reason he married me was for Daddy's money!" She started to cry quietly. I think it's the only reason any man would be interested in me... even Robert...

That fucking bastard! He still talks about Lynda... Tom gently put his arm around the young woman's shoulders in a comforting gesture. She immediately turned toward him and buried her face on his chest to cry harder.

Robert Clark's eyes narrowed. Get your goddamned hands off of her... if anyone's going to comfort her, it'll be me... He dragged his gaze from the bar to answer a question her stupid husband was asking him.

Tom glanced toward Lynda. He frowned and shook his head. Come on, sweetheart, trust me! Don't sit there and look like you're throwing daggers at us...

Lynda closed her eyes and turned away. Damn it, Tom... I don't know if I can handle this...

Tom held Lisa Price until she calmed down. "Now, why would you think that your husband married you only for your father's money? Look at you... you're a beautiful young woman! You must be right to say your husband is an idiot and a bastard!"

"Well, I think he is, but unfortunately, Daddy doesn't. He's been singing Donald's praises ever since he hired him to take over as the accountant for his business. He says Donald has found a way to triple the company's profits in the next few years!" And I think it's something illegal...

Uh, huh...I wonder how... "Triple the profits... Did your father say how he plans to do that?"

"Oh... Daddy never goes into details about the business with me. He says all I need to know is how to spend all the extra money I'll have coming to me once those profits start rolling in! And that's all I really care about any way." That's all Daddy and Donald ever let me care about, but I'd rather care about more than just money... I had thought I was starting to care for Robert...

You stupid, naïve little girl... "Well, it's too bad that a beautiful young woman like you has nothing but money to comfort her! Your husband really is an idiot." Tom gave her a sexy smile.

Oh, my... I didn't notice what a handsome man you are! And kind, too... "Would you mind helping me to make my husband jealous? Dance with me and hold me close. Maybe it will knock some sense into my idiot husband. Please?!!" Lisa pleaded. Maybe Robert will take notice, too...

"I'm sorry... I can't. You see, I'm married, too. And I don't think my wife would appreciate it!"

Lisa Price's eyes widened when she saw her husband get up and walk over to speak to a gorgeous brunette at another table. She looked back at the handsome man in front of her. "Oh, please, won't you help me?!! My bastard husband is talking to another beautiful woman!"

Tom turned to look where Lisa pointed. His eyes went wide. Oh, hell!!! Hold it together, sweetheart! I'm on my way...

**********

Donald Price suddenly choked on his drink. What the fuck is she doing here? "Oh, shit! My ex-wife is here! I should've known when you pointed out that little singer, Bob! Oh... I have got to go say 'hello' to her! Maybe she'll be desperate enough now to give me that blowjob I begged her for the last time I saw her!"

"Price! You bastard! I can't believe you had the gall to say something like that in front of ME!" Green growled.

"Relax, Harold. I was only joking! Damn... don't you know a joke when you hear it?" But you're not joking... you know damn well you'd still beg her to suck your dick... Price got up from the table. "Excuse me. I'll be back in a few minutes."

The nightclub's bandleader announced that they were taking a ten-minute break as Price made his way toward Lynda's table.

"Oh...my...God! I can't believe he's coming over here!" Dawn Estevez whispered loudly. "Lynda, honey, brace yourself! The bastard is headed this way!"

Lynda looked to her right to see Price approaching their table. He stopped a few feet from her. Then he sneered crookedly. God... I should've seen what a slimy bastard you are when I was married to you...

Damn, baby... you're even more beautiful now... How much money could I offer you to get you to suck my throbbing dick... "Hello, Lynda. Long time, no see! You're looking very well. Fancy running in to you here! This is a pretty exclusive nightclub. How did you get in?"

Lynda deadpanned, "Charming as ever, aren't you, Donald? You know damn well Diana is my best friend! And just what the hell are you doing here with Robert Clark?"

"Oh... Bob's an old friend of mine. As a matter of fact, I was the one who suggested that he make a move on Diana. You told me that she was a virgin and I knew Bob had a thing for virgins...just like me!" Price felt a tap on his right shoulder. He turned around and was immediately bent forward from a punch in the gut.

Diana Richards followed that by smashing her right fist into his nose. Price jerked upright again, grabbing his nose and howling.

"You fucking bastard!" Diana growled. "Do you have any idea how much pain I went through because of what your slimy friend did to me?!! You're just as bad as he is!"

12