Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers

"It was nice talking to you..." He paused to emphasize that he'd just learned the name. "Gary. I was sent up to hurry my daughter along. The reservation was for seven and it's... 6:15 as it is."

"I'm ready to go. What's she wearing," Jo asked about her mother.

James gave her a knowing wink and said, "It's just a simple black dress with a string of pearls. I think she's trying to tone it down tonight. Maybe, we want to show off our beautiful daughter for a change?"

Joanne felt her cheeks warm as she headed for the door. Gary followed them down the stairs and out to the car.

Almost as an afterthought, James acknowledged Gary again, "It was nice meeting you, son." This was the obvious cue for Gary to leave, but he just stood there as Joanne got into her parents car. She looked back at him as he watched her father settle into the driver's seat.

As they drove from the curb, Gary finally turned away.

"Not too bright, that one," James said when they were far down the street. "Was that one of the dogs you were talking about?"

"Jimmy," Karen chided. "She might like him. Do you? Please, say you don't."

"Gary and I..." She struggled to think of a nice thing to say then gave up. "There is no Gary. We went out a few times. I just couldn't be so interested in him." '...since he wasn't that interested in me.'

"I could swear he's not you're type," her mother said as she checked her makeup.

Jo couldn't help but to dig, "You guys thought I was gay. What do you think my type is?"

"I think your type wouldn't know what to do with you, sweetheart. He'd be so dazzled by you that he'd never speak. And when he did, it would be in mumbles or monosyllabic grunts," Karen smiled back at her.

'So much for Mom's judgment of men.' "Yeah, so I'd never meet him. What good is that?"

"Let's just say, if you see a young man walk by you dripping water all the way. Stop him and say hello," her mother smiled at the side of her father's head.

"Ah, now," James murmured. "You didn't talk to me until the next day."

"Well, you were dripping water all over my books. I figured you'd be dry by then."

*

When they got to the restaurant, the host said in a low volume welcome, "We have your guests at table."

As she walked next to her mother, she asked, "Guests. I thought Dad said he had a friend. Singular."

"Yes, and his young friend."

"Mother!" Jo pulled her aside and grumbled, "I don't want to meet some guy you want to fix me up with."

"That's not why you're here. He didn't want to leave the boy at home, and you were coming... What are we supposed to do? There's no place to hide, so you should be polite and try not to slouch like that," Karen said with her perfectly timed frown.

In the back of her head, she had known Karen would do this to her. Now that her mother knew she wasn't gay, she'd be going on these dinners often. 'I should have told her I was a lesbian.' "If this is some guy you think..." The words caught in her throat as she ducked behind her father.

David Langier stood up to greet them.

Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers
12