Girl On A Train

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You still don't get it do you?"

"No, I don't. Whatever it was, I still don't know."

Fi had sat down now, but was still clutching my hand.

"All right, I'll spell it out, in front of Fiona too."

I was a bit puzzled now: I knew I hadn't done anything that Fiona didn't already know about, except the rings. I sat next to the youngster.

"Go on then."

Sophie looked a bit shocked.

"I found the receipt from the jewellers, so I know you had another girlfriend. Buying her an identical ring to me was sick though."

An enormous feeling of relief hit me. I had been stupid, but it was all explainable.

"Yes, I have two girlfriends, and I'm sitting with both of them."

Sophie looked at me with a look of disbelief.

"What! You... You bought rings for me and... and Fiona?"

"Yes." I took the two ring boxes that I still carried from my pocket and placed them on Sophie's magazine. "See."

Tentatively she reached for the boxes.

"You could have changed them."

"I suppose I could have, but I haven't. Go to the shop and ask if you don't believe me."

"But why two rings?"

"Because I want to be part of both of your lives. So, two engagement rings."

"I... I believe you." She bowed her head. "I thought you were tired of me, that my having a daughter was something you couldn't handle."

"How could you think that? Fiona is a great kid, and I love her as if she was mine. I thought you could tell that much."

"What about all that sneaking around? That was when I first began to ..."

Now it was my turn to look down.

"Yes, I can see how that might look, but I had to find your ring size, and Fi's, without giving the game away. Obviously I mucked it up, I'm sorry."

"So am I."

Finally she picked up one of the ring boxes.

"Other one." I said. "On condition that I'm forgiven." She handed the one she had picked to Fiona and then took the second one. She opened it and stared at the ring inside.

"I suppose I can forgive you." She said softly.

Fi finally released my hand and opened the box her mother had passed over.

"It's lovely mommy. Duncan, can I put it on?"

"Let me." I said. I carefully slipped the ring onto her small finger. She held it up to show her mother. I took the ring Sophie was holding and slipped hers on too. "Am I really forgiven?" I asked. Sophie hugged me. "I'll take that as a yes."

Fiona tugged on my arm.

"I know you didn't like to be Uncle Duncan, so does this mean that I can call you daddy instead?"

Sophie and I looked into each others eyes. Imperceptively she nodded.

"If that's what you want Fiona; Yes, I'll be your daddy."

12