Give a Name... Ch. 05

Story Info
Whenever Sam calls Dean's name, Dean wants his brother.
2.3k words
4.16
21.2k
6
0

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 04/05/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Peccato
Peccato
28 Followers

Chapter 5: To What We Don't Understand

Sam didn't say a word to his brother as they were leaving the clinic. This time there was no need for Sam to give pause as he passed the golden statues. He knew now, they were made of gold. Luke told him so. Dean shook his hand off when they got out and moved swiftly towards the driver's side of the car.

Sam let his brother go. It was already hard holding on to the patient's files in his one hand and an angry Dean in the next. On top of the files, a folder marked Morgan Winters was their first lead in stopping who ever it was out there killing these women. Possibly, she might become the first one to survive, these series of attacks. That is, if he and Dean could keep their head straight, to do their jobs.

Sam looked up and it was dark out. The moon was high up, the night air stirred with night time sounds and somewhere above them an owl 'hoot'. The University across the street was quiet but off in that distance he thought he heard cheering.

Sam's anger and Dean's 'give a shit' attitude were the only things disrupting the natural order of the night.

"What the fuck was that?" Sam asked when he got into the car.

"What the fuck was what?'' replied Dean quietly, while starting the car.

"Did you have to be an asshole to him?" Sam asked with a shrug.

"Thought we were doing good cop and bad cop?" Dean chided.

"Dude, you weren't bad ass....just an ass!" Sam said raising his voice.

"Look, I asked the questions that I knew you weren't going to ask, Sam!" Dean said angrily.

"You're always playing Mary Poppins. As if they are the victims" Dean scowled.

"They are victims! Jesus, before you came, Luke was crying about the deaths of those women." Sam tried to calm his nerves.

"I can't believe it. I left you alone with another man for a couple of hours and you managed to infect him with your menstrual cycle. Should I stop and buy you guys' some tampons? And some chocolate bonbon's for you or chocolate ice-cream?" Dean smiled shaking his head, while starting the car.

"Don't do tampons. Cause, I don't bottom. Hey, here's a though? Amazing, you find we acted like women because we can discuss our feelings and I didn't have to guess, if he had a heart or cared. What you know, Luke can actually use his mouth for something else, other than sucking his brother's cock. Unlike other people, who are hard to read and can't do anything else! Wouldn't you say so, brother?" Sam spat.

Sam knew that Dean was his soul-mate and Dean knew this, too. So, they were a perfect match and were meant to be together. So, why was it so fucking hard for his big brother to show him some affection!

Dean sat back in his seat and leaned away from Sam. The conversation wasn't over but Dean was done arguing with Sam. You can talk about women having their stomachs sliced open, about the distinctive smell a decaying or rotting corpse gave, but when it came to Dean's feelings. Dean would lock up his jaw tighter than Bobby's panic room.

"Look... I'm sorry. Just, want to catch the bastard and do our jobs just as much as you do. But we can't hassle our witness. If we want to get the information we need from them. We got a name and this time, we can save her. She's the last one on the list, before who ever or what ever it is, moves on to somewhere else. Your right, maybe someone in the Clinic is targeting Luke, by killing his charges. But we still need him to be on our side, to figure out who or what." Sam said persuasively.

Dean's shoulders relaxed but he was done for to night. There was nothing more coming from both of them. Sam watched as they pass the grave yard, thinking that the dead was more forthcoming that his brother.

They drove in silence looking for a motel. Sam remembered when Luke had returned to the table. How Dean had kept up with his 'bad ass' attitude. It was like watching a Venus and Serena tennis match filled with lobs, backhand drive and drop shots but on mute.

Within minutes each knew how to push the others buttons. Dean suspected Luke of the murders and Luke accused Dean of being an incompetent agent. Somehow, that got translated into Dean not being a good hunter.

Lena and himself had kept quiet and watched the two go at it, head to head; toe to toe. Both drawing out their daggers and aiming for the throat. Thankfully, Lena had gotten up and offered to make copies of Luke's charges' files.

Sam agreed and Lena dragged Luke with her. Luke looked reluctant to go with her as Dean got the last word in. By saying it was the best for Luke to hand over his murder list, so they could stop him from killing.

Sam nearly kicked his brother again, but he had to admit with some embarrassment, Dean was asking some good question in between. Such as, if there was a link between Luke and who ever it was doing this, was Luke actually a target and if Luke knew any of his friends, family or colleagues that might have enemies. But when they came back and handed the files over.

Luke managed to slip the last word in and left Dean with Sam pulling him away. By saying the last Agent to receive files from the Clinic had died and gotten blood all over them.

It wasn't an Agent; it had been a hunter.

That got Dean going and Sam had to drag his brother out of the clinic, before he punched Luke. Seriously, there was something wrong with his brother but Sam couldn't put his finger on it.

They needed to stay focused or they would end up dead, like the last hunter, who tried to stop what ever is out there killing these women.

They stopped at a motel called 'La Petite Crosse' on La Crosse St and crossed the road to its Diner, 'La Petite Crosse Brasserie'. It made no sense going back to Bobby's house in Sioux Falls, this late.

They sat in silence, while Sam had a 'healthy bird' menu and Dean the 'roadside hog'. Dean grabbed his beer and took a deep swig of it. Sam figured that he was going to drink himself drunk.

Another tactic Dean used to avoid Sam having a little chat with him. Little did his brother know that he was in no mood for using his mouth but his fist to knock some sense into him.

Sam was going to ask his brother, if he mind not drink himself into a stupor while they were on a case. When something caught his eye: Dean's naked fingers...

Dean wasn't wearing his usual silver ring.

"Where's your ring?" Sam asked hoping to ease the tension.

"Not now, Sam. Don't wanna talk about my ring and don't you act like you care about it, either!" Dean said taking another bite.

"Dude, you wore that ring as long as I can remember." Sam commented.

He moved his hand to touch the band of pale skin where the ring used to be.

"I just wanna eat and head on back to the motel room." Dean said immediately moving away from Sam touch. "I would like to have my diner in peace, Sam!"

Another deflection, Sam mused to himself, but he was going to let Dean have this one. It had hurt to see Dean pull away from him. A little less determined to continue their conversation, they had in the car, he wondered if they could at least talk about their move to save the next victim.

They really need to put a plan together. Because scoping out the fertility clinic was pointless and putting the women on lock down or stalking them would get them in trouble with real authority figures.

Instead, when they got to their motel room, after their quiet meal, Sam began to rid himself of his clothing and hopped into the shower. Dean sat on the bed, and grabbed the remote from the night stand.

Sam really wanted to hash it out with his brother. His brother was still pissed and he hoped that maybe, a quick shower would help calm his and his brother's nerves. He needed to focus on what he had to say, before he said something to piss his brother off again. Sam heard noises coming from the living room and knew Dean had turned the TV's volume up loud.

After a good scrubbing, Sam stepped out of the shower feeling more relaxed. When he strode into the empty motel room, it wasn't a surprised to see that his brother had left. He was however surprised to see the note lying on his bed. Picking, the note up, he arched his brows.

The note: 'Gone to see the secretary. Be back in a day or two. Dean.'

The son of bitch ran out on him to be with that blond home-wrecker! What part of they are on a case that Dean was forgetting? Sam was so angry he could spit. He felt more jealous than anger and disappointment, but after this whole day, Sam felt nothing else. He crumpled up the note and threw it in the waste basket beside his bed, missing the shot.

Sam left it there to angry to care and stretched out on his bed. He thought about calling his brother. Instead, he grabbed the clinic and the Doctor's file, from the night stand. The files were piled up next to him and he leaned on one arm to flick through them. He noticed the files had the same owl/snake/lion symbol like his badge. Even the Doctor's file had the same symbol.

That was probably where he had some familiarity to the symbol. Though, the clinic's name and logo, 'iStahar', had an eight pointed star with a rosette in the middle over the 'I'. The name sounded strange and familiar to him. He thought, he was supposed to know this. But coming to think about it, all the names sounded weird to Sam.

What the hell were an 'In Nini' and In Anna'?

True, Sam had been distracted by Luke's good looks and fleeting touches. While walking with Luke, it had felt like they were the only ones there. As if, there was no one else around, just two guys enjoying each others company. Even when he and Dean were locked up in the motel room and watching TV. Dean would sit on his bed and Sam on his. Hell, they still asked for a room with two queen size beds.

Sam sighed, returning his thoughts back to Luke. He realized he would have to ask Luke about the strange names and their meanings tomorrow morning.

After, he had a talk with his pigheaded brother!

The thought made Sam's heart hitched. He liked the idea of talking to Luke, more than talking to his brother. But for now he should call Bobby and give him the heads up. Sam fished his cell out of his pants pocket and made the call.

"Bobby, leave a message....Beep"

Shit that was Bobby's answering machine. It was kind of late, for Bobby not to be home.

Sam gave a small detailed description of the names and symbols. He didn't know much about the files but he will send a detailed email on the progress of their investigation.

Sam scooped the files out. As far as he can tell, the files were legit. Still, you can never be sure, which devil or demon was playing advocate for your soul or your child's. Maybe, this was a new type of 'Devil's Advocate'. Sam remembered the movie with Keanu Reeves and Al Paccino. Where, they went about owning your soul through legit legal matters in the film.

Sam grabbed his computer and decided to make a summary of the files contents and of their investigations. He was tired, but he wanted this done and sent off to Bobby. Sam kept glancing at the clock, while doing his work. Sam noticed how slow time was moving when you were working hard. Usually, when he was hard at work, time would fly by.

When it was about three in the morning and he was done with his report. Sam had noticed some things. There was a curfew for the women and they were advised to leave the clinic before or after eight in the morning and to be back before eight at night. It gave Sam the feeling that the clinic was trying to protect them.

Though, Morgan Winters had left today to visit Dr. Lucius office for her 7:30 p.m. appointment. She would be back by tomorrow, after she had visited her family in Sioux City.

Sam thought about checking out the competition and how far were they from each other. He knew there were eight alone in Wisconsin and one close to the Doctor's office named Sanford Women's Health in Sioux Falls.

But Sam was only fooling himself. He knew he was only doing this to stay up late and wait for Dean to come back. Just, to have an excuse to be awake, when Dean got in.

Sam, eventually, hit send and sent off his report to Bobby, along with the pictures from his cell phone. He removed his towel from his shoulders. His hair was long dried and he was already in bed, naked.

He got under the covers, turned off the lights and waited for another hour before he fell asleep. While moving deeper under the covers, he thought about dealing with Dean in the morning.

It was for the best.

Because if Dean was, here. Sam would surely have shot his brother.

Peccato
Peccato
28 Followers