Gods and Crowbars Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Riots?" I asked.

"Not yet, but it could lead to that." said Edward. "T-Square has never been one for problems in the Tenderloin District. He has too much property and money invested; he stands to lose a lot if rioters burn down his clubs. But he and the Reverend Joseph E. Williams talk to Reginald about issues from time to time. Someone is trying to stir up talk about Police targeting Blacks. And Carnes and Cook are whining about the Police not writing enough tickets, and needing to go after petty lawbreakers."

"In the Tenderloin District, I'm sure." I said witheringly.

"Not much gets by you, Iron Crowbar." said Edward with a teasing grin.

"Yes sir," I said, "I've heard a few things myself. I appreciate you telling me, and I'll keep an eye on it."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was their first slumber party. Carole and Marie fell asleep, then woke up and Laura and Selena got them ready for bed. Selena was going to stay in the guest room, and the Steeles said goodnight to us and went home.

Bowser got in his basket and stood guard as the girls slept together in Carole's bed. For some reason, this was a bigger deal to Laura and Selena than it was to me; I'm just not privy to the ways of women. I went on to bed myself.

The redoubtable Bowser had not only saved Marie's young life, he'd forged a friendship between his humans. Carole and Marie would become best friends. They would go to kindergarten then school together, playing together, collaborating on many schemes together that would keep Carole's father on highest alert and on his toes.

They'd share their teen troubles and foibles together, consoling each other over boyfriends and other such things. They would cry together in inconsolable grief when Bowser passed away of old age. And they'd both go to college together... as Wildcats. They would be in each other's weddings, and be best friends for the rest of their lives...

To be continued.