Goes Without Saying Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She gave him a pressing hug and a steamy kiss.

"See you in three weeks," she said as they broke apart.

"Three weeks!" echoed David.

He did not talk to Celia that evening. He was summoned to head office in London, and the Chairman of the Board asked him through Marissa to go that afternoon and stay two nights. The CEOs of all the divisions were to convene the next day for a crisis meeting.

He returned home at lunchtime, and found Celia in his bedroom, changing the bedlinen.

"You don't need to do that every time she stays you know," said David with a hint of annoyance. He suspected it was her way of conveying her disgust at his 'incest'.

"It's the week for the bedding to be changed," she snapped. "So I'm changing it."

He took a breath. "Celia, I've been summoned to London for a meeting tomorrow. I have to go this afternoon to talk with the Chairman of the Board. Then there's the meeting tomorrow which might spill over into Thursday. I should be back Thursday afternoon or evening. Are you OK with that?"

She frowned looking as if she might object, then sighed.

"Yes, yes," she said monotonously with obvious resignation. "Explain it to the children won't you? Evan might worry if you just disappear. I also want Thursday night off, so try to get back by then, or let me know if you have to stay longer."

There was no emotion in the statement, just bald practicality. She left the room while he packed.

He took his bag downstairs and went to talk to Evan, explaining he would be back on Thursday. There was a worry in his mind that Evan might be upset, remembering what he was like soon after Gwen passed, but the little boy nodded and hugged him, then went back to his toys.

David lifted Beth and kissed her, getting a sloppy one in return, then took a taxi to the station. He did not call to Celia: she never replied any more.

He was back soon after lunch on Thursday with a lot to think about. As expected, orders were down throughout the company, and there had been animated discussion about possible lay-offs, or even redundancies in the future. He did not go into the office, but phoned, telling Marissa he would be back next morning.

He was welcomed by his children and found Celia in the kitchen, telling her she could go whenever she wanted since he was not going into work until the next day. She nodded absently and did not reply. It annoyed David, but he said nothing.

Then she told him the menu for the evening meal, showed him how far she had got and then left him to it, leaving the house an hour later, saying goodbye to the children but ignoring David. He sighed. There had been no improvement in the atmosphere, and something really would have to be said. Once again he hadn't been able to find time to talk with her.

to be continued