Golden Keeper Ch. 07

Story Info
Phone calls and dial tones.
3.7k words
4.69
19.6k
5

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Marione
Marione
130 Followers

Hey, there!

Thank you so much for you're encouraging feedback, it really motivates me! I'm sorry this took so long; Chapter 08 is almost done, so hopefully I can have it out to you guys soon. I hope my alternating use of Charamaine and May isn't confusing to you; I'm trying to incorporate a way to make sure it's all the same for the following chapters. There's sex in this chapter (Yay! Ka-blamo! No angry mobs!), but it's my first attempt so be nice! :) Kudos to my awesome editor, angelicsounds, and to Rachel & Mads for their wicked cool support!

I bid thee a good read

~M

Chapter Seven: Tainted Black

He wasn't an empath, but Grant could definitely feel the emotions coming from her: confusion, stress, worry, happiness...She was also distraught. He was tempted to go back to her instead of pacing around the edge of the forest, but he decided her privacy was well deserved.

Anxious from being away from her for too long, Grant shifted to his wolf form and bolted through the trees, running for miles around their camp. The wind brushed his fur back, vines and branches stroked him as he flew by at an alarming pace. He let his frustrations out in a howl. He wanted to make everything better for her, but he knew that there was nothing he could do now. His eyes swirled rich amber and he watched the earth and leaves give away under his paws, leaving tracks around his community.

He made another round and found Orion waiting for him. The tall, blonde man looked eager, so Grant ran towards him.

"So guess what?" Orion asked, smiling.

What?Grant thought to him.

"I figured it out!" he said, jubilantly.

Figured what out?

"Why her wings are black instead of white." His tone added on theduh.

Grant waited for him to continue, so when he didn't, Grant nudged him with his head.

"Could you maybe switch back? I really want to see your expression for this one," Orion joked.

Grant growled,No. Too wound up. Just tell me... is itthatbad?

"Fine," he sighed. "The reason is—drum roll please—she has been touched by...dun, dun, dun..."

Really, Orion.Grant thought at him, sarcastic and annoyed.

"Ugh, alright!" he exclaimed, disgruntled by the lack of enthusiasm from the large wolf. "She was touched by the, uhh... the King of Darkness," he finished.

Grant looked to Orion with obvious confusion in his eyes.

"You mean... the Devil?" Grant asked after he changed back. Orion handed him a pair of jeans and Grant put them on, still confused.

"Not... really," Orion responded, suddenly not as eager as he was before.

"So then what—er, who is it?"

"Well...the Devil is sort of the King of Darkness's right-hand-man... I—ah, it would easier if I only had to say this once... do you mind?" Orion asked, nodding to medical cabin where Charamaine and Emmett were.

"Oh," Grant said, unsure, "she's with Emmett now..."

"Maybe Emmett knows something too?" Orion asked, hopefully.

Grant sighed, "Alright. Just wait a minute until I call for you. 'Kay?"

Without waiting for an answer, Grant bounded up the stairs to the cabin.

¬¬¬___

May rested her fragile hand on his chest, feeling for the life-giving beats that were nowhere to be found. Unbelieving, she leaned over his scarred body and placed her ear above the place where his heart was supposed to be.

"What..." She had no idea what to say.

May felt Emmett run his fingers through her silky hair while he responded. "I don't know. It was like that when I woke up... that's why I figured..." he shrugged.

"B-but," she stuttered, "how could you be...alive?"

He said nothing and brought her face up to his. Emmett's face was clear except for two scars: one, still red, along his hair line, and a shocking white streak that ran from the corner of his colorful right eye to the edge of his mouth. She ran her hand over it and was surprised to find that it was same, smooth texture as the rest of his skin.

It must be old,she thought. It wasn't raised or anything... just a white line across his face. She looked up to the one by his hair, then back down. Confused, she reached up to touch the red scar.

¬¬¬___

I don't think that one's a scar... at least, it doesn't feel like one,Emmett thought to himself as he watched May run her hand over the white streak repeatedly. When her hand moved to the one at his hairline, he almost cringed away from her, anticipating the pain... that never followed?

Emmett felt a new, throbbing sensation where the slash was. Not realizing his eyes were closed until then, he opened them and saw that May's irises had turned almost white.

"May?" he called, using all of his strength to put his hands on her shoulders. "May? Are you okay?"

Her head snapped down at an odd angle and he became increasingly worried. The throbbing feeling escalated. Then it stopped and he was left with a soothing, lighter feeling. He shook his head, more confused than ever, and shook May's shoulders.

He wasn't ready for the instantaneousness of his movements. The moment he thought about shaking her shoulders, he was doing it... too hard.

Shit,he swore to himself,I didn't want to hurt her...What the fuck is going on?

She groaned and her neck snapped back up. He could see her eyes turning back to normal through the veil of her pale hair. "May?" he asked timidly. "May, you alright?"

She stiffly nodded her head. "Yeah... I'm fine... What was that?"

She flipped her hair back and felt an odd sensation coming from her forehead. She put her hand on her forehead and came away with blood coating the fingers that had touched her skin. She squealed and flew off the bed, hovering above the ground next to Emmett.

Where's that mirror?she asked herself frantically.

May flew over a bewildered Emmett and reached for the mirror. She looked into it and was surprised to see a red scar, similar to Emmett's, fading as the seconds ticked by.

"Uhhmm... I think I..." she started, placing the mirror back on the edge of bed, still unnerved. "I think—I absorbed it..."

She huffed and reached for her forehead again, only to find it marble smooth, as it had been before she touched him. Just then, Grant knocked on the door.

"Yes?" she answered in a strangled voice.

"Charamaine, are you alright?" He sounded worried.

"Fine, fine. Come in." She walked to the door as he pushed it open. The relief was evident in his features when he saw that she wasn't harmed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, hovering. He stepped up to her and checked her over.

"N-nothing..."

"Oh... well then Orion was wondering if he could come up to talk to you?"

"Sure," she said, setting her feet back on the ground.

"Story time!" Orion boomed as he walked into the small room, which seemed to become even smaller with his and Grant's large bodies filling up the space. He came in with a chair and flipped it around so he could lean on the back of it while entertaining. He let his sharp emerald gaze settle on Grant, who sat on the floor and rested against the bedside table, May, and finally, Emmett.

"Whoa," he said, surprised. "Ha ha, you look... sort of... like...me." His head tilted at the end of his revelation.

"Aw," May giggled, "you look like a lost puppy."

Grant chuckled at the uncanny resemblance. Orion and Emmett were still confused, staring at each other like they were staring in a mirror.

"Hmm," Emmett sighed.

"Right, more on that later," Orion joked, shaking his head. "So I've come with news on the phenomenon that is your wings, May. You don't mind if I call you May, do you?" he asked, smiling at her.

"Not at all. In fact, the only person who doesn't call me that is Grant," she replied, smiling at him and then looking at Grant, who growled.

"So, May," Orion continued, "your wingsshouldbe white. But you've been touched by the King of Darkness, making them black."

"Like... the Devil?" Emmett asked.

At the same time, May asked, "You mean I'm...tainted?"

"No and yes," Orion responded. "The Devil is more of the right-hand-man to the King of Darkness, so to speak. And tainted is correct, although it only applies to parts of you. Your wings, for example," he said, gesturing.

"The King of Darkness, you say?" May asked.

"Well, that would be the most popular name for him. He is really nameless, but it's easier to just call him the King of Darkness instead. But yes, he—somehow—got a hold of you, and now some of his power dwells inside of you."

"Why my wings? Why aretheyblack?" she asked.

"If he touched you, they should have been more leathery, like those of a bat. However your... good side, for lack of a better word, outweighed his touch, allowing them to keep their feathery appearance."

"So wait... I'd have these anyway?"

"Well, yes."

"H-How?"

"I would assume that would have something to do with your parentage, yes?" Orion glanced at Grant out of the corner of his eye and saw him shrug his large shoulders.

"Then I guess now is as good a time as any to call," she said, sighing.

___

"They know," she said into her slim, silver phone after slipping away from the window and past the forest's edge.

And what are you going to do about it?She heard from the other line.

"Whatever you need me to do, Master."

Make sure that her mother never tells her how to contact Jatteo.

"And if she does—"

Did I not just tell you to make sure that it does not happen?

"I-yes, Master. But what if—"

Then make sure he does not come.

"B-But... you know I cannot stop him if he does, neither can—"

Silence your ignorance, Lynaeo. Do not fail me.

"Of course, Sir."

You know what will happen if you do. I'm giving you fair warning. Collin had to learn the hard way.

An evil chuckle was heard from the other line.

"Yes, Master. I will not fail you." The line disconnected. She shuddered and moved further into the sudden darkness.

___

May leaned up against the window, looking out into the woods. She shivered, feeling like something malicious was watching her. She dialed the number, imprinted in her memory, on Grant's sleek phone. As it rang, she let her gaze drift upwards, her eyes now focused on the dark storm clouds moving over the forest. She almost missed the greeting.

"Hello," a warm, familiar voice said. It was aged with sadness, tears.

"Momma?" May managed to choke out, almost in tears already.

"Who is this?"

"Momma... Momma it's me. It's Charamaine."

"Child, this is not funny. My baby is gone."

May let the silent tears fall when she heard the dial tone. Strong arms enveloped her, cradling her, and she turned into Grant's warmth.

"It's alright," he coddled her.

"N-no! No, it's not. She... she think I'mdead, Grant. Dead." She hiccupped and held the phone tight against her chest.

"We'll call her again," he said softly, upset to see May so defeated.

___

He leaned against the window frame with Charamaine in his arms, waiting for her mother to pick up the phone.

"I told you already—" her mother started.

"Pardon me," Grant interrupted politely, "I'm calling for a Mrs. Fina Hale?"

"Ms. Fina Evler, speaking," she corrected.

"My apologies, ma'am," he responded kindly. "I am contacting you in regards to Charamaine, if you have some time, I would like to inform you of some news."

"And who might you be?" she asked.

"Grant Leighnaan, ma'am."

"Mr. Leighnaan, I am not very fond of your games."

"No games, ma'am," he replied. "She called you previously."

"My daughter isdead," she ground out.

"I'm afraid not, Ms. Evler."

"Do you know what you'resaying?!" she yelled into the phone, heartbroken. "You are disgusting. Only a soulless man would play such a horrid trick on a weeping mother. Ugh!" She cursed him, and then hung up.

"Kita," Charamaine told him after her mother hung up. He placed the phone into her outreached hand. She dialed and the waiting game began again.

___

"'Lo?" a groggy voice answered the shrill ring of the phone.

"Kita?"

"Dammit, Ayako. You know I don'teverwake up this early on a Saturday. This'd better be good," she slurred.

"Kita, it's not Aya."

"Ohh. Hey, Kaia. I reiterate.What do you want?"

"No, Kita. Listen. It's May.

"May?" she asked, confused.

"Charamaine, Kita. Your sister."

"No,youlisten, I don't know who the fuck—"

"Rikita!" she yelled, getting her sister's attention, and then rattled off a series of numbers in French quietly into the phone. "Dix-neuf, quinze. Vignt, huit, cinq. Dix-neuf, vignt-et-un, quatorze. Dix-huit, neuf, dix-neuf, cinq, dix-neuf."

"Nineteen, fifteen, twenty, eight, five, nineteen, twenty-one, fourteen, eighteen, nine, nineteen, five, nineteen," May heard Grant repeat this aloud in English.

There was silence on the other line for heavy seconds before May's sister finally responded. "How do you know this number?" she asked, darkly.

"Kita, it's me. Really." She was trying to hold onto her tears, now.

"What does it mean?"

"Kita, we'reneversupposed to say."

"Hmph. If you're reallyMay-May, then we'll come up with a new one.What does it mean?"

"Alors, le soleil rises," she said, starting in French but switching to English as they had when they were younger.

More silence.

"May?"

"Kita, it's me."

"May..." came another choked sob, "May, where are you?"

May looked down to the floor, letting more silence fill the gap.

"Okay. You don't need to tell me. How are you, May? What happened? We thought... May, Momma thinks that you—you'redead."

"I know, Kita," she replied, sadly. "I don't think I can tell you what happened over the phone. Can you... can you come here?"

She turned in Grant arms to see him nodding. "Yes, Kita, come see me,please."

"What's wrong, May-May? Why can't you comehere?"

"Because I—I can't." Her hand started shaking and Grant took the phone.

"Rikita?"

"Who is this?"

"We will have someone arrive at you mother's house to pick you both up in about..." Grant looked at the clock on the wall. "Oh, about four hours. Be ready."

"Wait, where's May?"

"She's here."

"Well, can Italkto her?"

"She is a little shaken up right now. She will call you back for certain."

"I'm not going anywhere 'til she calls me."

"I know." He hung up and placed the phone on the windowsill. He hugged Charamaine to him tightly, kissing her neck gently.

May clutched at Grant's shirt, forcing her quiet sobs to die down.

"Who will go and get her?" she asked quietly, distracted by the feeling of Grant's lips on her collarbone.

"I'll send Rebekah," he replied, his voice muffled by her smooth skin.

"Who is Rebekah?" she asked him, closing her eyes and sighing, still unaware of their audience.

He shrugged then grunted into her skin, sending delicious vibrations along her spine. He lifted her up easily and sped out of room, leaving behind the knowing glances of the two golden-haired men.

___

"Who knew a phone conversation would be such a turn on," May commented as they tumbled onto his large bed, the silk navy sheets stitched with gold that matched his eyes.

"Mmm," he mumbled into her neck.

Grant's hands slowly inched their way up May's responsive body, peeling the shirt off as he massaged her. May groaned as he rubbed her hot skin, leaving goosebumps behind. She felt his lips travel up to her chin and she wrapped her arms around his neck to tug his lips down to hers. Her sigh was captured by his lips, warm with arousing passion, and suddenly intense upon her own. She thought if she could only do one thing for the rest of her life, it would be kissing him.

She felt her eyes roll back underneath her eyelids, her being succumbing to the flames licking at her flesh. May moaned heavily into Grant's mouth when his hands moved up to rest on her breasts. He took the moment to explore her mouth with his tongue, causing another moan to tear its way from her throat. His fingers played with the peaks of her breasts, making her squeal in delight, all her sounds engulfed by the mouth against hers.

Her arms slid down Grant's fit torso, admiring with her hands the sculpted body that hovered above her. Wanting to feel every inch of his skin on her, she pulled his hands to the hem of her shirt, wordlessly pleading for him to rip it off... again. May was in ecstasy when Grant pressed his hot chest down onto her now bare skin. The sensations were overwhelming, her nipples hardened to diamond peaks against him.

Grant left her right breast, his hand now trailing down towards her most private area. She raised her slender, pale hips up to his searching hand. He slid his hand beneath her shorts and panties to play with the dripping folds that eagerly awaited his touch. He dragged his middle finger up and down her slit while he let his thumb moved rapidly across her clit. His mouth left hers and traveled to suckle the skin beneath her ear.

"Grant, I—ah,please," she whimpered.Sweet torture,she thought.

"What do you want, Chara?" he whispered huskily into her ear.

"You... Grant, Ineedyou... in me...now," she pleaded. His toying fingers were driving her insane.

"Are you sure?" he asked, bringing his golden eyes, swirling with unadulterated passion, up to hers, glowing an eerie blue.

"Yes!" she moaned, dragging her nails down his back as if to emphasize her point.

She kicked her bottoms off once he slid them to her ankles.

He's wearing too many clothes,she thought.Unfair...

She struggled to unbutton his jeans through the haze of passion that clouded her mind.

"Ugh," she complained, and looked up the Grant for assistance.

His warm eyes bore into hers with a possessiveness that set her skin afire again. May's eyes drifted lower and saw his mouth twisted in a crooked, smug half-smile. She grunted and shoved her hand inside his jeans, discovering his painfully erect member.

His smile quickly faded and he captured her lips with groan as she slid her hand up and down his steely length. Grant held the back of her head, keeping her swollen lips against his, with one hand, while he hurriedly rid himself of his confining jeans with the other.

Finally free, he slid his body back up and May wrapped her long, smooth legs around his hips to lock him into place. She felt Grant bring his other hand up and he cupped her face, kissing her to the point that she was unsure if making coherent sentences was even possible.

Everyone should be wanted like this,she thought.

Leaving her breathless and begging, he let one hand wander down her body again until he reached her sex, delving one finger in to prepare her.

"More, Grant.More," she pleaded.

She watched him under heavy lids as he removed his finger from her gripping hole to taste her feminine juices. May didn't think there had ever been a more erotic sight. She impatiently reached down and pulled his thick cock closer to her nether lips, wanting him inside her.

They moaned in unison when Grant slid slowly into her, feeling her gripping inner walls. Her back arched up, her breasts pointing skyward in an offering, one that Grant soon devoured. May gasped and bucked as he started to piston in and out of her, nibbling on her mounds of flesh with his hot mouth. Her hands scraped up his chest, raking across his flat nipples, making him groan. She locked her hands in his long, black hair, pulling him closer and urging him to fuck her harder.

"Oh... oh!" she gasped, drowning in her pleasure.

"What, baby? What do you want?" he spoke, his lips at the corner of her mouth.

Marione
Marione
130 Followers
12