Golden Keeper Ch. 10

Story Info
Visitors and disappearances.
5.8k words
4.72
18.5k
7

Part 10 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Marione
Marione
130 Followers

Chapter 10: Visitors

People always say that when you die you are subjected to the bright, white light of a seemingly infinite tunnel. That was what May saw and she hoped she wasn't dying.

Maybe I fell off . . .She shuddered.

That was definitely an unpleasant thought. She opened her eyes and squinted at the blinding light that came from nowhere. She was still on the cliff edge, which meant she was still alive. That was good. She tried to open her eyes more, but they rejected being exposed to the shining atmosphere. Through the narrow opening between her eyelids, she saw a ghostly figure.

Daddy?She wondered as the figure materialized more.

As it came into the present, the light faded until it was just a slight aura surrounding the man. He smiled at her and all of her childhood memories came rushing back. She'd expected him to be wearing robes of some sort, the light gray, long-sleeved shirt and slacks he donned surprising her. The white-haired man moved closer to her along the rocks, arms open in an inviting embrace.

"Papa!" she called aloud, flinging herself into his arms.

"Ma petit," he sighed, "you have changed so little." His accent was thick.

She squeezed him tighter, in disbelief. "I have so many questions for you! I — I . . ." She didn't know where to start.

He leaned away from her and grasped one of her hands in his own slender one. "I will answer as best I can. But first," he gently grabbed her chin in his other hand and brought her eyes up to his, "I have a story for you."

Looking into her father's wise eyes, she could see the story he was telling; the images drifted through her mind like pages from a storybook.

"There are those above us and they watch out for our people. We cannot see them, but it is said that every thousand years or so they return to this mortal plane. There are four of them — we call them Superiors. Andreinna watches over loyalty and infidelity, as well as truth and lies. Oran is the Superior over the gluttonous and the deprived. Salandar oversees righteousness and duty. The final Superior, Leo, watches over hope, the good, the wrong and the damned.

When the time came for them to walk the ground as mortals again, to see the world through the people's eyes, they stayed on Earth for centuries — always changing names, faces, locations. They took up jobs and worked like regular mortals, though their human contact was limited to only what was necessary. However, Leo craved the human affections he saw from day to day. He searched every corner of the globe for someone, going through many in the process. He found a woman, Corinne, in France, who was perfect. To him, she was worth waiting thousands upon thousands of years for. She was exquisite with her incredibly long, lustrous, dark golden locks and deep, warm brown eyes.

Their tryst became heavy gossip back in his home realm. The most surprising thing, though, was Leo's unexpected attachment to the frail, little human woman. He stayed with her — everyday — for six human years, until she turned twenty-four. Then he disappeared for days. He'd gone to ask his Father if he could make tiny Corinne forever his.

When he came back and gave Corinne the gift of immortality, she was shocked, to say the least. She ran from him and stayed hidden for almost two centuries, until Leo could take no more and asked for help from the Seers. They see all that has happened, all that hasn't, what might, and what might not. He succeeded in finding her, but she was not very forgiving. The two of them fought for centuries in the mortal world before Leo took her back up with him to his home, where they have remained, rekindling their love.

It is said that they'd conceived when Corinne was human, but the process was slowed when she was Turned — birth between two immortals was unheard of. That being said, she was pregnant for about three years."

Charamaine's eyes grew wide.

"She had three children from that one birth," he continued. "I, the oldest; Mariette, the female child; and Petiro, the youngest. My brother and I are replicas of our father, with the same white hair and silver eyes. Mariette is the spitting image of our mother, with a trail of golden hair and clear brown eyes.

My father took my mother and retired, for lack of a better term. They live in the mortal world from time-to-time, but mostly they live with the other immortals. He left his powers to his children. He gave hope to Mariette, the wrong and the damned to Petiro, and the good to me. However, Petiro was easily corrupted by the temptations of the underworld and so he was banished to rest between the realms for one thousand years before he could try his hand at being a Superior again. If we still saw him unfit to rule, he would be banished there for eternity."

Jatteo took May by her elbow and had her turn around to face the nothingness she'd seen earlier. He watched his daughter as she took in everything — and the lack of anything in the vast, infinite space.

"The cycles continued in Petiro's absence; the wrong and the damned were under my control until he returned. We went back to earth for a few centuries, exploring our creations. I found your mother in much the same way my father found Corinne, my mother. The only differences being that she was American and I already knew when I'd finally see her, and what she'd look like. A Seer had come to me and told me my future, for it gave life to an even more important one. The Seer told me I would conceive a child with her of enormous power — power so great it would be nearly palpable at birth. We hadn't realized we would have more than one child until your sister was born — without magic. When she became pregnant with you, your gifts were passed to your mother."

This was news to May. She'd always thought she inherited her telekinesis from her mother, not the other way around.

"You remember when I left." It wasn't a question. He watched her nod.

"I only left because I had to. Petiro had heard of your birth and when he came back into the realms, he felt your power . . . Then again, most magical beings did. You are incredibly strong, my dear. I doubt you have come to terms with just how much." He stroked her cheek in a fatherly manner.

"So when he came back, he started to search for you, for you can bring ultimate salvation or total destruction. I hadn't realized his intentions to use you for the latter and I let him get too close — but not for long. He placed a hex on you as a newborn, so you would be extremely susceptible to the devious and disastrous urges of the underworld. Your mother and I hadn't come to terms with this until your wings darkened." He motioned to the dark feathers looming behind her.

"When you were born they were tiny and white." He smiled a small smile.

"Your mother, Fina," he said her name with such reverence and adoration it was impossible to believe he couldn't love her still, "and I managed to release the curses on your infant person to the best of our ability. We cloaked your wings, the black would make otherworldly beings think of you as a member of the underworld. Petiro was banished to the underworld afterward. Father was merciful. He has been there for almost twenty-four years now, waiting for you."

"The blonde woman . . ." May suggested unsteadily.

He'd seen the direction of her thoughts. "I would never be unfaithful to you mother.Never. That was Mariette, my sister. I had contacted her to tell her that Petiro was after my youngest and she helped me shield away your powers so that it was impossible to track you. You became just a normal, human girl — your telekinesis slipped through the cracks somehow. But, I still had to leave in case he could find me, which would lead him to you. So soon, child, very soon, he will come back for you, most likely wielding a sacrifice for trade."

"Sacrifice?" May shivered. Her uncle did not seem to be the nicest man.

"Yes, but do not get trapped in his mind games. Use your own power, Charamaine. When it manifests, make sure he cannot get a hold of it or you. You will be more powerful than he could ever dream of being."

"What do you mean 'manifest'?" May asked quietly.

"On the next anniversary of my mother's Turning, you will be granted the full extent of your power."

May was confused, to say the least. She'd always thought that she already had her powers. "Papa," she said aloud, "I don't understand. I'm already a telekinetic. What else can I do?"

"Anything," he replied in an uneasy whisper. "My Father's powers, thankfully, skipped a generation and are all being passed on . . . toyou."

He turned them around, took her hand in his own, and they started back towards the forest across the meadow.

"He's probably worried — though I can't tell well from here," her father said suddenly when they reached the forest's edge.

"Who?" May asked, thrown off by the topic change.

"Your mate."

May blushed. "I didn't think . . ."

"I can smell him on you, plus he marked you," he added, a slight smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

May's blush warmed ten-fold. She thought her cheeks were on fire! "Oh," she responded after trying to unsuccessfully gather her wits. "I — I'm sorry. I wouldn't have . . . I thought you — I, uhm . . . well . . ."

He squeezed her hand slightly— hers almost slick from her embarrassment — and her gaze shifted from her toes to him in time to see that they'd already made it back to the cabin.

"How did you know where . . ." her voice trailed off.

"I saw it in your head, dear."

She subconsciously raised her free hand and pressed it to her temple.

Jatteo chuckled. "Ma petit, you would not notice if I was in your head. I've practiced for a long, long time."

"Grant," she started, then added hesitantly, "my mate . . . He can do that, also."

She watched her father nod. She realized he must have already known that. Another thought occurred to her. "How old are you, Papa?"

They were on the front porch steps then.

"I am old enough . . . to come from a period where time was not documented as it is today."

She blinked spastically as the reality of his words set in. "Whoa," she mouthed.

She felt him stifle a chuckle beside her.

"Do you want to . . . come in?" she asked, gesturing to the cabin.

"Of course." He nodded.

The father and daughter pair floated up the steps to the door. "Grant . . . he's sleeping, so try and be quiet, please."

She received a grin and a nod of consent. She cracked open the door and floated softly above the ground. May checked behind her to see her father was doing the same. There were no lights on, so she assumed Grant hadn't noticed she'd been gone the entire night.

She felt a twinge of disappointment, she wanted him to miss her and come out after her. She had wanted him to be concerned like he always was.

"Oh, he was," her father said conversationally, as if he wasn't reading her mind and she was talking aloud.

"How do you know?"

She led him back towards the small kitchen area, seeing perfectly in the dark.I wonder if he eats . . .

"He knows because I've been up all night, waiting for you to come back to me."

The voice startled her, and she whipped her head to left to see Grant leaning against the counter. Her hands flew up to her heart, her breath came out in a rush.

"Oh! I thought you were asleep," she breathed after a moment.

"And I do eat, but not often, since I don't have to." Her father's response to her earlier thought was a little late.

She looked at him quizzically and got out the fixings for a sandwich. "Would you like one?" she asked Grant after her heart re-started.

"Yes, please." He stepped up behind her and licked her bite-mark.

"Grant," she chided, swatting at his head with one hand.

He just growled at her and flicked the lights on.

May gasped. "That's so bright!"

"Isn't it?" her father agreed.

May looked to him, he was seated at the bar stool across the counter. She held in her gasp — just barely. She hadn't remembered her father looking like that. His irises were such a light shade of silver in this light, that they looked nearly white. The effect was unnerving.

"You are just like her," her father told her once he finished eating. "You cook like her, too."

"I will take that as a compliment."

Jatteo smiled at her.

"She's here, you know. She would love to see you. She misses you so, so much, Daddy."

He struggled with words for a moment. "I don't know if that's the best idea —"

"Nonsense!" May got up and basically dragged her father to the front door.

His eyes had returned to normal without the fluorescent light. "You know where to go, right?"

"Well, yes —"

"Then good luck!"

She hugged her father and sent him on his way. She closed the cabin door behind the confused man. May waited until her father disappeared to speak. She turned around knowing Grant was right behind her. He pushed her up against the door, his front flush against hers.

He nipped at her neck. "I knew the moment you left our bed."

"You did?" she half moaned.

"Mm-hmm. But I decided you needed to do it on your own."

She gasped when his lips trailed south. "Th-thank you."

"Mmm," he mumbled into her skin, "anytime, baby."

"Bed!" she ordered, her back arched.

"As the lady wishes," Grant replied as he whisked her away.

___

Fina sat by the window in a wooden rocking chair, slowly brushing her hair before she went to bed. It was late, sure, but Fina couldn't sleep. She rarely could anymore. She was glad she had a separate room from her daughter; she didn't want to have to answer any questions. She loved Kita to death, but that girl had no sense of privacy.

She sighed and put her brush down. Fina got up and leaned out the open window on her palms. "I miss you so much," she sighed into the slight breeze outside.

"I missed you, also."

Fina felt her scream get lodged in her throat as the familiar, melodic voice registered in her mind and tears formed in her eyes. She turned around very, very slowly, her eyes squeezed shut.

She heard a chuckle that brought a welcome ache to parts of her body. "Do you wish not to see me, Fina?"

Fina fought the outrageous urge to giggle as she opened her eyes into slits.After all this time, his English is still barely understandable.Her eyes popped open — the tears making fresh trails down her hot cheeks — but she refused to believe that he was actually there...with her.

"Wha . . . h-how . . . why?" Her incoherent babbling was cut off by the sobs that threatened to choke her. She slumped down in the chair again.

"Ma chère," Jatteo groaned, clearly upset, "I thought you would be happy to see me." Then he was suddenly by her side, kneeling down to her level.

"You don't know how long I've wished for you to come back to me. But you're not here. You're not r-r-real," she hiccupped.

He tsked. "Fina, my dear, I will always come back to you."

She looked up at him with wide, agony-filled eyes, and it broke his heart all over again. Fina laid her head on his shoulder. It was incredible. He was exactly the same as he was when he left all those years ago. And still just as handsome . . .

"I heard that," he murmured, kissing her hair.

Her face flamed. "Get out of there," she whispered.

"Ah, but my dear, you think so loudly. I'm quite enjoying your detailed accounts of our romance. It would almost make me feel as if you want me, still . . . no?" He tilted her head up to his so he could see her face again. He'd gone so long without it.

And then her lips were on his, forcefully taking what she'd been waiting twenty years to have back. She stroked his cheek, his forehead, anything she could reach, memorizing him.

He wrapped one arm around her waist and hoisted her body up to his. His other hand traced patterns down her neck and over her collarbone, back and forth, over and over again, until she felt weak in her knees. Their lips never parting, he slowly walked her to the bed nearby. Her pushed her down gently and leaned back up, away from her scorching mouth.

She watched his eyes take on a slight euphoric glow, resembling a devastating pool of mercury. Her breath came out in a huff. "Immortality suits you."

Her voice sounded hoarse to her own ears, she was embarrassed to imagine how it must sound to him. He chuckled, obviously hearing her thoughts, and she blushed. He bent back down over her, his body pressed intimately against her. He nipped at her neck and stifled his tight groan when her hips lifted to meet his.

His face buried in her sweet-smelling hair, his voice was muffled. "It could suit you, also."

He slowly lifted his gaze back to hers after feeling her body stiffen. He made tiny kisses all over her neck and jaw along the way — almost afraid of seeing her reaction.

Fina's mind was already incredibly hectic, but now her head was spinning. She was sure that even he wouldn't be able to understand her thoughts at the moment. "I —" She had no idea what to say.

She heard him sigh and then her body was being lifted. He placed her head up by the pillows and her body under the thick covers. He moved away, but she grabbed his wrist tightly and pulled him down to her.

"You know I love you . . ." she started.

"As I, you."

"And I always will . . ." she continued, unsure. "But I can't . . . when they . . . I would have to see them..." She cut herself off and buried her face his chest.

"I see," he said, sadly. But he also knew something else. "My heart, you will not have to. Charamaine has already been gifted eternal life."

There was a thick silence before her outburst. "What?!" She was so startled that she shot up to a sitting position.

He cringed. "It has never happened in our history before, but when she finally receives all of her . . . abilities . . . she will walk with us forever."

Fina took in deep breaths and looked back down at him. "Jatteo, howcouldyou?" She was in a state of disbelief.

He looked at her with shocked eyes. "Surely you could not think..." He paused, seeing that she could.

"Fina, I would never," he stated as he sat up and grabbed her by the shoulders, "neverdo such a thing." He was surprised at the hurt that colored his tone.

She was surprised as well, and felt guilty for even suggesting it. "I didn't mean . . ." She didn't know what she meant. She crawled into his lap and was glad when his arms instinctively wrapped around her again.

"And Kita?" she asked after a moment. "What about her?"

He didn't want to tell her this. "It has been seen..."

She gasped at his pause, tears welling again.

"That she will be granted long life, but for different reasons; it will be an accident — a tragedy," he continued, holding her closer.

He felt the sobs continue to shake her small frame. "Not mybaby! Not her, too."

"Anaccident, sweet. She will not realize what has happened when she wakes."

"Please, stay out," she said as she forced him out her mind while she thought.

"Of course."

They sat like that for a while, both in deep thought. She didn't even notice when he laid her down again, or when she pulled him closer, his arms still around her. As an immortal, time did not mean much to him, but in this instance the silence from her seemed torturously long. It had been almost two hours — immortality is not a light matter — and he thought surely she'd gone to sleep. Her breathing was deep and even, but he looked down at her to check. He felt unsteady when he saw her dark blue eyes boring into his, heavy with some undeterminable emotion. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he saw her shake her head with an infinitesimal motion.

After more excruciating moments, she spoke. "I would like," she started, but paused. Even after all this time, she was still unsure about how to word what she wanted to say.

Marione
Marione
130 Followers
12