Good Neighbor Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a whole lot of junk and spam and I got to work deleting it. One subject heading caught my eye, though: "Blast from the Past" it said--not exactly the kind of heading you would usually see on a smut or sales promotional. There was an attached file, and immediately I thought: virus. But there hadn't been any warnings lately, and I was pretty careful about keeping track of those things.

Deciding to risk it, I opened the e-mail and began to read.

Dear Rob,

I hope you haven't figured out who this is and deleted it already. If you figure it out now, don't delete it, please?It's Marshall, your former next-door neighbor. I was surfing the Net and found your company page. So how are you doing? I guess I'm sorry I never got to say goodbye. I don't know if you talked to Audrey either before we left, but FYI we're divorced now. I'm living out in Cal. Got a good position here with the Silicon Valley branch of my company. We sold the house as part of the settlement. She got custody of Jonah :-(, but she's being good about letting me see him. Actually, Rob, she's being really good considering everything. You see, I'm living out here with another guy...

Okay, so are you finished saying I told you so? I don't know exactly why I'm telling you this. Maybe you won't think I'm such a bastard now, or maybe you still will. After all, this doesn't change the fact that I treated you like shit. Rafe is great, but I miss Jonah all the time. Say hey to him for me if you see him, will you? He's still living in town with his mom.

Guess I've rambled on enough. Hope you're doing okay.

Marsh

P.S. The attached file is a pic of me and Rafe, my partner.

I opened it and looked at Marsh and another man smiling at the camera, squinting a bit from the sun on their faces, their hair windswept. Behind them was an expanse of blue water, and what I recognized as the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.

I became aware of Stan behind me, a towel around his waist. He pressed his bare stomach, warm and fragrant with soap, against the back of my head.

"Our former neighbor," I explained. "He's divorced and living in California with a guy."

"Saw the light, eh?" Stan said, patting my shoulder. I took his hand.

"Guess so."

"You sorry he didn't see it sooner?"

I looked up at him. "Maybe a little. On the other hand, if we play our cards right, we might have a place to stay in the Bay area."

Stan snorted. "Too damn civilized for this puppy. You going to stare at that thing all night?"

I shook my head. "Be there in a minute." After he left, I gazed at the screen and the picture of the two men, apparently happy, for a while longer. Then I closed the file, shut the computer down and went to join him.

END

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ugh! Enough with the depressing endings. Anticlimactic as fuck.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

Quite the emotional roller coaster here, Ken. So very well written and developed. My favorite of your stories that I've read so far. Five Stars...

Texland1Texland1over 4 years ago
Rob

Rob acted like a girl. I have dated married me. You ha e to deal with like what it is an affAir. He most likely got married out of social pressure. Understand how daddy it is and his mixed feelings if he had just went with the flow Rob would ha e been off

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of the ending. Preferred for it to keep going with Marsh.

But the other parts are fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed this sad story.

I thought Marsh was portrayed as a total player and I felt he had little feeling for anyone but himself. He was simply killing time until the right man came along.

Audrey was the nicer person of the two and the child was loved by her.

Rob was a lonely and sad man and was used. Stan is the right guy for him.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

My Brother-in-Law Channing Duke A widowed army major falls for his former brother in law.in Gay Male
My Neighbor the Cop Neighbor turns a married man bi.in Gay Male
Not His Type All the ways to a happy ending.in Gay Male
Justin's Jock High school crush has a surprise sequel years later.in Gay Male
Sporting Chance Growing desire leads two straight coaches to blazing sex.in Gay Male
More Stories