Goodbye Veronica

Story Info
Capsuled life of a young woman and her woes and ups.
6.9k words
4.51
13.8k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Emotionally upset, her heart-strings taut, Irma Goodie said to her daughter, "Goodbye Veronica" but Veronica, at her first day at preschool, just waved and turned to find what interested her in her new environment. A year later there was a virtual replay of that scene when she began Elementary School.

Thereafter Veronica took herself off to Middle School and High School so the farewells were said at the front gate of the path leading to the front door of the Goodie's modest home in one of those nondescript suburbs. Veronica and her family lived in Deer Park, named after a facility that existed there forty years ago until housing expansion reached the deer park and the owner sold out to big dollars.

Like other mothers, Irma said goodbye to her daughter when she went off to sleepovers and for the first few hours really missed the chubby blue-eyed blonde. Veronica had two older brothers but she was the daughter Irma had wanted from about the age of nineteen. Another fourteen years later that dream came true. She made no secret of her preference and the boys accepted it because they had their sports-mad father Peter focused on them.

The family was at the train station to farewell daughter and sister the first time she went to college. Gary was home from military training while brother Phil had already returned to his college.

Gary hugged his sister, who was an inch taller and taking the shape of a noticeable woman. He whispered, "Watch those guys at college babe, some hunt in packs. Quickly pick a top-shelf guy and settle on him. That's my advice."

"At army base do you hunt in a pack?" she whispered and Gary looked away grinning, knowing there were no flies on his sister. She had a great brain and a great understanding of people.

Veronica's parents smiled at her, their faces a little tight.

Her mom began to weep when Peter said, "You know, this is the first time you've been away from us apart from summer camp."

"There's a first time for everything dad, as you know. Now you look after mom."

Tears really flowed as passengers received the last call to board and Veronica hugged Irma and kissed away some of the tears.

"Lovely mother of mine. I'm only an email away. You may email me every day if you wish."

"Goodbye Veronica," Irma sniffed, chest heaving. Stepping on the car Veronica turned and waved to her family, completed with a dazzling smile.

The train pulled out of Midway Station and Veronica's big adventure began.

Aspiring College, only ten years old and still under development, looked wonderful as Veronica entered the grounds. She was glad it looked so stylish because it would be her principal home for the next four years, With its white stucco walls and orange roof tiles set against a mountainous background, it looked more like a resort than an institute of learning.

The residence hall for freshmen to which Veronica had been assigned was three-levels and her accommodation was an apartment with two double rooms and shared bathroom. She'd applied to be roomed with student from a small southern city, liking the pleasant appearance of the short-haired brunette from her photo on the college's restricted website and their shared interests of reading, tennis, ice-hockey, skiing, movies and theater. Her name was Thelma White and their birthdays were a day apart.

When Veronica's request was posted Thelma had called her. They had a long chat and Thelma advised she'd be endorsing the request. Their preference was granted.

No one was in the apartment when Veronica arrived on opening day. She took her assigned bed and began unpacking. Two noisy young women burst into the room and announced they were the Lawson twins, Bess and Jade. Jade had green eyes while Bess's were hazel, which was useful in telling them apart although they always dressed differently.

They both hugged Veronica simultaneously in greeting and said simultaneously, "God you're beautiful."

"Oh my, what do we have here?" asked the brunette standing in the doorway.

The twins stood aside allowing Veronica to walk to the newcomer.

"Thelma?"

"Of course and I recognize you from your photo. Hi Veronica."

They hugged.

Over coffee there was a debate over Veronica's name.

"It's making a comeback but that doesn't mean it's modern."

"Jade don't be rude."

"It's okay Bess," Veronica smiled. "We ought to be able to talk frankly because we have to live together. What do you think Thelma?"

"I cringe at my own name sometimes because fortunately along came that film "Thelma and Louise' that liberated my name to some extent. We can't call you Ronnie, as Ronnie Goodie sounds a bit affected. What about Ronica?"

"Ronica. Hmmm. Well okay, but only while at college. Mom gave me the name Veronica because she loved it and I love my mom and I'm her Veronica."

"Well that's settled," said Thelma, already acting like the team captain. "What is the next item for discussion?"

"Appointment of a room leader," Veronica said. "I nominate Thelma."

"No way, I know nothing about leadership."

"Isn't that why you have committed to dorm living at college, to assist in your personal development?" Bess asked.

Even Jade looked in surprise at Bess making such a profound remark.

Jade then said, "I second the nomination of Thelma."

"I call for other nominations," Thelma said.

There were none.

"Oh crap," she sighed and they all laughed.

The new team leader looked at her watch. "Do we eat in here tonight or go to the café? Bookings at the café close in ten minutes."

"How do you know that?" Jade asked.

"Because unlike you she's read the handbook thoroughly," said her twin. "I'm for the café."

Veronica made the call and booked all four in for first sitting at the same table. "Do you guys drink? They serve beer and wine."

"How do you know that?" Jade asked and noticing the looks from the others, mimicked her sister perfectly and said, "Because unlike me she's read the handbook thoroughly."

By the time they went to dinner Veronica thought Thelma would emerge as a real team leader, Bess and she were the academics and what Jade lacked in awareness and possibly knife-edge intelligence of her sister she had a bright personality and appeared to be a born actress. So it came as no surprise to her to learn Jade would study at the school of visual and performing arts. She and Thelma, as she already knew, would pursue a masters in public administration and Bess said she'd seek a masters in education and then decide where to go from there.

At 7:30 next morning Veronica was down on the courts warming up for tennis, hoping someone would come along. She noticed a guy with unruly sandy hair in running gear taking a breather but ignored him.

Then along came a hairy guy with a racquet and he said, "Want a game?"

"Okay," Veronica said. "You serve."

"Usually I don't play with women. I play power tennis."

"That's fine," Veronica said, and returned to hitting against the backboard.

The guy, looking sulky, watched her play a few shots and said, "You're good. Let's play."

Well she'd been professionally coached since the age of seven so why wouldn't she be good, Veronica sniffed to herself.

Veronica served out the first game, winning 6-3, doing nothing spectacular.

"I'm just warming up," the guy said. "I'm John by the way."

"Hi John, "I've Ronica."

"What kind of name is that?"

"Probably something more unique than John."

He scowled and Veronica heard the guy up on the seats behind her laugh.

John doubled faulted and then sent a sizzler to bounce straight at Veronica's belly. She stepped away and rocketed it back at John's feet, beating him cleanly.

"You bitch," he gritted and tried harder but lost 4-6.

Veronica powered her first serve in and it sent the racquet flying from John's hand.

"Bitch," he yelled but when picking up the racquet called, "Thanks but I have to go. Um I have to meet someone."

The guy behind Veronica laughed.

She glared at him. "Go fetch a racquet and make me work."

"No thanks, I can't afford to have my reputation dented by a female," he laughed. "Bye Ronica."

"How do you know my name?" she spat, and only when he waved and jumped the fence at the end of the small grandstand did she realize she's called out her name to John.

"What a fucked-up outfit this is," she fumed.

On Saturday morning Veronica was one of eighteen freshmen at the courts signing up for tennis as a recreational option, watched by other players who were waiting. They had to serve ten times and return ten shots and then were graded junior, intermediate and senior once that brief test was assessed against their tennis experience and any record of wins.

As Veronica went to hand over her tennis credentials a voice behind her said, "Draft Ronica to seniors."

"Yes coach," said the assistant coach.

Veronica turned in surprise and the coach looked at her blankly.

"You're talking a risk coach," she said.

He didn't answer and the woman who'd processed her told her to join the group of seniors. Veronica nodded to John in the intermediate group and he smiled and said, "Hi Ronica, I'm not surprised you walked into senior grading. You'll be our top female player."

Everyone who'd heard that looked at Veronica curiously.

"Thanks John. We must play again."

A thick-set woman in the senior group, who appeared to be part Italian or Spanish, said, "Hi, I'm Maria Gott, women's team captain. I hear you are after my captaincy?"

"The ability to play tennis doesn't necessarily equip that person to be a leader. If you're good at leadership you'll keep you position Maria. I'm Ronica Goodie, a freshman and I know it doesn't matter how well I play tennis I would feel inadequate as acting as captain. What's the coach's name?"

"Ryan Sylvester."

"He saw me on the backboard the other day and then play a couple of games."

"Christ, you're the kid who blew the racquet out of John Beamish's hand."

"Well I just got lucky."

"I bet."

Coffee and cool drinks were available and after Coach Sylvester briefed the juniors and intermediates he came over and read out the pairings of the seniors.

Maria said, "Let's get this over today coach. I want to be paired with Ronica."

The coach said amicably, "Do you mind changing Daisy?"

"No, I welcome it," said the stringy blonde.

The coach said Ronica and Maria would play last. By then the other grades should have finished and would benefit by watching.

Everyone watching that match-up was treated to an outstanding exhibition of two evenly-matched women. Maria turned out to have the power all through her game while Veronica only had power serves but at times she pulled out great finesse, catching Maria five out of six times with brilliant drop shots.

Veronica won 6-4, 4-6, 8-6.

"More, more," chanted the crowd that had grown bigger with other students walking around hearing the cheering. But the coach said, "To the showers ladies. That's the finest exhibition ever seen at this college. Thank you."

Walking to the showers Maria, a second-year accountancy student, said, "Why didn't you drop that final game; you must have been tempted?"

"One of my coaches told me that to drop a game is to cheat and I resolved never to do that. I'm sorry Maria but I must remain true to myself, even if it has meant blowing a possible friendship with you."

"We're in this together baby; it's possible we'll end up being best of friends."

When they came out of the changing rooms a good-looking guy was waiting for them. Maria smiled and said good luck. "Goodbye Ronica."

Obviously Maria thought the guy was waiting for her, thought Veronica, so she flashed a toothy smile and said hi.

"Hi, I'm a freshman taking business studies. I'm Tim, Coach Sylvester's son.

"Oh your dad has a good eye for tennis potential. What do you have a good eye for Tim?"

He hesitated.

"Are you wanting to date me?"

He looked startled and said yes. "I'd like to take you to dinner at a motel in town and book into a room. Curfew here is midnight so we'll have plenty of time to make whoopee."

"Pardon me Tim but you've picked the wrong girl for that."

"Come on Ronica, everyone comes to college to do it and none of us can get enough."

"No Tim and that's my final word on this. Leave me alone."

"Yes Tim, off you go. Being a coach's son doesn't give you extra privileges."

Veronica turned and saw the guy who had warned off Tim.

"Butt out whoever you are," Tim snapped.

"Tim, I suggest you go," Veronica said firmly. "You should spend time modifying your behavior to gain respectability."

Tim turned and stalked off without responding.

"Thanks whoever you are," Veronica smiled. "I'm Ronica Goodie and you may have just save me from hitting a guy."

He grinned. "Hi Ronica, I'm Lloyd Fitzgibbon, doing second-year journalism. Are you first year? I've would have noticed your before this had you been here longer?"

"Yes, I've been here a week and aim to go all the way in public admin."

"Hmm, impressive. Look you being so beautiful you might need protection. May I invite you to dinner tonight in the café if you're free? It converts to a restaurant on Saturday night and diners are required to dress semi-formally."

"Well I have nothing arranged... but aren't we supposed to book by 4:00?"

"Actually by 2:00 for Saturday night. Fortunately tonight's maitre 'd is my study pal so no problem I guess."

"And if it is?"

"We go to the Lunchbox. It opens Saturday for those who don't wish to eat formerly or who wish to get drunk."

"Well I'm on Haigh Hall. Here's my card. Give me a call with a time for our booking and I'll meet you there."

"Okay. It's a pain waiting for a date in the Common Room of any residential hall because the females without dates hassle you."

"I thought guys would like that."

"The crème de crème have already being taken."

"Oooh, then I won't have to be down there to hassle guys with my three room mates tonight. Thanks."

"Um I have a roommate, Guy George. He's good-looking and something of a gentleman. Could you perhaps..."

"Please let me make a call."

"Hi Thelma, I had a great work out at tennis. Listen, a guy is dating me tonight at dinner at the café. He has a pal..."

"He's been described as good-looking and something of a gentleman."

"I don't know what that means but good-looking is sufficient isn't it? Okay I'll do the rest."

"Thelma is willing. Call your pal and then the maitre 'd and we'll know where we are."

Lloyd did that at it was all arranged.

Lloyd, who shared a two-person room with Guy, said after they walked out into the quad from the café, "What now? Do you guys want to come over to our place for a drink? We don't have the same restrictions as first year students providing you guys vacate by midnight as required by Open House hours."

Veronica looked at Thelma who nodded.

"Yeah, we're good for a little more time with you couth guys," Veronica laughed. "You both have been such good company. Perhaps in your room you'll be a little more relaxed."

"Huh," said Guy.

"Guy we girls have come to college to broaden our experience in life and um..." Thelma stopped.

"In all directions including getting to know guys as adults," Veronica completed for her.

"Oh yeah, both of us feel the same way," Lloyd said, placing his arm round Veronica's waist and she held her face up to be kissed, their first kiss.

They walked over to Sutton Hall. The security guy at the door just nodded to them as they entered, his face expressionless.

"He's well-trained," Thelma giggled, pulling Guy's hand round to place it over her boob.

A small bathroom divided the two beds in the room. Desks and wardrobes were opposite.

"Okay lights out," Veronica said, dragging Lloyd to his bed, leaving Guy to put out the lights.

"I trust you don't think I'm too forward," Veronica said. "I'm not a virgin and it's already 10:30."

"Yes, sure, I understand. You don't wish to be rushed so want us to get started. Will you um..."

"Give you access? Yes but use a condom."

"They're in the bathroom."

"It doesn't matter. Mom gave me some. I have them here in my handbag. Do you know how to do it?"

"Of course. I'm twenty Ronica and haven't been living in a monastery."

She thought that was so funny.

They kissed and after a while she pushed him away gently and whispered, "Let's get totally undressed."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I want you nude except for wearing the condom."

Lloyd laughed nervously. "Usually I'm running the show."

"Oh sorry. You appeared to be a little apprehensive."

"Veronica, that's your real name isn't it?"

"Yes. And you may call me that if you wish."

"Veronica I don't know whether you realize this but you're possibly the most stunning female at this college."

"Well that's lovely of you saying that but don't get too carried away. There will be others you have missed."

"I don't think so."

"I think so. Are you up hard or should I help?"

"It's like a piece of steel. Open you mouth wide Veronica."

There was enough ambient light entering the room from outside lighting for Lloyd to see to dock his missile unerringly.

"God Veronica," he groaned. "You mouth is like velvet."

"Wait until you get it into my pussy," she purred wiping her mouth and smiled triumphantly as Lloyd squirmed, having ejaculated prematurely.

Just before midnight Thelma and Veronica walked to their hall tiredly, arm in arm.

"How many times did Lloyd get off?"

"Should we be talking about our casual partners so intimately?"

"Hell yes, what else is there to talk about?"

They giggled.

"Four, the first one was far too early."

"God you sexy thing. Obviously you know how to fuck. Guy only came twice while I had multiples. The last one took him almost an hour to climax. The poor guy was sweating like a pig. He loves my tits."

"Oh, Lloyd didn't mention mine or anything about my body actually but to be fair it was pretty dark. We should leave the lights on next time."

"Next time, do you think it will be a next time or are they just working through we first year babes?"

"Actually I think neither of them is particularly forward. They both must have been almost wetting themselves getting it on the first date."

"Isn't that why we are at college?"

Veronica laughed and said what about a career-making education.

"Oh yeah, I temporarily forgot my priorities. Soon we'll be up to our necks in study. Do you think the guys will want a foursome?"

"I don't know but it's not for me. Perhaps I could be persuaded to go a threesome with you and Lloyd because you have a great compact body but I guess it would take heavy persuasion to get me going that far."

"I've never had a multiple," Thelma said. "It's something we ought to think about before we leave college."

"Re our workload Thelma. I think we ought to schedule every Friday and Saturday night as study-free nights... well perhaps not just before tests and exams or running behind schedule with projects."

"Will that leave us with many Friday and Saturday nights free?"

Veronica smiled, "I'll crack the whip to keep our homework on schedule."

CHAPTER 2

In May Veronica was satisfied she'd completed her first year of studying management/public administration to the best of her ability and markings indicated she was in the top stream. She ended the year as vice-captain of the college's senior tennis team, vice-captain of the intermediate women's soccer B-team and a member of the top debating team. For her second year she'd arranged with Thelma White and Maria Gott, the tennis player, to room together. The three women had become very close. The twins Bess and Jade had decided to transfer to a college closer to home.

Veronica was met at the train station by her mom Irma, who was overjoyed to have her home, her father Peter who was showing more gray hair but had retained his lovely smile, and her academic brother Phil and his college girlfriend Shona. Gary had transferred far away to an army-training establishment specializing in maintenance of tanks and other heavy field weaponry and support vehicles.

12