Greece Ch. 02

Story Info
Confusion.
1.8k words
4.43
28k
12

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
2CHaNces
2CHaNces
202 Followers

Sorry its so unbelievably late. Thanks for all the feedback!

*

I woke up early to the sound of Leora leaving for school. I quickly showered and got dressed. In the kitchen Galen was setting out breakfast for me, a bowl of yogurt with honey and fruit. Is this it? I was going to be hungry today. Galen sat across from me with tea and cheese.

"How did you sleep?" Galen reached over to put honey in his tea.

"Great. Best sleep of my life actually." No lie, as soon as my head touched the pillow I was gone. I was so knocked out a hurricane couldn't have woken me up.

"That's good. Basil will be here soon. Be careful with that boy." Galen said casually while sipping tea.

"Careful? Care to elaborate?" He wouldn't allow a serial killer or rapist in his house. What the hell did he mean be careful?

"Basil is a sensitive guy. He wears his heart on his sleeves and for him to want to spend time with you... well it's a big deal. Don't hurt him...or even worse, give him false hope." Galen had the most serious look on his face you would of thought he was debating the issue of abortion. I didn't know that Basil showing me around town was going to be such a big deal. And why isn't Galen worrying about my heart getting broken? Basil must be pretty important to him, like a son I'm assuming. Basil doesn't know how good he has it.

"Is there something wrong with this guy? I don't understand what the big deal is?" Everyone was making me nervous about this.

"No there's nothing wrong with him." He laughed.

"Just don't play games with him, if you know what I mean." I don't play games but I'm getting sick of all the warnings.

I finished my yogurt while chatting with Galen about the weather. At exactly eight o'clock, Basil was at the door.

"Are you ready for your tour?" He was all smiles, genuinely happy about our 'date'.

"One second, let me get my shoes." I had on a white cotton, summer shirt dress that stopped above the knees. My big sister had bought it for me as a peace offering for one of our many fights. It was breezy and perfect for this weather, plus it looked absolutely perfect on me. I slipped on some white flats and we were out the door.

"You look amazing, if you don't mind me saying." As if I would object to it. Basil was looking pretty good himself with dark jeans and a white t-shirt. I've never seen simple done sexier.

"Thank you. So where exactly are we going may I ask?" He took my hand in his and led me down a trail of stairs while occasionally kissing the back of my hand.

"Just around town. You know show you the basics. There's something pretty amazing I want to show you but that will have to wait for another day." We spent the next few hours walking around laughing and learning more about each other. He has lived here in Santorini most his life and has a younger brother who lives in the states with his father. He loves American movies and he's kind of a history geek like me. We hit it off much better than I thought.

Occasionally I caught Basil staring at me with a goofy smile on his face. He was awfully cute. We stopped and ate at a small café around three pm it was a late lunch in my book but I'm guessing it was normal for him. I wish it had been earlier because I'd been hungry since breakfast.

"This place is absolutely beautiful." I felt his hand caress mine.

"If you like this will love the trip I have planned." His smile was so genuine.

"Trip? When?" What does he have planned?

"Tomorrow if you aren't doing anything." I opened my mouth to speak but he put his finger to my mouth stopping me. "And no I'm not telling you where we are going. You just have to wait and find out." Smiles stretching across both our faces we continued eating lunch. Around 5 o'clock we headed home. Galen and Leora weren't there so we took a seat on the couch and continued chatting. The day went smooth, probably the best date I've ever been on. Basil had this way of making me smile even if nothing was funny, I couldn't help but be happy around him. I could see him slowly inching his way closer to me.

"Could you be more obvious?" I joked.

"Then come closer." Basil smiled sweetly and put his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. He was warm and inviting, it took everything in me not to take his clothes off. His scent was killing me it was a light clean, manly smell and I found myself openly putting my face to his neck and breathing him in. Must resist. Then as though I had been slapped in the face I pulled back realizing what I was doing. He was sending me all the right signals to proceed but I still felt I was moving too fast with him. All thanks to Galens warning I'm second guessing all my moves. But what could one kiss hurt, right? I leaned in closer hoping he would take the hint.

He pulled back releasing me from his hold. "I should go. Tell Galen and Leora I will be back later." With that he got up and walked away. I could barely comprehend what had just happened. I sat on the couch feeling stupid until Galen and Leora came home.

Leora immediately began telling me about her day. "The field trip was ok. I was expecting something more entertaining, but the library was fine. It's a good thing I like books. Oh my goodness, I completely forgot! You went out with Basil today. How was it? Tell me everything!" We talked like teenagers. I like Leora more and more everyday.

"So he didn't kiss you?" She looked absolutely shocked.

"Yeah, and I was so sure he was into me. I don't get it. The day went great, he was holding and kissing my hand, he kept smiling at me." I threw my hands in the air. "What about that says he doesn't like me?"

"He likes you, I know it. He wouldn't have asked you on a date if he didn't." Words of wisdom from a seven year old.

"Maybe he changed his mind halfway through. What if it was my breath! Does my breath stink?"

"It smells like peppermint." Leora giggled. "Just talk to him when he gets here later for dinner and ask him. I can ask for you if you want."

"I would love for you to be the one to ask but I think it would be better if I did. Thanks." This guy was such a question mark. I decided to go ahead and call Sean just to let him know I'm still breathing.

"So how are things over there?" He asked. I could hear people in the background talking.

"Meh," I shrugged. "it's ok. Galen and Leora are nice and it's really pretty here."

"Hey you aren't mad at me for sending you there are you? I mean I was just looking out for you. I thought I was doing what was best." Sean had been my legal guardian for most of my life. And even though I was 20 now I still obeyed him like he was my father. If he thinks I have some growing up to do then it must be true in my eyes.

"I was at first but I'm over it now. It's not so bad I'm kind of enjoying myself. What's going on over there? What's with all the noise?"

"The whole family is over here. They are fighting over who's going to host the thanksgiving dinner this year." I could hear them getting louder.

"They do know thanksgiving is like 7 months away?" Sean laughed. Our family was pretty ridiculous. We talked for another 30 minutes or so until dinner was ready. I promised to call him later.

We ate pastitsio (casserole) for dinner. It was the same sight as last night only I was trying to avoid eye contact with Basil, trying to spare myself anymore embarrassment.

"So did you enjoy your day out Ari?" Galen would be the one to bring it up.

"Yes I saw a lot and I had fun." Keep it short and simple.

"Did you enjoy your company?" Galen wasn't letting up and everyone had their eyes on me.

"He was a complete gentleman." I said quickly and went back to eating.

"Well maybe he would like to take you out again sometime soon." Seriously? You can't just eat your food and let it go? I thought to myself.

"We'll see." I said before I even knew he was finished talking. I didn't want Basil to get a word in.

"I was hoping Ari would want to hang out with me tomorrow. It's a Saturday and I don't have anything to do. She could even meet some new people!" Leora was quickly becoming my new best friend. Basil sat silently but I could feel his eyes on me. I guess this cancels out our little trip he had planned. Well, that was pretty much canceled when he jetted out the door earlier. But he didn't speak up about the previous plans. A few hours ago I was really looking forward to it. I glanced up to see the expression on his face, masked sadness. He was smiling for Galen but his eyes seemed sad. I kept telling myself it wasn't my fault. He was the one that didn't speak up. When dinner was cleaned up he tried to sneak out, luckily I caught him right outside the door.

"Hey." I didn't know what else to say.

"Hey." He was staring at the ground with his hands crammed in his pockets. This conversation was getting absolutely nowhere. I was mentally beating myself up for even trying. Why was it so awkward between us now? Nothing had even happened. I was making this a much bigger deal than it actually was. I wanted him to hold me tight while I ran my fingers through his dark curls. All I had to do was ask him why but I just couldn't get the words out.

"So I'm assuming that trip is not going to happen, huh?" I had my arms crossed but immediately put them at my side. I didn't want him to think I was being defensive or anything.

"Yeah but you seem to be just fine with that." Whoa, attitude! He wasn't staring at the ground anymore.

"I just thought that earlier when you left, you know, I didn't think the invitation was still on the table."

"You know what, I have to go," He kissed my cheek softly and headed down the stairs.

"Of course you do," I mumbled under my breath.

2CHaNces
2CHaNces
202 Followers