Guarded Hearts Ch. 04

Story Info
Ghost claims Katie.
8.8k words
4.82
52k
35
33

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/15/2022
Created 08/19/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: All characters and companies mentioned in this story have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone or anything bearing the same name or names. Events portrayed in this story are pure invention and have not been based on any events that have happen in real life. All the characters involved in any sexual acts if their ages are not mentioned before hand; are over 18 years of age. Enjoy.

Hi everyone,

Here it is, a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

Okay... there was a person who sent me an Anonymous email with a very detailed thought out story idea, you know who you are, please contact me, I would like to chat about it, it is an... intriguing idea.

Also there was a person who sent an Anonymous email asking for a list of Characters, descriptions, abilities ect. I actually already have one on my computer for me to use, however, there are so many characters, minor and major both already in the series and to come that it would just be totally impractical to do so. I mean it could very well be done but it would be a very fluid thing (as mine is) and done series by series as abilities and characters grow (the triplets, Keira, Maddie, Amy ect.) I also believe it may confuse people when I have to jump years or incarnations and the characters have changed to what they were. Sorry.

As always all feedback and questions are welcome and again as always thanks goes out to you the reader and to my editor.

Have fun

PS. just thought you should know it's official, I got my piece of Anonymous hate mail... yay...

*

Mary nearly had a heart attack at the hottie who followed Katie into the clinic. She blushed as his green eyes turned to her and was glad her dark complexion hid her blush. "Who is that?" She hissed at Katie as Katie pulled on a smock to protect her clothes.

"Ghost." Katie answered with an amused smile. He glanced over at her, he was guessing that she was addressing him as everyone was using that word when they addressed him. He smiled at the two women and Mary's heart, which was already beating a fast tattoo positively started to gallop.

"Can he understand us?" Mary asked aside to Katie.

Katie shook her head, "No... not yet. Nathanael said something about evolution of language then he lost me. What do you know of our patient?"

Mary's mind however was far from sick animals. "I don't care... can I have him." She asked her friend.

"No." Katie said sharply feeling a pang of jealousy.

Mary tiled her head to the side and smiled, "Oh is it like that... you want the hunky Were for yourself."

"No... I mean yes but it's a little more complicated than that." Katie said as she went to a sink and started to wash her hands.

"How can it be complicated, granted the language barrier would be a huge problem but as long as he's good in the sack who cares." Mary said as she joined Katie in washing her hands.

Katie sighed and shook off the excess water, "Not that kind of complication..."

A man chose that moment to walk in with the injured dog. Ghost was instantly on alert, he was okay with Katie being with other women, fine with her being with Eric as his interest clearly was with Maria and Nathanael as a mated man was not a problem, but this man was a threat and it put him on edge.

"Put him down on the table." Katie ordered.

"Her..." The rough looking mountain man corrected. "I think her leg might be broke, damn near took my hand off when I jostled it."

"Thanks Dawson, Mary or I'll come by your place tomorrow and give you an update." Katie told him.

He nodded and left, he wasn't really comfortable in town and appreciated Katie's sensitivity on the matter, he even loved the fact that she would come out to the cabin to look at his bloodhounds when they were hurt or sick.

"Gez... he's real protective of you." Mary commented as she unwrapped the dog carefully.

"That's the complication." Katie said before she checked the girl's heart rate.

"May as well dish." Mary told her.

"Remember the story Nathanael and Electra told us about him." Katie asked to which Mary nodded as Katie shaved the dog's forearm to setup a line. "Yeah well... I'm the reincarnation of Snow."

"You're his mate!" Mary exclaimed.

Katie nodded. "Yep." She took a deep breath, "Let it go Mary... we have this girl to fix."

"Let it go... honey I want the goods." Mary told her making Katie blush.

"Haven't gone there yet." Katie explained as her hands carefully felt the dog's abdomen.

"Oh but you will, you'll give it up to him and you better tell me everything, I hear that Were are insatiable lovers and as long as I'm not getting any I need some inspiration." Mary set the line and attached a drip.

"God you're crude." Katie muttered.

"Ah but that's what makes you love me." Mary told her.

"Debatable, we have a patient." Katie told her ending the conversation.

Ghost watched, staying well back as not to get in the way. He was falling more in love with this woman the more he learnt about her. She showed care and understanding while treating the dog. He wondered if that was the reason she was around, that she had been brought in to help treat him before Nathanael and Electra came.

He watched as her sure hands expertly repaired the damage done to the dog. He wondered what her hands would feel like on his body as she stroked him to climax. He watched as she carefully stitched a wound closed, she glanced up at him and smiled.

He licked his lips, he so wanted to kiss those lush lips, claim them for his own. Katie dropped her eyes quickly, her heart racing, she had seen desire flare in his eyes and felt her body tingle in response and her nipples start to stiffen.

Mary noticed. "You are going to be sore tomorrow." She teased, they had been friends since college and Mary knew that Katie had been saving herself for Mister Right and Mister Right just so happened to be Were. "If you even come in... you know what... have a long weekend. I'll call only if there is an emergency." She said thinking she was doing Katie a favour.

"Will you stay out of my sex life?" Katie said as she set the last stitch.

"Not until you take that man to your bed and have hot wild animal sex all night long." Mary taunted.

Katie rolled her eyes, "The leg's not broken but that cut was nasty enough to make her want to bite anyone. Keep an eye on her. I have to get Ghost some clothes." Katie said tearing off the paper smock and gloves. "Make sure she doesn't move around."

"I know... this isn't my first day." Mary argued. "So... is he hot naked." She asked softly but with excitement as Katie washed her hands.

"Urg..." Katie exclaimed as she shook her hands to dry them and went to quit the room.

Mary gave her the call me gesture as Katie left, snagging Ghost on the way out.

Katie hopped into her car and waited for Ghost, she had demonstrated how to open car doors before his first true journey in one. He opened the door and slid in. He grabbed the seat belt and buckled up like she had shown him, before waiting for her to get the car moving. She turned the motor over, drove him to the small mall, and parked. She grabbed a shopping cart and walked him into the men's section of Target.

She could clearly picture him in tight jeans that framed his tight buns, and half-buttoned shirts with short sleeves to show off his magnificent build. She knew his sizes having measured him while he was still unconscious. She got him several more pairs of loose sweats and shirts for around the house. Jeans in various shades, and shirts, button and t-shirts as well as several nice sweaters. She paused when she got to underwear.

She pulled out her mobile and called home. Electra answered. "Hey Electra it's me, can you put Nathanael on?"

"Sure." Electra said and handed the phone over. "What can I do for you Katie?" Nathanael asked.

"Just getting clothes for Ghost, what do you think he would prefer boxers or briefs?" She asked a little embarrassed.

"Get a selection of both and let him decide. Also if you can get him dress pants and a good jacket I would advise it." He told her.

"But the cost?" She began to question; she was doing her best to keep the cost down by buying stuff which was buy one get the other half price.

"Amy and Wolfgang don't begrudge anyone what they need, while he is without a pack they will help him in anyway, money, a home... anything. He will need good clothes for when he chooses to go to Alphas seeking a place. Besides, they're loaded they don't care." He assured her. "But if you're worried only get him one good outfit." He conceded.

"Thanks." She hung up and grabbed a packet of briefs in his size and a couple of packets of cotton boxers. She tossed them in as well as socks. She turned the trolley and took them back to clothes. She found a nice black jacket and tried it out on him. He stood still for her appraisal and when she nodded, he smiled. She helped him out of it and put it in the trolley. A pair of paints quickly joined it, she couldn't see him in ties... too restrictive but she got him a nice belt and a few dress shirts.

"Now shoes." She told him.

She sat him down on a small padded bench and went to get him several pairs of shoes. She helped him try on each pair and watched how he reacted to them, she had gone for loose fitting shoes as he probably hadn't had anything like this when he did wear shoes. A few pairs we rejected as he had taken them off with a shake of his head. She then discarded the ones she didn't like and put the ones they both liked in the cart, before helping him back into his slippers.

He watched silently wondering what was going on, she was obviously getting him clothes, and a lot of them. He remembered owning only a few pieces of clothing and only one pair of shoes; he now had enough clothes to wear something different everyday for many days without having to clean them.

"Well... that should do you for now." She told him as she went to the trolley and started to walk off. He watched her for a moment, the way her body moved and her arse sway. He was quick to jump to his feet and followed behind her, his eyes focused on her behind and the way it moved in the tight jeans she was wearing.

She was surprised at how quick it was to get through the checkouts, she used the card Nathanael gave her and was glad he had, as the total was quite substantial. He helped her carry it all out to the car and put it in the back. As they climbed in, she heard his stomach grumble.

"I'd heard Were were hard to keep fed." She said as they pulled out of the mall and wondered about getting him fed. She pulled up to a drive through and ordered a burger with the lot, a large fries and bottle of water. She paid and drove through to the pick up window. A few minutes later, she had the food and water. She plopped them in his lap and drove off. She made an eating motion with her hand and pointed to the bag.

He took a deep breath, it smelt edible.... kind of. He opened the paper bag and pulled out the wrapped burger, he went to bite.

"No..." She told him and smiled as she shook her head, she pulled over and grabbed the burger and unwrapped it partially before handing it back. He sniffed at it then bit into it. She smiled and reached into the bag to steal some fries before driving off. She grabbed the bottle of water, sat it between her thighs to open it then sipped at it; she put the cap back on and handed it to him. She reached across and went to steal some more fries. He moved the bag away from her questing fingers.

She pulled away. "Fine, all yours." She told him. He reached into the bag, pulled some fries out and fed them to her. They polished the food off long before they made it back to her home. They pulled to a stop, gathered the shopping and went inside. Electra was on her computer working on the file she was compiling on what had happened to Ghost. Nathanael was reading a book he had found in Katie's library.

"Hey guys we're back." Katie said as she passed the room. She walked into the room she had organised for Ghost and put his clothes on the freshly made bed. "I could get used to Maria being here." She muttered to herself. She then started to pull out the clothes and tugged the tags off most of them. Maria walked in and started to separate the clothes.

"I'll wash all these." Maria told her before scooping them up and leaving.

Ghost stepped close to Katie. She glanced up, she had never felt small before but she did now, he was a good nine inches taller than her five foot eight but it didn't intimidate her or make her afraid of him. He brought his hand up and carefully stroked the silver pendant at her throat. It was long, about the length of her index finger, and as wide as her thumb, it was covered with Celtic knots and symbols.

He had been fascinated by it, it looked as if it were a part of her, belonged to her in the same way her green eyes belonged to her. He gently stroked it, wondering about it, what it meant and who gave it to her because only a beloved gift would be treasured so. Nathanael walked in and smiled gently.

Ghost glanced to him; Can you ask her about her necklace?

"He wants to know about your necklace." Nathanael translated.

"It belonged to my mother." She answered talking directly to him. "She gave it to me before she died; it's been in her family for generations."

Nathanael passed it on to Ghost who pulled Katie into his arms and held her.

"I was ten." She added and again Nathanael passed it on.

"I was actually hoping to get you both; it's time we talked about you as a couple." Nathanael said, he checked his watch. Rhiannon appeared next to him startling Ghost who cried out in alarm and went to put his body between Katie and the stranger.

Be calm Ghost, Rhiannon is here to help Katie talk to you for a while. Nathanael said stepping before Rhiannon. She's harmless.

I wouldn't call me harmless. Rhiannon said amused, but I do not wish you harm Ghost. She told him.

What can you do? Ghost asked.

I'm Ancient so... pretty much anything I can think of. She explained, what I will be doing is helping Katie here be telepathic for a while, and then you can talk to her without Nathanael constantly relaying what you want to say to each other. She turned to Katie. "Hi I'm Rhiannon, I'm going to work as a..." She hesitated looking for the right word. "Basically I'm going to make you telepathic for a while. So you can talk and nut out what you want from this relationship."

Nathanael nodded and gestured for Katie to sit, "You must make an informed decision now. You'll understand more when I've explained everything to you. Sit." Katie sat and Ghost sat next to her holding her hand.

Nathanael took a deep breath before sitting and launching into an in depth account of Were mating practises and the laws around those same practises. Most of it he did for Ghost's sake having noticed a well-read copy of Amy's book in Katie's shelves. When he was done, he turned the floor over to Katie and Ghost.

Ghost turned to Katie. I will do what ever you want of me, if you wish to remain human you will, if you wish to be turned I will turn you. If you wish me to leave, I will go. I just want you to know... I will never hurt you. He told her earnestly.

I used to wonder what it would be like, to be Were and to just find and take that special someone. I used to think of it as barbaric, but there is nothing barbaric about this. I barely know you, this is the first time we've spoken to each other but I feel as if I've known you forever. That I've needed you forever. She turned to him. I don't understand it, I don't want to understand it, all I know is that I want to be with you in every way I can. You can turn me; I don't care as long as you are mine.

He smiled broadly and turned to Nathanael and Rhiannon. His wolf was in the front of his mind, eager to meet her properly, eager to lay his scent down thick on his mate, staking his claim so that all would know that she was his and his alone.

Nathanael stood, "Just so you know, when you mate him your minds will be bound together, he will then be able to speak English." He then left the room and Rhiannon vanished to leave the two alone. Maria, Nathanael and Electra would also leave the house; go into town to give them privacy.

Ghost listened to them leave, he wondered for a moment before he realised that they were giving them alone time. He was suddenly nervous, he had rutted as a wolf, probably even sired a heap of Were but he had never taken a permanent mate and he had never slept with a human.

He didn't know that Katie was just as nervous as he was. There was however a more pressing need, his tummy roared, he needed to eat. Katie chuckled and stood, "Let's feed you."

She gestured for him to follow and he did, he smiled when she walked into the kitchen and started to make sandwiches. She didn't complain when he stole titbits from the cutting board. The moment she finished a sandwich he nicked it and started to eat. She smiled as she watched him enjoy what she was making, she wasn't a very good cook but she knew how to make an awesome sandwich.

He smiled as he watched her prepare another sandwich, her hands sure as she spread mayo and relish on separate pieces of bread before laying two kinds of meat on the relish, some tomato and lettuce joined it before she closed them and cut it in half, she repeated this over and over, using an entire loaf. He kept taking sandwiches as she worked but he remembered to leave her some.

He made a drinking motion, she nodded and wiped her hands on a towel before going to the fridge, she brought out a large carton of milk taking out two glasses she poured them both a drink. She then started to attack the sandwiches. He watched her closely as a small bit of mayo squeezed out of the sandwich she had been eating and sat at the corner of her mouth, she seemed oblivious to it.

She swallowed, "What?" She asked as he stared intently at her, she forgot that he wouldn't be able to answer her.

He leant forward and with the tip of his tongue licked that small blob of mayo at the corner of her mouth. She shivered, turned, and kissing him. He turned to bring more contact between their lips, the bench between them frustrated him. He broke the kiss and strode around the bench. She watched him unafraid, lust and need were clearly in her eyes, she needed him, she didn't understand it... she didn't care to, her lips met his when they were descending, her arms went around his neck as his hands slid down her back and cupping her firm behind in his hands. He lifted her, sitting her on the bench she had just been making food on.

She groaned as she laced her fingers in his hair. He pulled away for a moment and growled gently as he watched her lick her lips. He took her lips again, his tongue sliding between her parted lips. Her taste was driving him mad, he wanted more. A small part of his mind tried to figure out what it was; it was similar to strawberries and liquorice only... better. His hands moved in frustration against her clothes, he didn't know how to get them off.

She gently pushed him back and broke the kiss, "Not here." She told him breathlessly. She hopped down from the bench and staggered, her body was mush already and that was just from kissing him. He steadied her until she had her balance back. She took his hand and led him to her room; she shut the door behind him and in a smooth motion removed her shirt.

He frowned and traced the bra she wore, as he didn't see the purpose of it. She released the front opening clasp and her luscious breasts sprang free. He stared and licked his lips, one of his hands reached out and gently cupped the breast, his thumb grazed over the nipple making her groan and grab his wrist to keep him from moving his hand.