Guardian Program Ch. 39

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dr. Pierce set a Black Knight next to her arm and went to work setting up an IV. I knew she wouldn't feel anything but I kept her attention by answering her. "The magic box simply focuses a large concentration of healing waves that my computer will use to tell your body how to rebuild itself cell by cell. Once you lay down, you'll instantly fall asleep and when you're healed the lid will open and you'll awake as if no time had passed. No pain, and no recovery time. Well, other than hunger pains."

"Just like that, your computer knows how to rebuild my body?"

"Every cell in our bodies has the instruction manual printed in them," I explained. "Hal simply reads the manual and follows God's instructions."

Lynn looked thoughtful before asking. "So ... what if I want to make changes? Could I have 'work done' so to speak? You know, could you make me twenty-five again?"

I laughed and asked, "Why not nineteen?" Then I realized she was serious. She simply raised an eyebrow as if to ask, 'Well, can you?', so I sighed, then continued "Actually Lynn, you're putting me in a bit of a hot spot here. I told myself that I'd fix things for you. Not only heal you but pay you back for your sacrifice by giving you anything in my power. To answer your question, yes. I can make you twenty-five again, or nineteen for that matter. But, I also made myself a rule that I wouldn't allow my tech to be used to make someone immortal. If I allow you your youth back, how do I say no in ten years when you ask me to do it again? That would be a Pandora's box I don't wish to open."

My patient pondered what I said for a few moments, then nodded once saying, "God chose wisely when he gave you this task." She smiled a few moments later and with a bit of a smirk, she asked, "Is that why you offered me a job? To pay me off, so I wouldn't feel bad about your refusal?"

I could tell she was both probing and teasing me at the same time, but I answered truthfully. "No, not at all. I offered you the job because I think you're a highly qualified and highly intelligent individual who would be an asset to Bridge Security."

Nodding once more, as if finalizing her decision, she said, "In that case, Mr. Smith, putting me back as I was this morning will be fine, and I accept your offer. I'd be honored to work for someone with your integrity. Don't get me wrong. I love the Mounties. It isn't that I'm afraid for myself either, I just don't want to leave my children without a mother. Being part of a security team would allow me to continue my work without as much risk. Assuming that the pay is acceptable."

I chuckled. "I don't believe that will be a problem, but we can discuss it later. Right now, I need you to drink as much of this as you possibly can, so we can get you put back together."

I mixed up a special blend of my shake with more proteins and carbs, while Dr. Pierce hooked up the IV with almost pure stem cells. We needed her to have the fuel necessary for her body to work the miracle that it was about to undergo.

When she had consumed as much as she could fit in her stomach she stepped into the sarcophagus and laid down. She hadn't even gotten her head down completely when her eyes closed and she fell fast asleep.

As soon as she was asleep, Dr. Pierce removed the dressings and staples from her stump. After that, the lid closed and instantly Dr. Connor started plying me with questions.

I answered most of them without giving away any technical information. I left the O.R. after about twenty minutes to wait with Toni. Jessie and Sam had gone to the airport to give human faces to the plane. I doubt the kids nor would the babysitter have gotten back on the plane to fly home once they discovered there wasn't a pilot. When no one was looking, I took Toni for a walk and found an empty linen closet. I had to stuff a washcloth in her mouth to prevent our being discovered during our impromptu, deep-penetrating conversation on the benefits of daily orgasms.

A few hours later, we were all reunited, as well as introduced to Mr. Connelly, Miss Parker, and the kids. I explained that Lynn would be asleep until around midnight and insisted they allow me to buy them dinner at the restaurant of their choice.

The kids all started yelling that they wanted pizza, and when Mr. Connelly relented, we caravanned to Boston Pizza. The staff's expressions were priceless when the nine of us plus eleven Mounties, Bridge Security personnel, and U.S. government agents walked in. No, not everyone came, but Jessie made sure we brought enough pizza back to the hospital to feed those left behind.

The food was good, and we all enjoyed ourselves as much as could be expected with Lynn in the hospital. The girls chatted up the kids, while I talked things out with Mr. Connelly, who is a laser communications engineer. I offered him a position that would allow his whole family to live and work in the same facility, namely the Underdark. He said it was a lot to take in and that he would talk it over with his wife.

I didn't think it would be too hard to convince him, once Lynn was back on her feet and he found out she was pregnant. I wasn't going to tell them, but I was sure Dr. Connors would, after running a million tests that I was equally sure he would want to run on the constable when she emerged from the sarcophagus.

After dinner, Mr. Connelly sent Miss Parker and the kids home, while he and the rest of us returned to the hospital. Checking on Lynn's progress, I discovered her toddler-sized hand was perfectly formed and that the rest of her injuries were completely healed. Hal estimated the lower portion of her extremity and hand would be fully grown in under two hours, a full hour and a half sooner than expected.

I spent the remainder of the wait in a dialogue with Hal about miscalculating the estimation by such a large margin. The conclusion reached was that human constitutions varied and that Constable Connelly was the first true application of the regenerative processes.

It was a fact that I had been using the same process for minor injuries, and a few fun things like hair removal, but altering or repairing existing tissue hadn't provided the necessary data to make an accurate estimation. I of course was elated the procedure was working better than expected, but I was equally concerned with the ramifications of realizing greater variables in the equations.

End of Chapter 39. I hope you enjoyed it and all of my work.

Please Vote, Follow, and Favorite.

12