Gypsy Wolf Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, Alpha," Mercy said. With that, the gathering seemed to come to a close. Rasp and Natalie quickly stepped out and as I picked up the book, the boys began streaming in getting their game set back up.

"Let's go," Holly said heading towards my room. Stepping inside, I dropped the book on the table before having a seat on the couch. "So any other long lost siblings I need to worry about before we get started?"

"None that I'm aware of," I said.

"So we're not going to have your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate show up?" she asked with a cheeky smile.

"Oh fuck, I certainly hope not."

"Ok, let's try this again, shall we? I've got someone coming to help but as before I'm not going to tell you their name." A few minutes later a slim blonde girl stepped into my room and sat on the couch.

"So now what?" I asked.

"Try and push your thoughts to her," Holly said, "Something simple like hello or hi is usually best at first."

Focusing on the girl in front of me, I tried to picture what Holly was talking about. "Hello," I said pushing my thoughts.

"Ow ow ow," the girl said flinching severely, "too loud, way too loud."

"Fuck I'm sorry."

"No that's good actually," Holly said, "It's easier to tone you down than trying to get more power out of you. Probably has something to do with being an Alpha." For the next two hours, we worked on my control, finally getting it to where I wasn't blasting the poor girl. I quickly discovered that once I had it down it was pretty simple and Holly had me contact several of the Betas that were around the compound to practice. She even brought in several other people for me to attempt to contact. After Holly left, I was feeling pretty proud of myself and decided to see if Mercy wanted to talk.

Holly had mentioned that unless it was an emergency it was considered rude to just blast your thoughts at someone, but I wasn't thinking about that. "Mercy its Elizabeth," I projected, "I was wondering if you wanted to talk."

"Elizabeth what," she replied, "Oh fuck right there. Not now. Later, oh god yes later." The wave of lust that smashed onto me stunned me and I instantly stopped projecting. I suddenly understood the reason for not contacting people just because you could. I was like a kid with a new toy and I'd used it wrong my first time out, fucking awesome.

Sitting down on the couch, I was desperate for something to take my mind off the image of my little sister having sex. For the first time in forever, I was embarrassed. Grabbing the tome off of the table, I started reading for a few minutes before deciding the book was about as exciting as stereo instructions and I set it back down. I considered going for a run, but that didn't exactly work out in my favor the last time.

I felt a nudge against my leg as Bubbles crawled his way into my lap. I started to gently run my fingers down his back as he partially curled himself up on the couch. Bubbles always seems to know when I need a distraction. I could sit and just stroke his scales for hours and shut my brain down. It was my own personal zen time.

A sharp knock on the door broke the silence of my room, and after lifting Bubbles off my lap I opened the door to find Holly standing there. "They're getting ready to go."

"Fuck, let's go," I followed as she headed towards the front of the house. All of the Betas were assembled downstairs, most of whom I'd met but there were a couple I didn't recognize. Following Rasp and Natalie outside we all gathered near the circle.

"We should be back tonight but until then Mike and Holly are in charge as usual. Don't have too much fun without us."

"Rasp," Amber gasped pointing towards the tree line, her eyes wide with shock.

Every head swiveled to follow her finger and stared in stunned silence as a massive white wolf padded its way towards us. As huge as it had seemed before, the closer it got the more impossibly large it got. He wasn't even halfway across the clearing when a wave of raw power washed over us. Without so much as lifting a finger, Watcher had made it clear that there was no way any of us could ever hope to stand against him. The power even tasted old, primeval, if such a thing can have a flavor.

Growing ever closer, the power continued to crash into us like waves beating rocks into submission. It was Sara who cried out, dropping to her knees as the power overwhelmed her. As soon as she dropped, Watcher stopped and after cocking his head to the side, the waves of power receded until it was nothing more than the gentle lapping of a lakeshore.

It was when he stopped that the oversized fangs he was known for became apparent. They seemed to be at least a foot and a half long, which would have seemed comical had they not been in proportion with his massive frame. We were looking upon an apex predator's predator from a time long forgotten. I'm pretty sure a paleontologist would be pissing himself in excitement or fear, probably both. There wasn't a creature alive today that could be a threat to him and he knew it.

Walking even closer, I was amazed at how large he really was. Easily the size of a large horse, I was fairly certain he was taller at the shoulder than I was tall and easily weighed several hundred pounds. He approached us without a trace of fear and was soon standing directly in front of the Alphas. He seemed to sniff the air in front of them before letting out a bark that sounded strangely friendly coming from such a massive creature. The sense of relief from the Alphas was palpable as their relief washed over us. Whatever Watcher was here for it wasn't to threaten them or the pack.

It started with a twitch. Watcher was still standing before the Alphas when his left ear began to twitch. Slowly turning his attention to where we were all gathered he moved towards us. As he drew closer people began to spread out, no one wanting to crowd him. This was like having Thor show up and going for a stroll in downtown Oslo. A living legend walked among us, with several reaching out to touch his fur. Sara even fainted at this point from fangirling so completely.

Holly and I were standing at the edge of the crowd when he finally made his way to us. I was determined not to freak out when his tongue suddenly snaked out, sorry Bubbles, and licked my neck. It was absolutely the last thing I was expecting and from the gasps from people around me, no one else expected it either. Dropping to his haunches, Watcher began to let out a howl that was unlike anything I had ever imagined.

So full of longing and emptiness, the howl spoke of untold ages of loneliness. Images of him alone crossing before great sheets of ice as they scoured the earth clean flashed in my mind. I caught a glimpse of a ruined camp, crushed beneath some great creature and the onset of such impossible pain it dropped me to my knees. Part of me wanted to join in the howl, to acknowledge him, but I knew this was for him alone. I was not alone as hot tears streamed down my face, his pain reaching impossible depths. Many were sobbing openly, men and women alike, so powerful was his loss.

I don't remember reaching out. I don't know what drove me to lift my hand from the ground and touch his fur. The rich coat was coarse on top but soft and luxurious underneath and as my fingers ran through his fur the howl slowly died off. I was still on my knees, looking to the ground, my tears flowing freely when I felt him move. Raising my eyes, I found him lying flat on his belly looking at me with the most beautiful silver eyes I had ever seen. They were like the moon reflecting off a clear lake at midnight.

Bringing my hand up, I ran my fingers through the fur between his ears and unconsciously scratched his ear. "Hey," I heard myself say. His reaction was not exactly what I expected. Letting out a chuff, he drew himself up onto his feet and gave a sharp bark before turning and running back into the woods. Dragging myself feet back to my feet, I looked around and realized everyone was staring at me. Meeting Natalie's eyes I said the only thing that came to mind, "What the fuck was that?"

*

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please feel free to vote and comment. I appreciate and read every comment submitted.