Hades Ch. 01

Story Info
Searching for Persephone.
1.4k words
4.48
31.1k
41

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 03/23/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sound of the dead thundered his ears. He sat on his throne while the dead screamed and the rocks fell and crumpled into the lava that surrounded him. His fingers pressing into his temples, they pulsed with the stress of being who he was.

Hades.

King of the Underworld.

A job that was given to him by his brother Zeus, whose attitude often got him into more trouble and got him more bastards then his wife, Hera could handle.

"Hades?" He looked up to see Athena who was dressed in her grey robes that flowed behind her as she filling his doorway.

"What do you want Athena?" Hades asked as he rose to his full six feet and six inch height.

"Why are you so sad, Hades?" She asked as she walked closer. "Does the death of Persephone still haunt you?"

"What kind of question is that?!" He shouted at her making the Underworld quake. "Of course I miss her. I hurt every time I breathe in a scent that reminds me of her." Hades sat exhaust on his throne, and put his head in hands.

"That's not weakness Hades. It's called love."

He scoffed, "Love is for fools."

Athena smiled "Is that why you truly believe?"

"What else is there to believe?" Athena looked at Hades whose long hair hung past his shoulders. His long, lean body was covered in his robes, his broad shoulders were tense. He looked at her and his pale blue eyes were filed with sadness.

"Where is she, Athena?"

She sat down on Hades arm rest putting her hand on his shoulder blade. "She is a good woman. A goddess and I am afraid I don't know where she is. She was killed."

"Who would kill her?"

"You have many enemies Hades you are the only one who could answer that."

"I'll ask the Moirae."

She patted him on the back "Bring gifts."

"Thank you Athena."

She got up from the armrest, "No problem." Hades watched her walk out and left him to his thoughts.

His life and his entire immortality had died. He still remembers the day Persephone died in his arms. Her faces pale and yet oddly beautiful with blood that poured out of her mouth and whispered her love for him. She held his hand as her soul slipped out of her body. Hades a man known to be feared, strong and the devil himself cried as his wife died in his arms. Hades shook his head, trying to remove the memory of his wife's death from his mind; he decided that the only people who could answer his questions are the Moirae.

****

Mount Olympus beautiful home of the Gods except Hades, he was feared and unwanted. Yet he did the job no other God wanted. He walked into the home of the Moirae, it was white like every other, home on Olympus, but each had the different symbol of the Gods on its Corinthian column, the Moirae had wind chimes that always had captured the music in the winds. Once he was there the Moirae maids opened the doors that were solid gold. He entered, and there were the three sisters, known to be selfish, hateful, and heartless. Here they sat each on a lush couch and in white. Clotho sat looking down a thread of a woman who was happy and full of life play with her son. The Moirae who each loved, and felt more emotion more than any. They each suffered with every person who died by the cut of their scissors.

All three looked up to meet his gaze.

Lachesis smiled as he entered, Atropos looked up from her book and had a surprised look on her face. Many hadn't seen Hades leave his Underworld. Even Persephone his wife had tried to get him out of his dark kingdom. "Hades what brings you out of your Kingdom?" Lachesis asked.

Lachesis was a red-head and the one who liked Hades because she saw the goodness in Hades. She believed that Persephone and Hades' love could never be broken.

"I ask for a favor my Moirae."

"We are need of a gift. "Atropos said as she closed her book and smiled. Atropos was a beautiful blonde with blue-green eyes. She had on a bright green robe with gold strings wrapped around her small waist.

"Of course." Hades signaled for the Moirae's maidens, he picked up one and went to Clotho then bent down on one knee. "For you beloved Clotho. I bring you a puppy white as snow."

Clotho's face brightened with joy as the puppy ran into Clotho's lap. Many didn't know how much Clotho loved animals. "Great Hades you know what these animals do to our white rugs." Lachesis groaned.

Hades smiled. "And for you Lachesis." Hades reached behind him. "I have a necklace, a heart-shaped ruby blood red stone made with diamonds surrounding it." He opened the box and gently removed it. Lachesis put her head down. Hades put the necklace over her head and securing it around her neck. "It's perfect Hades. Thank you."

Hades then turned his gaze to Atropos who sat waiting for his attention. He walked over to her and again bent down on one knee. He looked at her and then reached out and touched her face. "You. You were hard to find a present for. But I have just the thing." He reached into his robe and pulled out Atropos weakness.

"Chocolate!" She shouted as hades gave her three Hershey's chocolate bar. She grabbed the chocolate and wrapped her arms around Hades neck. He laughed at her happiness and how much she loved chocolate. She stepped back from him, then sat down and opened one of her chocolate bars.

"What do you need Hades?" Clotho asked.

Hades got up on his feet and rose at his full height. "I wish to find out what really happened to Persephone."

Clotho shook her head. She looked at him with sorrow filled eyes. "You are not ready for the truth Hades."

"Clotho I have spent more and more time morning my wife and I have yet to find peace. Please tell me."

Lachesis sighed, "Tell him Clotho. He has suffered too much."

Clotho looked at him and picked up her puppy and put her face in its soft fur. The puppy licked her chin and snuggled her neck. "Demeter."

The name of his mother-in-law made his body fuel with anger. "What of her?" He managed through clenched teeth.

"Hades you must understand. We never cut Persephone's thread. But Demeter is her mother." Atropos said.

"Demeter killed her own daughter?"

"No. She killed her daughter's body, but kept her soul."

"How?" Hades wondered how Demeter could talk Persephone into doing such a thing.

"She told her of her plans to kill you Hades. Persephone couldn't see that happen."

"Why in god's name would she fall for that?" Hade's roared, but the Moirae stood tall knowing he would never hurt them.

"She loved you Hades. She was unfortunately fooled by her own mother." Atropos said.

"And she never knew she was with child." Clotho said silently. Lachesis and Atropos both swung their heads in their sister's direction.

Hades felt as if a bow had struck his heart. "Child?" he said as the pain took his ability to stand. The almighty Hades falls to his knees. "My child. Persephone was killed while my child was in her womb?"

"Yes." Clotho said. She gently laid her hand on his back. "But I swear that she had no idea."

"Clotho! We promised." Atropos shouted at her sister.

"He deserves to know."

"What else have you been keeping from me?" Hades asked as his throat dried thinking the worst.

"Demeter hates you. But one thing she did was put Persephone's soul into a human body. Persephone can't get her memories back if she doesn't have your love and happiness. But Demeter also did this because of Pirithous."

Once that name left Lachesis lips, Hades head jerk up.

"What? That bastard is still in Tartus being tortured for even thinking that he could have Persephone."

"Look deeper into your Underworld Hades; you'll discover he is no longer there."

"It's impossible Lachesis."

"Your mother-in-law put Persephone's soul in a human."

"Who is the human?"

"We don't know who she or he is." Atropos said. "But we do know the location of the soul."

"Were?"

"Eagle River, Alaska." Clotho answered.

"Why Alaska?"

"She knows how much you hate the cold." Clotho said as she laughed.

"Well she doesn't know me well enough. I will go to Alaska."

"Who will watch over your Underworld?"

"I will have Charon look over for me."

"I wish you well. We all do." Atropos said, as the two other sisters nodded their heads.