Happy Canada Day!

Story Info
A young Somali's adventures on Canada Day.
1.5k words
1.7
11.2k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers

Life has a way of throwing us into unexpected situations that reveal our true selves. If you asked me a month ago where I thought I'd be, this wouldn't be it. My name is Suleiman Barre and I'm a young Somali man living in the City of Ottawa, Ontario. Got one hell of a story to share with you folks. This tale took place during Canada Day 2015 in the City of Ottawa.

Want to hear something funny? Canada Day also falls on the day that we Somalis celebrate our independence as a nation. Canada Day to most Canadians is a fun time when you come out and celebrate while wearing red, drinking beer and singing the national anthem. I was born in the City of Ottawa, at the Civic Hospital to be exact, to a Somali immigrant father, Ismail Barre, and a white Canadian mother, Isabelle Janice Tremblay. My parents divorced, and to this day, I am shunned by my father's side of the family because I am not "pure" Somali.

What do I mean by that? Oh, let me explain. There are a lot of Somalis in Canada, mainly in cities like Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton. The Somalis are a tribal people, and the fact that they live in Canada hasn't changed their mentality. Lately, a lot of Somalis have been marrying interracially, and it's mostly Somali girls marrying Arab guys. Apparently, Somali males aren't like black men of other nationalities. They aren't big on marrying outside their culture. Guess my father Ismail Barre is an exception.

My pops often told me that his decision to marry a white woman from a Christian background didn't sit right with his conservative Somali Muslim family. Of course, the white side of my family isn't exactly welcoming either. For my mother's French Canadian family, I am a constant reminder of their failure to stop their precious blonde daughter from marrying a black Muslim man from the Horn of Africa. Welcome to my life. You can understand why someone like me gets pissed when some white folks ask me where I come from. I was born in Canada's Capital and have never even left Ontario. Got it?

My father Ismail Barre is a devout Muslim, and my mother Isabelle Tremblay is a proud Catholic. Me? I am an atheist. I think all religion is bullshit. If people paid attention they'd notice that shit too. All the wars that people have fought over religion, and people still subscribe to that bullshit. Mankind is truly the dumbest species on the planet Earth. Oh, well. Mother nature must slap her forehead sometimes when she looks at what we do to ourselves. We can't all be winners, right?

Anyhow, where was I? Oh, yeah. I was about to tell you about an incident that occurred on Canada Day 2015. Typically, on July 1, every dull, boring and asinine person in the vastness of Canada gets drunk, puts on something red and goes howling on the streets. Most of the time, they're harmless. Sometimes, just sometimes, they can be quite dangerous. Stupid people in large numbers can be quite dangerous, folks.

I live in the Beechwood area of Ottawa, a spot full of middle-aged white folks, and lots of old people, and lately, quite a few Arabs and Africans have been moving in, and there's been some friction between the old and the new. Me? I'm only staying in this place until I can find something better. Riding the bus is usually boring. When you're a young black man in Ottawa, people stare at you.

The other day, after missing the number seven bus passing through the east end on its way downtown, I decided to walk the distance. Yup, I walked from my Beechwood apartment to the Carleton University campus. Oh, and I got a lot of stares as I walked through downtown. Is it my imagination or are the business/government types downtown the most bigoted of all Ottawa dwellers? Apparently, the presence of a tall, well-dressed young black man makes white guys feel all edgy and insecure. Bunch of bozos if you ask me.

Yeah, anyways, typically I stay home on Canada Day because I absolutely hate being surrounded by drunk, loud people. Get some alcohol in the average white Canadian's system and he or she will start screaming racist obscenities about minorities. I've seen them on the bus at night especially around the Rideau Center. I didn't feel like leaving the house on Canada Day but I needed some food. Grub, man. We all need it.

You see, I was broke, and since Canada Day fell on Wednesday and since I wouldn't get paid till Thursday night at midnight by the security company I worked for, I was starving. I was down to my last forty five bucks. I hoped the Dollar Store downtown was open, so I might buy some bread and those Coca Cola bottles they sell for eighty cents a pop. Being broke and hungry, I risked grabbing the bus downtown. The Metro food store nearby was closed, and I was out of options.

I grabbed the bus heading downtown, and immediately regretted my decision. The bus was full of drunk white folks, young and old, and I sighed and stood there, wishing I were elsewhere. I ran into a couple of tall white guys with shaved heads and tattoos. Now, racists and assholes come in all shapes and sizes but I knew these two were trouble the moment I laid eyes on them. Clad in muscle shirts and jeans, with the Canadian flag as a cape, they glared at me. Now, considering the fact that I was one of maybe six minorities on a crowded bus full of inebriated and loud white folks, I wanted to avoid trouble.

Well, trouble sometimes comes to you. Skinhead bozo number one got in my face and asked me where I came from, while Skinhead bozo number two chugged down a beer and smiled nastily. Everyone on the bus was staring at my ass. I'm six-foot-one, lean and athletic, but not particularly big. Still, I wouldn't roll over for these losers. I glared right back at them and told them to go fuck themselves. Wrong answer, I guess, for they attacked me.

The thing about us Somali guys is that people always underestimate us because we're tall and skinny, and usually soft-spoken. I am Somali, and my people drove off the damn U.S. soldiers who invaded our homeland. Don't believe me? Research the story behind the movie Black Hawk Down. I smiled at the bozos, and then swiftly kicked one in the nuts, while I punched the other in the throat. As they howled in pain, their pals came at me.

At that precise moment, the bus reached Thorburn Street, right before you get to Rideau, and someone asked to get off. As the doors opened, I shoved my way through and got off the bus. I crossed the street, and waved at the bus as it sped away. That was a close one, eh? I went to Shawarma King, the Lebanese restaurant in Rideau, and ordered myself a sandwich and a drink. The Arab lady working behind the counter smiled at me as I paid for my order.

I sat down and slowly ate my meal, while looking out the window. Scores of people were heading downtown, toward the Rideau Shopping Center and Parliament Hill, major attractions on Canada Day. Drunk central if you ask me. After finishing my meal, I wished the Arab lady a good day, and walked my ass back to Beechwood. I went straight to bed, and since I couldn't fall asleep, I watched porn on my phone.

I went to the website XHamster, and found tons of videos featuring my favorite porn star, Jocelyn Stone. In case you don't know about her, Jocelyn Stone is a big-booty, blonde-haired mature white chick who does steamy porn scenes and apparently has an appetite for the brothers. I clicked on a video where Jocelyn got her freak on with Mr. Marcus, a seasoned African-American porn stud whose movies I like. I watched Jocelyn suck and ride Mr. Marcus dick, and got hard as a rock. I jerked off, came, wiped myself off, and then fell asleep. Happy as can be.

I woke up on the morning of Thursday July 2, 2015, with a smile on my face. I know that tonight at midnight, I am getting paid by the security company. I worked seventy two hours last week, at twelve bucks an hour, and since I already paid rent and summer school at Carleton, it's time to party. Life is short, folks. Got to live it and enjoy it while you can.

I think that come Friday, I'm going to the Saint Laurent mall to chill and holler at the ladies. Lots of cuties in booty shorts walking around. Might go see a movie. I heard great things about the new Terminator Genesis movie, but first I want to see Jurassic World. I've seen all the other Jurassic Park movies. It's going to be fun. I read in the newspaper that a couple of people got stabs in fights downtown during Canada Day. Oh, well. Glad I wasn't there. Happy Somali Independence Day to me. Fuck Canada Day!

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers