Harbinger Ch. 06

Story Info
Lyara and Farkas drift further apart.
2.6k words
4.62
14k
10
2

Part 6 of the 16 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 06/08/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nottsgrrl
Nottsgrrl
213 Followers

As she lay there, enjoying his closeness, she noticed what appeared to be a slight pressure into the back of her thighs, some kind of protrusion. Her eyes flew open in surprise. Was he erect? The idea that he could be as aroused as her had not occurred to her. Unsure if it was an erection or not, but determined to find out, Lyara pretended to nestle further down the bedroll. She drew her knees up as she moved; and then she felt it. The unmistakable sensation of a warm hard cock, pressed against her opening.

Farkas didn't make a sound; in fact he was holding his breath. She had just moved her rump further down the bed, and in doing so had pushed against his now fully hardened penis. The result being, it now rested in the cleft of her buttocks and its head was at the entrance to her core.

He relaxed a little and started to breathe again when the expected alarmed cry, or rebuke, did not arrive. Talos preserve me, he thought. Surely she must have noticed, as the crown was brushing against the outer lips of her pussy. He noticed her breathing had become a little faster, but could not concern himself with that, as he was concentrating on staying as still as possible. The pressure continued to grow, and he could feel his cock starting to ache. So close to its desire, the damn thing was starting to twitch involuntarily.

Lyara felt a slight tremble from the rock hard member pressed against her opening. This caused an increased tightening of her loins followed by a dampening between her legs. Her heart pounded in her chest as she waited for him to object to her proximity. Still he did not speak or move, so she too kept quiet. She lay as still as possible, although she could feel her pussy was starting to swell and grow with lust as it almost strained to envelop him.

Farkas may have limited experience when it came to matters of the heart, but he was no stranger to a willing female. He had felt the flood of moisture against his crown, and it was taking ever single ounce of his strength to not push his hips forward. In the end, he didn't need to, as to his great surprise, Lyara pushed back.

All the reasons she had given herself over the past few days for ignoring her attraction were washed away by her desire. Unfamiliar with the mating customs of Nords, she was not sure if this was appropriate or not, but she slowly and determinedly pushed her hips back and impaled herself on his cock. She let out a small sigh of pleasure and her eyes fluttered shut.

Once Farkas had gotten over the shock, and the full realisation hit him that his cock head had entered her pussy, his restraint crumbled. He tightened his arm around her, pulling her closer, and seeking a breast with his course fingers. He growled into her neck, as he pushed his hips forward so that his whole length sank into her warm depths.

Lyara's eyes opened in surprise with a gasp. She had never felt so completely filled. She had had human partners before, but not many, and certainly not had a Nord. It seemed that it wasn't just a Nord's arms that were thicker than their elfin counterparts.

Small moans of pleasure escaped her lips, which seemed to spur her partner on, and to her delight he started to pump into her with long slow motions. Rough hands grazed her nipples causing waves of pleasure to cascade over her body, as his hot breath blew against her neck. His thick shaft stretched the edges of her sweet hole, causing little sparks of glorious friction in her clit.

Farkas was lost. His only thought now was one of release. His hard flesh was enveloped in her tight walls, and he was only vaguely aware of her mewls of pleasure at each impact of his groin. Feeling the pressure build in his balls, he grabbed her hip with one hand, and started ramming himself in harder, and faster. He had not meant to be this rough with her, but he was not receiving any complaints. In fact, it was quite the opposite, as she appeared to push back to meet each stroke.

All too soon, Farkas felt the familiar rush of his orgasm, and with a hearty grunt he gave a final thrust deep into his bedfellow's wet pussy. As his seed filled her belly, waves of pleasure flowed out of him, and he could feel her tightening walls as her orgasm gripped his cock, draining him of all his fluids.

Her entire body had contracted during her orgasm, and Lyara felt her muscles slowly starting to relax as she melted against Farkas. She felt him make a move to withdraw, but with a slight noise of disappointment, and a small hand rested on his hip, he kept his position and they remained joined, his arms wrapped around her. Lyara was still in the bliss of her afterglow, and wanted to continue to languish in the fullness created by his flesh in hers.

She must have fallen asleep moments later, as the next thing she knew she was waking. Instinctively, she knew it was only just dawn, and her wolf blood told her that the moon had yet to set. The storm had died, and it sounded much calmer outside their shelter. It was then she noticed the emptiness behind her. She turned with a start to see Farkas fully clothed and fastening the last few buckles of his armour.

He looked at her when he saw her stir. What did he say now? he wondered. Thank you? He had to say something, as he could not continue to just gawp at her.

"Your clothes are dry," he said awkwardly. Immediately he regretted it, mentally kicking himself for sounding stupid, and in his embarrassment, he headed out of the room as quickly as he could muttering something about checking the horses.

Lyara was a little shocked and hurt. She sat in the cooling bedroll, wondering what she had done that upset him so. Granted, she had fell asleep before they had had a chance to discuss what had just happened, but she had wrongly assumed they could do that when they woke.

You stupid elf, she admonished herself. He is quite obviously feeling regret about what happened last night, by the very fact he is pretending it never happened. She realised now that it had been ridiculous for her to think that a fine Nordic warrior would be interested in a half-blood elf.

She should never have succumbed to her desires. She had been right all along. From now on, she was going to stick to her original plan and keep an emotional distance between them. As his Harbinger, she should keep the relationship strictly professional.

She was angry then, at her own weakness more than at Farkas. She quickly dressed in her now dry garments, and then fitted on her armour. When she appeared outside, Farkas held out the reins of her horse, and with an awkward smile said the beasts looked no worse for wear.

She snatched the reins from him a little harsher than she had intended, and with a cool anger and an icy glare, she swung herself up on to the animal's back. She had turned her mount and was already heading back along the path before he had mounted.

The rest of the day was spent in relative silence. Each of them regretting their part in the previous night, and thinking that the other one hated them for it.

Farkas was confused. He had definitely enjoyed his experience last night, right up to the point where she blanked him this morning. Having her lie next to him all night, then wake up with her in his arms had been wonderful. When he woke, he had taken a lungful of her sweet scent which always reminded him of snowberries.

Now, she was distant and cold towards him. He had watched her closely since she came into his life, and it had always been obvious that she allowed her duties and responsibilities to weigh heavy on her. For a time, he thought that she saw him as someone she could confide in, and share her burdens. He never forgot how she had told him first above all the other Companions about her being Dovakiin. It meant a lot that she had confided in him.

Why was she now keeping him at arm's length? Did she no longer consider him worthy? If that was the case, what was that last night? There had definitely been willingness on her part. In fact, she had taken the initiative; something he was fairly new to, but had to admit he liked it.

This morning, instead of their friendship getting closer as he had hoped, she was acting as if nothing had happened. Had he been nothing more than a small distraction from her problems? A way to satisfy a need? It was the only explanation he could conclude.

He understood that people had needs, and appetites, but his feelings were hurt, as he had hoped that their joining would have meant more to her than it appeared to do. He wanted it to mean as much to her as it had to him.

His disgust at her behaviour was only exceeded by the self-loathing he felt for himself. To have thought that a Harbinger, and a Dovakiin would entertain some block-headed Nordic barbarian for more than a second, was laughable when he thought about it.

They arrived into the small town of Ivarstead by lunch time. Lyara paid for two rooms at the Vilmyr Inn. She mumbled that she was going to her room to take a hot bath, and that she would see him back downstairs later for dinner.

Lyara let the hot water sooth her tired muscles. She got out of her pack a small bar of soap that she had made a couple of months ago using some lye, made from hardwood ash, and some oil extracted from snowberries. The oil had cost her a lot of gold and she had bought it in Bruma, a town in the northern part of the province of Cyrodiil. She had worked for several years as a mercenary in Cyrodiil, but had gone to Bruma in the vain hope of finding information about her father. Bruma was largely populated by Nords due to its proximity to the border of Skyrim.

As she lay back in the water, she tried to concentrate on what challenges she may face tomorrow with the Greybeards. However, as hard as she tried, thoughts of Farkas and his hooded glares haunted her, and for the first time in years, she allowed tears to run from her eyes. Their salty wetness lost in the waters of her bath.

Farkas was not faring any better. He had seen to the horses, and then taken his armour to the local smith to get a few repairs done, and get it oiled. After the rough weather, the last thing he needed was his armour to rust. He also paid the man to sharpen his blade, and arranged to collect everything the next day.

Back at the inn, he sat on his own at a table. The huge Nord had such a fierce expression, the usually friendly patrons of the tavern stayed well clear of him. Each drink drove him further and further into the abyss of his own self pity. Twice he almost stood up, resolved to go to her room. The first time his intention was to have it out with her, the second time to apologise and beg her forgiveness.

By the time Lyara joined him at his table, he was quite inebriated. She wondered if that was his second or third bottle of mead he had in front of him. Lyara asked the barkeep for two of whatever hot dish they had on that evening. They sat in silence as they waited for their meal. Lyara found it unbearable, so tried to start a conversation. She asked if he had found a smith to sharpen his blade.

He looked at her then, rage seething behind his icy stare.

"Of course I did. What use would I be as a shield-brother with a dull blade?"

Lyara was hurt by the insinuation that his only reason for being there was just as back up. She had allowed him to join her at his request, when she could have chosen from any number of the Companions. It had been his friendship, and companionship she had accepted, not his blade.

"You are more to me than just a shield-brother," she replied quietly.

He leaned over the table towards her, and snarled, "Am I?"

When he leaned forward, he got a whiff of the familiar snowberries scent he often caught from her, which caused his loins to tighten. He had needs too. He would show her that he didn't need some stupid wood elf to satisfy them either.

At that moment, two plates of venison stew were placed on the table by a tavern wench. She had small pert breasts that were squeezed into a tight bodice, pale skin, ruddy cheeks and tight ginger curls. Farkas grabbed the lass, and pulled her onto his lap. She squealed in surprise, but then he offered her a sip of his mead. She giggled inanely, sipping from his cup as he held it. A few drops spilled and ran onto her cleavage, which Farkas licked off with a playful roar. The girl whooped in delighted surprise, and when he lifted his head she nibbled at his ear.

He caught Lyara staring at him in surprise. Guilt started to set when he saw her expression change to sadness, then disgust. He realised he had gone too far. Lyara stood up dropped some coin into the waiting hand of the barkeep and said, "I'll take a bottle of that Alto wine you have too."

With that, she picked up her plate, and the bottle, and headed back up to her room.

At first light, they met up at the stables, and headed west out of the town, towards the foot of the "7000 Steps" that led up to High Hrothgar, the mountain top monastery where the Greybeards resided.

They encountered several ice wolves on the way up, and even one large troll, but they instinctively put their personal differences aside and slipped into the perfect fighting team without a thought.

At the summit, Lyara nervously pushed open the door. She was met by a handful of silent monks, but one stepped forward and addressed her as Dragonborn. He introduced himself as Arngeir, the leader of the Greybeards. He told her that before they could confirm that she was indeed Dragonborn, he wanted her to complete a series of trials to demonstrate her skill with Words of Power, or Thu'um. He led her to a courtyard area at the back of the temple.

Farkas watched from the sidelines feeling completely out of place. He fidgeted uncomfortably at the silent stares from the monks, and prayed to Talos that it would all be over soon. He watched Lyara go through the trials set by the leader of the Greybeards with a certain amount of pride at her repeated successes. He wanted to tell her that he was proud, but when he caught her looking over at him, he dropped his gaze and looked elsewhere.

Lyara beat a particularly difficult challenge set by Arngeir. He taught her a new 'shout' that allowed her to sprint as fast as the wind. She had a split second to react to his cue, and get through some gates before they closed which she achieved on her first attempt. Feeling quite pleased with herself, she looked over at Farkas hoping to share a smile with him, but he cast his eyes down.

Once again, she keenly felt the loss of their previous camaraderie.

Nottsgrrl
Nottsgrrl
213 Followers