Hard Day in the Big Easy

Story Info
Ariane punishes Kyle in public for bad online manners.
2.5k words
2.74
14.5k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kyle had belonged to a singles web site for months, but still couldn't find a relationship. Sometimes he'd send a message and get no response. Other times he would exchange a few messages with a woman before realizing that they were incompatible. Once in a rare while, he set up a casual date.

There never had been any second dates though. After meeting and talking, neither Kyle nor the woman would be interested anymore. As convenient as online meeting sites were, it seemed to Kyle that physical chemistry played such an important role in romance that even seeing someone's picture beforehand didn't matter unless two people "clicked" in those first crucial minutes face-to-face.

Kyle was not insecure about his own looks. He was thirty-two years old, fairly tall, and physically proportionate with dark hair, blue eyes, and a clean-shaven face. He considered himself good-looking. Women had told him so more than a few times too.

One day Kyle found an ad on the web site that caught his attention immediately. He stopped scrolling and stared at her photograph for a full five minutes before even reading her ad. This one stood apart from the rest in every way. She was a slender redhead of medium height with eyes the color of young maple leaves. Dressed impeccably, she wore complementary shades of red, brown, and green that highlighted her striking features.

Calling her a "redhead" actually did not do her justice. She had a luxurious mane of hair that seemed a different kind of red each time Kyle looked. First crimson, then copper, then auburn. And yet it was the same photo he was looking at each time! The woman conveyed a sexuality that was serene on the surface while hinting at wild energy just underneath.

Her profile said that she lived in New Orleans and was a graphic designer. Kyle noted that they liked similar foods, films, and music. It took him two days to work up the nerve to even send her a message, but he finally did it. He knew that there was a good chance he'd get a lukewarm response or none at all. But she was well worth the risk and effort. He told himself that the worst she could do was say no, though in truth, Kyle felt queasy at the thought of being rejected by this divine creature.

Nevertheless, he put forth his best effort, pointing out their common interests in carefully worded sentences and adding just enough humor and selective flattery to sound sincere.

Kyle's heart leapt when he saw a response in his mailbox the next day.

"Greetings from N.O.," the subject header read. She thanked him for his compliments and told him that her name was Ariane. She said that even though she kept her profile on the singles site, she hadn't bothered with it much in recent months.

"There's been nobody cool enough to be worth my time," she wrote. "...but it looks like that might be changing."

Kyle glowed inside as he read those last comments. But now that he'd made a good first impression, he was wary of writing back and blowing it by saying something awkward. He thought about her over the next several days and periodically logged on just to re-read her message. Yet still he hesitated to follow through and make the next move.

On the third day, Kyle found another message in his box from Ariane. This time the subject header read "Hello??"

Her note was short and to the point: "I sent you a message. Did you get it?"

This time Kyle hit the "Reply" button without hesitation.

"Yes, thank you, I did get your message. Sometimes I don't come back to my mailbox for a few days before writing back..."

He rambled on a bit more and pressed "Send" when he'd finished.

Days passed, and then a week. There was no more word from Ariane. Kyle still looked at her picture at least once a day, never failing to be awed by her beauty. One day he looked in his "Sent Mail" folder and examined the last note he'd sent her.

No wonder she hadn't written back again! What had he been thinking? She had responded to his overture of courtship and passed the ball back in his court. This was where he'd screwed up royally. The subtext of his next response said loud and clear that she was low on his list of priorities and that he could afford to keep her waiting. He'd never felt that way at all, though. Why did he sabotage a positive first impression by acting so foolishly?

After realizing all of this, Kyle quickly wrote and sent her another message.

"Dear Ariane-I looked at what I sent you last and I'm sure it must have come across very badly. I acted like a jerk and I apologize. Would you meet me for coffee sometime soon? New Orleans is not a long drive for me, and I would really like to meet you in person."

Another week passed with no response. Kyle assumed that Ariane must have written him off as one more asshole in cyberspace. She was not going to give him a pass on what he'd done, and more e-mails probably wouldn't help. But there was another possibility. Ariane had told him enough about her job that he believed he could locate her. If handled badly, things might get even worse, and she could view him as a stalker. If handled well, he might win her. It was risky, but worth a try.

The following Saturday, Kyle undertook the two-hour drive to New Orleans. He parked near the mall where he thought Ariane worked and went inside. It was a large shopping center. He had to comb around the place for over an hour, but had no doubt that he would recognize her in an instant if they crossed paths. And finally it happened.

He spotted her just outside the food court, finishing a drink she'd had with her lunch. Ariane dumped the contents of her tray into the trash bin, then turned and saw Kyle standing about ten feet from her.

He had been worried that she'd be angry or afraid to see him there without her consent. There was no trace of either emotion on her face now, but he could tell that she recognized him from his own online picture. Kyle was momentarily tongue-tied at the sight of this svelte, long-legged goddess. Her red hair cascaded from shoulders to waist, and her green eyes sparkled like backlit emeralds.

But at this moment, he saw no kindness in those eyes, nor any indication that she was flattered by his intentions. He knew he had to speak fast or the brief window of opportunity would close and she would be gone.

"Hello Ariane. I was hoping I'd find you here, and...I hope you don't mind that I just showed up. I'm so sorry about that note that I sent. I know that you must have thought I was a real jerk after that."

Ariane said nothing, but neither did she move. She merely continued watching Kyle as he struggled with his words. She looked amused or perhaps contemptuous...maybe both.

"Do you think maybe we could sit down and have coffee and talk about it? Or if you're through with lunch, maybe later. I wouldn't mind sitting here for a while until you're free again."

Still she said nothing and went nowhere. And still he couldn't begin to read her. Kyle knew that he was flushing and starting to sweat as she scrutinized him.

"Ariane, please—I'll do anything to make it up to you—to prove to you that I really mean it."

Ariane finally responded. She put her hands on her hips and her eyes challenged him to back up his words. Definitely there was amusement in her eyes, but contempt now outshone it.

Kyle noticed that a small crowd was starting to gather around them, aware that a confrontation of some sort was taking place. He wished that he'd never come to New Orleans, but now that he was here, his fixation with Ariane wouldn't let him walk away. She hadn't left, so maybe he still had a chance and she was just going to give him hell before letting him know. He felt completely in the dark.

"Do I need to get down on my knees and beg you?" he asked.

For the first time, Ariane spoke. "That would be a good start."

He continued looking at her, wondering if she meant it. She still had her hands on her hips and spoke not another word.

Kyle knew that his face was probably flaming redder than Ariane's hair as he slowly sank to his knees on the floor in front of her. In his peripheral vision, he saw two male "spectators" walk away shaking their heads as if watching another man debase himself was too much to witness. But the rest of the small crowd was composed of women and teenage girls who giggled when Kyle went to the floor.

"Okay?" Kyle said to Ariane. "I'm sorry about the note I sent. I really like you. Please forgive me."

Ariane took a step closer to him. He thought for a moment that she was ready to let him off the hook and allow him stand again. But he only thought that because he didn't know Ariane at all.

"Are you begging?" asked Ariane. "If you are, do it properly."

No, she would not let this man off the hook. She'd thought there might be something worthwhile about him when he sent that first note to her, so she took the trouble to write back, and what had it gotten her? She could not stomach weak men. She had seen and known too many of them, and they were only good for toying with until you got bored. Real men did not drool and lose their words in the presence of a beautiful woman. Real men did not supplicate the way that this one did so easily.

"I beg for your forgiveness," Kyle said softly.

"Speak up, now. I can't hear you."

"Please, Ariane. I can't-"

"Yes you can," said Ariane. "You've nearly proven yourself. There's only one more thing you have to do."

Kyle knelt quietly, looking at her in bewilderment.

"Kiss my foot," she said.

Several in the crowd of women snickered, and one of the girls said, "Oh my God!"

Kyle wished that he could walk or even crawl away to end this. But she had him believing that he had only one last hurdle to clear. He had never before met a woman with such powerful presence. Even online he'd felt this, but in person it stupified him. He leaned forward and put his palms on the floor for balance as he dipped his face down to Ariane's shoe. But that was as far as he got before she stepped forward in a flash and planted her spike heel hard into the top of Kyle's hand.

He cried out in pain and surprise. Reflexively his other hand moved to push her foot from him, but Ariane slapped his face before he could move an inch. With one hand pinned to the floor, he could gain no leverage to displace her. The pain was terrible.

The crowd of women grew larger, and Ariane was loving it. Punishing a weak man was even more enjoyable with an appreciative audience.

"No, I don't think I will allow you to kiss my foot," she said to Kyle. "You are not worthy of kissing it. The one chance you had with me is gone now, and you know what? You should be happy about that, because I guarantee that you would not have been able to handle me in bed."

Ariane leaned more weight forward and ground her heel so hard into Kyle's hand that he felt the bones would soon break. He wanted to try again to push her from him but didn't dare. The green eyes were afire now with scorn that burned into him without mercy.

"You know what I'm talking about," she continued. "They call it erectile dysfunction these days. Haven't you been trying to hide that little problem for years? Well with me, you would definitely wilt, and we both know that all the little blue pills in the world wouldn't help you."

When she saw his pupils dilate, Ariane knew that her guess was on target. She flashed a grin to rub in it deep, which made Kyle hang his head in shame. Ariane had never intended to get this vicious when she'd spotted him in the food court, but just couldn't resist. He needed a lesson that he wouldn't forget. She could get even rougher, but this would do. A satisfied lioness knew when to leave the kill.

"Okay, I'll be nice now. You still can't kiss my foot, but I will give you permission to kiss my footsteps after I leave. You can even cry on my footsteps while you're kissing them. Isn't that generous? And in return for that favor and me not breaking your hand, you will never approach me, speak to me, or e-mail me ever again. Do you promise?"

"Yes," Kyle answered.

Ariane bore down with her full weight and ground her heel again. Kyle gasped.

"Now already you've lied to me. I said you would never speak to me ever again. Do you promise?"

Kyle nodded this time and Ariane finally stepped off of his hand. Before he had a chance to lift it, she placed her other foot on Kyle's chest and pushed hard, sending him sprawling backwards onto his ass. She thought that he fell like a big turd and fought back a laugh. In an instant, she had her mobile phone out of her purse and snapped a photo of him.

"A little memento you might see online," she explained.

Then, just as quickly, Ariane turned and regally strode away. Several members of the female audience applauded. By this time, other teenage girls from the food court had joined their friends, and all of them added to the applause.

Kyle scrambled to his feet as quickly as he was able and made his way from the crowd toward the nearest exit. A few minutes later, he was in his car and heading out of New Orleans, vowing aloud to himself never to return. He couldn't help weeping on the way home while thinking of the humilation he'd just undergone. He was worried too. Ariane had only taken a single photo of him, but what if one of the girls had taken video? He imagined himself appearing on YouTube and friends or acquaintances finding the footage.

As for Ariane, she was walking on air for the rest of the day. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had such fun. At home later that evening, she logged onto the singles site to see if there was anything new. She still thought it a shame that with thousands of men out there, she still couldn't find one worthy of her. But at least she'd paid this one back for wasting her time.

In her message box, she selected all of the notes Kyle had sent over the last month and smiled.

"What a little twat," Ariane said, shaking her head.

She laughed and hit "Delete."