Hardest of Choices Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I say a little louder but still no answer. "Chuck are you home?"

"He's out."

I jump and drop my purse on the floor.

"Henry you scared me." I gasp.

"Sorry. Chuck left a little while ago."

"Where'd he go?"

"The bar."

"But Chuck doesn't drink..."

He shrugs. "Should I have stopped him or something?"

"Did something happen? There must be a reason, right?"

"I told him you kissed someone."

"What! What the hell Henry! What else did you tell him?" I'm furious. He doesn't know how Chuck can react to things.

"Everything Mel. I couldn't stop myself. I've needed to talk to you about it but then he was there asking the questions and I had the answers."

"You told him I kissed you?"

"Yeah. That probably wasn't the greatest idea."

"No! It was the worst idea ever!"

"Sorry Mel."

"Shut up." I pick up my purse and head back towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To find my husband."

I can see him at the stool at the bar. He's talking to some whore that oblivious to the wedding ring he's wearing. He has a beer and she has some pink concoction in front of her. She reminds me of the girl Henry brought home. She has the same fake blond hair, large breast, and strange tanned skin. She wears a tight pink top and tight jeans; 4-inch leopard print heels top it off. He looks bored but continues to sit with her.

I'm standing right inside the door, the bar smells and is dimly light. I feel completely out of place. My skinny jeans, converse, and flowery shirt don't belong in this place. Chuck doesn't belong here either. But he fits in somehow. I think it's just because of his depressing expression. He looks like a regular, chatting with the slut of the night, and drinking the same thing he drinks every night. But Chuck doesn't drink, and Chuck isn't single, and Chuck shouldn't be depressed.

He takes a sip of the beer; it disgusts him but he continues. He glances around the room and eyes land dead on me. The blond realizes he isn't listening and tries to see what he's looking at. I'm biting my lip nervously. He says something to the girl and throws some money on the counter before getting up.

He gets a few feet away from me and motions to go outside. I walk to his car, which is closer to mine.

"I'm not mad Mel."

"You aren't?" I know I sound genuinely surprised.

He shakes his head no. "I was at first but then I realized I was being a hypocrite."

"How are you being a hypocrite?"

"Did I ever tell you I had a sister?"

"You've mentioned her. She died when she 17 right?"

"Yes. And up until the moment she died I would have given anything to be with her, the way your brother wants to be with you."

This shocks me even more and he continues.

"We used to joke about it all the time but I don't think she ever truly realized. I kissed her once, a week before she died. She punched me in the face after, your brother lucky you didn't."

"I didn't like it Chuck. I love you."

"Mel trust me when I tell you I know how strong a bond a brother and sister share."

"He kissed me both times but the second time...the second time he had to stop me."

"You remind me of her. I think that's part of the reason I love you so much. I hope that doesn't make you angry."

"No, not at all."

"You're bubbly like she was and beautiful. I'll do whatever to get that Mel back."

"I haven't meant to be so depressed I just didn't have anyone to talk to about it."

"I want you talk to him. Whatever you decide I'll support you."

"What do you mean?"

"If you want him more than me, go ahead."

"Chuck I could never leave you. You must not understand how much you mean to me."

"I understand but I understand that sometimes a sibling means more."

"Is it wrong that I want both of you?"

He thought about that for minute before pulling me into his arms.

"No. And both of us is what you shall have."

12