Harry's Protégé Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sierra's father came to her office, saying he was taking delivery of his new car on Monday and would take Harry for lunch on Tuesday for a serious talk. Margo was going on and on about the lunch the three of then enjoyed together the other day at Margo's choice of restaurant (they'd left as early dinner patrons arrived), saying they must do it again, and she was suggesting they go to Turkey instead of the Greek Islands.

Sierra's polite responses seem to puzzle him but he didn't probe, except to ask if she was all right. At that she nodded, careful not to show any shoulder slump.

That weekend was a disaster for Sierra, spent alone although Jenni phoned Sunday to suggest doing something. Sierra declined with thanks. She also declined the offer to join Harry and Jenni in their run the next morning.

The call ended and Sierra dropped the phone, kicking it under the bed, determined not to cry. She cried later when attempting to retrieve it, hitting her head.

The worst thing about their stand-off was walking past him in the corridor, both pretending the other person didn't exist.

On Tuesday Sierra ran to the lift, just managing to re-open the door. The one person inside just had to be Harry.

"Good morning," she said.

"Good morning," he said.

And that was it.

Both studied the fake wood wall paneling. Oh, that wasn't quite all. She waited for him to exit first, but he stood aside and quite clearly said, "Ladies first."

"I'm no lady," she cried, and ran sobbing to her office.

It had been a fluke opportunity, but even that didn't work. Her performance had been faked as there were no wet cheeks to dry.

The stand-off now seemed irresolvable, meaning he'd have to resign or sack her. Be damned if she would resign and risk her destiny.

The impasse ended that afternoon and looking back Sierra had no explanation for it except thinking it could have been divine intervention.

She'd just approved the two editorials and was stretching looking down into the car lot when she saw her father's new black Mercedes arrive, swerving into a parking space, not even his. Oh boy, Harry and her father must have been hitting the liquor.

The car door opened and Harry jumped out, not even bothering to close it; he ran to the building. Where was her father? What was happening? Alarmed, she rushed to the elevators.

Harry emerged, face tense. He saw her and said "It's your father..."

"Oh God," Sierra almost whispered as the foyer seemed to whirl. Her next recollection was being in Harry's arms; he was patting her face and calling to her gently. "He's alive, but no-one knows for how long or whether a full recovery is likely until time and tests give their indications."

She straightened unsteady for half a second then her brain took over as members of staff gathered around them.

"Harry hand the car keys to Liz. Liz, take the chairman's car and have it garaged. Frank, take over. We will remain in phone contact. Harry call a cab and take me to my father."

More Coming

12