Healer's Touch Ch. 04

Story Info
Trouble for Kat and Charlie.
3.5k words
4.59
29.3k
5

Part 5 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/23/2022
Created 07/03/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers

Charles gazed into the fire as he stroked the soft skin of the foal that was resting at his side. Occasionally he glanced down at the small creature. Across the fire, Kat was curled up with a blanket and in a deep slumber. The shadows under her eyes told their own story. She had fought quite the battle as she helped the zephti make it's entrance into the world. The foal made a questioning sound as it looked at Kat.

"Relax, she is just sleeping," he reassured the colt. Since his people settled in the desert, the zephti had been a mystery. The scientists were still trying to figure out why zephti young bonded with Aresericans. It had simply been the way of it. He had assumed that the foal would bond with him but to his surprise the colt had chosen to bond with Kat. It was the first time that he had ever seen it happen. Even when Earthlings were present the zephti always chose the Areserican. Maybe the colt recognized her as the one that had helped him into the world.

He watched in amusement as the colt left his side and stumbled on it's shaky legs to Kat's side. It's mother lifted her head and watched as the baby plopped down next to Kat. Charles couldn't help but chuckle when it lipped at a strand of her hair. Kat mumbled in her sleep and turned towards the colt.

He wished that she was different...that she was as lacking power as he was. Today he had seen that she had a backbone of steel that was tempered with compassion. If he were looking for a queen to rule at his side, she would be a very good candidate. If she were powerless, he wouldn't resist the desire to make her his queen and mate.


Kat found herself lying in a room that she had never been in before. Looking around she noticed the plush surroundings. Even the lush carpeting on the floor cried out sensuality. She rubbed her hand over the covering on the bed. It wasn't soft like she had expected. Instead it felt kind of 'nubby' like one of her grandmother's afgans.

Where am I?

When she heard a shower shut off, she turned towards the sound. After a few minutes of silence, the adjoining bathroom door opened and out stepped Charlie. He wore a towel wrapped around his waist and was drying his hair with the other one.

Charlie?

Hi sweetheart.

What is going on? Where am I?

My chambers.

And why are we here?

Because I have the over whelming desire to make love to you. In here we have privacy and everyone knows not to disturb me.

Because you have spoken? she teased.

No. Because I am the ruler of Areseric and these are the royal chambers.

So I've been told. Does being the king give you any "privileges"?

But of course!

What would they be...these privileges? She leaned back further on his bed as he crawled into the bed with her.

You... He covered her body with his. As his head dipped in, he gave her plenty of time to stop him before capturing her lips with his. First he toyed with them, urging them apart with his. When she did, he ran his tongue over their inner surface before slowly tangling his tongue with hers. He growled when she wrapped her arms around his neck.


When Kat moaned, Charles looked at her in concern. When she moaned again, he rolled to his feet and hurried to her side. Was she sick? It was the last thing that he needed. He reached out to touch her, when she mumbled his name. He paused. What was she dreaming about? Dare he touch her? He frowned. When he had touched his wife in the same situtation, he had been drawn into her dream. Yes, she was a healer but she wasn't a witch like Deanna had been. He should be safe.

Reaching out he slowly brushed the side of her face. He inhaled sharply when he felt the tug of power on him before he was swept into the dream world. He now knew that he hadn't been safe at all.


Kat moaned happily as she clung to Charlie's neck. Goosebumps had followed his lips as he had worked his way down her neck. She was surprised when she felt an uneasy tension fill him. He lifted his head and Kat could see the confusion and lust warring in his eyes. What was going on? Did he or did he not want to make love with her?

Charlie?

Ah, hell. He leaned forward and rested his head against hers. She could feel the tremors shake him as he fought with the desire to make love to her. What kind of dream was this? she wondered. She wanted him but it seemed like even in here he was destined to resist her.

I can't do this...

Why?

Because I can't. He lifted his head and stared down into her eyes. I wish I could, Katrina. It would be so easy to give in.

Then why don't you? After all it is only a 'dream'?

Because it would be bad for both of us. I cannot risk it!

Ah, I see that you are still focusing on my so-called abilities. Let's face it, Charlie. You are scared that I am going to hurt you. You are not remembering that I can and must heal. But you know, I can't promise that I'll never hurt you, Charlie. I'm human. I make mistakes just like everyone else. If you are looking for perfection then I'm not it.

Katrina, please. It isn't you, sweetheart. It's me. I can't take the chance. You will become an addiction that I won't ever escape.

So what are we going to do?

We're not going to do anything. I'm going to do as I promised Gracie and take you to see Arianna. Then I'm going to go back to Rand's palace.

Why? Why not stay and see your family?

I have no family that I want to see.

Kat stared at him sadly. She could feel empathy for him. She, too, was estranged from her own mother. Whatever demons were chasing him, she knew that it would be a long hard battle to banish them. Maybe being aggressive wasn't the key to this special situation.

I'll tell you what, Charlie. I'll stop chasing you, if you stop running from me. Just spend the rest of our trip enjoying each other's company. Then you can drop me off at Arianna's doorstep and I'll wish you a safe trip back.

And this attraction between us?

We'll just let it lay. I won't try to seduce you and you won't look at me.

What!

Well, what can I say? I see you watching me with those silver eyes and can't help but want to jump your sexy bones. Kat toyed with a strand of his hair before tugging on it lightly.

So no more throwing yourself at me. We will finish this trip as friends not lovers?

As much as it pains me, yes. The only thing I ask is before you drop me like a hot potato, I want you to kiss me just once of your own free will.

You just have to push don't you? he growled as he rolled off of her.

Kat stared at his body as he bent to retrieve the towel that had ended up on the floor. She sighed as he wrapped it around his waist.

Push? If that is what you want to call it. I can't help that I want you. If you won't let me have you at least let me have a memory.

Charles stood there for a moment. It didn't seem like he was even breathing. Then he sighed and turned back to her.

One kiss, Katrina. One for your memory.Then he turned and strode back to the bathroom.


Mr Ulrich sat behind his desk and reviewed the file in front of him. The presistant buzzing at his wrist reminding him that his wife was waiting patiently at home for him. She was an understanding woman but the understanding only went so far. Glancing at the watch, he sighed and closed the file in front of him. He had to go now or he'd be sleeping on the couch for sure. Placing the file back in his in box, he straightened his desk as his habit before standing up. As he prepared to lock up, he was surprised when a man entered the room.

"Oh, you startled me. Son, if you are looking for testing you need to come back tomorrow. We're closing for the evening." Mr Ulrich stepped back a step as the man walked into the light. There was something familiar about him. Where had he seen this person before. As recognition dawned on him, he panicked.

"You're dead!"

"No." the man said softly. "My brother is dead... but not me. Where are they?"

"Who?" Mr. Ulrich gasped as the man backed him against the filing cabinet.

"The little healer from Earth and that son of bitch that she's with. Where did they go?"

"Katrina and Charles?"

"I see that the light has finally dawned. Where are they?" He shoved the man against the cabinet hard enough to make it rattle.

"They are gone."

"You test my patience, Mr Ulrich. I know they have left. I want to know where they are going!" the man hissed before reaching behind him and pulling a blade out of his back pocket.

"What are you planning on doing with that!"

"Tell me what I want to know, or I'll leave a pretty little souvenir for you wife to fret over."

"They are headed back to Charles' home." Mr Ulrich said weakly as he felt the burn of the knifepoint being dragged across his cheek.

"Now, was that so hard?" the man crooned before stepping back from him. Reaching out, he brushed off Mr. Ulrich and straightened his jacket. Then as quietly and elusively as he appeared he was gone, leaving Mr. Ulrich to dab at the blood that was slowly seeping down his cheek.

"What have I done?" he whispered.


The man approached the proprietor that had rented to Charles and Kat. He smiled faintly as he took in the man's nervous glances. He did look remarkably like his twin brother. It was so easy to slip into his shoes. As a result many doors had opened just with a cool glance and a raise of his eyebrow. His brother's reputation had stood him good use.

"Mr. Garway, I had heard that you had..." the man paused and swallowed quickly.

"Heard that I had what, Aaron? Died? But as you can see with your own eyes I stand before you."

"Ah, yes...Mr. Garway, what can I help you with?" The clerk fidgeted and smoothed down his clothing agitatedly.

"I need information, Aaron and you are just the man to give me what I seek."

"I...I...I..."

"Come now, Aaron, don't make me have to visit that lovely wife of yours. I hear she is quite a lovely young witch. Much too lovely to mar carelessly." The man pulled out his knife and began to clean under his fingernails with it as he watched the horror fill Aaron's face.

"What do you want to know?" Aaron asked quickly.

"A few days ago, a couple came in and rented a zephti from you."

"Ah yes. King Charles and a young lady. She was quite small. The king was concerned about the zephti which was pregnant being able to carry them double."

"Which direction did they say they were headed?"

"To Areseric. He told me he would house the mother and foal at his palace until the baby was ready to travel back here."

"How long ago did they leave? Be exact here, Aaron. Exact as I will be when I scar your wife, if the information you have given me is false."

"They left two days ago at dawn."

"Now, tell me that you have an available zephti."

"Yes...I'll go get it!" The man scurried out of the office as if the hounds of hell were on him. By the time he came back in he had stopped trembling but he was still wary of the man. When he went to fill out the appropriate papers, the man just brushed him aside.

"I won't be needing those."

"But my boss requires..." the man pleaded.

"He won't need them this time. Now, lets go and fetch this beast so I may be on my way.

The clerk nodded and scurried around the desk before leading the man out to the waiting zephti.


In Kartic, the capital of Areseric, the council of the tribunal were meeting in the royal meeting hall. They had come together to discuss what to do about the absent king.

"I think he should be relieved of his duties," the eldest member voiced.

"And why is this, Councilor Dean?" Arianna asked as she watched the ongoing debates.

"Because he flaunts his lack of respect and caring for anything that has to do with Areseric's history. He has been keeping company with Prince Randall. The prince that spurned our queen so many years ago. How is this showing respect!"

"Your niece was a young girl when she set her cap for Prince Rand. He was out of her league then and still is to this day." Arianna replied. Toying with the paper in front of her, she waited for the next out burst to occur. It didn't take long.

"He has married a commoner. She is a witch of extraordinary powers but not one drop of royal blood in her veins. If he had been the crown prince of this country, it would have never been allowed!"

"Ah...so I see we have once again returned to the issue of Prince Rand's marriage. What might I ask, other than the fact that it sticks in your craw that Prince Rand refused your niece's pursuit, does this have to do with how well Charles can carry out his duties as king? Your niece chose Charles, I might add. At the time I do believe that your words were "better Charles than that bastard child of August's."

"How dare you mention him!" Councilor Dean roared as he shot out of his chair.

"How dare I?" Arianna whispered as she fought to control her unraveling temper. "Aric, was a thorn in our side until Princess Gracie banished him from Venus. And let us not forget, Councilor Dean, that even though we have our own separate government in Areseric, that we all still fall under the mantle of King Mica's realm. So gainsaying his son, is not the best idea, I would think."

"Fine! Let us get back to the neglected duties of our absent king. The Renewal Festival is fast approaching. Tradition states that the King blesses each couple that comes forth in the hopes of a child. Not to mention the duties on last night of the festival where bonded couples marry. In our long history we have never had a king and queen neglect their duty on that all-important night. Nor have we ever had an unwed king perform those duties. Charles has to find a queen before that night, Arianna. Tradition requires it!" Dean finished with a flourish, stopping before her.

Arianna looked up at the man in front of her. Even at sixty, he was still a quite handsome wizard. His chestnut hair had turned to silver and his lavender eyes had not lost any of their zest for life. Time had been kind to him and he still retained the same fit physique that he had as a young wizard. She could see why her sister-in-law had fallen for him. Even in the years since her passing, Stephen Dean had not faded away as most had expected. It was true that they had never taken the bond of 'chosen' but they had been inseparable during life. Most had expected that Stephen would follow Hope to her grave. Instead he had found his calling in running the tribunal that made all the laws of Areseric. Pushing those thoughts aside, Arianna rose to her full height. She would not show cowardice or weakness in front of this man, no matter her feelings towards him.

"Tradition, my dear Councilor, requires that everyone follow it. And I do believe that you have at least once in your life flouted tradition and did as you pleased. You have no right to judge the King because he chooses to serve under King Mica. He can learn a great deal from our High King. Many things that will make him into a better and wiser ruler. Even when Aric choose to appeal Charles' right to the throne after Deanna's death, the Council saw fit to leave Charles on it, even though he had fled to King Mica's side for protection from the very man that wanted his throne."

"Isn't that a sign of cowardice!" Stephan asked hotly.

"Councilor Dean that is quite enough!" Councilor Tray interrupted. "I cannot speak for the rest of the council, but I tire of listening to you and Healer Arianna, argue at every Tribunal meeting. For God's sake, man, take the fire between you two and use if for much better things than fighting. It's high time that you two settle what you should have years ago!"

"I don't have the faintest idea of what you are blabbering about Tray! Fine, I will let the issue drop for now. But Arianna has to agree to convince Charles to come home for the Renewal Festival. It cannot progress without him!"

"Healer Arianna, what do you say? Will you convince the King to stay for the Festival?" Tray asked from where he sat at the conference table.

"I will do what I can. I had a call from Prince Rand, King Charles is bringing a novice to train with me. I will do all I can to convince him to stay and perform His duties at the Festival."


Arianna let herself into her chambers. The maid that was turning down her bed, curtsied in greeting before Arianna dismissed her with a nod of her head. Sitting down at her vanity, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. At times such as these, every year seemed to show on her face. Her once ebony hair now had strands of grey that graced her temples. Her once flawless skin now held the signs of age in the laugh lines that framed her mouth. Tonight she felt every one of her fifty-three years.

She turned as she heard a knock on her door. Sighing, she pushing away from her vanity before returning to the door. She was surprised to see Stephan Dean in front of her.

"Councilor Dean, don't you have other things to do than harass me?"

"Arianna...I..." He scowled at her, before dragging her into his arms.

"What...." was all she could utter before he pressed his lips against hers. Immediately Arianna stilled. She could feel a response building inside of her. She quickly forced it back down. She waited for him to have his fill before gently pushing him away.

"Arianna," his voice was hoarse.

"No, Councilor Dean. I will not give into this attraction that you feel the need to throw in my face."

"Damn it, woman. It is obvious to the council that I want you. I've told you that I want you and I know that you sure as hell want me. So why are you resisting?" He started pacing back and forth.

"Councilor Dean, I believe it is time that you left." Arianna gathered all her willpower to show him to the door.

"Tell me something, Arianna. If you would have seen me first, would I have had a chance?" He stopped in front of her and lifted her chin to look into her beautiful jade eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"If you would have seen me before Hope, would you have let me woo you?"

"I don't understand why you're asking me this." She tried to pull away from him.

"Stop it. Just answer me! If it weren't for Hope, would we have ended up together? Would your son have ended up being our son?"

"Please Stephan. Just let it be. We can't change the past. I've buried those foolish dreams." She walked away from him to stand at the window. Looking out of it, she waited for him to leave. She gritted her teeth as she felt his breath against her ear.

"Then be prepared, sweetheart. I plan on resurrecting them. I've wasted to much time and I don't plan on wasting any more."

"It is pointless, Stephan. There is no future in it." Arianna turned and looked at him. "But I wish there was."

dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers