Heather in the Highlands Pt. 03

Story Info
James returns to check on Heather.
16.6k words
4.48
10.6k
0

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 08/09/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1.

He had to check. To see whether the ghosts had done their magic or not. Only James had felt guilty at not having told Heather that he'd made imprints of the keys before tossing the originals down the vent.

That'd had been the worst part of the whole thing for him. The symbolism of throwing those keys away thus imprisoning her for all time. So now six months after he'd attended her 'funeral,' along with his parents in Ft William, he was actually going to see if her body needed to be disposed of. It was a hot October afternoon and he'd packed a picnic, planning to...well hoping to share it with her.

Arriving at Claggan his heart was already pounding, the same way it always did on sighting the ruin, but as today he was going inside this was different and in a way he didn't know whether to continue. If she was dead, then so be it, but if Heather really was alive...that might cause more problems for both of them. He had enough to deal with at the moment already.

Most times he'd just driven past on his way to the peatbeds. Only the first, the occasion when all three of the family had been present to witness James scattering the 'ashes' Kelvin had provided did his parents see just how much he'd thought of Miss McCreadie. They'd arrived back from Aberdeen the night before the funeral, not even knowing she'd 'died'. Only his devastated face greeting them had silenced the pair. June's plan to show him the delightful pictures of their newest arrival were halted.

The three had travelled to Ft William for the service and only then, talking to Janice did Kelvin find out from the concocted story they'd agreed on that Heather had 'died' in James' arms the week before. He pledged right then to look after the lad as best he could during the following months. His boy had been grief-stricken at first but used time to work off his sorrow and the farm would prosper as a result. The photo of Miss McCreadie taken by him up the tower at Claggan Castle during that first magical holiday then made an appearance in his bedroom. Anytime he needed space away from the farm he would tell the others he was off to visit 'Heather's place'

Today he was going to see if she was really there!

Parking up he grabbed torches and stuff then went downstairs, pleased to see the place was as he'd expected. Even the manacle room was intact, though he knew where the keys were for those ones. Spraying oil onto the hatch chain James hauled up on it. The massive lump slowly rising up to the side. James quietly eased the two wedges into place to support it then nervously approached the first of the locked doors.

Sliding the key into the lock he prayed it'd work, sighing with relief as it clicked and so the bolts followed and James went through, doing the same to the second door and finally he stood outside Heather's cell. Sniffing the air and relieved there was no smell of decaying corpse. He looked through the bars, the candles burning as before and he saw...

Chapter 2.

Ever since those keys had rattled down the pipe Heather McCreadie had prayed like never before for something to happen. The first night being the worst as the ghosts never came for her. She'd felt really grim, stomach cramping, lungs burning her alive and at one point Heather begged for something to take her away from this before passing out. So was surprised to wake later with only a slight pain running through her body. Had they been after all?

With no sense of time Heather worked on 'sleeps,' using a nail and scratching lines into the wall above her bed. Like in cartoons of prisoners ticking off the 'days-til-release'. Though the thought that she'd never leave here had driven Miss McCreadie into hysterics at one point on her seventh period of 'wake' as she called it. Smashing her fists into the wall, tugging the restraining bolt there then trying to get the chain off her collar. But James' handiwork was too good so another 'day of despair' began for the girl.

By 'wake' ten she no longer ached, in fact Heather felt quite good. Starting to realise she was putting some weight on again. If only she'd got James to leave her sandwiches or something else instead of just biscuits and cake. "Guess he assumes I'll be dead by now instead of almost cured!" she grumbled. "I wonder what my 'funeral' was like?" a faint grin in the darkness of her humour.

The ghosts came for her days later as she lay there. Though at first Heather thought she was dreaming as her blanket drew back and the dress came up. Looking down however she saw it really moving and she smiled as it got to work. Minutes later she was squealing in ecstasy as it brought her off into one hell of an orgasm. So maybe things weren't so bad if this kept happening. Occasionally she'd lose it and tug at her chains but the girl had eventually resigned herself to her situation.

So she lived on regardless, doing limited twisting and bending exercises because of the wrist cuffs, shuffling up and down the cell but the girl couldn't complain. She was the one who'd asked James to put her down here, if ONLY he hadn't obeyed her last request and toss the keys down the vent. He'd assured Heather they were the only ones and she believed that to be true as he'd promised never to lie to her.

Her current 'day' dream continued, hearing quiet footsteps in the corridor and the squeak of a bolt at her cell door, then the lock clicked so she smiled and opened her eyes to see...

A FACE AT THE BARS!

Heather scrambled off the bed, her eyes widening as the door creaked open and James slowly walked in. Stunned she was alive, and looking like the first day he'd seen her last year. That beautiful face back to normal, paler in the candlelight, but currently with a look of utter shock on it. "Hello honey, I'm back," he said as she gaped.

"JAMES!" she squealed, bursting into tears and he came closer, wrapping the girl in his arms. Thrilled she was all right and he savoured the feelings he'd thought he'd never have again. Their lips meeting for a kiss then he ruffled her hair. They stayed like that for ages before she gently pushed him away and sat down on her bed.

"The keys you put down the vent, you said those were the only ones, how did you get in?" she said at last, a note of what to him sounded like annoyance or accusation in her voice. He looked surprised at her tone, then realised she was naturally struggling to comprehend what was happening.

"Well...at the time they were," he said, looking a little sheepish. "But I didn't say I'd made imprints into clay beforehand, then had new ones made. So I didn't lie, just...bent the truth somewhat," and she smiled a little as he carried on. "I had to know one way or another about you. Heather love, I cared so much for you and now I know you're alive I'll promise I always will. Besides you are looking rather good today."

Heather smiled at that, lifting her legs up and showing him she was still manacled as before. "Yeah, it's been a struggle. But my ghostly friends eventually did their stuff...so it appears I'm cured...or at least in remission or whatever it's called. No aches or pains anywhere," she said and looked down at her wrists. "However buddy I'd be a lot better if you took these off please, or at least cut the link," Heather asked, waving arms indicating the chain between them, the same for her legs. "Going to the bucket is bloody difficult, especially in this dress. I nearly tipped the damn thing over one day overbalancing."

He grinned at her and she looked pained at first, then smiled as he said he'd cut them. How he'd get the actual cuffs off her limbs would have to be worked out. Somehow he'd get her next door into the workshop. But how to do it while she was still chained to the wall as he knew the 'link' to the castle must not be broken...and that began to worry him. Did Heather realise this yet?

Heather waited nervously as James went to fetch his bolt-cutters, happy that soon she'd be able to get outside and her body tingled with anticipation. He returned, telling her to sit down so he could start with her ankles. "Why? Fancy having a little... once I can open them wide enough?" she chuckled and he went red.

"No, well maybe later once I know you're OK," he replied, telling her to be patient. James positioned himself and snipped through the second loop from the manacle itself. The first would need to remain intact for the snaplocks. Another snip and the chain dropped away with a clatter. Heather raised one leg on its own, then the other before standing up. "Nice, now do my wrists so I can give you a great BIG bearhug."

He did so, letting the link that'd bound her fall away and Heather groaned, as she was able to flex both shoulders' independently. Swinging her arms for a moment. "C'mer," she giggled and wrapped herself around, hugging him tight, both of them starting to cry as they held on. After a while of this they dried up, James wiping away her tears before she sat down and held the chain by her collar. "Last one," she grinned, that fading on seeing him place the boltcutters on the bed well away from where they should be heading.

James looked painfully at her then shook his head. "I'm sorry love. But I cannot do that one, if I cut it love, you'll probably die and...I'm not prepared to risk that," he said at last.

Heather McCreadie was stunned into silence. Her mouth flapping open in disbelief. "But you MUST!" she finally squealed, tugging the chain, staring at him, her eyes wider than he'd ever seen before. The girl getting to her feet and going to the wall. Placing both hands near the bolt and pulling as best she could, begging him to do the last cut then take her home to Braemore. James had to stop her, grabbing the lassie and spinning Heather around, forcing her against the stonework, holding both wrists high above her head and pressing himself against her.

Unfortunately he was not used to dealing with pretty girls in dresses, thinking the restrictive length of her outfit would stop any kicking. Forgetting that Heather's ankles were free and she made him pay. A well-placed knee missed his crown jewels by a fraction, bouncing off his thigh but still making James wince. "That's enough missy, settle down," he snapped as she tried that again, really struggling and crying but helpless in his grip. She tried a different tack, attempting a head-butt that only just missed and he lost control. Quickly letting go of an arm he slapped Heather's face as hard as he'd do with errant livestock. The blow stunned her but did the trick.

A flaming imprint of his fingers on her cheek and she stopped struggling, but James was not in the mood to cease. Dragging Heather to the bed and throwing her on, then he mounted her and pinned the girl down, his face inches from hers. "Now stop it, or I'm gonna leave you, understand?" he barked, "Down here, alone, afraid, locked in your collar, the doors and hatch secured and me gone for ever. Do you want that, or shall I try to help you?" he said. The last bit quieter as he could see how terrified she'd become.

Heather's tearstained face looked up at him but knowing he was right was still devastating for her when she'd thought it'd soon be over. "I'm sorry," she whispered as he let go, getting off and allowing her to sit up then embrace him. "But you must see... it's been such a nightmare down here...I didn't want to continue living. Yes I was alone and afraid, so please don't taunt me!" her voice getting angry again. However seeing him starting to glare at her she moderated the tone, afraid he'd abandon her after all. "I...at one point I really wanted to die and be done with it," she said but stopped on seeing him stiffen.

His hands gripped hers tight enough to hurt but Heather was amazed when he started to cry instead. "Please love, please never say that, after what I've just been through," he wept and now it was her turn to hold on as he then told the girl something that appalled her.

"Barely a fortnight ago I had to attend two more funerals. My best friends Gary and Martin. Both of them fellow farming mates' killed in a tractor crash on the Ullapool road a week or so before. Drunk-driving trucker ploughed headfirst into them. I was following with Kelvin and saw the whole thing. We rushed to help but once there saw it was hopeless and we needed proper cutting gear rather than trying ourselves. Running back to ours to phone for the rescue guys we were fifty yards away when the whole lot blew up." Heather gasped at that, clutching his hands as the guy trembled. Hearing those screams echoing again in his head as people died in agony.

"Imagine how you'd have felt losing Janice and one of the others and seeing it happen?" he continued. "Now I know you're alive love, then I...I can try to save you when I couldn't rescue my friends. Will that do? I'm promising you now Heather that I'll do my best to make life here more comfortable. But you in turn must realise that you simply cannot leave...ever. Remember, according to records you're officially dead anyway. These ghosts here have given you a wonderful second chance that my Gaz and Marz will never get, OK?"

Both of them were now in tears and he apologised for losing his rag and she nodded, stroking his face, kissing him tenderly as he simmered down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." James man enough to accept what she said, cuddling her body until she'd settled.

Chapter 3.

To change the subject Heather asked about Jenna's baby, remembering she'd been due. Astonished to find the young Hollie Louise was nearly six months old. Her eyes watered at the fact she'd never be able to have a child herself, also shocked at how long she'd already been incarcerated here and it shook her up, James stroking to calm her again with a kiss for good measure.

"Louise, that's nice. It was...well is my middle name too," she said softly. James nodded. "I know, Jen asked me to suggest one and rather than being too corny or obvious, I said Louise instead, they liked it so H-L she became. Think Kelvin and June are aware of my reasoning, and they don't mind. But what they'd say if they knew I was here talking to the real 'Lou' I dread to think."

They both chuckled at that. James also saying that Jen had finally decided to clear out her wardrobes, purging at Braemore and her place in Aberdeen. "Four bloody great bags of gear going to charity shops or the dump. Do you want any of them before I junk the rest?" She agreed and he said he'd bring the whole lot next weekend for her to rummage through. "I think your 'naughty nightie' is in there!" he grinned and Heather blushed SO red. There were some spare blankets at home he'd fetch as well. The guy wasn't sure how cold it'd get down here. Heather saying so far the temperature seemed to remain constant and was comfortable enough but she'd appreciate extra protection.

However he did warn her that there may be the odd time due to bad weather when he'd have to miss a couple of visits. The last few winters hadn't been that bad for snowfall but she needed to be prepared. "Well I got through the first six months alright. So we'll see about that when it comes." Getting a rub as James knew how hard this was for her.

He announced plans to 'chain-up' the corridor thus it would allow Heather to move around her floor. She could use snaplocks on those loose loops of the manacles and get from room to room without breaking the 'link'. Though having realised what this might mean she paused and asked him to do the whole place instead! "There's plenty of chain lengths still next door, isn't there?"

James went into the workshop and looked at the racks, measuring lengths with his eyes. She was right and as he was a member of the Mountain Rescue team now he had a whole box of climbing snaplocks in the jeep. So he came back and told her, seeing Heather's eyes light up. "It'd mean I could even go... upstairs...beyond the hatch, couldn't I?" she said, nervously hoping... "Yep. I've got no problem with that. Do you good to get some daylight love," he replied and she rushed forward and gave him a hug.

Over the next two hours he did a great job. Banging spikes into walls and affixing cables to them. Returning to Heather and saying it was all done as she'd asked. There was enough slack for them to overlap so she could clip one ankle to the next length before undoing the first but now she could get to the main door. "But you MUST check before moving on. This is so important honey, I wouldn't want to lose you now," he said and she nodded, getting a reassuring kiss. The closest one stretched from the first corridor barrier right into her cell though James warned her each length weighed a lot. "Keep me exercised then," she grinned, holding the snaplock.

Heather clipped it to her leg and checked it was secure, showing James the little tab was across. Then he came close with the boltcutters and she held the neckchain, allowing him to pause, then snip the loop. "Oh goodness that's better!" Miss McCreadie exclaimed as the weight dropped off and she could relax, letting the chain go with a clatter as it fell to the floor. "Yep, I'm fine. No dizziness love" she said having paused to see.

James smiled as he fitted a snaplock to the end, saying as these shouldn't undo she'd be OK. But put the ankle one on as well when sleeping 'just in case' one came off. Heather agreed before giving him a kiss of thanks. Then heading for the door, nervously peering out of the cell before stepping into the corridor. She didn't bother teasing James by locking him in but paced herself to the staircase, managing not to trip over on the chain, though the drag was considerable as he'd warned.

Arriving at the bottom she looked up, feeling a breeze on her face but didn't go further despite the next length from above being there ready for her. James came up behind, sliding hands round her waist. "You going on up?" he asked, surprised when Heather said no. "Guess I'm scared, OK?" and that got her a kiss and stroke before they went back to her room and sat on the bed for another cuddle.

"So what do the ghosts do to you now you're OK?" he asked. Fascinated at her reply about the sexual side, seeing her eyes close and a warm smile at the memories. Opening in amazement when he asked would the ghosts do the same for him? "Hardly likely James, for a start you're not chained to the wall by any means, no collar or manacles." He sat there mulling things over. "If I mounted a new one and chain near to yours. Then did my wrists and legs, I wonder?"

He got up and went next door, seeing what was left, then returned carrying a whole lot of stuff that was dumped on the bed. Even asking her permission before knocking the spike in. James felt foolish, as an idea of wearing restraints just to see how Heather felt seemed ridiculous. But he'd issued the challenge and Miss McCreadie was accepting it.

The girl however also said he'd 'look so sweet all dolled up in a frock' and that made him splutter as she pointed to her outfit. "No I didn't mean that as well," but she said no. "The only way they'll do it is if you're wearing the dress and lying down, remember there should be a second in the casket. Go and fetch it and we'll see."

The guy went upstairs to the casket and opened it. Dragging out the two grey dresses then finding the last at the bottom. Rolling it up and returning downstairs to see her grinning broadly at him. So the fact Heather was needling him made things worse as she examined it closely. "Yep, I think you'll fit" She held it open and he took it off her, trying to remember how she did things. Planting one foot into the middle, then the other before lifting the front bit up; surprised at how heavy it was.

"Not bad," she chuckled as he got the robe to his waist, then reached an arm deep down into the sleeve before she helped James do the other and shrug himself into it. It was a better fit than he thought, snug round the arms as the girl went around the back and started doing the hooks-and-eyes, telling him to breath in a bit as it was hard to do him up. "You've put a little timber on, yes?" and James admitted he had. "Too much breakfast at home. Even June's been on at me," he chuckled. Heather smiling, "Yeah, toast, it'd make a change from cake and biscuits, even choccy ones," and they both laughed at that.