Heather's Busy Week Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At last, just as Heather was considering a timeout of her own, Rita desisted and turned to her boyfriend. 'Okay Alex, she's all yours.'

Heather strangled a sigh. For once she really had had enough. Not that she'd ever admit it. She had a reputation to live up to.

Alex obviously wasn't so proud. 'Sorry,' he said, 'I seem to have flopped.'

Lying on her back, hands behind her head, legs limp on the mattress, Heather murmured a short prayer of thanks. When she raised the energy to look she saw that Alex was out of his seat and had indeed flopped.

'I'm going for a shower,' he said, unfazed by his floppiness. 'Then I'll nip out for newspapers and bacon butties. Any preference for the papers?'

'Ones with topless girls,' Heather said. 'And a Mail on Sunday.' Then, as Alex headed for the door, 'Hey, aren't we supposed to shower together?'

'You're even more knackered than I am,' he replied. 'You probably couldn't make it as far as the bathroom.'

Heather let him go at that. A refreshing shower would be nice, but she needed to re-energize as badly as he did.

The duvet was on the floor. Rita snagged hold of it and pulled it back onto the bed, partially covering herself and her remaining bedmate, leaving their bare breasts exposed.

'I like these,' Heather said, tapping a fingernail against the nearest silver barbell. 'You weren't pierced before. Or has my memory slipped?'

Rita didn't seem to hear. 'You fucked him, didn't you?' She was smiling one of her loveliest smiles. 'Yesterday morning, I mean. In the shower. I just knew you would.'

'Am I allowed to fib?'

'You'd better not. I might have spied on you.'

'You'd never!'

'Oh yes I would.'

'In that case I'll confess,' said Heather. 'Although it was more the other way round. He lifted me off my feet and took me against the tiles. Mind you, I might have provoked him a bit.'

'It's a good job I'm open-minded. Otherwise I'd have to punish you.'

'Mmmm, sounds like fun!'

They lay in silence a while, Heather's hand cradling her friend's boob. 'What does the future hold for you and Alex?' she asked finally.

'I can't see one after our finals. He's off abroad.'

'It's only six months' voluntary work in Africa. He won't be gone forever.'

'Hev, you scoundrel! You've been having conversations with my boyfriend.'

'I like conversations. And you told me not to wear him out.'

'I know I did. I just never expected you to take any notice.'

Heather pressed a little further. 'So it's finals then farewell?'

'Looks like it. He lives two hundred miles away. And my boyfriends are only supposed to last one term. I should have dumped him long before now.'

'You obviously like him more than the others.'

Rita scrunched up her nose. 'We're just about done,' she said. 'I'm not waiting chastely for six months, however much I like him. And you know what he's like. He'll probably come back with a Somali supermodel on his arm.'

'Or a Zulu boyfriend.'

'Whatever, six months is too much. And he's had his fair share.'

'Boyfriends only last two days with me,' Heather admitted. 'Or, more accurately, two nights. In fact I'd better be off after my bacon butty. I can't have Alex setting precedents.'

'Hev, your maths are wrong. He's not had two nights. He's only been fucking you a third of the time. That's two thirds of a night up to now.'

'I'm sorry Rita, but it's you with the faulty maths. Yes, we've done a lot of pairs, but all three of us have been at it often enough. And the two of us were at it for most of yesterday afternoon.'

'Okay, maybe that's enough to bring him up to one night. But only if you stay all day today.'

Heather had to laugh at her friend's earnest expression. 'I think you're over-estimating Alex's capabilities. He's done as much up to now as most men do in two sessions. And he's almost on his knees already.'

'Well he can sit back and watch us then, can't he? Or are you chickening?'

Heather's eyes narrowed at that. Rita had made it sound like a challenge. Consequently, she was obliged to take it up. 'You fancy putting on a show for him, do you?'

'Yes. And I fancy fucking you again and again. You can fuck me too, if you want.'

'If I want?' Heather echoed.

'You don't have to.' Rita smiled. 'I won't twist your arm. Not if you're not up to it.'

'Oh I'm up for it,' said Heather. 'And I'll twist anything that tickles your fancy. Like these, for instance.' Another nail tap on a silver barbell. 'Am I allowed?'

'So long as you do it in a civilized, womanly way.'

'Okay, so I'll be civilized. And I'll stay until teatime. Satisfied?'

'I will be if you go out with Alex on Friday. As his second night, I mean.'

Heather's antennae twitched at that. Never mind Rita's faulty maths, the lovely blonde was up to no good. 'Do I detect an ulterior motive?'

'What, from me?' Rita laughed prettily.

'It doesn't have to be Friday, then?'

'Oh, Hev . . .'

'Come on, Rita, fess up.'

'Okay then, I might have Friday night alternatives Alex doesn't need to know about. Ones I can only explore if he's in safe hands.'

'Poor old Alex. He's going to get ditched and cheated on.'

'You'll do it, then?'

'Of course I'll do it. I can't be accused of not giving him his fair go, can I?'

'Excellent!' Rita eyes gleamed. 'Now we've agreed that, I've got a little challenge for you. Are you up for it?'

'Another challenge?'

'What do you mean, another? This is the first I've given you in two years.'

'No it isn't. You challenged me to stay all day today.'

'Only in your imagination, Hev. Now, are you ready for this or what?'

'I really can detect ulterior motives, you know. Shedloads of them.'

'I thought you were the girl who never backs down.'

Heather sighed. 'Go on, hit me with it.'

'If, at any time during Friday night, Saturday morning, he makes you scream in ecstasy, he gets the rest of the weekend as well. And you're not allowed to bite on anything, before you ask.'

'You mean he gets the whole weekend in my bed?'

'You can do pubs and restaurants as well,' Rita said magnanimously. 'As long as you don't let him out of your sight.'

'Okay.' Heather shrugged. She was many things, but rarely a screamer. 'What do I get when I go through the night with flying colours?'

'A date with me.'

'I thought I already had one.'

'That's this week's date. Wednesday works for me, by the way.'

'Challenge accepted. And Wednesday it is.'

They shook hands on it then Rita chuckled. 'Of course I could tell Alex exactly how to make you scream . . .'

*****

Downstairs a door opened and closed. Freshly showered, Alex was off for provisions. 'How long is he likely to be?' Heather wondered.

'It's a bit of a trek. Maybe twenty, twenty-five minutes. Missing him already?'

'No, I'm worried about him. I want to confide while he's not about.' Heather took a deep breath and assured herself she wouldn't break her promise. Even though Rita deserved to know. 'It's his nutty sister. I'm afraid she might harm him.'

'Nutty? I'm no fan of hers, but I wouldn't call her nutty.'

'Rita, this is confidential, right? She does cocaine. That was behind her behaviour on Friday.'

'She was behaving like a bitch, but that's nothing new.'

'How long have you known her?'

'Since January.'

'That's not so long. Ross said he'd been supplying her for ages. And I've known her for nearly two years. She didn't use to be so bitchy. Something's changed her.'

Rita pulled a face. 'Is Ross the most trustworthy witness?'

'He said she'd been doing him . . . favours, to keep him sweet. And he went into detail about the favours she did for him on Friday. Carrie didn't deny it when I threw them in her face. And she wanted as little as possible to do with the police. That was why she played along with me later on.'

'Was that the business about "three times"?'

'I'll tell you about that later.' Heather could see Rita was agog. It was fun to keep her waiting. 'Let's press on before Alex gets back.'

'Okay. So his sister's a druggie. Why should she harm him, though? And how could she harm him? He's a big, strong guy.'

'He laughed when I poured wine over her. And she holds grudges. Lots of girls have quit the football team because of her.'

'Hev, he's her twin brother. Twins have a special bond, don't they? He's told me they always know when each other's been hurt, even if they're miles apart. That sort of a bond.'

'I'm not saying that isn't true, but didn't Romulus kill Remus?'

'I'll take your word for that, but I still don't see how Carrie could harm Alex.'

'That stuff of Ross's is super strength. And God knows how much she got for three b . . .'

'Blowjobs!' Rita cried delightedly, pouncing even as Heather cut herself off.

'Maybe it was three something elses beginning with B.'

'I can't see it myself. And what do you think Carrie might do with her cocaine? Sprinkle it on his cornflakes?'

'I don't know,' Heather conceded. 'Perhaps she might just persuade him to try some. Get him addicted a bit at a time. I'm uneasy with him being anywhere near her. Can't he move in with you?'

'No way! He's here too often as it is. And as I already said, it's high time we were breaking up.'

'This last term's only short, what with exams and everything.'

'Hev, you're being far too protective of a man you hardly even know.'

'It's Carrie. She's spooked me.'

'She spooks me too, but not enough to make me take in a lodger. Tell you what, if you're that uneasy, let him move in with you.'

'Rita, have you seen my social diary?' Heather tried to look as if she was at her wits' end but couldn't help laughing. 'It's absolutely chocka. I'm already booked for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. And I'm due to see Rachael again.'

'Not Rachael from the Girls' Society? The one with multiple tattoos and piercings? I wouldn't have thought she was your type.'

'That's because you haven't hunted down all her piercings. All twenty-one of them.'

Rita wasn't to be side-tracked. 'So you aren't prepared to take him in either?'

'He's your boyfriend, not mine.'

'I could transfer him to you. I'm sure he wouldn't object.'

'Hmmm,' went Heather, moving on to Plan X. 'You mentioned a "lodger". Why don't you do it that way? Put him in your spare room when you don't need him.'

'I couldn't possibly have him knowing about all my comings and goings.' Rita's phone was on top of her bedside drawers, next to Heather's. She reached for it to check the time. 'Where is he, anyway? He's been gone half an hour.'

'We could agree shifts,' Heather suggested. 'He could do so many days lodging with you, so many with me . . .'

'What happened to your two night limit?'

'I'll only put him up as a lodger.'

'As if I'd believe that.'

Heather was caught between a rock and a hard place. Without breaking her promise she was never going to convince Rita that Carrie was anything more than a miserable bitch. She tried to further her argument to no avail; Rita good-naturedly stonewalled every suggestion. Before long their exchange became skittish. Playful digs and pinches developed into all-in wrestling. Heather won the wrestling match, of course, so Rita had to pay the price of losing. Not that she seemed to mind being a defenceless sex object. They forgot all about Alex and it must have been another hour or more until Heather's phone started to ring.

'It's your boyfriend,' she said, recognizing the number.

'What's he doing ringing you?'

'You probably switched yours off.'

Rita reached out from underneath Heather. 'So I did. But . . .'

'Hello Alex,' Heather said, accepting the call.

'Hev . . . I'm with Carrie. She's overdosed!'

*****

It took nearly as long to find Alex in the hospital as it did to get there. He was alone, sitting in a small waiting room, head in hands.

'Alex,' Rita cried. 'What happened?'

'How is she?' Heather asked simultaneously.

Alex visibly pulled himself together. 'I was coming out of the newsagents,' he said, pointing to the pile of Sunday papers on a coffee table. 'And I had the strongest premonition ever. I know I make out we don't have psychic links or telepathy, but that one hit me like a sledgehammer. I can't begin to describe it. I felt great fear and sadness, but that wasn't all. Not that I tried to analyse it at the time. I just knew Carrie was in trouble. Really bad trouble. I knew I had to get to her and there wasn't a cab in sight, so I dashed into the road and flagged down a passing car. The driver wasn't too happy until I gave him a tenner, then he drove me straight home.'

Alex's face was pale and drawn as he went on. 'I smelt the vomit before I even got to Carrie's room. She was lying on the bed and didn't seem to be breathing. But I could still sense her as being there, so I tried to find a pulse. That was easy. Her heart was going like the clappers. And the heat coming off her! Even her wrist seemed to be burning up. I didn't hang around doing first aid because I hadn't a clue what to do. Instead I dialled 999 and the ambulance was there in no time at all. The paramedics asked me what she'd taken and I didn't know, but they found an empty polythene envelope. She must have had some of that shit Ross was dishing out.'

'Was it about this big?' Heather drew a tiny outline in the air.

'No, it was this sort of size.' Alex sketched an imaginary rectangle five or six times larger.

'Just the one?'

He shrugged. 'That was it, as far as I could see. I suppose the police are ransacking the place even as we speak.'

'What happened next?' Rita wondered.

'A breakneck rush through town, sirens blaring. They were waiting when we arrived and she was immediately carted off God knows where. I got to help the nurses fill in a load of forms. Then I was brought in here and told to stay put.'

'Haven't they told you how she's doing?'

'She's doing as well as can be expected,' a new voice cut in.

Heather turned to see a tiny black woman in a dark blue uniform. Except maybe "woman" was an incorrect description, because she could hardly be out of her teens. 'I'm Sister Angela,' she continued, sounding very professional. Then, looking at Heather and Rita: 'And you are?'

Sister? Heather thought. Has she found the elixir of life? Or does she get promoted every two weeks?

'I'm Alex's girlfriend,' said Rita.

'And I'm a close friend of Carrie's,' Heather added, inventively.

Sister Angela looked sternly at Heather. 'Are you close enough to know what she's taken?'

'I don't know for sure, but I'd bet the farm on cocaine.'

'Is that your circle's drug of choice?'

'No it is not!' Rita exploded.

Heather caught hold of her friend's hand. 'Carrie's on her own when it comes to drugs,' she said firmly.

'You do appreciate that anything you tell us can only help?'

'Yes, I understand that.' Heather hesitated. 'Carrie had a big party on Friday,' she said finally. 'A high-profile affair. One of her guests ended up on a drugs charge. He might have given her something. DI Fazakerley will know what he was handing around. He's in CID at the station in North Street.'

Sister Angela nodded briefly. 'I'm not a doctor, so take this as my opinion only. I understand Ms Hart is making progress. She's being stabilized and she's expected to be in HDU before too very long.'

'HDU,' Alex echoed.

'It's a precaution. She probably won't be there twenty-four hours.'

'Can I see her?'

'She's not there yet.'

'Can I see her when she does get there, then?'

'That really is one for the doctor. But I'll put in a good word for you.'

*****

That afternoon turned into the longest Heather could remember. The local hospital was one of the few that still had a public canteen, albeit run by some "foodservice company". A bite to eat in there was an early highlight, but Alex wouldn't even allow himself that luxury. He insisted on staying where he was, in case somebody arrived bearing news. Rita, fluttering her lashes and flicking her hair, sweet-talked the guy behind the serving counter into making three roast lamb sandwiches. While she took Alex his lunch Heather retraced her steps from earlier, eventually finding the cash machine she'd spotted out of the corner of her eye. Purse restocked, she got out her mobile.

'Hi Gill, it's me.'

'Hi Hev, good to hear from you. Tomorrow night's still on, I hope.'

'Seven o'clock in Ye Olde. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Er, where are you? It sounds as if you're in a cave.'

'I'm in the changing room. I'm running late so I'm on my own. The other girls are already out in the nets.'

'Don't let me keep you, then.'

'I'll be all right for another minute or two. I'll be getting plenty of stick anyhow.'

Heather hastened on before she was asked where she was calling from. She didn't want to discuss Carrie's overdose just then. 'Tomorrow,' she said, 'what are you expecting me to be wearing? Another tiny red dress?'

'Wear anything you want. As long as it comes off easily enough.'

'I'll leave the chastity belt at home, then.'

'Make sure you do.' Gill lowered her voice. 'What would your ideal ending to the night be?'

'In my own, perfect little world? We would get naked together. Then I'd open the bowling while you enthusiastically received. After you'd had a good, lengthy innings, you'd bowl at me. Then we'd find new ways of batting and bowling, so we could do both at the same time.'

'That sounds very much like my perfect little world. Except I'd prefer to open the bowling.'

'Let's have a toss, then. In true cricket tradition.'

'With a coin?'

'That will be quickest. And politest, if we're going do it in the pub.'

Gill laughed. 'Okay. As soon as we've found a table we'll go for it. The winner gets to decide whether to deliver or receive. Then we can discuss the decision in depth, taking into account overhead conditions and . . .'

Someone shouted at Gill's end, making Heather jerk the phone away from her ear.

'Got to go,' the crick chick said. 'See you at seven prompt.'

As afternoon highlights went, the conversation with Gill was the last . . . unless she counted the arrival of Alex's mother, who'd flown London to Manchester before getting a taxi to ferry her to the hospital.

It was after five by the time Mrs Hart showed up. Medical feedback had been non-existent. Rita had spent most of her time stopping Alex from stomping off, demanding explanations. Meanwhile Heather listlessly thumbed her way through newspaper after newspaper, reading what sometimes only just passed for articles without really taking them in. The air was filled with a strange blend of boredom, apprehension and lethargy. Waiting to see a dentist was a doddle by comparison.

Mother's entrance was surprisingly tame. Heather had expected a fire-breathing dragon, but the lady was far from that. She was trim, well-presented and didn't look a day over thirty, even though she had to be closer to forty-five. Even more surprisingly, her face had been used as a template for her son's. She didn't look like Carrie at all.

'Alex,' she said, ignoring his two companions.

He stood awkwardly, a schoolboy expecting to be chastised.

Then Mother was hugging him, stroking his hair and murmuring into his ear. Heather and Rita exchanged bemused glances. Hard-done-by Alex obviously protested too much when talking about "Mother".

'They won't tell us what's going on,' he sobbed as much as said. 'We've been left on pins for hours and hours.'

'There's a doctor on his way,' Mother replied oozing self-confidence. 'He'll be here soon. That lovely sister is seeing to it.' Then, letting her son go. 'Please tell me what happened before he arrives. How did Carrie get herself into this latest mess?'

'I don't know. I haven't been home for a couple of nights. I've been at Rita's.'

'I'm Rita,' the strawberry blonde volunteered.